Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Creating Your Own Brand Colour Palette - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Creating Your Own Brand Colour Palette (235 Views)

Top 5 CMS Platforms For Creating Your Website / How To Select Keywords When Creating Your Content / Steps To Take Before Creating A Website - Techknowng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Creating Your Own Brand Colour Palette by SotonyeBob(f): 3:36pm On May 25, 2018
As a child, a makeup artist, a painter or whoever, when you have a brush and a set of water colors or a colour palette placed before you, it’s always difficult to make a selection.

Even when it comes to fashion and styling, colours always have a way of questioning our knowledge of aesthetics.

This is also applicable in branding a business.

Branding is like putting on clothes, accessories, make-up and shoes on a business. And you know how the saying goes “Dress how you want to be addressed”.

So when picking colors with which you want to represent your brand it’s important you do this carefully. I don’t need to go into details on the why; you can read more on RAINBOW OF BRANDING.

Colour choice is very vital in the growth of a business that’s why TEKXUS would give a guide to brand colour selection (yeah, as promised).

Now you have a clean canvas placed before you, but first you should ask questions like:

What personality do I want my brand to possess?
How can I trigger emotional connection in clients using colours?
What colours would my target audience relate to?
What colours are in use by my competition?
Are my colours affecting my business positively or negatively? (Of course this is when you already have brand colors, and if negative you should consider rebranding).
If you’re unable to answer these effectively, the grasshopper.com has a quiz that could enable you select from colours that depict your brand the most.

creating your own brand colour palette

Heading on, there are some research findings you should know about certain colours and the attention they possess.

Generally, ads in colour are read up to 42% more often than the same ads in black and white.

They may keep the viewer’s interest for less than two-third of a second whereas colored images may sustain the attention for more than two seconds.

Red has been seen to trigger stimulation and appetite, cause people to action as well as grab attention.

Blue creates a sense of trust and reliability as seen in logos such as Facebook, HP and Samsung.

Black, navy blue, royal purple, and deep or dark green are common choices that signify sophistication and luxury. Orange and yellow can convey affordability or fast-moving deals.

Putting these together Tekxus came up with its exclusive brand colours, blue and orange.

I bet you want to know why and how we did it and do same for your brand.

In all, the brighter colors are associated with vitality and the darker colours are representatives of peace.

Gender is another primary factor in choosing brand colours. If your target audience is largely male, you might want to use bold colours.

Men are more receptive to shades of colours. Whilst women prefer softer colours (tints of colours).

Green or blue are good choices for nearly any audience.

creating your own brand colour palette

Choosing your brand palette

Having put all of the above into consideration, three colours at most five (preferably the shades or tints of the original) would be required.

Of course with the help of grasshopper.com providing colours suitable for your brand personality; you are now to choose a base, an accent and a neutral colour.

When selecting these colours, it is important to note the colour scheme (monochromatic, analogous, complementary and triadic) to be used.

You can use the monochromatic scheme when you want to emphasize one brand trait (probably the most important).

However, the hue, tints and shades should be used.

CHOOSE YOUR BASE

It is the most important color, why?

This is because it reflects https://www.tekxus.com/blog/2018/05/21/creating-your-own-brand-colour-palette/

(1) (Reply)

Get A Free Website Now / Get The Most Reliable Strategies For Web Search Optimization For New Your Blog / Grow Your Instagram Account Real Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.