Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Radiator Fans Don't Work When AC Is On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Radiator Fans Don't Work When AC Is On (1116 Views)

Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? / Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Radiator Fans Don't Work When AC Is On by temmym4(m): 3:06pm On May 24, 2018
I have a little issue concerning my car AC, it works well and blows cold, but the Radiator fan doesn't come on to cool the condenser and compressor.

I actually didn't allow Kazeems to remove any of my car's thermostat so the radiator fan only come up once a while when temperature rises then stop after few seconds/minutes when everything goes normal or when moving.

I believe when the AC is switched on, the radiator fan should start Automatically Just like my 2nd car but this one won't just come on.
There was a time i started the car and switched on the AC trying to see if the fan will actually come on, i waited for about 4 minutes and then the Compressor started bringing out smoke due to overheating because the fan wasn't coming on since the engine temperature itself didn't rise.

Now i am forced to only use the AC at high speed so air could blow into the system or remove one of my engine sensors to allow the fan start running immediately when the vehicle starts. Am not convenient with this as the Check Engine light is always on.

Is there something i can do about this please?
I dont want my fan running everytime the vehicle is working, neither do i want my compressor fried because fan wont respond to the AC coming on.
Is there a fault somewhere? Help please.

Car is Nissan Primera p11 1.6.
Thanks
Re: Radiator Fans Don't Work When AC Is On by AutoElectNG: 11:30pm On May 24, 2018
temmym4:
I have a little issue concerning my car AC, it works well and blows cold, but the Radiator fan doesn't come on to cool the condenser and compressor.

I actually didn't allow Kazeems to remove any of my car's thermostat so the radiator fan only come up once a while when temperature rises then stop after few seconds/minutes when everything goes normal or when moving.

I believe when the AC is switched on, the radiator fan should start Automatically Just like my 2nd car but this one won't just come on.
There was a time i started the car and switched on the AC trying to see if the fan will actually come on, i waited for about 4 minutes and then the Compressor started bringing out smoke due to overheating because the fan wasn't coming on since the engine temperature itself didn't rise.

Now i am forced to only use the AC at high speed so air could blow into the system or remove one of my engine sensors to allow the fan start running immediately when the vehicle starts. Am not convenient with this as the Check Engine light is always on.

Is there something i can do about this please?
I dont want my fan running everytime the vehicle is working, neither do i want my compressor fried because fan wont respond to the AC coming on.
Is there a fault somewhere? Help please.

Car is Nissan Primera p11 1.6.
Thanks

Electrical fault somewhere

Your need the vehicle wiring diagram to troubleshoot.

(1) (Reply)

Registered Toyota Corolla '07 For Sale / Mercedes Benz - ML 500 For Sales / Emirates To Offer Driverless Drones With Fully-Enclosed First Class Private Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.