Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,125 members, 7,957,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:26 AM

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) (4903 Views)

A Renovation Diary - Surulere (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Building A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Building 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ajah (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 5:36am On Aug 28, 2018
Plastering of ground floor areas

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 5:36am On Aug 28, 2018

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 5:59am On Aug 28, 2018
ENGINEERS!!

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 6:05am On Aug 28, 2018
Plastering Still for ground floors

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 6:05am On Aug 28, 2018
CAsting of Precast Parapet

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 6:06am On Aug 28, 2018

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by mank1234(m): 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
skimanski:
PPR Plumbing Works as we prepare to start Plastering on ground floor internal Portion

Oga well done.
I just want to ask if this PPR pipe is made of copper.
Can it be run between roof and ceiling? Will it rust?

Thinking of running piping (from solar water heater and overhead tank) from roof through ceiling rather than down to ground and then up. This is to shorten the distance the hot water has to go through.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 6:21am On Aug 29, 2018
mank1234:

Oga well done.
I just want to ask if this PPR pipe is made of copper.
Can it be run between roof and ceiling? Will it rust?

Thinking of running piping (from solar water heater and overhead tank) from roof through ceiling rather than down to ground and then up. This is to shorten the distance the hot water has to go through.

PPR pipe is plastic and not copper. Very thick plastic. It can be run anywhere as it difficult to break.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by mank1234(m): 10:28pm On Aug 30, 2018
skimanski:

PPR pipe is plastic and not copper. Very thick plastic. It can be run anywhere as it difficult to break.

Thanks senior man. Between henco and ppr, which is better
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 7:41am On Aug 31, 2018
mank1234:

Thanks senior man. Between henco and ppr, which is better

Henco to me has a Light edge over PPR, due to its flexibility, doesn't have joints in a lot of places, as a result doesn't require Elbows and Tees.

Joints are where leaks can many times come from

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by mank1234(m): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2018
skimanski:

Henco to me has a Light edge over PPR, due to its flexibility, doesn't have joints in a lot of places, as a result doesn't require Elbows and Tees.

Thanks a lot for the info.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by mank1234(m): 10:59am On Aug 31, 2018
skimanski:

Pls what's the price for say 100m of it?
And can it be joined to regular pvc pipe if same diameter?
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by oluwashola4me(m): 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
skimanski:
CAsting of Precast Parapet
Please, what's the difference between this Precast Parapet method and the common one with reinforcement bars?
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2018
oluwashola4me:
Please, what's the difference between this Precast Parapet method and the common one with reinforcement bars?

The Precast parapet is Lighter in Weight, but Limited to Certain Designs

While the concrete One is heavier and also more expensive, but Not limited in designs as you can form A lot more with it

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by oluwashola4me(m): 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2018
skimanski:

The Precast parapet is Lighter in Weight, but Limited to Certain Designs

While the concrete One is heavier and also more expensive, but Not limited in designs as you can form A lot more with it

Do both still require reinforcement bars?
Because I noticed yours has concrete cast.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2018
oluwashola4me:

Do both still require reinforcement bars?
Because I noticed yours has concrete cast.

Yes they Both Require Reinforcement. Precast though Requires less Reinforcement,

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 11:44pm On Sep 12, 2018
Arrival of Roof Wood for Roofing.

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2018
Resumption of roofing works

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2018

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
Updates on roofing works

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2018

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2018

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
Updates on plastering of ground floor

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2018

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2018
A.c conduit pipe installation.

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2018
Finalizing frame works for roof

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2018
Arrival of roofing sheets for installation

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (finishing An Old House) by skimanski(m): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
Installation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Palms Garden Estate, kuje Fct Abuja Promo offer ends 15th,june 2010 / Help What Do I Do?PENTAGON REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT / Check....A 3 bedrm Bungalow to lintel level N2m.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.