Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling (759 Views)

3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job / Today, I Quit Gambling!!! / A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by kingvick09(m): 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
Its really a long time coming with this gambling of a thing, it all started about 5 years ago when i was still an apprentice learning a trade.So then, my boss friends usually send me to this particular bet house in order to help them stake their bet every time . After some while i started playing too, I got so addicted to the extent of playing with my sister money meant for her exam that i had to plan like i was kidnapped and then lied to my parents ,when i got home my mum had me swearing with the bible to confirm if it was true which i did. I still never stopped gambling yet i keep on losing so much money.
I've tried so many ways to stop by laying curses on myself using the bible but all effort proved futile.I'm an hardworking guy to the core but gambling keeps pulling my journey back. when ever i try to stop I keep getting that urge of recovering my loss or getting to win a mega jackpot which has never happened,I'm very sure I've really made a lot of money this year yet as at today i have no penny in my back account plus loans of about 150k i have to pay and I've almost gambled away with all my business money having just about 5% left.....

I FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF!!!!
I NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO OVERCOME THIS ADDICTION!!!!

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE !!!! !!!!
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by troubleboi: 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
shocked
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by kingvick09(m): 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
kingvick09:
Its really a long time coming with this gambling of a thing, it all started about 5 years ago when i was still an apprentice learning a trade.So then, my boss friends usually send me to this particular bet house in order to help them stake their bet every time . After some while i started playing too, I got so addicted to the extent of playing with my sister money meant for her exam that i had to plan like i was kidnapped and then lied to my parents ,when i got home my mum had me swearing with the bible to confirm if it was true which i did. I still never stopped gambling yet i keep on losing so much money.
I've tried so many ways to stop by laying curses on myself using the bible but all effort proved futile.I'm an hardworking guy to the core but gambling keeps pulling my journey back. when ever i try to stop I keep getting that urge of recovering my loss or getting to win a mega jackpot which has never happened,I'm very sure I've really made a lot of money this year yet as at today i have no penny in my back account plus loans of about 150k i have to pay and I've almost gambled away with all my business money having just about 5% left.....

I FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF!!!!
I NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO OVERCOME THIS ADDICTION!!!!

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE !!!! !!!!

ANYONE WHO HAS EVER OVERCOME THIS GAMBLING ADDICTION HERE?
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
Corona virus is currently taking care of you.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by jacquincy: 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
I dont have any advice but prayer....u will win big one day
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by kingvick09(m): 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
jacquincy:
I dont have any advice but prayer....u will win big one day
I WANT TO QUIT
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
Gambling
Masturbation
Formication
Lying
Drunkenness
Spiritism

These practices could get you addicted and if care is not taken leave you in a life threatening dilemma. If you find yourself in the trap, know that you need to put up a hard fight to break out.

No chance you haven't struggled or still struggling with one of these... But then if you can master the art of self control, you can overcome any of these.
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by Taywon: 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
Na too much money dey worry u....
Some how funny wen i hear this..... U wan recover from system.... Oyo
U better face ur life squarely and be responsible...
Change ur perspective and mindset
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by internationalman(m): 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
Why quit. Your winning might just be the next weekend after you chicken out.

Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by jacquincy: 11:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
kingvick09:

I WANT TO QUIT
Ok....be sending all your money to my account....if u dont have money u cannot enter bet9ja shop
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by internationalman(m): 11:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Gambling
Masturbation
Formication
Lying
Drunkenness
Spiritism

These practices could get you addicted and if care is not taken leave you in a life threatening dilemma. If you find yourself in the trap, know that you need to put up a hard fight to break out.

Masturbation is like Lionel Messi; it is in a world of its own. Non on the list can compare.

It's so because it's the easiest to do among all.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by Vision4God: 11:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
@kingvick09
Please pray about it and ask Some1 or a pastor u tryst to join u to break the addiction. Let your sister or mum know about this and tell them to watch you closely.
Be transparent about money that enters your hand.
You will surely overcome as far as you are determined to.

God help you.
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by Friendz4blue(m): 11:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
I feel ur pain bro and I pray u overcome dis addiction.....firstly it is written on all gambling sites and platform dat u shld gamble responsibly...it seems u are not doing that...again check those site u will c a warning which states don't allow gambling become a problem in ur life...it's a good thing u came here for help..firstly I gamble, but once I notice it's becoming an addiction I stopped it...here are some tips, mayb it would help
I don't go to betting shop to gamble I stake on my phone.once I know where my problem lies I stopped having extra money on my acct to fund my betting sites to play bet.
quit fraternizing with ur frnds who play gamble cuz even if u want to stop. they will encourage u.
also if u have money plz use the money immediately for important things so u won't have extra cash to play bet.
also put it in prayer

1 Like

Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by CrazyMan(m): 12:54am On Apr 14, 2020
You just have to take a decision and stand by it. Gambling makes people wretched; the though of that alone should motivate you to quit it for good.
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by yomi007k(m): 2:19am On Apr 14, 2020
Dont worry keep on gambling. When you finally destroy yourself then you will stop.
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by Seikiri1: 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2020
I was able to over come it through genuine repentance.... Give your life to Christ in total submission i.e without any compromise and see the grace of God do the work for you.
And after giving your life to Jesus Christ also make sure you remove anything that is related to betting from your phone, don't go to betting shops for any reason either to charge phone or any other reason.
You will see,it will be a thing of the past.

Mind you, giving your life to Christ is a decision that has to come from your heart genuinely else it won't work, you might be tempted on several occasions to try it after giving your life to Jesus Christ but if you can over come it my brother you will never regret it because you will be one of the happiest person on Earth.
I pray that God Almighty give you the grace need to start and finish this journey....God bless you.
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by JavieCoentr: 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
BennieRush:
Give all the money to another person to manage with them and give you every day for your needs. I had this problem some years ago and I did the same and I forgot about gambling for some years. However, I have a big passion for gambling and this period made me come back to slot online on qqangpao.com but I put a limit for me and this works. If I lose more than $50 per day I will not play a month but I had luck and I win and this was surprising for me. Now I collected a good sum and I want to buy something for a person who helped me some years ago that I didn't lose all the money.
Dude, can you share some more feedback about this?
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 27, 2020
kingvick09 get busy!!!!! Limit staying around ppl who are gamblers eg tolu121 trollmaster 9blive,get g.f and friends wey go dey give u beta orientation about money management.
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by Vecto(m): 8:42am On Apr 27, 2020
internationalman:

Masturbation is like Lionel Messi; it is in a world of its own. Non on the list can compare.

It's so because it's the easiest to do among all.

Speaking from experience lgrin grin
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by TrollMaster: 8:59am On Apr 27, 2020
TheRealProphet:
kingvick09 get busy!!!!! Limit staying around ppl who are gamblers eg tolu121 trollmaster 9blive,get g.f and friends wey go dey give u beta orientation about money management.
Cc Tolu121
9PBLIVE

Lets help the she Male TheRealProphet

Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 27, 2020
TrollMaster:
Cc Tolu121
9PBLIVE

Lets help the she Male TheRealProphet
Therealprophet the she male, the addicted gambler.
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 27, 2020
TheRealProphet:
kingvick09 get busy!!!!! Limit staying around ppl who are gamblers eg tolu121 trollmaster ,get g.f and friends wey go dey give u beta orientation about money management.
Latest bobrisky in town, DSS go soon catch you
Re: I Need Help!!(advice) On How To Quit Gambling by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
9PBLIVE:
Latest bobrisky in town, DSS go soon catch you
bobrisky kill you there.

(1) (Reply)

6 Months HVAC Training Scholarship Or My 50k Sanitization Officer Job? / Free Forex Training / Wealth:how On 11.45am,11th Day This 11th Month Got His Health Lead To Wealth!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.