Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria (6520 Views)

BREAKING: Federal Government Stops Buhari’s Private Jet / BREAKING: Nigeria Government Stops Buhari’s Private Jet / Likely Restrictions On G.S.M Calls, And Text Messages - Federal Government! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Hadone(m): 2:08pm On May 27, 2010
[size=18pt]I uses both Zain and MTN. They're all greedy and do all it take to ensure that they defraud their customers in the name of a stupid so called N2m promo. But above all Zain is not an ordinary scammer in this regard. Zain has proved to be a super scammer!! Can you imagine that it reach an extent where Zain was even calling & sending congratulatory SMS over whan you can never win, just to defraud you by all means. I even called their customer care during the afternoon hours of Monday 24th May, 2010 warning them to never send me an SMS or call me regarding any promo again. The worst part of it is that real scammers and yahoo boyz are now taking advantage of it and are currently defrauding innocent people.[/size]
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by kibra4u(m): 2:23pm On May 27, 2010
Bunch of thieves.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Kx: 2:26pm On May 27, 2010
Mobile thieves in Nigeria (MTN), thats a nice one.

Just wondering though,
If Yaradua was still there,if Ndukwe was still there, would they have banned this mobile theft?
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by tkb417(m): 2:27pm On May 27, 2010
1.44pm Lagos time, i got a text from MTN on the lottery June 2010 shictzo

e be like say i go report them o
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by naso2(m): 2:40pm On May 27, 2010
Are we sure of this? I got a 2010 message around 1pm today again o.

Infact these operators are shameless if they have to wait for Fg ban to realise how silly they have been. Expecially MTN wey use profit wey dem make for naija dey host world cup, dem still dey runs men to get more money. lottery ko, baba ijebu ni.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Graphical(f): 2:44pm On May 27, 2010
Has it been banned or its going to be banned?

I just checked my balance and the response, apart from the balance is "Send win to 222 for a chance to win N2m" undecided

Is this not what they are supposed to ban?
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by bisiaet: 2:45pm On May 27, 2010
This is outrageous> If not what Nigeria government are all about if it were to be in the west they most of this telephone company will have get to trouble because they have gone overboard and a completely scammers and a scammers promotersthat what I will call them especially these two telephone companies(MTN AND Zain.)
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by exago(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2010
supposed to have stopped this
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by sayso: 3:11pm On May 27, 2010
go further to reduce the tariffs of these companies.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by oluite(f): 3:14pm On May 27, 2010
no wonder, avnt received their sms;they use to disturb pple with even at odd hours,
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 3:43pm On May 27, 2010
Make we all admit say na we be the mumu and them emptyN be the winner.

we have been dupped one way or the other through this their emptyNess promo, but still whenever dem com up with

another system, we all go play again, while we all know say na fraud . . . y we know wan get sence for good god sake?

make we leave dem with dia promo, make the petronisation only be the recharge card wey we dey by from dem.

na make una see how dem dey call nnaija pipu mumu. dey came to nigeria, made their money and went to ghana to

build their headquarter's office over there. is that not enough for we to learn from? and to know how wicked they are?

ABEG MAKE WE WAKE UP OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shocked shocked shocked . . . I don talk my mind!
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by thosinebro: 3:49pm On May 27, 2010
Peter Igho is a very good friend of Mtn. How do you think this can be eradicated if he is the Lottery Commision boss? For your info, i just got one of their 419 message. It is still on!
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Akanbiedu(m): 5:10pm On May 27, 2010
Kx:

Mobile thieves in Nigeria (MTN), thats a nice one.

Just wondering though,
If Yaradua was still there,if Ndukwe was still there, would they have banned this mobile theft?

whats the meaning of this?
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by adamabdul: 5:15pm On May 27, 2010
Graphical:

Has it been banned or its going to be banned?

I just checked my balance and the response, apart from the balance is "Send win to 222 for a chance to win N2m" undecided

Is this not what they are supposed to ban?

i just received a msg from mtn too
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Adonike(m): 5:18pm On May 27, 2010
A good riddence to bad rubbish.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by samorijack(m): 5:34pm On May 27, 2010
I have an issue with banning. The truth is, the government is at fault for failing to protect Nigerians by injecting clauses designed to curtail the excesses of these organizations, into the contracts which these companies entered into, upon their commencement of operations in Nigeria,

The government, the Ndukwe lead NCC and the Akunyili led Information and communications ministry are hopelessly culpable. Dora should have made her mark in that department rather than playing the political harlot.

That being said, I support the ban!!!!!!!!!, if there really is a ban.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by frankkie: 5:41pm On May 27, 2010
These new promos where vulnerable subscribers are required to text to a number for N100 per SMS is very fradulent.
If only five million subscribers text daily the company stands to rake in N500 million daily for the next three months the promo is running.
This particular promo which does not even depend on your airtime usage is unconscionable.
Nigerians are being fleeced daily. CPC, NCC, Lottery regulation please call them to order.
THE PROMO IS STILL VERY MUCH ON
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 5:50pm On May 27, 2010
make una no dey say na government fault again abeg, shey na until 1 person go come tell u korokoro say . . .

give me the access to your bank account na dat tyme u go know say d person wan fraud u?

millions of pipu have been complaining, fine, but if gov does nothing about it, y not apply your own brain?

everybody should stop the promo of a thing and know body will be frauded anymore. SIMPLE!
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Lanre200: 6:02pm On May 27, 2010
Since MTN start their millionaire 419 hunt, i have wonder if NCC is part of d fraud. B/c i don't see any promo exepet advance yahoo yahoo. And since govt refuce to stop mtn d other join wit different format. But now i want efcc to also investigate and prosicute all these 419s. eg. MTN. GLO. and zain. If possible ask them to return thir loot.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Lanre200: 6:04pm On May 27, 2010
Since MTN start their millionaire 419 hunt, i have wonder if NCC is part of d fraud. B/c i don't see any promo exepet advance yahoo yahoo. And since govt refuce to stop mtn d other join wit different format. But now i want efcc to also investigate and prosicute all these 419s. eg. MTN. GLO. and zain. If possible ask them to return thir loot.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Lanre200: 6:08pm On May 27, 2010
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by dipo2much(m): 6:53pm On May 27, 2010
wow! This is like the best news this week. It is so annoying when my fone gives me a text alart and I check it.with high expectations,only to find out its MTN saying gibberish like "WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ? SEND 100NAIRA AND YOU QUALIFY FOR 20M." Fraudulant Strategies. If only we could all sue them for the con
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Gospelw(m): 7:18pm On May 27, 2010
it is a welcome development smiley
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by Demdem(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2010
[b]t is daylight robbery,especially from MTN,i remember sending text to 320 to play for who wants to be a zillionaire and i expected them to deduct =N=200 but i was wrong because they sent another text afterwards that my text was acknowledged but i have to answer a simple question to qualify for the game proper,i did as i was told i answered the question and another =N= 200 was deducted,a few minutes later i receive another text that they require me to answer the final question to fully qualify for this week`s edition of the program,the mugu in me answered the new question with hopes building up (and another =N= 200 deducted,in about fifteen minutes from the time i answered the last question they (the yahoo-yahoo guys at MTN) sent me another question again as the entry question! Huh Lips sealed i almost smashed the phone on the wall,after collecting =N=600 naira from me,they still want more,at the end of the day they went to Ghana to build their west african headquarters,after raking billions of naira from our country[/b]

grin grin grin grin

this is really funny. eeyah, pele
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by GeeCee(m): 7:30pm On May 27, 2010
Thank God 4 dis. I use d 3 foremost providers; u can imagine ao many texts i get in a day from dem all & ao annoying it culd be.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by GeeCee(m): 7:32pm On May 27, 2010
Thank God 4 dis. I use d 3 foremost providers; u can imagine ao many texts i get in a day from dem all & ao annoying it culd be.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by tosinaded(m): 9:12pm On May 27, 2010
those mothafucckkers just dey always spam my inbox with sms sha!!!!
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by seal777(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2010
having played the who wants to be a millionaire stuff yrs back when the madness was not this bad, i sent 17 txt, got called to the audience twice and won 20k, off i go and never played again till now.

bad luck to lottery players cos their account balance will suffer for it, niger is an hopeless situation wit evri one hoping for miracles.

be smart and open ur eyes.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2010
angry angry angry angry for the mobile operators

wink wink wink wink for the FG
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by babaowo: 9:45pm On May 27, 2010
thank God oooooooo! its annoyed
even when i roamed, they did same thing.
may be they had scammed one of our
legislators,because they would'nt act until
they be victim.
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by eros(m): 9:50pm On May 27, 2010
At last, no more annoying text messages. I was really thinking of going to their office to start a shouting bout and thereafter sue them for fraud and corporate Yahoo Yahoo. angry angry angry angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 9:58pm On May 27, 2010
Had_one:

[size=18pt]I uses both Zain and MTN.  Can you imagine that it reach an extent .[/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Visits Sterling Bank And Udenwa Grilled Over Campaign Funds / Nothing Will Stop Buhari From Winning Second Term......sarrki / We Have Not Endorsed Atiku, Obi –ohanaeze Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.