Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? (4085 Views)

My Car Overheats Please Help / My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:10am On May 30, 2020
My Ford focus st170 temperature gauge never cross quarter level when driving to anywhere even on sunny dayz but immediately I switched my AC the temperature gauge overshoots and indicates overheating. My AC technician told me to flush the cars radiator which I did but still there's no any change. Driving a car without AC can be a pain in the neck. Engineers in d house let's hear your opinions.
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by Toyosienna: 6:28am On May 30, 2020
?
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by Toyosienna: 6:33am On May 30, 2020
??
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by Toyosienna: 6:35am On May 30, 2020
??
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by Toyosienna: 6:42am On May 30, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
My Ford focus st170 temperature gauge never cross quarter level when driving to anywhere even on sunny dayz but immediately I switched my AC the temperature gauge overshoots and indicates overheating. My AC technician told me to flush the cars radiator which I did but still there's no any change. Driving a car without AC can be a pain in the neck. Engineers in d house let's hear your opinions.

Check your ac compressor For malfunction and your drive belt, inspect your water pump ,radiator and condenser should be clean aswel inspect the fan coolant may not flow

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by oluwaseunla(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2020
For some reason, the system is not dissipating heat fast enough when you switch on the Air-conditioning.

Check cooling fan efficiency, Radiator and condenser (they both might be partially blocked).

Be sure your drive belt is properly fitted.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by autologic: 8:52am On May 30, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
It implies that your Cooling system ( not your ac ) has hidden issue that need to be fished out . Jsut go for cooling system Diagnostics test to save u the stress of trial by error .

3 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by entrep88: 9:19am On May 30, 2020
You may have to increase your radiator to double cell or check the fan speed!

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by autologic: 9:22am On May 30, 2020
entrep88:
You may have to increase your radiator to double cell or check the fan speed!
Bad advice for the bolded ,cos the radiator size that is currently there is a manufacturer spec design , altering that size will open door for more problem .

7 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:48am On May 30, 2020
Thanks guys, we just discovered that one of the 2 cooling fans is not blowing very well like the other one? But could this be the reason?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by Nobody: 9:53am On May 30, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
Thanks guys, we just discovered that one of the 2 cooling fans is not blowing very well like the other one? But could this be the reason?
why not take it to a mechanic I don’t understand why you guys have to post everything on Nairaland and at the end of the day you will still take it to a mechanic oo ....what I’m saying is that there are professionals for this stuffs outside Nairaland #getsensenow

5 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by entrep88: 9:56am On May 30, 2020
autologic:

Bad advice for the bolded ,cos the radiator size that is currently there is a manufacturer spec design , altering that size will open door for more problem .
Oga pls keep quite. I advised based on experience. Forget whats on paper, many cars imported to our country are not designed for this hot climate hence the reasons for this modifications to suite our weather. The first camry i used had this same issue, i got the experience when we changed to double cell as the single cell could not handle the existing temp. I wasnt a fan of technicians removing thermostats, but over time it seems the best solutions to some overheating challenges.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:06am On May 30, 2020
Possiblegee:
why not take it to a mechanic I don’t understand why you guys have to post everything on Nairaland and at the end of the day you will still take it to a mechanic oo ....what I’m saying is that there are professionals for this stuffs outside Nairaland #getsensenow
we have so many brainy guys on nairaland bro. After getting informations on nairaland then u just tell your mechanic what u r suspecting and he will at least know that u know tins about your car and may be scared to be calling some mechanical jargons just to scare u and drain your pocket with huge charges. Abi u don forget our kazeeems?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by orahfrancis(m): 10:14am On May 30, 2020
I had a very funny experience with my Peugeot 307, i had same issue i exhausted all options. My electrician asked me to change my battery from 65 anp to 75 anp when i did that the overheating disappeared.
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by autologic: 10:51am On May 30, 2020
entrep88:

Oga pls keep quite. I advised based on experience. Forget whats on paper, many cars imported to our country are not designed for this hot climate hence the reasons for this modifications to suite our weather. The first camry i used had this same issue, i got the experience when we changed to double cell as the single cell could not handle the existing temp. I wasnt a fan of technicians removing thermostats, but over time it seems the best solutions to some overheating challenges.
sorry sir

5 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:00am On May 30, 2020
orahfrancis:
I had a very funny experience with my Peugeot 307, i had same issue i exhausted all options. My electrician asked me to change my battery from 65 anp to 75 anp when i did that the overheating disappeared.
battery ke

2 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by TPound(m): 11:41am On May 30, 2020
tetralogyfallot:

Try changing your fan with a higher capacity

3 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by udemzyudex(m): 1:29pm On May 30, 2020
entrep88:

Oga relax grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:07am On Jun 12, 2020
After changing one of its cooling fans everything is now normal. Cooling fans are as important to car as lungs are important to humans. The temperature gauge never crosses quarter since we changed the fan. Thanks guys I really appreciate your comments.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by thebigkendo(m): 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
After changing one of its cooling fans everything is now normal. Cooling fans are as important to car as lungs are important to humans. The temperature gauge never crosses quarter since we changed the fan. Thanks guys I really appreciate your comments.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by thebigkendo(m): 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
tetralogyfallot:

But the car temperature gauge is suppose to cross quarter.
You are over cooling your engine...
I bet your kazeem removed thermostat & wired the fan to run continously..

Temperature guage is suppose to be very close to the middle.. Like this
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11721091_img20200612200147_jpeg298df8b56ca05b08fe4f341a65fa472a
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:38pm On Jun 12, 2020
thebigkendo:

But the car temperature gauge is suppose to cross quarter.
You are over cooling your engine...
I bet your kazeem removed thermostat & wired the fan to run continously..

Temperature guage is suppose to be very close to the middle.. Like this
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11721091_img20200612200147_jpeg298df8b56ca05b08fe4f341a65fa472a
thermostat wen my kazeem don remove teytey. My fan dey connected to ignition o. As I dey on motor the fan dey start together with the engine no time. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by thebigkendo(m): 11:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
thermostat wen my kazeem don remove teytey. My fan dey connected to ignition o. As I dey on motor the fan dey start together with the engine no time. grin grin grin

You are doin well grin grin
Overcooling better pass overheating..

The last i had overheating with AC on.. Cleaning the condenser & radiator fins solved my problem

5 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by Lokoyen(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2020
tetralogyfallot:

Lol.. You re funny with that "my kazeem" line grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by alphaNomega: 11:41am On Jun 14, 2020
tetralogyfallot:

Yes it could. Get a replacement ASAP
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by bigx(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2020
tetralogyfallot:

Be saving for new engine.
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by bigx(m): 11:50am On Jun 14, 2020
entrep88:

Oga pls keep quite. I advised based on experience. Forget whats on paper, [b]many cars imported to our country are not designed for this hot climate [/b]hence the reasons for this modifications to suite our weather. The first camry i used had this same issue, i got the experience when we changed to double cell as the single cell could not handle the existing temp. I wasnt a fan of technicians removing thermostats, but over time it seems the best solutions to some overheating challenges.
Including those from Texas, UAE and South Africa?
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by NaijadrivaCars: 11:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Toyosienna:
??
Is that you Siena?
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by chukel(m): 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
entrep88:

I pity who you offloaded that problem to.
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by kingreign(m): 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Despite the amount of preaching gazzuzz, Chukel, lomomike, Kingreign, Siena had been preaching on this forum about cooling systems we still have ignorant folks.

embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by chukel(m): 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Op's car will soon be advertised as no issues, run and drive. Then someone who thinks he has hit jackpot will inherit wahala. Tomorrow, both he and OP will be swearing that Ford is a useless car. You see our problem?
Re: Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? by chukel(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Of all monikers, you chose tetraology of fallot. Oya naa, wahala otipoju

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy Or Not To Buy? Converted Nissan Primera SE / Toyota Corolla Steering Is Hard To Turn / 07-10 Toyota Camry Muscle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.