Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment (15834 Views)

IKEDC Unveils Lagos Areas Getting 20-24 Hours Power Supply / Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? / Why Electricity Is Cut When There Is A Rainstorm In Nigeria - IKEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by hisgrace090: 2:51pm On May 25, 2018
Pope22:
They need to bring this down to a place called greenhouse in nsukka, the way people incharge of light in that silly place siphon money they collect from people which they don't even pay to NEPA. They call it bulk billing.

It is because of this act that those staff will never allow prepaid metre to be distributed.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by worlexy(m): 2:51pm On May 25, 2018
hmmm
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Newpride(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2018
Shiorrrr on obj and Jonathan for plundering Nigeria ...

This is where they’ve led us.

Obj spent $16bn while Jonathan came on board and sold it off to amateurs.

1 Like

Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by desgiezd(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2018
IKEDC has taken us back into the stone ages. What they do in imy area now is that anytime rain falls, light will not be restored until late afternoon or evening of the following day. Right now, we have not had light since after the rains of Tuesday evening and this is Friday evening.

To hell with them and their unsolicited SMS!!!

1 Like

Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by worlexy(m): 2:55pm On May 25, 2018
Opinionated:

The electricity service provider in Nigeria over the last 40 years has become a source of pain, anger and frustration for Nigerians. The company continually fails to deliver electricity, does not bill accurately for the most part and insists on getting paid.

While there are a few alternative power solutions out there, few can be relied upon at the expense of what used to ECN, NEPA, PHCN and now several “EDCs”.

However, some of the new Electricity Distribution Companies are trying to improve on customer service even if supply of electricity is still epileptic.

Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company also Known as Ikeja Electric now sends its customers notification of their debt and its plan to disconnect them soon. While this might not seem like good news to many people, it does give you the chance to pay your bills before any embarrassing disconnection occurs. Also, you get notified of payment when you pay your bills with a balance of any amount still owed given.

This will also help to curb fraud where some officials of the company or even sometimes the people sent to pay on a customer’s behalf pocket the money and claim to have paid thereby causing argument on whether or not a bill has been settled.

This is the example of the message IKEDC customers now get to avoid disconnection:

Dear Customer,
Our record shows that as at today, you have outstanding bills yet to be paid. We advise that you please settle all outstanding debts to avoid service disruption. Please disregard if payments have been made.

Thank you for allowing us serve you.

Upon payment being made by the customer, you receive a message like this:

Dear (account number) Your payment of ₦ danger danger for your IE bill was successful. Your outstanding balance is ₦ danger danger Pls pay to avoid service disruption. For enquires call 017000250

Of course, there may be some other notifications depending on whether you use a prepaid meter or have a credit balance with the company.

We applaud the willingness to communicate more effectively with customers but would also love to have steady electricity supply or what do you say?

source: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert for Disconnection and Payment

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
wetin the "danger danger " come mean
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Herdeydeen: 2:57pm On May 25, 2018
Intresting

1 Like

Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by oloyede90(m): 2:59pm On May 25, 2018
they should stop giving customers outrageous estimated bill. they are thieves. if they like they should send email, e no concern me.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 25, 2018
Senselin:
FTC.

AEDC should follow suit and give out meters and stop estimated billings.

A friend who lives in one of the suburbs in Abuja told me that AEDC deliberately refused to give them prepaid meter after 10 months of paying 25k for it. When are we going to get it right in Nigeria
Let them take SARS Or soldiers to go and arrest all of them there abi they are mad ni? They either supply you with the meter that you paid for or they should refund you back your money. Shikena, no 2 ways about it.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 25, 2018
Opinionated:

The electricity service provider in Nigeria over the last 40 years has become a source of pain, anger and frustration for Nigerians. The company continually fails to deliver electricity, does not bill accurately for the most part and insists on getting paid.

While there are a few alternative power solutions out there, few can be relied upon at the expense of what used to ECN, NEPA, PHCN and now several “EDCs”.

However, some of the new Electricity Distribution Companies are trying to improve on customer service even if supply of electricity is still epileptic.

Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company also Known as Ikeja Electric now sends its customers notification of their debt and its plan to disconnect them soon. While this might not seem like good news to many people, it does give you the chance to pay your bills before any embarrassing disconnection occurs. Also, you get notified of payment when you pay your bills with a balance of any amount still owed given.

This will also help to curb fraud where some officials of the company or even sometimes the people sent to pay on a customer’s behalf pocket the money and claim to have paid thereby causing argument on whether or not a bill has been settled.

This is the example of the message IKEDC customers now get to avoid disconnection:

Dear Customer,
Our record shows that as at today, you have outstanding bills yet to be paid. We advise that you please settle all outstanding debts to avoid service disruption. Please disregard if payments have been made.

Dear (account number) Your payment of ₦ danger danger for your IE bill was successful. Your outstanding balance is ₦ danger danger Pls pay to avoid service disruption. For enquires call 017000250

Of course, there may be some other notifications depending on whether you use a prepaid meter or have a credit balance with the company.

We applaud the willingness to communicate more effectively with customers but would also love to have steady electricity supply or what do you say?

The useless people should focus on power generation and distributions of prepaid meters undecided undecided
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:03pm On May 25, 2018
We need prepaid meters and please stop estimated billing system

1 Like

Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by ahamonyeka(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2018
NONSENSE.

why are they not sending notification when payment is made?
they should try to be giving us notice when they wants to interrupt power.

clueless people
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by ahamonyeka(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2018
NONSENSE.

why are they not sending notification when payment is made?
they should try to be giving us notice when they wants to interrupt power.

clueless people
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Opinionated: 3:08pm On May 25, 2018
calddon:
How do they plan to do it with the sms when because of a single debtor in a compound of many flats they will disconnect the whole light, what will the sms look like?

This is wrong and you have been sleeping on your rights.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Abfinest007(m): 3:08pm On May 25, 2018
Temidayo9:
Am very sure BEDC will never do this
they are doing it.is like alert
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by bigfish3k: 3:10pm On May 25, 2018
ObaIgwe1:
That is not what they really need.

They should provide all their customers with pre-paid meters.

yes, with pre paid meter, no need for text messages. the darkness in ur house will alert u

IKEJA electricity should stop this kind of improvements on "estimated billings jare "

just give us prepaid meters, we don't need ur SMS
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by divineisi: 3:11pm On May 25, 2018
Ijaya123:
The person behind that's SMS stuff must be a clown. How can I be using prepaid meter and you're still telling me that I should come and settle all outstanding debt.

I just delete the SMS once I saw it.
hmm oga 'once i saw it'
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Bustincole(m): 3:13pm On May 25, 2018
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by calddon(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2018
Opinionated:

I am not sleeping on my rights, i never said such happened to me. however, its a regular occurrence accross the country.

i have even seen EEDC disconnect an entire community due to few huge debtors.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by calddon(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2018
Opinionated:

I am not sleeping on my rights, i never said such happened to me. however, its a regular occurrence across the country.

i have even seen EEDC disconnect an entire community due to few huge debtors.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by shevon: 3:28pm On May 25, 2018
nabegibeg:

I can tell you this is a big fat lie
No be lie joor, they are doing it. We don't even have to call or go to their office to complain if we have issues with power supply or our transformer is faulty, I just chat them up online, they create a ticket reference concerning the issue, escalate and follow up to ensure the issue is fixed within 24hrs where applicable.

1 Like

Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by FX(m): 3:32pm On May 25, 2018
PearlStreet:
This is because Ikeja Electric and Eko Electricity Distribution Company are presently being dragged to various Courts by their customers. If everything goes as planned, these 2 electricity companies would pay billions to consumers as court-ordered damages.

Remember when Falana fell into an opened manhole in Abuja and he sued the FCTA? They begged him to settle before he ruins them.

We should learn to sue service providers and government agencies whenever they misbehave. You'll get free millions and It would make our country better.

Feel free to sue MTN, Lastma, FRSC, Police, SON, Nafdac. They need koboko to behave well and you'll get money for using court cases to cure their madness.
I will sue any company that misbehaves with me now.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by larrrymore(m): 3:38pm On May 25, 2018
Senselin:
FTC.

A friend who lives in one of the suburbs in Abuja told me that AEDC deliberately refused to give them prepaid meter after 10 months of paying 25k for it. When are we going to get it right in Nigeria
25k small nah.... we paid 40k here nothing after 18months
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by holaralph(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2018
Bloggers and stale news
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by blank(f): 3:44pm On May 25, 2018
Ijaya123:
The person behind that's SMS stuff must be a clown. How can I be using prepaid meter and you're still telling me that I should come and settle all outstanding debt.

I just delete the SMS once I saw it.

You probably have two accounts running. Write to them to discontinue that bill.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Ijaya123: 3:50pm On May 25, 2018
divineisi:
hmm oga 'once i saw it'

You're at liberty to sue me.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by MONITZ: 3:50pm On May 25, 2018
Temidayo9:
Am very sure BEDC will never do this

The most useless amongst them all,there wa a time they brought a bill of 1.7million naira to the house of a friend and we asked if they had not been paying since the house was built? Useless mofos with their epileptic power supply and never ending darkness...
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by KrystosCJ(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2018
I received similar SMS.

The app is useless.

The SMS will even be more useless.

Give us light, they are useless at it.

Keep my account records updated and accurate, they do a useless job.

Improve power nko, their uselessness is always loading.

They can't even differentiate from those who are owing and those who are not.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Ijaya123: 3:51pm On May 25, 2018
blank:

You probably have two accounts running. Write to them to discontinue that bill.

Nope. Just one.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by signeddocuments: 3:57pm On May 25, 2018
Please someone should enlighten us on how to sue this bastard organization called AEDC.I am fed up.please any lawyer in the house?These people are worse than police,sars and armed robbers combined with their crazy and outrageous estimated billing system. I think we need to create a forum for lawyers to help us sue their ass.
They are really exploiting us and nobody is challenging them. They deliberately refused to provide prepaid meter just because of the exploitation.The worst is the way the treat their customers'complaint with disdain if you go their office.it is quite annoying.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by highbee02: 3:58pm On May 25, 2018
Opinionated:

Dear Customer,

What's ECN
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by braining01: 4:03pm On May 25, 2018
With prepaid meters, we do not need all these.
Re: IKEDC Now Sends SMS Alert For Disconnection And Payment by Nonnyflex(m): 4:04pm On May 25, 2018
Senselin:
FTC.

Please do we pay to get prepaid meter?* I am now confused

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti: PDP To Embark On Peaceful Protest Nationwide Today / Osinbajo’s Twitter Account Hacked / Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.