Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) (5183 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by cyrexx: 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
I submit to you that each and everyone of us are atheists. Yes, its true and I will show you.

I just believe in ONLY ONE LESS GOD than you do. We both disbelieved the same number of many other Gods, I only exceeded you by just a single one of them. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible Gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

There are literally thousands of religions being practiced today. Here are 20 of the most popular, along with an estimate of the number of followers:

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.3 billion
African Indigenous Religion: 100 million
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 15 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 7 million
Jainism: 4.2 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 4 million
Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
Tenrikyo: 2 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
Scientology: 500 thousand

[Source: Encyclopedia Britannica]

If you believe in the Christian God, otherwise known as Yahweh, you have chosen to reject Islamic Allah, Indian Vishnu, Yoruba's Orunmila and all of the thousands of other gods that other people worship today. It is quite likely that you rejected these other gods without ever looking into their religions or reading their books. You simply absorbed the dominant faith in your home or in the society you grew up in.

In the same way, the followers of all these other religions have chosen to reject Yahweh. You think their gods are imaginary, and they think your God is imaginary, hence we are both atheists in one way or another.

In other words, each religious person on earth today arbitrarily rejects thousands of gods as imaginary, many of which he/she has never even heard of, and arbitrarily chooses to "believe" in one of them.

A rational person rejects all human gods equally, because all of them are equally imaginary. How do we know that they are imaginary? Simply imagine that one of them is real. If one of these thousands of gods were actually real, then his followers would be experiencing real, undeniable benefits. These benefits would be obvious to everyone. The followers of a true god would pray, and their prayers would be answered. The followers of a true god would therefore live longer, have fewer diseases, have lots more money, etc. There would be thousands of statistical markers surrounding the followers of a true god.

Everyone would notice all of these benefits, and they would gravitate toward this true god. And thus, over the course of several centuries, everyone would be aligned on the one true god. All the other false gods would have fallen by the wayside long ago, and there would be only one religion under the one true god.

[size=14pt]Besides, a true Almighty God would easily prevent his identity theft and wont have to torture his own creature in eternal hell simply for the crime of not believing a confusion he did not prevent[/size]

When we look at our world today, we see nothing like that. There are two billion Christians AND there are more than one billion Muslims, and their religions are mutually exclusive i.e. it is not possible for Yahweh and Allah to be the Almighty God at the same time, hence in Islamic worldview Christians are doomed to eternal hell and in Christian's worldview, Muslims are doomed to eternal hell.

There are thousands of other religions. When you analyse any of them, they all show a remarkable similarity -- there is zero evidence that any of these gods exist. That is how we know that[b] they are all imaginary.[/b]

But you will frequently hear believers make the following rationalization:

Suppose you are right. Suppose there is no God. Then when I die as a believer, I have lost nothing. I just die, as a man that devoted his life to love and morals. But if you, as a non-believer, are wrong and I am right, you have to spend an eternity in hell. See, I have nothing to lose, but you have everything to lose.

The problem with this line of reasoning is that there are thousands of gods that humans have imagined. A person who believes in Allah can make this statement, and so can a person who believes in Yahweh, and so can a person who believes in Indian Vishnu.

The fact is that religion is a form of delusion. By believing in an imaginary god, you have not "lost nothing." What you have done is commited yourself to a lifetime of delusion, instead of commiting your life to reality. Non-believers live moral and loving lives without having to resort to delusion.

[size=14pt]The fact that there are so many Gods of several world religions practiced by millions of faithful adherents proves that all of these gods are imaginary. If there actually were an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving "God" in any form, that would be obvious to everyone and we would all align on him without any confusion. His existence would be undeniable and impossible to hide.[/size]

http://godisimaginary.com/i28.htm

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by Ptolomeus(m): 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hello dear friend.
My comment does not contradict him.
But ... if indeed there was a god, and each of these cults that god was interpreted in different ways?
If each of these cults were a way to interpret the liturgy?
I believe that in addition to his opinion, this may be valid.
Or not?
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by tobechi74: 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
D title of this essay should be WHAT ATHEIST AND OTHER RELIGION HAVE IN COMMON
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by truthislight: 1:23am On Jul 06, 2012
@ op

ma man cyrexx,
i still call u ma man though i dont know if u still apreciate it or not.

However, i will start by quoting 1cor 8:5
" for even though there are those who are called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many gods and many lords"

so, there are many, so many gods.

From ur sumission u are of the opinion that all this 20 religion are after the same god in there on way,
as such with the inherent disagreement and contradiction they can not all be right, meaning that each is wrong to the other persons view.

So, then,
from ur world view u are making a foundamentally wrong assumption considering the 1cor 8:5 i just quoted.

The truth is that each an every religion has it own god, and is out to defend and expose the stand of its own distinct god.
Micah 4:5

so, mr A has nothing to do with denying the existance of the other persons god but rather, he tries to project his own god.

Ur idea that they are all groping for the same god is the foundamental error with ur world view.

The issue on planate earth today, and always is this, who is the most high God?
In effect, who is the true God?

Each religion can only say theirs is the true God or most powerful.

The concern u have as a mortal is not the same as that of the Gods, since they dont have time constrain as mortals.
Mortals worry about limited time they have to harness gold while the gods dont have such worry, cus they know (eg, bill Gate will eventually die and relinguish the custody of the gold) mortals wount last long.

So, this is far from imaginary, if u thing it is, go take an oath in most of this gods temple u describe as imaginary and u will see what happend, just dont be on the wrong, i tell u, naira land will miss u for good.

So, ma man, the contention now is on which is the almighty God that has the legal right to Rule the univers, since that has been brought into question, and whose side of all this gods will u stand?

So, there are many gods and not one,
that A does not accept B, does not mean that B's gods does not exist or that it is imaginary
That B's god is not as powerfu as A's God does not mean that there was no god there.
If all this religion was for same god then ur sumision will have been right spot on.
Peace bro.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by InesQor(m): 1:49am On Jul 06, 2012
cyrexx:
I submit to you that each and everyone of us are atheists. Yes, its true and I will show you.

I just believe in ONLY ONE LESS GOD than you do. We both disbelieved the same number of many other Gods, I only exceeded you by just a single one of them. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible Gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

This is like saying:

We're all homeless; a tramp only has one less house than you do.

Does this make sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by cyrexx: 5:42am On Jul 06, 2012
@ truthislight,
of course, my guy, i appreciate you a lot and i will call you ma man too.
the fact that i do not agree with your worldview, just like you did not agree with mine, does not mean i do not appreciate you or your post.
i am yet to see an external proof that the bible is the word of god, that is is why i could not comment on your statement.

its like we are on two different planets. i base my reality on REASON and RATIONAL THINKING, while you base your reality on RELIGION and BIBLE.
but you still have my respects, at least you know the bible more than many other christians.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by cyrexx: 6:01am On Jul 06, 2012
@InesQor,
hmmm,

my post still makes perfect sense

but i cannot say the same for your logic of comparing a house to a deity.
your logic has several flaws, which i will point out now:

1. Many people on earth can have their own individual house and co-exist peacefully and each cannot be wrong with respect to another person's house but if, for instance, you have Yahweh as god and I have Allah as god, then definitely one of us is WRONG as those two gods cannot co-exist an the true god.

2. There is no eternal punishment waiting for me if i live in a different house that you do, but i know you will tell me that eternal hell is waiting for me if i do not believe in the same God that you do. so you see why your comparison is wrong.

3. by your logic, you implied atheists are comparable to a homeless tramp. this is fallacious because in the real world, an atheist is NOT LESS ADVANTAGED than the theists in any real sense of the word. There is nothing that religionists have and that atheists don't have even a better equivalent.
infact on an objective global scale less religious countries like England, Japan, Denmark and Sweden are more developed than most other highly religious countries.
Nigeria is very religious and still very corrupt. what does that tell you, who is more advantaged?
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by Enigma(m): 6:18am On Jul 06, 2012
InesQor:

This is like saying:

We're all homeless; a tramp only has one less house than you do.

Does this make sense to you?

Inesqor, how bodi now?

I quite like this your refutation of that old/tiresome evangelical atheist saw that I will take the liberty of including it on that "30 Keys" thread. smiley

An aside: I find it quite fishy that a "new" Nairaland poster within about three weeks of registering the new ID goes from "agnostic Christian" to "freethinker" and to full blown militant atheist. Intriguing. smiley

Actually, another case is that of a poster I encountered and took notice of for the first time only very recently who claims to be a Christian but seems to have always argued the atheists' case - initially with some subtlety but in recent times (and by the time of my encounter with him) basically overtly. All quite interesting. smiley

cool
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by InesQor(m): 7:04am On Jul 06, 2012
@Enigma:

Lol my brother body dey clothe o cheesy

Chei na wa. So so transformation within days? And so so hidden agenda grin

Na wa
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by InesQor(m): 7:08am On Jul 06, 2012
Hey Cyrexx

All your responses are skirting in the face of my refutation.

Forget all the Yahweh, Allah, eternal punishments and societal condition slabber.

This is NOT the case in point. Please stay on the topic. i.e. "Why we are all Atheists". And consider my refutation of your flawed logic.

P.S. If what you can gather from my refutation is that Atheists "are like homeless tramps" or "are societally or economically disadvantaged", then it is a pity that your comprehension has really failed in this case.

cyrexx: @InesQor,
hmmm,

my post still makes perfect sense

but i cannot say the same for your logic of comparing a house to a deity.
your logic has several flaws, which i will point out now:

1. Many people on earth can have their own individual house and co-exist peacefully and each cannot be wrong with respect to another person's house but if, for instance, you have Yahweh as god and I have Allah as god, then definitely one of us is WRONG as those two gods cannot co-exist an the true god.

2. There is no eternal punishment waiting for me if i live in a different house that you do, but i know you will tell me that eternal hell is waiting for me if i do not believe in the same God that you do. so you see why your comparison is wrong.

3. by your logic, you implied atheists are comparable to a homeless tramp. this is fallacious because in the real world, an atheist is NOT LESS ADVANTAGED than the theists in any real sense of the word. There is nothing that religionists have and that atheists don't have even a better equivalent.
infact on an objective global scale less religious countries like England, Japan, Denmark and Sweden are more developed than most other highly religious countries.
Nigeria is very religious and still very corrupt. what does that tell you, who is more advantaged?
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by cyrexx: 7:25am On Jul 06, 2012
^^
LOL,
i choose that headline purposely to make an impression.
Of course, i know that atheists are not christians and vice versa.

I am only showing you why christian's rejection of other faiths and religions is so similar and equivalent to atheist's rejection of the christian faith and religions in general.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by dekung(m): 7:42am On Jul 06, 2012
The philosophy of Atheism represents a concept of life without any metaphysical Beyond or Divine Regulator. It is the concept of an actual, real world with its liberating, expanding and beautifying possibilities, as against an unreal world, which, with its spirits, oracles, and mean contentment has kept humanity in helpless degradation.”
― Emma Goldman, Anarchism and Other Essays

Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by tobechi74: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2012
Poster, your post contradict the law of thought-the law of contradiction states that a statement can't contradict itself.

Atheist are non -God belivers

other religion(theist)-God believers

d two statements contradict each other and hence can not be equal to each other even with a thousand reasons.
RELIGION CANT BE EQUAL TO ATHEISM

You first need to redefine each identity so they dont contradict themselves before equating. By doing this, u wont contradict the 3 law of thought-identity, excluded middle,non contradiction.
E.g

Religion believe in God
Atheist believe in science

REASON WHY RELIGION ARE ATHEIST.

By doing this, u are telling us what belief in God and science have in common
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by DeepSight(m): 10:35am On Jul 06, 2012
cyrexx: I submit to you that each and everyone of us are atheists. Yes, its true and I will show you.

I just believe in ONLY ONE LESS GOD than you do. We both disbelieved the same number of many other Gods, I only exceeded you by just a single one of them.

Well I score you zero out of a hundred for the simple reason that atheism is defined as a disbelief in the existence of ANY and ALL GODS OR GOD.

As such, any person who believes in any god or GOD at all is not an atheist.

Frankly I had grown accustomed to higher quality posts from you than this one.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by logicboy01: 10:51am On Jul 06, 2012
Deep Sight:

Well I score you zero out of a hundred for the simple reason that atheism is defined as a disbelief in the existence of ANY and ALL GODS OR GOD.

As such, any person who believes in any god or GOD at all is not an atheist.

Frankly I had grown accustomed to higher quality posts from you than this one.

Epic fail.

Christians are technically atheist. Yes such an argument can be made. Christians are naturally theists as they have their own God but they are atheists towards other gods like thor, odin, zeus, allah etc.

Think outside the box for once.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by DeepSight(m): 11:00am On Jul 06, 2012
logicboy01:

Epic fail.

Christians are technically atheist.

And you are technically illiterate.

You add to the list of your illiterate statements: such as your statement that Israel is in Europe.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by cyrexx: 11:00am On Jul 06, 2012
@tobechi and
@ deepsight
you still dont get it

cyrexx: ^^
LOL,
i choose that headline purposely to make an impression.
Of course, i know that atheists are not christians and vice versa.

I am only showing you why christian's rejection of other faiths and religions is so similar and equivalent to atheist's rejection of the christian faith and religions in general.

my post is clearly self explanatory of exactly what i meant.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by truthislight: 11:06am On Jul 06, 2012
@cyrexx
bro, have u ever considered bibles's prophercies and there fulfilment?

A trial wil be an interesting experience.

It is not for nothing that the BIBLE is over 3500yrs old.
And still remain the best seller till date,

befor taking the bible seriousl i was fill with Q as to why the bible will limit sex to only marriage?

Though i did not quite fancy it i realize that this standerds are not made to meet human fancy but are fail prove.

Consider, if sex was limited to one man one woman there would be no spread of HIV, even though it was injected into some one it will not spread cus the two partners will simply die with it while the rest of humanity remain safe.
The laws of the bible are all similar to this,
fail prove. Year in year out. No side effect.

This standerds dont yeal to human rationale at all,
that is why after 3500yrs it is still standing tall. And a perfect yerdstick.

Other authorities expires like text books,

also, the prophercies are seriouse maters.
They are accurate.

Just dont let ur former experience of saying yes to a pastor without reasonable reason prevent u from scrutinising the bible again.
Peace bro.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by logicboy01: 11:08am On Jul 06, 2012
Deep Sight:

And you are technically illiterate.

You add to the list of your illiterate statements: such as your statement that Israel is in Europe.

lolololololololol. Strawman alert. Why are you mentioning Isreal? Why cant you refute the point I made that; christians are atheists towards other Gods like thor , Allah or Zeus?

For your information, Isreal is politically in Europe. You wouldnt know that being who you are. A willfully ignorant person
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by caezar: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2012
cyrexx:

cyrexx:
If you believe in the Christian God, otherwise known as Yahweh, you have chosen to reject Islamic Allah, Indian Vishnu, Yoruba's Orunmila and all of the thousands of other gods that other people worship today. It is quite likely that you rejected these other gods without ever looking into their religions or reading their books. You simply absorbed the dominant faith in your home or in the society you grew up in.

In the same way, the followers of all these other religions have chosen to reject Yahweh. You think their gods are imaginary, and they think your God is imaginary, hence we are both atheists in one way or another.

In other words, each religious person on earth today arbitrarily rejects thousands of gods as imaginary, many of which he/she has never even heard of, and arbitrarily chooses to "believe" in one of them.

Dude! I think you're confusing Faith and Religious doctrine. They are two different things.

For instance, the God of Christianity, Islam and Judaism is one and the same. However, our faiths are all completely different because they are founded on three very different religious doctrines. For instance, Jesus vs Mohammed vs the yet to come Messiah. Or turn the other cheek vs. Holy Jihad. The fact that I have no faith in Islam (I am Christian) does not mean I do not believe the God they [b]mean [/b]to worship does not exist - only that they do not do so correctly.

Besides, as Deep Sight has noted, once there is belief in one God or gods, a person crosses over from atheism to theism. There is no such thing as believing in all the gods of all religions that exist or existed - that is not theism. That is probably closer to atheism than anything else.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by DeepSight(m): 11:11am On Jul 06, 2012
cyrexx: @tobechi and
@ deepsight
you still dont get it

my post is clearly self explanatory of exactly what i meant.

O, i get that, I have argued same many times: that there is just enough reason to reject say, Yahweh, as there is to reject Allah.

However the banner which says that we are all atheists for disbelieving in other gods is simply a falsity. If you did not mean it, others, such as logicboy, have taken it seriously. Which is just d.aft.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by DeepSight(m): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2012
logicboy01:

lolololololololol. Strawman alert. Why are you mentioning Isreal? Why cant you refute the point I made that; christians are atheists towards other Gods like thor , Allah or Zeus?

Please school up.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist. Atheism is contrasted with theism, which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

I never thought the day would come when I would have to post something so elementary.

Upon your arrival on this forum, I warned you to pause, slow down and think before posting. I warned you that unnecessary exuberance will lead to st[b]u[/b]pidity. This has come to pass.

O, and please, in case you don't get the import of the text in red above, please focus on the underlined and bolded words. I needed to highlight them for you, otherwise they would surely have escaped you.

For your information, Isreal is politically in Europe. You wouldnt know that being who you are. A willfully ignorant person

Okay? Such as being a member of the European Union? Is Israel a member of the European Union? That would be politically being in Europe no?

Rather than look to that, you made your argument from the champions league and trade agreements. Do you know how many trade agreements and even immigration agreements Morocco has with Europe? Morocco even once applied to join the E.U. Is Morocco in Europe?

Olodo.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by tobechi74: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2012
Cyrex, i got it.

I hav been wandering.

May be every religion serve one God. But in diffrent ways.due to diffrent messangers with diffrent intepretation.
MAY BE

ALLAH = GOD
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by logicboy01: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2012
I actually like you Deepsight! You hardly back down from arguments and this makes my intellectual pwnage of you even more worth it. grin

Deep Sight:

Please school up.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist. Atheism is contrasted with theism, which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

I never thought the day would come when I would have to post something so elementary.

Upon your arrival on this forum, I warned you to pause, slow down and think before posting. I warned you that unnecessary exuberance will lead to st[b]u[/b]pidity. These have come to pass.

O, and please, in case you don't get the import of the text in red above, please focus on the underlined and bolded words. I needed to highlight them for you, otherwise they would surely have escaped you.

We both know what atheism means. You are trying your best to avoid a fact. [size=18pt]Answer the question; Are achristians not atheists towards other Gods like Zeus, Thor, Allah or Shiva? Yes or No [/size]

Deep Sight:
Okay? Such as being a member of the European Union? Is Israel a member of the European Union? That would be politically being in Europe no?

Rather than look to that, you made your argument from the champions league and trade agreements. Do you know how many trade agreements and even immigration agreements Morocco has with Europe? Morocco even once applied to join the E.U. Is Morocco in Europe?

Olodo.

Ode. You keep debunking yourself;
1) Russia is not in the European union neither is Turkey or Macedonia
2) Not all European countries are in the EU
3) Morrocans need visa to be in the EU.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by logicboy01: 11:48am On Jul 06, 2012
tobechi74: Cyrex, i got it.

I hav been wandering.

May be every religion serve one God. But in diffrent ways.due to diffrent messangers with diffrent intepretation.
MAY BE

ALLAH = GOD

Then what about satanists? Satan = God?
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by DeepSight(m): 11:52am On Jul 06, 2012
logicboy01:
I actually like you Deepsight! You hardly back down from arguments and this makes my intellectual pwnage of you even more worth it. grin

We both know what atheism means. You are trying your best to avoid a fact. [size=18pt]Answer the question; Are achristians not atheists towards other Gods like Zeus, Thor, Allah or Shiva? Yes or No [/size]

*Sigh* He still missed the bolded AND underlined words, which were bolded and underlined just to help him.

Ode. You keep debunking yourself;
1) Russia is not in the European union neither is Turkey or Macedonia
2) Not all European countries are in the EU
3) Morrocans need visa to be in the EU.

How does all of this put Israel in Europe?

YOU were the one you said Israel is in Europe. In the thread where you said it, it was glaring you actually thougyt it was in Europe. When other posters corrected you, you tried to duck by saying its "politically" in Europe. Now, I am asking you - what does it mean to be politically in Europe? E.U membership would rank as central, no?

Can you please show me in what respect Israel is in Europe, and exactly why so?

I cant even believe I am having this conversation.

You are a comic.

And I must be a jobless man.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by logicboy01: 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
Deep Sight:

*Sigh* He still missed the bolded AND underlined words, which were bolded and underlined just to help him.

Stop shifting the argument. I made an argument that christians are technically atheists because they are atheists towards other Gods. You called me an illiterate for the argument. Are you taking your words (illiterate) back or is my argument correct?

Are christains not atheists towards other Gods?

Deep Sight:
How does all of this put Israel in Europe?

YOU were the one you said Israel is in Europe. In the thread where you said it, it was glaring you actually thougyt it was in Europe. When other posters corrected you, you tried to duck by saying its "politically" in Europe. Now, I am asking you - what does it mean to be politically in Europe? E.U membership would rank as central, no?

Can you please show me in what respect Israel is in Europe, and exactly why so?

I cant even believe I am having this conversation.

You are a comic.

And I must be a jobless man.

First of all, you showed your ignorance about the EU when mentioning Morroco (and it's imaginary EU immigration treaties) and also overstating the significance of EU membership of European countries.

Isreal is politically in Europe. Isreal takes part in European champions league and has so many trade agreements with Europe, that it is seen as a politcally in Europe.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by logicboy01: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
[size=14pt]Cyrexx, are you entertained?? grin grin grin

This is how you debunk the religious/spiritual peeps. Such arguments can never last long with me. The hammer of logic will always quickly shatter faith/religious arguments[/size]
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by MrAnony1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
@Cyrexx, No offence intended but this is by far the silliest argument I have known you to come up with. It is similar to saying something like this:

"We are all na[i]k[/i]ed. I am na[i]k[/i]ed but if you are wearing a red shirt then you are also na[i]k[/i]ed to blue, yellow, green and every other shirt, I am only wearing one less shirt than you." This is not a sensible argument, It is either you are clothed or you are naked.

Please stop pushing this, it is not painting you in a good light at all.

logicboy01: Cyrexx, are you entertained?? grin grin grin
This is how you debunk the religious/spiritual peeps. Such arguments can never last long with me. The hammer of logic will always quickly shatter faith/religious arguments
Lol, You really are entertaining indeed. The day you start using logic, then I will start taking you seriously. At the moment, you are as far from logic as anyone can possibly be. Your username is an amusing misnomer
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by cyrexx: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
@Mr Anony,

no need to use such language on me.

just highlight the errors in my post if there is any.

should i take it that you prefer to attack the person of the post when you cannot successfully prove wrong the logic in the post

when has wearing clothes been comparable to rejection or acceptance of a religion. what are the eternal punishment for wearing different colour of clothes. explain further if you think your logical reasoning is sound in this case

i refuse to take offence at your personal attack but can you please attack my posts and not my person.
Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by cyrexx: 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
caezar:

the God of Christianity, Islam and Judaism is one and the same. However, our faiths are all completely different because they are founded on three very different religious doctrines.

and you think the same God has a son (christianity) and still have no son (Islam)
or orders his followers to kill infidels who are also followers of him
or He is trinity and not a trinity
or can only save thru Christ and at the same time can only save thru Islam

are you saying those two concepts are pointing to the same God?

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) by MacDaddy01: 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
Mr_Anony: @Cyrexx, No offence intended but this is by far the silliest argument I have known you to come up with. It is similar to saying something like this:

"We are all na[i]k[/i]ed. I am na[i]k[/i]ed but if you are wearing a red shirt then you are also na[i]k[/i]ed to blue, yellow, green and every other shirt, I am only wearing one less shirt than you." This is not a sensible argument, It is either you are clothed or you are naked.

Please stop pushing this, it is not painting you in a good light at all.

I actually like you too. You make good points when arguing. However, I think your analogy doesnt fit with the issue. The atheists is saying that the theist doesnt believe in other gods for the same reason the atheist doesnt believe in the theist's god. A nudist man doesnt wear clothes because he dislikes conformity. A man wearing black doesnt wear green out of choice.

A better analogy is; a Teetotaler (one who doesnt drink) telling an alcholic that the alcoholic doesnt take other recreational drugs for the same teason the teetotaler doesnt drink alcohol.

Mr_Anony:
Lol, You really are entertaining indeed. The day you start using logic, then I will start taking you seriously. At the moment, you are as far from logic as anyone can possibly be. Your username is an amusing misnomer

Ad hominem much?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? / Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? / "If A Wife Stays On Top During Sex, She'll Go To Hell" - Nigerian Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.