Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph (10655 Views)

Wike Is Set To Broker Obi-Kwankwaso Ticket On LP - New Telegraph / 2023: Osinbajo, Not FEC, Stood Down Amaechiā€™s Security Memo - New Telegraph / Just In: Dapo Abiodun, APC Ogun Guber Candidate, In Certificate Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by lalekanyinusa(m): 12:51pm On May 25, 2018
GNI finally dumps PDP

The Ogun State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in 2015, Prince Gboyega Isiaka, has resigned his membership of the party.

Isiaka, who said the decision was not an easy one for him, noted that the crisis rocking the party in the state had proved intractable ahead of another general elections.

A copy of his resignation, letter dated May 24, was addressed to the leadership of both PDP factions in the state.

The Ogun PDP had been factionalised between loyalists of Senator Buruji Kashamu representing Ogun East Senatorial District and a House of Representatives member, Oladipupo Adebutu, from Remo Federal Constituency.

Isiaka, who had contested the governorship on two previous occasions, said he was leaving the PDP to continue his partisan political career "by charting a new course."

He lamented that genuine steps taken by few patriots within the opposition party to close up the fault lines and return it to glory days have been to no avail.

The letter partly read, "I am using this medium to convey the decision to resign my membership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), effective from today 24th May, 2018.

"This has not been an easy one for me as I recall with nostalgia, the opportunities and privileges which the membership of this party conferred on my political career; the peak of which was the kind consideration given me to be the flag bearer of the PDP in the last gubernatorial election in Ogun State.

"You will recall that the PDP, especially in our state, has been through a rough patch in the last couple of years, and after two successive electoral losses, the search for lasting peace is still elusive. Despite the genuine steps taken by few patriots within the party to close up the fault lines and return the party to glory days, all have been to no avail.

"With another election on the horizon and the perennial challenges of the party festering and proving to be intractable, I am left with no other choice but to continue my partisan political career by charting a new course where my philosophies and beliefs are aligned with good democratic ethos for the ultimate aim of promoting a better society."

When contacted yesterday on Isiaka's next political move, one of his media aides, Wale Junaid, said his principal is committed to contesting and winning the 2019 governorship in the state.

Junaid stated that the issue of whether the two-time gubernatorial candidate would join another political party or not would be addressed at the appropriate time.

He restated Isiaka's commitment to running a welfarist and people-centred administration when he emerges as governor next year.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/05/2019-isiaka-resigns-from-pdp-says-partys-crisis-intractable/

1 Like

Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by Reelectbuhari: 1:05pm On May 25, 2018
Is it dump or dumb.......
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by MrGreenMavro: 1:47pm On May 25, 2018
sad

Both the OP and the moderator wey put this trend for frontpage no get sense....How this political prostitution wan take affect our lifes now angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2018
So, Make we fry beans??

Mtcheww!!

Warning! Don't Click This!!!! Unless You Stay outside Nigeria!
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by Christane: 1:47pm On May 25, 2018
every politician z moving to d winning team though d head of APC(buhari)z useless bt u av to be wit APC if u want to hold any political position now in nigeria bt dat wud nt stop d deportment of dat old cluess president back to daura cus our vote must count nd he must be voted out of office ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by NwaAmaikpe: 1:48pm On May 25, 2018
shocked

The politicians aren't the problem, the electorates are.

If only they could dump these politicians whenever they dump their political party.
Only that will restore sanity.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by Wellets50(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2018
h
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by littlewonders: 1:48pm On May 25, 2018
E son start
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by DWJOBScom(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2018
Never knew he was still there self
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by berniceunice: 1:50pm On May 25, 2018
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by ezy9: 1:51pm On May 25, 2018
he will go back... grin
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by MrMcJay(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2018
Look at how people are avoiding PDP like a bad habit.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by Riversides2003(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2018
This guy just jumping from place to place. He is to OgunState what Atiku is to Nigeria.
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by Kingstanding: 1:53pm On May 25, 2018
Gboyega Isiaka, from PDP in 2011 to PPN, then from PPN back to PDP now from PDP to........ guess SDP. Don't waste your time APC candidate will win. GNI you are a political jobber. Is not by force to rule.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by tellibody: 1:53pm On May 25, 2018
loool
MrMcJay:
Look at how people are avoiding PDP like a bad habit.
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by danie09(m): 1:57pm On May 25, 2018
A
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by tectonotimes: 2:00pm On May 25, 2018
Can SDP win any elective position come 2019? Do you want to be making millions of naira via export business? Click on the first link on my signature to know how you will go about it.
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by nabegibeg: 2:01pm On May 25, 2018
lalekanyinusa:
GNI finally dumps PDP

The Ogun State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in 2015, Prince Gboyega Isiaka, has resigned his membership of the party.

Isiaka, who said the decision was not an easy one for him, noted that the crisis rocking the party in the state had proved intractable ahead of another general elections.

A copy of his resignation, letter dated May 24, was addressed to the leadership of both PDP factions in the state.

The Ogun PDP had been factionalised between loyalists of Senator Buruji Kashamu representing Ogun East Senatorial District and a House of Representatives member, Oladipupo Adebutu, from Remo Federal Constituency.

Isiaka, who had contested the governorship on two previous occasions, said he was leaving the PDP to continue his partisan political career "by charting a new course."

He lamented that genuine steps taken by few patriots within the opposition party to close up the fault lines and return it to glory days have been to no avail.

The letter partly read, "I am using this medium to convey the decision to resign my membership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), effective from today 24th May, 2018.

"This has not been an easy one for me as I recall with nostalgia, the opportunities and privileges which the membership of this party conferred on my political career; the peak of which was the kind consideration given me to be the flag bearer of the PDP in the last gubernatorial election in Ogun State.

"You will recall that the PDP, especially in our state, has been through a rough patch in the last couple of years, and after two successive electoral losses, the search for lasting peace is still elusive. Despite the genuine steps taken by few patriots within the party to close up the fault lines and return the party to glory days, all have been to no avail.

"With another election on the horizon and the perennial challenges of the party festering and proving to be intractable, I am left with no other choice but to continue my partisan political career by charting a new course where my philosophies and beliefs are aligned with good democratic ethos for the ultimate aim of promoting a better society."

When contacted yesterday on Isiaka's next political move, one of his media aides, Wale Junaid, said his principal is committed to contesting and winning the 2019 governorship in the state.

Junaid stated that the issue of whether the two-time gubernatorial candidate would join another political party or not would be addressed at the appropriate time.

He restated Isiaka's commitment to running a welfarist and people-centred administration when he emerges as governor next year.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/05/2019-isiaka-resigns-from-pdp-says-partys-crisis-intractable/

political prostitutes lacking ideology and morality

shameful idiots

1 Like

Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by Buffalowings3(m): 2:02pm On May 25, 2018
So
Wering consign us
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by LibertyRep: 2:55pm On May 25, 2018
The state governor already zoned APC's guber ticket to Yewa where Isiaka is from. There are two options available for him; he could join APC as being speculated over his recent romance with state governor OR he could join Obasanjo 's coalition as being touted by some members of his Believe Movement.

Whichever way, good luck to him as he takes the shot at the plum office for the third time.

1 Like

Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by maestroferddi: 2:56pm On May 25, 2018
He was given the flag two times and two times he failed.

They should try another person ojare.

No time for bad luck/market....
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by alextobi1247: 3:10pm On May 25, 2018
so?
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by Cajal(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2018
Ah.... why now
One of the best CANDIDATE
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by GOFRONT(m): 6:29pm On May 25, 2018
All these they are doing just to get in touch with our Bucks
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2018
It is allowed. Anyway, all the best to him.
Re: Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph by AridunuThomas: 5:48pm On May 29, 2018
I heard he's going to be ADC governorship candidate in 2019. I just wonder how the people Obasanjo fought in 2011 in Ogun PDP are now his best friends in ADC

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump On Fire For Likening Black People To Rodents / Buhari To Confer Buratai, Jamoh With National Honours - WhistlerNG / New Lagos Pedestrian bridge ..FIRST OF ITS KIND IN AFRICA(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.