Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,324 members, 7,954,311 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

GNI Finally Dumps PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GNI Finally Dumps PDP (496 Views)

Edo 2024: Omosede Igbenedion dumps PDP, defects to APC (Photos) / Timi Frank Finally Dumps APC / Former Ogun Guber Candidate, GNI Dumps PDP - New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1)

GNI Finally Dumps PDP by lalekanyinusa(m): 2:04pm On May 25, 2018
GNI finally dumps PDP

The Ogun State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in 2015, Prince Gboyega Isiaka, has officially resigned as a member of the opposition party.

Isiaka blamed the crisis rocking the party, which has proven unreconcilable, on his decision to quit the party.

A copy of his resignation, letter dated May 24, was addressed to the leadership of both PDP factions in the state.

Two factions are laying claim to the party's leadership in the state.

A faction is loyal to Senator Buruji Kashamu representing Ogun East Senatorial District at the Senate while the other pitched his tent with Hon. Oladipupo Adebutu, representing Remo Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives.

It will be recalled that Isiaka contested the governorship on two previous occasions on the platform of the People's Party of Nigeria (PPN) and the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in 2011 and 2015 respectively.

The politician bemoaned that all efforts to close the ranks of warring members of the party in the state have not yielded a positive result.

The letter partly read, "I am using this medium to convey the decision to resign my membership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), effective from today 24th May, 2018.

"This has not been an easy one for me as I recall with nostalgia, the opportunities and privileges which the membership of this party conferred on my political career; the peak of which was the kind consideration given me to be the flag bearer of the PDP in the last gubernatorial election in Ogun State.

"You will recall that the PDP, especially in our state, has been through a rough patch in the last couple of years, and after two successive electoral losses, the search for lasting peace is still elusive. Despite the genuine steps taken by few patriots within the party to close up the fault lines and return the party to glory days, all have been to no avail.

"With another election on the horizon and the perennial challenges of the party festering and proving to be intractable, I am left with no other choice but to continue my partisan political career by charting a new course where my philosophies and beliefs are aligned with good democratic ethos for the ultimate aim of promoting a better society."

One of his media aides, Mr. Wale Junaid, however said his boss remains committed in his quest at becoming the governor of the state in 2019.

Junaid said his principal will announce the political party where he would contest the election at the right time.

END

Re: GNI Finally Dumps PDP by Mynd44: 2:32pm On May 25, 2018

(1)

Multi-party Democracy:osibanjo,ikpeazu As Role Models By Uzoukwa Ebere / Secondus Reveals APC, PDP Members On Buhari Govt ‘target List’ / The Speech That Got Abiola Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.