Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? (22918 Views)

Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Tunagee(m): 10:32am On May 25, 2018
paparazzi1987:
It is only in countary like Nigeria you will see companies installing CCTV in the washrooms and some youths on nairaland are fine with it.. shocked

It's becos Nigerian youths and workers are slaves full of mental slavery! They are fine with anything, even if the employer holds their salary for months, they are ok with it saying ''jobs no dey outside''

2 Likes

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Tunagee(m): 10:33am On May 25, 2018
Orpe7:
Like say na her yansh dem wan see
Rubbish! Go resign na
Hunger go finish u

Mental slavery wan kill u abi?
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Aditueledumare(m): 10:33am On May 25, 2018
op did not tell us the nature of the business carried out in this company. The said company might have lost their valuables, toilet may be the place where the evil had been perpetrated.
This may not be the best security measures if you ask.
God help us modern slavery.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Yewandequeen(f): 10:36am On May 25, 2018
Iranoladun:

Unless the situation is as painted above otherwise she can anonymously report the organisation to the authorities e.g. Min of Labour, Lagos state office of the public defender, min of women affairs, NBA, human rights group and the civil society. If the organization wants to monitor employee pooing and weeing live on camera that is invasion of privacy and against ILO standards

This is Nigeria dear, they will pay their way out. Those bodies u mentioned won't do anything.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Yewandequeen(f): 10:38am On May 25, 2018
Tunagee:

U don't understand! Ladies do come out to the passage to dress up. I worked in a multinationals before where male toilets and female toilets are placed right beside each other. We use to see a lot of the things. Some ladies would come out of the toilet rooms to the passage and be dressing up, pants and everything exposed,probably cos the toilet rooms were very small; they dont even bother to close the main door cos of the offensive smell and stench that comes out of the room.
they no get shame niyen.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Meenzy: 10:40am On May 25, 2018
Don't resign this nigeria jobs are hard to get u don't need a prophet to tell u dat just endure no matter what is far better than been out there looking for a job manage d one you've got and hope for better working environment for ya.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by ibekwe97: 10:40am On May 25, 2018
i hope she is not d only female workers there, wat about the other female, wat they saying over d issue, or u should stop using the toilet wn u re on duty. my sister no work in dis country, manage the one u re doing
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by ImaIma1(f): 10:49am On May 25, 2018
We don't even know when our rights are being infringed upon. People here are saying it is no big deal. No big deal for someone to watch you poop.

So if i am purging, i have to arrange myself and use tge toilet with caution knowing that the IT guys are watching and probably laughing.

Why do they even need to put the cctv in there? Can they try this in an organization abroad?

I think the issue should be addressed. What are her senior colleagues,especially the ladies, saying about it? Or is everyone keeping mum?
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Nobody: 10:56am On May 25, 2018
Kai , Nigerians have lost their mind, this is coming from a very so called religious society . the fact that the mad man who owns the company wants to do this is not as much problem as all the people on this forum who thinks inversion of people privacy is not a immoral . Wow what a country.

1 Like

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Nobody: 10:58am On May 25, 2018
ImaIma1:
We don't even know when our rights are being infringed upon. People here are saying it is no big deal. No big deal for someone to watch you poop.

So if i am purging, i have to arrange myself and use tge toilet with caution knowing that the IT guys are watching and probably laughing.

Why do they even need to put the cctv in there? Can they try this in an organization abroad?

I think the issue should be addressed. What are her senior colleagues,especially the ladies, saying about it? Or is everyone keeping mum?
Am so speechless, if you see where the same Nigerians are fighting for their right abroad, you will think they have fixed all the nonsense in their country.

1 Like

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by kullozone(m): 11:00am On May 25, 2018
You people should stop typing rubbish na... Are they scared an employee would wanna sniff cocaine, load a gun or plant a bomb in the toilet or what

Of all places, the toilet?
Why would I even want to watch someone taking a shiit or urinating, as an IT guy sef? Even if I wouldn't see the shiit directly, it's still bvllshit.

Una dey crasesmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by DreamSonInlaw(m): 11:04am On May 25, 2018
She should rally other females in the office for a need to address management
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Chukazu: 11:13am On May 25, 2018
Depends on the camera position
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Juvi: 11:17am On May 25, 2018
Let the females in the office, with the support of the male colleagues protest about this. At least let them remove it from female rest room
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by lookingfly: 11:22am On May 25, 2018
Most of the security cams are placed to capture inside the cubicle where the actually shitn or peeing happens. They place the cams where a general view of individuals that enter the rest room are seen. Is she saying that the cubicle is to small for her to poo, pee or even change her pad or whatever. It seems she has other better job options.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Mhickeytypist(m): 11:27am On May 25, 2018
Do you need a touch typist with a typing speed of 76 /110wpm or a data entry expert. Then check out my signature - mhickeytypist. www.fiverr.com/s2/bc446e455b
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Nobody: 11:30am On May 25, 2018
The way some Nigerians reason ehn, I guess that's the reason why the country is not moving forward.

Most of the people commenting here won't tolerate it but you will see them posting no big deal.

How can they install cctv camera inside the toilet, that's nonsense, what happened to privacy?

Have never seen where cctv is installed inside the toilet, might be around but not inside the toilet.

All the staff there should kick against it.

I won't tell you to resign, just make sure you go there with your powder, pour enough in your hand and blow it on the face of the cctv,thats all.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Nobody: 11:31am On May 25, 2018
lookingfly:
Most of the security cams are placed to capture inside the cubicle where the actually shitn or peeing happens. They place the cams where a general view of individuals that enter the rest room are seen. Is she saying that the cubicle is to small for her to poo, pee or even change her pad or whatever. It seems she has other better job options.

She said inside the toilet.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by abdulhadi101(m): 11:39am On May 25, 2018
Quality20:
I think I also have a similar issue. I share apartment with somebody and I feel strongly he bugged d room with a spy camera but I don't know how to spot or remove it, please can anybody help, I really can't move out as houses are quite expensive even more than ds one I'm staying
Alright there is a way, during the night turn off all light or any form of illumination coming inside the room (S), turn on ur phone camera and search with it as a searchlight, some CCTV cameras have infrared rays which can't be seen with the naked eye, but are visible through ur camera phone

1 Like

Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Iranoladun(f): 11:47am On May 25, 2018
Yewandequeen:

This is Nigeria dear, they will pay their way out. Those bodies u mentioned won't do anything.

No, I differ. The company may bribe government agencies/officials but not human rights group and international agencies. We should never keep quiet in the face of tyranny otherwise organisation will keep trying nonsense policies and practices.

Some people commenting are even making it a ladies things as if it is okay to be watching men in the toilet when they are urinating or pooing!
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by sannde: 11:50am On May 25, 2018
urinate alone without removing skirts, pants stretch beside method while standing.. u don't need to wear trousers.

during menstruation, request for menstrual leave.

poopooing, go out to public toilet.

SHIKENA!
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by lookingfly: 11:54am On May 25, 2018
udemzy101:

She said inside the toilet.
it can be in the toilet but if as she said, it's really inside the toilet then the company should be called to order. The company can even be sued. But I really doubt it's inside the toilet, you know the use of inappropriate words most times conveys false perception or meaning to the listener or reader.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Akanni17(m): 11:57am On May 25, 2018
AyanbajoSD100:
She shd resign as fast as possible and allow more serious people get the job..The cctv is not situated to face u ...That of the male for instance..the Men wod hv to back it..that is hw it's installed.they are situated at angles to captures what and who goes in .......She has more things she does there aside just the camera palava
Organization usually fails to communicate or educate their workers on policy making. Did they tell them d position of d camera
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 25, 2018
The camera won't cover the entire toilet but the entrance.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by DedeNkem: 12:02pm On May 25, 2018
PassiveNaira:
Hello Nairalanders,

A female friend came to meet me for an urgent advice as to whether she should resign as soon as this month end.

The organisation she works for pasted an internal memo that says that "Henceforth, CCTV devices shall be installed in all workers toilet including male and female to put security check in place beginning from next week.

As a female, she feels that will be kind of shameful for the IT personnel incharge of monitoring CCTV to be watching her and other female colleagues when they do their poos or pass urine.

She is fed up with the company and its unexpected decisions that usually come without consulting the staff.

Should she go ahead to tender her resignation as from next week since the month is coasting to an end?

Your advice will go a long way to help her.

Lalasticalania please push to front page to let people contribute.

CCTV in toilets? Are people being murdered in the company's toilets daily for them to deem this right? So some pervs. will be watching women use the restroom? LOL. This is really bad.

Try this nonsense in a civilized country and your company would be shut down with an avalanche of lawsuits! Nigeria is where ANYTHING goes. A very uncivilized zoo not a country!
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by LordeCalifornia: 12:07pm On May 25, 2018
PassiveNaira:
Hello Nairalanders,

A female friend came to meet me for an urgent advice as to whether she should resign as soon as this month end.

The organisation she works for pasted an internal memo that says that "Henceforth, CCTV devices shall be installed in all workers toilet including male and female to put security check in place beginning from next week.

As a female, she feels that will be kind of shameful for the IT personnel incharge of monitoring CCTV to be watching her and other female colleagues when they do their poos or pass urine.

She is fed up with the company and its unexpected decisions that usually come without consulting the staff.

Should she go ahead to tender her resignation as from next week since the month is coasting to an end?

Your advice will go a long way to help her.

Lalasticala.nia please push to front page to let people contribute.
she shouldn't resign just yet.
The cameras would not be installed facing the urinals or toilet cubicles. They would be installed in the toilet lobby. So there'd be no privacy invasion.
Tell her to wait for the cameras to be installed first, before taking any decision.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by drakeli: 12:10pm On May 25, 2018
fatymore:
maybe she doesn't watch American films...whenever she wants to urinate..let her say it loudly so the IT guy can hear inside the toilet .....
Me: IT guy I want to urinate...next thing to do, is to cover the camera with a towel or anything...if they ask her why she did, let her explain she isn't comfortable with people seeing her unclothedness...from there, they would get the drift.
They don’t put cctv in restrooms in America. A business owner was recently charged to court for hiding a cctv camera in his business toilet. He would be coughing out a lot of money for infringing on others privacy.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by ukazi: 12:19pm On May 25, 2018
She does not need to resign. The Economy is very harsh. She can make alternative arrangements like using the toilets of a nearby eatery, filling station, bank, public toilets. She can also be a friend to an employee that works in a nearby office so that she can always use their convenience whenever nature calls. You dont have to leave your job especially if it is lucrative because of this. Let her find a way around it.
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by Xagaa(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2018
Just imagine. No respe for privacy of employees
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by fatymore(f): 12:31pm On May 25, 2018
drakeli:
They don’t put cctv in restrooms in America. A business owner was recently charged to court for hiding a cctv camera in his business toilet. He would be coughing out a lot of money for infringing on others privacy.
thanks love but I have never been there...When you watch American Action films, you would understand what i am talking about
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by warchild00: 12:35pm On May 25, 2018
There is no cause for concern because the CCTV would most likely be installed to capture footage facing the entrance/exit door... Not facing each and every Urinal or WC. I have heard cases of staff getting freaky in the restroom in the early hours before other staff come in
Re: CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? by myke92(m): 12:47pm On May 25, 2018
The CCTV cameras would be installed in the lobby of the restroom, and not directly inside each of them, so there's no Cause for alarm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project / First Ever Nigerian Police Women Inauguration In 1956 (Throwback Video) / How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.