Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) (1259 Views)

Please Help Advice Me On Handwork To Learn / I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling / My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by nabiz(m): 4:38pm On May 25, 2018
I am considering going back to school or focusing on my business and forget about school.

I am 37 years old, married with 3 children and also a university school drop out.

I am self employed. I have a registered construction company and a mini tools and equipment rental shop. Presently i earn an average of 250k per month from the two business and i am still expanding.

I communicate very well that u may not believe that i am a school drop out.

I always feel that going back to school is not a need since google is there to solve and answer many of my problems when the need arise, though i may be wrong.

Pls not that i am not an illiterate. I have on my own studied some courses online but the problem is that i don't have a certificate.

I have that mindset of ''no need of jampacking my brain with many knowledge that i can easily get from google store'' my believe is that internet is here to solve my life and business problem so no need for all the certificates, though i may be wrong.
i also believe i can employ people with certificate to do the job for me if the need arises. for now i have one graduate in my payroll

My question is do you think i may need that certificate tomorrow? Should i go back to school or should  i use focus on my business expansion to give my children the certificate i did not have?

Pls help me as i may be wrong and don't want to make a mistake that i may regret

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by whitebeard(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2018
No u don't..!! Trust me..if u try what course do u wanna study..!!

Just focus on ur business.. Cause dis days what student are thinking "is if u gonna rely on ur certificate after u graduate.. Dude u are going back to ur parents house..!" They have side hustle I have a friend who was in final yr with us but dropped out to do his business.. The guy is making money now..

Why do u think most student go to school.. If not to get job that gives money..! U already making money, u should be concerned with how to improve the quality of ur products..sponsor researchs based on ur products, expand ur company, train ur kids love ur family (wife)..!

Just my advice..!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by tolufase: 5:11pm On May 25, 2018
To me, if it's not going to affect day-to-day activities of your business, there is nothing wrong in seeking for more knowledge. But in a situation where the activities of your business is centered around you(I.e if you're not there, things could go awful within a minute), kindly focus on your business. You can give the best of education to your children. Just make sure one of your children study a course that's related to your line of business.
Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by statistical: 8:38pm On May 25, 2018
Baba go back and collect your certificate in school, then continue your life in peace. Forget what some kids are saying here. Certificate is not waste, your business might fail tomorrow atleast you will have a back up. Is good to have two options in life; who knows tomorrow you might need it for a certain greater position. If our own Gani Adams (Area boys), Dangote, Davido fit get certificate upon all their money. Hmmnn.. You know the rest of the story na.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by Laird(m): 4:13am On May 26, 2018
DO PART TIME WEEKEND STUDY PROGRAMME

1 Like

Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by nabiz(m): 3:14pm On May 26, 2018
thanks all for ur advice. i m very grateful. i think i have to go back to school. i am considering national open university to study any of these course. business administration, entrepreneurial study or marketing

1 Like

Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by Fxmanager(m): 11:33am On Jun 01, 2018
nabiz:
I am considering going back to school or focusing on my business and forget about school.

I am 37 years old, married with 3 children and also a university school drop out.

I am self employed. I have a registered construction company and a mini tools and equipment rental shop. Presently i earn an average of 250k per month from the two business and i am still expanding.

I always feel that going back to school is not a need since google is there to solve and answer many of my problems when the need arise, though i may be wrong.

Pls not that i am not an illiterate. I have on my own studied some courses online but the problem is that i don't have a certificate.

I have that mindset of ''no need of jampacking my brain with many knowledge that i can easily get from google store'' my believe is that internet is here to solve my life and business problem so no need for all the certificates, though i may be wrong.
i also believe i can employ people with certificate to do the job for me if the need arises. for now i have one graduate in my payroll

My question is do you think i may need that certificate tomorrow? Should i go back to school or should  i use focus on my business expansion to give my children the certificate i did not have?

Pls help me as i may be wrong and don't want to make a mistake that i may regret

You can create a currency portfolio with us and let us manage for you, while you go back to school. You can monitor your investment portfolio from any part of the world. Our target is average of 10%+ monthly return.
Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by apprentist(m): 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
And here I am with certificate and yet confused with life and career. My candid advice is this Sir,
If time would permit you, get the certificates. But your business must come first place.
Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by dbestuncle: 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
nabiz:

You still need to go to school. The benefits of going to school is beyond just money n been literate. if u can, pls add a degree to ur achievement. It will help u some day.
Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by standardTech: 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2018
pls go back to school, do a part time programme and monitor your business... my dad made same mistake suppose to be a bigger personality by now awhich he had gone to school
Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by gbolio4(m): 9:38am On Jun 04, 2018
You're by no means alone Bro. Many of us are in the same boat.

I'll tell you what Sir. Never, ever, leave what is earning your livelihood (+ your family's) for a certificate. Especially if the certificate you're contemplating will not be adding anything to your bottomline. A large percent of the people chasing that degree are doing so just so they may get to the position that you are (earning a confortable livelihood)

But, it it's that much on your mind, simply do a part time or online program. Thank me later wink
Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by david0007: 11:05am On Jun 04, 2018
i think only you can answer this question, but from the little experience i have, i can tell you dont ever leave your business for school. The best you should do is keep doing your business full time and then you can run a partime kind of course in a school.

Education is not in certificate, but in the knowledge and experience you acquire and this learning is continuous. I also agree the internet is there today and you can learn alot.

I have a 2:1 degree and also a masters degree from a uk university, have 4 certifications including PMP etc. those things are just title, it is what you do with what you know that matters.

My advice is never stop learning, learning must be continuous, although getting a certificate is good particularly if you want a job today, but you know the labor market is saturated. You are not on that line, you have a good business and earning decent, you are almost 40 years. Try to learn more about making your business better. who are those in your line of business doing well? how are they doing it? what skill or technology are they having and using that you dont have?

how can i learn them? pursue knowledge in that line.

Certificate today is almost worthless, we have masters holds looking for job if you dont knw.

what usefulness will be the ceritificate? if you cant fend for your family, you willl be worst than an infidel.

I know there is usually this inferiority complex feeling or not being a degree holder, but that should not bother you.

There are many degree holders that are not even earning up to 100k.

In life there is time for everything, except you are going for a masters degree, 37 years is not the time for doing undergraduate.

this is the time to hustle my brother.

God will help us all

nabiz:

Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by PAO429: 11:42am On Aug 22, 2018
nabiz:

NOUN wont be bad, You have a family to take care of ....Dont pause your businesses ,
NOUN will be best
Is a plus to have a Certificate sir
Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by ovieohene: 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2018
With the economic situation in our country today and all over the world, people are thinking very wide and taking serious decisions that will help them grow rapidly. With your certificate and knowledge gathered in school nobody will challenge you even with your wealth. Some people even with all the money they have still try to have education and acquire certificate because of what d future...My advise is that you go for a PART TIME school. Please do not abandoned your business.. Am talking from experience. God bless you.
Re: Pls Help advice me( Mature Mind Only) by ziziangel(m): 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
Enroll for a part time programme.

You might not know when you'll be needing the certificate.

Wish you the best of luck

(1) (Reply)

As An Employer, Will You Sack a Morally bankrupt But Efficient Worker? / Average Living Cost In Lagos / Osha 233 Hour Oil And Gas Safety And Health Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.