Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Why Do People Try To Impose Their Beliefs On Others? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Try To Impose Their Beliefs On Others? (5174 Views)

When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / Hilarious Image That Made Many Changed Their Beliefs On Facebook (pics) / Photo : Why Do People Try To Force Religion Onto Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Try To Impose Their Beliefs On Others? by thehomer: 10:56pm On May 31, 2010
KunleOshob:

That "looney" Richard Dawkins is always preaching atheism at any opportunity he gets. I actually watched a programme on on discovery channel were he was preahing atheism to some school children under the guise of "evolution"

I still don't understand why religious people hate Dawkins so much. His approach is actually gentler than that of some religious folks. I still wonder if it is because of how popular his books have become. The way I see it, Dawkins has simply chosen to be outspoken unlike many atheists.

Also, atheism is not evolution. Add that to the loads of evidence supporting evolution as against e.g creationism.
Re: Why Do People Try To Impose Their Beliefs On Others? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2010
wirinet:

Please show me an atheist post soliciting for converts to atheism. What will he promise converts, prosperity? heaven or any special privileges?. As as said most atheists are reactive to denigration and ridicule by religious people. Some get overly aggressive.    

And when u were shown, posts of some preaching atheists u post below
wirinet:

Viaro, own own dear Aristotle, i commend you for raising to to challenge and presenting proof of atheist activism.

But you must agree that out of all the tens of atheist and thousands of atheist posts, only very few attempt to convert others. In fact majority discourages evangelism, it is my believe that a person believes according to his needs, understanding and exposure, and as the saying goes, you will have to seek ask before you can find.

Even though you will agree that Huxleys approach is an exception to the rule, he cannot be said to be impulsive and imposing in his approach. He advocates for the subtle approach. Not the aggressive and sometime violent approach employed by Christians and Muslims.

Of course the above applies to everybody to some extent,

whereas u were alleging that no atheist could have done that grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Try To Impose Their Beliefs On Others? by Horus(m): 12:45am On Aug 12, 2010
If one has to believe, it means he or she does not know, and if one does not know, that is ignorance. Hence, belief is ignorance and religious belief without the facts is ignorance; So demand that anyone attempting to impose on you their religious beliefs, they are to produce facts. The most deceptive word in religion is the word "believe" or "belief", Because a person can believe anything and this means that a person can believe, And be 100% wrong But knowledge is knowing and knowledge is correct information. "To know" gives one confidence, but belief infers doubt.
Re: Why Do People Try To Impose Their Beliefs On Others? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2010
^ Same applies to those that [size=30pt]believe[/size] that theres no God
Re: Why Do People Try To Impose Their Beliefs On Others? by cleod: 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2010
Preaching and teaching is an assignment christ gave his followers when he left what is left is for you is to read your bible and sincerely ask God for direction which he will not fail to provide.
Re: Why Do People Try To Impose Their Beliefs On Others? by kolaoloye(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2010
IGNORANCE
The Quran says in Surah Ya'asin that you cannot change no one.
Also check the Bible, except those that have been elected it is impossible.
There is no point in trying to impose your religion on a fellow member except
the person doesn't know what he or she believes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Doro? Who Is Doro? / It Is Unscientific To Deny The Supernatural. / Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.