Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,076 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ (1070 Views)

Paul The Apostle Lied! He Contradicts Jesus True & Divine Message. / Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? / How To Be The Apostle Paul Of Our Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Abdulgaffar22: 3:11pm On May 24, 2018
Several years after Jesus’ departure from the earth, a man known as Paul (also called Saul of Tarsus) who happened to be a great persecutor of Jesus’ disciples was walking with his two companions on a road outside Damascus to carry out more of his evil mission. In this spiritual state, Paul then saw a great light falling from heaven and heard a voice which said to him; ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting”. He believed this great light as true Jesus Christ (Acts 22:6-9). After some days, Paul started to be receiving some kind of special revelation (Galatians 1:12) from this great light that portrayed himself as Jesus Christ. Yet before his departure, Jesus forewarned the apostles as follows: Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying; I am the Christ; and shall deceive many (Matthew 24:4-5)…“Then if anyone says here is Christ or there, DO NOT BELIEVE IT. For false christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possiblye, even the elect. See, I have told you ahead of time. So if anyone tells you; Christ is out in the wilderness, do not go out; or Christ is in the inner rooms, DO NOT BELIEVE IT. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the son of Man. Wherever there is a carcass, then the vultures will gather(Matthew 24:23-28)”. In these verses, we are commanded by Jesus not to believe any account of a person who claims to have seen Jesus in a private manner prior to his universally-visible appearance to all . Jesus was telling us that his returning to earth again from heaven will be clear and unmistakable to everyone. Every eye from every point “east and west” will see him. The people would gather to see Jesus coming from the heaven just like vultures gather over the carcass. Hence, any private appearances of Jesus before this public appearance should be discarded .Therefore, if Jesus’ private appearance to Paul in form of “a great light falling from heaven” would be an exception to this great warning of not believing in private appearances of Christ, then Jesus should have foretold this exceptional event to the original apostles before he ascended to heaven. But Jesus did not foretell anything like that. Instead of pre-informing the original apostles that he would privately appear to someone like “LIGHTNING FROM HEAVEN” before his universally-visible appearance to all, Jesus only informed them as follows;“I saw Satan falling like LIGHTNING FROM HEAVEN (Luke10:18)”.See how all evidence is working seriously against Paul! But is it really reasonable to believe that it was Satan, and not Jesus, that revealed himself to Paul in form of lightning from heaven? Yes, it is not only reasonable but also probable because as at that time Paul was yet to repent from all the evil crimes he has committed against the true followers of Christ (Acts 9:1, 26:11). In fact, his spiritual condition was so bad(1st Timothy 1:13) for anyone to be sure that he possessed nothing of divine power and divine wisdom that could have protected him from such satanic delusion. If the great light that appear to Paul was true Jesus Christ, then one would expect Jesus to command him to repent immediately and secretly meet the original apostles of Jesus who were then living at Jerusalem. On the contrary, Paul even continued to boast and proclaimed that these original apostles of Jesus imparted nothing to him (Galatians 2:6). So Paul relied heavily on the special revelation he was receiving from his personal Jesus (Galatians 1:12). However, the fact that Paul contradicts true Jesus on many important issues is even enough to prove that the revelation he claimed to receive was from fake Jesus Christ. For example, God and Jesus forbid the believers from eating spiritually unclean foods and meat sacrificed to idols (Ezekiel 22:26, Revelation 2:14)but Paul wrote that there is nothing wrong in eating such things as long as you do not eat them in the presence of a weak believer(1st Corinthians 8:8-10, Colossians 2:16).Again, Jesus’ statement in Matthew 24:24 and Matthew 7:21-23 implies that; performing great signs and wonders in Jesus’ name are the things that would accompany the false christs and the false prophets. Yet Paul declare that performing great signs and wonders in Jesus’ name are the things that even commissioned him as true apostle of Jesus Christ (2nd Corinthians 12:12, Romans 15:19). Furthermore, Jesus said: Do NOT THINK I CAME TO DESTROY THE LAW or the (way of the) PROPHETS. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the LAW till ALL IS FULFILLED (Matthew 5:17-18). Yet Paul declares as follows: “Christ is the end of the Law (Romans 10:4). But BEFORE faith came, we were KEPT UNDER GUARD BY THE LAW, kept for the faith which after-ward would be revealed. Therefore, THE LAW WAS OUR TUTOR to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But AFTER faith has come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A TUTOR (Galatians 3:23-25).
Again, despite the fact that circumcision is an everlasting covenant of God for the Jews i:e the Israelites (Genesis 17:9-14) and Jesus himself was also circumcised (Luke 2:21); yet Paul went ahead to write as follows: “Indeed, I Paul say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. And I testify again to EVERY MAN who become circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. You have become estranged (i.e. cut off ) from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by the law; you have fallen from grace(Galatians 5:2-4)”. The term “EVERY MAN” used by Paul in the verse quoted above is indisputable evidence that he condemned the act of circumcision for both Jews and Gentiles. If this is not the case, then the Jewish believers in the Jerusalem would not bound themselves with oath that they will never eat nor drink until they kill Paul (Acts 23:12-14). In fact, this single fact alone that Paul condemn the act of circumcision, an EVERLASTING covenant of God, is another prove that “the great light from heaven” that appeared to Paul on his road to Damascus was a false Christ as already foretold by Jesus Christ during his earthly ministry.
Furthermore, Bible recorded that the number of Jesus apostles was somehow fixed to be twelve (Matthew 10:2-7, 19:28, Revelation 21:14). Therefore, when Judas Iscariot fell out and there was need for replacement and restoration of original twelve, then one would expect the divine plan to unfold in such a way that original apostles would be pre-informed by Jesus to exercise patience and wait till Paul repents. But instead of waiting for Paul, Matthias was chosen to replace Judas under the guidance of Holy Spirit (Acts 1:20-26). This proves again that apostleship of Paul was not even recognized in heaven. Yet Paul repeatedly called himself an apostle of true Jesus Christ at the beginning of most of his letters. The most astonishing part of Paul and his assertion of being among the apostle of Christ is that, unlike other writers, he almost never quotes Jesus in any of his letters. Yet this is expected from Paul if truly the light he saw falling from heaven was true Jesus Christ.
Paul was also caught lying red handed; he was accused of teaching all the Jews among the Gentiles to forsake circumcision and the Law of Moses (Acts 21:18-31). But instead of proving this accusation to be true or false when the King Agrippa asked him about that accusation, Paul now claimed that he was being accused for the hope of the promise made by God i.e. the resurrection of the dead (Acts 26:1-cool and for the fact that he advised people to repent and turn to God (Acts 26:19-21). There is nothing like “circumcision and the law of Moses” in the answers presented by Paul to the King. In fact, Paul himself admitted to be a liar when he said: “For if the truth of God has increased through MY LIE to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner (Romans 3:7)”.
Yet the same Paul wrote almost half of the books found in the New Testament. See the foundation upon which the edifice of Christianity is erected!
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Originakalokalo(m): 3:48pm On May 24, 2018
You and whoever who created this text lack the understanding of the Bible.

The last statement read " See the foundation upon which Christianity is laid..

The foundation of Christianity is laid on Jesus and not on Paul...

The foundation of Christianity is laid on the birth, death and ressurection of Jesus...

Issues raised in the text are very easy to clarify.

Go and read the Bible very well and understand the content.
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by enilove(m): 4:29pm On May 24, 2018
Paul was actually called by Jesus. Jesus appeared to his disciple for about 40 days after his death as he promised :

John 16:16 KJV
A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

Acts 1:3 KJV
To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

You did not give a completed account of how Jesus called Paul :

Acts 9:4-20 KJV
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? [5] And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. [6] And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. [7] And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. [8] And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. [9] And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink. [10] And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here , Lord. [11] And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, [12] And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight. [13] Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem: [14] And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name. [15] But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: [16] For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. [17] And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. [18] And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized. [19] And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus. [20] And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

PAUL AND OTHER DISCIPLES DID NOT DO THOSE THINGS FOR PERSONAL GAIN AND WERE NOT FILTHY MEN OF GOD UNLIKE MUHAMMAD AND HIS DISCIPLES :

Book 008, Number 3243:

Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported: We were on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and we had no women with us. We said: Should we not have ourselves castrated? He (the Holy Prophet) forbade us to do so He then granted us permission that we should contract temporary marriage for a stipulated period giving her a garment, and 'Abdullah then recited this verse: 'Those who believe do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, and do not transgress. Allah does not like trangressers" (al-Qur'an, v. 87).
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by spartan117(m): 4:42pm On May 24, 2018
You have been sent to mislead christians with erroneous doctrines but you see we believers have the Holy Spirit in us and he teaches us all truth much that we can not be misled.

We're way past the era of darkness we are now in the light and we function in a realm of knowledge called epignosis which is the highest form of knowledge which you and your kind will never be able to comprehend simply because you lack the ability or the capacity.

Frankly the epignosis of God's word is in a different plain far higher than your wildest imaginations.

However you too can receive christ jesus into your life today!!!

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by plainbibletruth: 5:05pm On May 24, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Several years after Jesus’ departure from the earth, a man known as Paul (also called Saul of Tarsus) .....
Yet the same Paul wrote almost half of the books found in the New Testament. See the foundation upon which the edifice of Christianity is erected!

Moslems do not have a sufficient understanding of what biblical texts say.

As a result they get themselves confused.

1. In Matthew 24:4-5 Jesus is saying that people - human beings - will claim to be Christs. It was in relation to a specific future event and in answer to questions he was asked. Paul's encounter in Acts 9 was not with a human being. It is not situated in the event Jesus was referring to. So, you missed the point here.

2. When Paul said: “Christ is the end of the Law (Romans 10:4) he is confirming what Jesus said in Mathew - Christ fulfilled the Law. The purpose of the Law is fulfilled in him. Again, there's no contradiction here. You missed the point again.

3. On circumcision: It was God who in Acts 15 led the ENTIRE CHURCH to see circumcision as no longer mandatory for believers. It was not what Paul on his own decided. You're again off the mark here.

4. In Romans 3:7 Paul is using the term any one putting forward an argument would do. You did not quote the ENTIRE VERSE not to talk of the complete argument. That in itself is FALSEHOOD on your part. The complete rendition is: "Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?" You are the one actually lying here.

Your attempt to discredit Paul falls woefully on its face. Because Moslems like you think that if you can puncture a hole in his credibility then you can destroy Christianity you go to any length to attempt to do that. Unfortunately because you start from a wrong premise your efforts never yield any good thing.

Paul and Jesus agree on everything the starting point of which is: "Believe on the Lord Jesus (as your Saviour, not just as a prophet) and you will be saved"
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Abdulgaffar22: 6:20pm On May 24, 2018
God Almighty declare: I, even, I am the Lord and beside me there is NO saviour(Isaiah 43:11) . Are you saying Jesus is God Almighty by asking me to accept him as my savior and not a prophet alone? If you say yes, then answer the following questions
“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent (John 17:3). Therefore, if the Father is the only true God according to Jesus Christ, then how could Jesus be God ? Similarly in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to have said “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to MY GOD and your God”. If Jesus is God according to the Christians, then can God have another God? Also Luke 6:12 recorded that Jesus went out to the mountainside to pray, and continued all night in PRAYER TO GOD. If Jesus is God, who was he praying to? Was he praying to himself or was God praying to God? Similarly, in John 14:28, Jesus said: “My Father is GREATER THAN I”. If Jesus is God, why is he having someone greater than him? Can anybody be greater than God? Again in Mark 10:18, Jesus said to one man who called him good teacher as follows: “why do you call me good? NO ONE IS GOOD BUT ONE, THAT IS GOD”. If Jesus is God, why did he reject being called “good” and submit that all goodness belongs only to God? Furthermore, in John 14:1, Jesus said “let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me”. If Jesus is God, why did he clearly distinguish himself from God? Finally in Matthew 24:36, Jesus said; “But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but ONLY THE FATHER”. If Jesus is God, why did he confess his ignorance about the Day of Judgment and then submit that the knowledge of that day belongs only to God? Can God be ignorant of anything?
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by MrPresident1: 7:01pm On May 24, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
God Almighty declare: I, even, I am the Lord and beside me there is NO saviour(Isaiah 43:11) . Are you saying Jesus is God Almighty by asking me to accept him as my savior and not a prophet alone? If you say yes, then answer the following questions
“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent (John 17:3). Therefore, if the Father is the only true God according to Jesus Christ, then how could Jesus be God ? Similarly in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to have said “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to MY GOD and your God”. If Jesus is God according to the Christians, then can God have another God? Also Luke 6:12 recorded that Jesus went out to the mountainside to pray, and continued all night in PRAYER TO GOD. If Jesus is God, who was he praying to? Was he praying to himself or was God praying to God? Similarly, in John 14:28, Jesus said: “My Father is GREATER THAN I”. If Jesus is God, why is he having someone greater than him? Can anybody be greater than God? Again in Mark 10:18, Jesus said to one man who called him good teacher as follows: “why do you call me good? NO ONE IS GOOD BUT ONE, THAT IS GOD”. If Jesus is God, why did he reject being called “good” and submit that all goodness belongs only to God? Furthermore, in John 14:1, Jesus said “let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me”. If Jesus is God, why did he clearly distinguish himself from God? Finally in Matthew 24:36, Jesus said; “But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but ONLY THE FATHER”. If Jesus is God, why did he confess his ignorance about the Day of Judgment and then submit that the knowledge of that day belongs only to God? Can God be ignorant of anything?

My bro, do you know that Paul actually wrote the template for Islam?

Muslims have no reason to hate Paul, Paul is the one that brought all previous gentiles into the promise by showing us that this is God's plan from the beginning. The Old testament was for the Jews, and the ancient Israelites; they obeyed the Law of God.

By showing us that God's plan was for the redemption of all mankind right from the beginning, Paul laid the foundation for Islam.

I repeat, all the old testament patriarchs were followers of the law of God and were all Israelites and Jews.
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Yusuf54: 8:20pm On May 24, 2018
Originakalokalo:

You and whoever who created this text lack the understanding of the Bible.

The last statement read " See the foundation upon which Christianity is laid..

The foundation of Christianity is laid on Jesus and not on Paul...

The foundation of Christianity is laid on the birth, death and ressurection of Jesus...

Issues raised in the text are very easy to clarify.

Go and read the Bible very well and understand the content.
Who founded Christianity Religion ?
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Originakalokalo(m): 8:28pm On May 24, 2018
Yusuf54:
Who founded Christianity Religion ?

Jesus.

Not Paul.

Paul propagated it.

Paul is an apostle of Jesus,

I envy the grace he carried.
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Ken4Christ: 8:58pm On May 24, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:

The Father is God who is invisible and Jesus is the manifestation of the invisible God. In other words, Jesus is God in human flesh but still one with the Father. There are several verses that clearly refers to Jesus as God but he is not the Father. This truth cannot be analyzed with natural senses.

It's just like in a dream, you see yourself in strange places but you are still lying on your bed. It's beyond human comprehension. Just believe it, Jesus is the manifestation of God in the flesh. You can't are God. If you want to see him, look at Jesus.
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Yusuf54: 9:01pm On May 24, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Jesus.

Not Paul.

Paul propagated it.
Paul is an apostle of Jesus,

I envy the grace he carried.

Are U sure ?
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Ken4Christ: 9:07pm On May 24, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Several years after Jesus’ departure from the earth, a man known as Paul (also called Saul of Tarsus) who happened to be a great persecutor of Jesus’ disciples was walking with his two companions on a road outside Damascus to carry out more of his evil mission. In this spiritual state, Paul then saw a great light falling from heaven and heard a voice which said to him; ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting”. He believed this great light as true Jesus Christ (Acts 22:6-9). After some days, Paul started to be receiving some kind of special revelation (Galatians 1:12) from this great light that portrayed himself as Jesus Christ. Yet before his departure, Jesus forewarned the apostles as follows: Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying; I am the Christ; and shall deceive many (Matthew 24:4-5)…“Then if anyone says here is Christ or there, DO NOT BELIEVE IT. For false christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possiblye, even the elect. See, I have told you ahead of time. So if anyone tells you; Christ is out in the wilderness, do not go out; or Christ is in the inner rooms, DO NOT BELIEVE IT. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the son of Man. Wherever there is a carcass, then the vultures will gather(Matthew 24:23-28)”. In these verses, we are commanded by Jesus not to believe any account of a person who claims to have seen Jesus in a private manner prior to his universally-visible appearance to all . Jesus was telling us that his returning to earth again from heaven will be clear and unmistakable to everyone. Every eye from every point “east and west” will see him. The people would gather to see Jesus coming from the heaven just like vultures gather over the carcass. Hence, any private appearances of Jesus before this public appearance should be discarded .Therefore, if Jesus’ private appearance to Paul in form of “a great light falling from heaven” would be an exception to this great warning of not believing in private appearances of Christ, then Jesus should have foretold this exceptional event to the original apostles before he ascended to heaven. But Jesus did not foretell anything like that. Instead of pre-informing the original apostles that he would privately appear to someone like “LIGHTNING FROM HEAVEN” before his universally-visible appearance to all, Jesus only informed them as follows;“I saw Satan falling like LIGHTNING FROM HEAVEN (Luke10:18)”.See how all evidence is working seriously against Paul! But is it really reasonable to believe that it was Satan, and not Jesus, that revealed himself to Paul in form of lightning from heaven? Yes, it is not only reasonable but also probable because as at that time Paul was yet to repent from all the evil crimes he has committed against the true followers of Christ (Acts 9:1, 26:11). In fact, his spiritual condition was so bad(1st Timothy 1:13) for anyone to be sure that he possessed nothing of divine power and divine wisdom that could have protected him from such satanic delusion. If the great light that appear to Paul was true Jesus Christ, then one would expect Jesus to command him to repent immediately and secretly meet the original apostles of Jesus who were then living at Jerusalem. On the contrary, Paul even continued to boast and proclaimed that these original apostles of Jesus imparted nothing to him (Galatians 2:6). So Paul relied heavily on the special revelation he was receiving from his personal Jesus (Galatians 1:12). However, the fact that Paul contradicts true Jesus on many important issues is even enough to prove that the revelation he claimed to receive was from fake Jesus Christ. For example, God and Jesus forbid the believers from eating spiritually unclean foods and meat sacrificed to idols (Ezekiel 22:26, Revelation 2:14)but Paul wrote that there is nothing wrong in eating such things as long as you do not eat them in the presence of a weak believer(1st Corinthians 8:8-10, Colossians 2:16).Again, Jesus’ statement in Matthew 24:24 and Matthew 7:21-23 implies that; performing great signs and wonders in Jesus’ name are the things that would accompany the false christs and the false prophets. Yet Paul declare that performing great signs and wonders in Jesus’ name are the things that even commissioned him as true apostle of Jesus Christ (2nd Corinthians 12:12, Romans 15:19). Furthermore, Jesus said: Do NOT THINK I CAME TO DESTROY THE LAW or the (way of the) PROPHETS. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the LAW till ALL IS FULFILLED (Matthew 5:17-18). Yet Paul declares as follows: “Christ is the end of the Law (Romans 10:4). But BEFORE faith came, we were KEPT UNDER GUARD BY THE LAW, kept for the faith which after-ward would be revealed. Therefore, THE LAW WAS OUR TUTOR to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But AFTER faith has come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A TUTOR (Galatians 3:23-25).
Again, despite the fact that circumcision is an everlasting covenant of God for the Jews i:e the Israelites (Genesis 17:9-14) and Jesus himself was also circumcised (Luke 2:21); yet Paul went ahead to write as follows: “Indeed, I Paul say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. And I testify again to EVERY MAN who become circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. You have become estranged (i.e. cut off ) from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by the law; you have fallen from grace(Galatians 5:2-4)”. The term “EVERY MAN” used by Paul in the verse quoted above is indisputable evidence that he condemned the act of circumcision for both Jews and Gentiles. If this is not the case, then the Jewish believers in the Jerusalem would not bound themselves with oath that they will never eat nor drink until they kill Paul (Acts 23:12-14). In fact, this single fact alone that Paul condemn the act of circumcision, an EVERLASTING covenant of God, is another prove that “the great light from heaven” that appeared to Paul on his road to Damascus was a false Christ as already foretold by Jesus Christ during his earthly ministry.
Furthermore, Bible recorded that the number of Jesus apostles was somehow fixed to be twelve (Matthew 10:2-7, 19:28, Revelation 21:14). Therefore, when Judas Iscariot fell out and there was need for replacement and restoration of original twelve, then one would expect the divine plan to unfold in such a way that original apostles would be pre-informed by Jesus to exercise patience and wait till Paul repents. But instead of waiting for Paul, Matthias was chosen to replace Judas under the guidance of Holy Spirit (Acts 1:20-26). This proves again that apostleship of Paul was not even recognized in heaven. Yet Paul repeatedly called himself an apostle of true Jesus Christ at the beginning of most of his letters. The most astonishing part of Paul and his assertion of being among the apostle of Christ is that, unlike other writers, he almost never quotes Jesus in any of his letters. Yet this is expected from Paul if truly the light he saw falling from heaven was true Jesus Christ.
Paul was also caught lying red handed; he was accused of teaching all the Jews among the Gentiles to forsake circumcision and the Law of Moses (Acts 21:18-31). But instead of proving this accusation to be true or false when the King Agrippa asked him about that accusation, Paul now claimed that he was being accused for the hope of the promise made by God i.e. the resurrection of the dead (Acts 26:1-cool and for the fact that he advised people to repent and turn to God (Acts 26:19-21). There is nothing like “circumcision and the law of Moses” in the answers presented by Paul to the King. In fact, Paul himself admitted to be a liar when he said: “For if the truth of God has increased through MY LIE to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner (Romans 3:7)”.

Apostle Paul defended himself with wisdom. He didn't want to be confrotational about mentioning the law of Moses in his defense. If he had done so, he would have been mobbed to death instantly.

In addition, Paul never said he lied. He was just describing man in general.

Instead of looking for reasons to discredit the Bible, please give your life to Jesus and deliver yourself from God's wrath that will come upon the children of disobedience.

This is no other book on earth that is more credible than the Bible.
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Danny112: 9:13pm On May 24, 2018
my Muslim friend....i really understand why you think Christianity isn't the true religion.
I pray that God open your eyes to his love in Christ.
But u are completely wrong. Christians were first called Christians at Antioch act 11, The early church was built upon the teachings of the apostles with Christ being the chief corner stone Ephesians 2, Paul's calling was affirmed through Luke's writings not paul's, the fact that Christ fulfilled the law of ordinances was attested to by all gospel writters not just Paul.
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by plainbibletruth: 11:07pm On May 24, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Can God be ignorant of anything?
Have you understood the clarifications on your previous misunderstandings or are only just interested in asking questions and not learning?

Remember that the quran asked you guys to refer to us Christians for clarification. So, seek to learn.
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On May 30, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:
■ Several years after Jesus’ departure from the earth, a man known as Paul (also called Saul of Tarsus) who happened to be a great persecutor of Jesus’ disciples was walking with his two companions on a road outside Damascus to carry out more of his evil mission. In this spiritual state, Paul then saw a great light falling from heaven and heard a voice which said to him; ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting”. He believed this great light as true Jesus Christ (Acts 22:6-9).
1. YHWH Himself made Paul's vision, along with that of every young man of that time, possible.

In His Old Law, YHWH, in agreement with the people who demanded He sent them prophets rather than speak directly to them, YHWH revealed He would send His message through HIs prophets.
5 The Lord came down in the tall cloud and stood at the entrance to the Tent. He called out, “Aaron and Miriam!” They went to him.
6 God said, “Listen to me! You will have prophets. I, the Lord, will let them learn about me through visions. I will speak to them in dreams.
7 But Moses is not like that. He is my faithful servant—I trust him with everyone in my house.
8 When I speak to him, I talk face-to-face with him. I don’t use stories with hidden meanings—I show him clearly what I want him to know. And Moses can look at the very image of the Lord. So why were you brave enough to speak against my servant Moses?” - Numbers 12 vs 5 - 8
In the passage above, He explained that He would communicate via dreams and visions to said prophets who would then relay the messages to the people.

Later, God decided that right before the last days of the Nation of Judah— final judgment of Israel and sealing of His Old Covenant — prophets and visions included —, God decided He would communicate directly to everyone in the Land before His judgment descended on the land. undecided
28 “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions.
29 Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit.
30 “And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.
32 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the Lord has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the Lord calls. - Joel 2 vs 28 - 32
So, fast forward, to the last days of the Nation of Judah. First, came John the Baptist as prophesied by the Prophets, then came Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ then announced that indeed, the end was already around the corner for Jerusalem. Jesus Christ also announced that indeed of all those born from the womb, John the Baptist was the greatest prophet— the last of those sent from God to the people. Jesus is the Truth of God so, what He says is the Truth — no questions. So, after Jesus Christ left, about 50 days later, Pentecost happened, ushering in the time prophesied by the Prophet Joel - Acts 2.

Now, Saul, a murderous Old Covenant religious man who knew nothing about Jesus Christ except that He, Jesus Christ, was a blasphemer that was rightly killed, being a son of Israel was also able to see visions. He previously had no business whatsoever seeing visions but remember, on the day of Pentecost, the disciples of Jesus had announced that the time prophesied by the Prophet Joel had finally arrived. And it is for that reason that the murderous sinner Saul — on his way to commit yet another murder — was able to have a vision as a Prophet of Old would through which God directly communicated with Him(see Numbers 12 vs 6 above). undecided

P.S. Important to note is that Saul was not born-again at the time of the encounter and as such, his encounter had more to do with the fact that God had promised to reveal Himself to all in the land before the end.
Re: Paul: The Apostle Of Christ Or The Enemy Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On May 30, 2023
Abdulgaffar22:
■ After some days, Paul started to be receiving some kind of special revelation (Galatians 1:12) from this great light that portrayed himself as Jesus Christ. Yet before his departure, Jesus forewarned the apostles as follows: Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying; I am the Christ; and shall deceive many (Matthew 24:4-5)…“Then if anyone says here is Christ or there, DO NOT BELIEVE IT. For false christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possiblye, even the elect. See, I have told you ahead of time. So if anyone tells you; Christ is out in the wilderness, do not go out; or Christ is in the inner rooms, DO NOT BELIEVE IT. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the son of Man. Wherever there is a carcass, then the vultures will gather(Matthew 24:23-28)”. In these verses, we are commanded by Jesus not to believe any account of a person who claims to have seen Jesus in a private manner prior to his universally-visible appearance to all . Jesus was telling us that his returning to earth again from heaven will be clear and unmistakable to everyone. Every eye from every point “east and west” will see him. The people would gather to see Jesus coming from the heaven just like vultures gather over the carcass. Hence, any private appearances of Jesus before this public appearance should be discarded .Therefore, if Jesus’ private appearance to Paul in form of “a great light falling from heaven” would be an exception to this great warning of not believing in private appearances of Christ, then Jesus should have foretold this exceptional event to the original apostles before he ascended to heaven.
So, with the knowledge that it was God Himself, and not Jesus Christ, that gave Saul that vision, maybe you can then see why Paul felt the need to point this out in His letter to the Galatians.
11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel.
12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
13 For you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God violently and tried to destroy it.
14 And I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people, so extremely zealous was I for the traditions of my fathers.
15 But when he who had set me apart before I was born,[d] and who called me by his grace,
16 was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone;
17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and remained with him fifteen days.
19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord's brother.
20 (In what I am writing to you, before God, I do not lie!)
21 Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
22 And I was still unknown in person to the churches of Judea that are in Christ.
23 They only were hearing it said, “He who used to persecute us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.”
24 And they glorified God because of me. - Galatians 1 vs 11 - 24
Paul was not the only one who received a vision from God. According to Prophet Joel, the young men of the land — the majority of them sinners about to be judged and condemned by God — also saw visions. Paul may be one of the few who not only responded positively to the vision he received from the father — not Jesus Christ — and wrote about it or we at least have a record of it. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Are Modern Day Women Virtuous Women By Proverbs 31 ? / What You Need To Know About The Rising One World Government/Religion / Godly Freedom Vs satanic freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.