Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,395 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal (129875 Views)

LOST IN UNIPORT (a Story Of Vengeance, Crime And Betrayal) ft chimexplosive / Crown Of Thorns - A Story Of Love, Hatred, Lust And Adventure / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by chisiudeh: 8:06am On Aug 11, 2018
Welcome bro.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by mercyymai(f): 9:38am On Aug 11, 2018
Hmmm! U and this ur pinshure update that is not even enough to cover all the days we have waited. Pls if j want to continue posting g the small update, make it regular.

Anyway! Thanks for the update.

Oh! Abigael is not with him? Wow! That's good. I hope she didn't disagree with bringing the child to Nigeria
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by chigozie1010: 9:45am On Aug 11, 2018
More please...ma guy this story don tey ooooo. grin
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Otarkpa: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
Nice story
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by skimpychick(f): 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
Nice story.
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by nellaz(m): 10:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
very beautiful update you got this one, now the suspense is much everyone will be eager to see more updates floating in, kudos o.p
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Otarkpa: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
Hey what happened to the update here
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
true true love dey make some men go blind
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Madera001(m): 4:34am On Aug 16, 2018
THE ENEMY WITHIN - EXPOSED

EPISODE 13 .....THE CONCLUSION

‘What’s the issue? What is going on in the US?’ Abigail finally let out her inquisition. I narrated the whole story to her and I was surprised at her reaction. She wanted us to book a flight almost immediately and head for the airport ‘I knew those two were bad for each other, they absolutely lack self control whenever they are around each other, drinking excessively, doing drugs, bar fighting, and a whole lot of irresponsible behaviors, that is why our dad couldn’t bear to live with the thought of the two of them together’ Abigail was venting, she doesn’t seem to be taking the news lightly. I on the other hand was just happy I could get to be with those children again.

Prior to the call, I had tried to put my life back together. I moved back to my house, yes! The one I used to live with my now defunct family. Andral didn’t want any fight anymore, so she just called me up herself telling me she is relinquishing the house to me. Not that she could have won the fight though, I bought the house myself and in my own name, just that she knew I may never come back to ask for the keys mainly for the sake of the kids I once called mine. As a matter of fact, the house my father in law bought for me in Gbagada is still uninhabited so why fight?

I had also resigned from my job at my father in law’s firm. I still somehow blame him for this whole hiatus and I couldn’t bear working with or for him anymore. I started a Human Resource Center of my own which within 2 years had grown into a multi-million naira outfit with the help of a few friends, Abigail and the contacts I had while working for my father in-law.

Abigail had taken over the firm I left and every other firm owned by her father, the man could no longer run those firms due to the partial stroke he has been battling with since he disowned Andral.

My relationship with Abigail has been kept on the low so far, we couldn’t bring ourselves to tell anyone. At least not my father in-law who we fear may just die from the news, or his wife who has had to battle with the sorrow of losing a daughter due to the stubbornness of her husband and still had to take care of a dying husband, she has too much on her plate and we couldn’t afford to add another to it. I, on my part, am scared to my bones just imagining how my mother would react. In fact she had warned me to stay far away from this family; she was part of the reasons I had to resign my position at the firm. Telling her about me and Abigail is the last thing I want to do right now.

Other than the secrecy of our relationship, life generally has been good, I make more money than I was making before, I finally get to be with the girl who has loved me right from her teenage years, I get to travel round the world, meet new people and establishing more business grounds. Life has really been good! Only the likes of Mr. Patrick and Jide could not say the same thing about life. After their case dragged on for almost a year in court, the judge finally gave his verdict: 25years imprisonment each for both of them for fraud and other crimes related to what they did. I doubt if they could echo my sentiment about life, I seriously doubt it.

By mid night Tuesday we (I and Abigail) were already at the JFK airport, New York City and by Tuesday morning we were already at the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department at 3675 E Harmon Avenue. By Thursday, I was granted the full custody of both Isabella and Caleb and without wasting much time I flew them back to Nigeria just 3days later.

This recent twist of event reassured me that the only way to live is the way of God. I’m not trying to sound like a preacher. There are events that may cause one to ask questions about life, make you wonder why mankind was created. You ask yourself: what is the purpose of life? Why are we here? And sometimes, you ask: is there really a God who cares about man? If yes; why does he allows so much injustice, violence, immorality and hatred?. This story is one of those.

I was on the edge. If anything else had gone wrong in my life, I could have lost it; my sanity, religion and believe. I could have lost them all. I guess God knows my strength and limit, he didn’t allow my trials go beyond what I can bear.

Looking at those kids, I promised myself, I will do whatever it takes to keep them safe, I will never let them out of my sight and like Abigail told me on the day I signed those custody papers, I may not be their biological father, but I am their real father, the one ordained by God himself.

I, Abigail and the kids settled in seamlessly. You need to see the joy on Isabella’s face when she got home; she made me swear to her that I will not let Nnamdi and her mother take them away ever again. I did. We had so much fun together, we became so happy together that nothing could have made us all sad as long as we are together, not even the news that both Andral and Nnamdi were eventually given some years behind bars. Nnamdi was given 5years for illegal possession of firearms, and 3years for possession of illegal drugs. Both sentences were to run simultaneously while Andral got just a year for being an accomplice after Nnamdi claimed that both illegal items found on them belonged to him. It was said though that Andral did try to help Nnamdi escape arrest.

When the news got to us, I looked at Isabella’s face, she couldn’t have cared less, and you will think the news was about the price of male boxers short. She just continued sipping her juice while swinging from front to back on the swing we have in the garden at the back. She had told me earlier about the severe molestation she received from her new father and her mother’s i-don’t-care attitude towards it. She even told me how Caleb was left with her alone at home for nights on several occasions. I felt for the girl.

See how the tables have turned. Who would have thought from the onset that I am actually the victim when I was presumed by family members and friends to be the real Enemy Within and who would have guessed that my wife lived with me for over five years based on the hope that someday soon I will be no more and she would have been the murderer and the poor widow?
It’s true what they say: one ENEMY WITHIN your house is worse than a hundred enemies outside.

THE END

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Ann2012(f): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2018
Wow.....Kudos Madera001

It was worth reading and I learnt a lot from it.
Happy ending at last smiley
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by KpagoGIN(m): 8:00am On Aug 16, 2018
one ENEMY WITHIN your house is worse than a thousand herdsmen outside........ learnt a lot, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Fijumokesayo(f): 8:45am On Aug 16, 2018
Wow! Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us dear, God bless you. Looking forward to read another fantastic work from you, please mention me when you start.

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Uniquechild(f): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2018
A man's real enemy is the member of his household. Thanks for this. Looking forward to another interesting piece from you. God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by izaray(f): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2018
Wonderful story, thanks Op have really learnt alot from your story

More grace to ur elbow kudos!!

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by mercyymai(f): 11:52am On Aug 16, 2018
Wow!!! Although it take a decade to come to an end.

It is so nice

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Madera001(m): 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
will definitely do that. you can catch the next sequel in my other comedy story THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - WAKA WAKA......starts tommorrow
Fijumokesayo:
Wow! Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us dear, God bless you. Looking forward to read another fantastic work from you, please mention me when you start.

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Rockyrascal(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2018
What an intriguing story, full of suspense and relatively connected with our life events. this wonderful story is more than fictional...GOD BLESS YOU MANDERA!
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by YINKS89(m): 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
A job well done....kudos
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Madera001(m): 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thanks a lot. I do appreciate that. Please show the same support for my lover Story: THR CHRONICLE OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO
Rockyrascal:
What an intriguing story, full of suspense and relatively connected with our life events. this wonderful story is more than fictional...GOD BLESS YOU MADERA!

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by tomgab(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
please Madera, u be Jehovah witness?

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by diaryOfpersius(m): 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nice one bro..... Can we now kantinue the other ones.......
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Light1259: 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
nice write up
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by harjibolar10(m): 12:27am On Aug 17, 2018
You're welcome
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Banje101(m): 2:36am On Aug 17, 2018
Woow nice. Nice one broo

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by DeeJayBrown(m): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
Wooooooow!!!!!! It's the best story so far I have read on Nairaland. I can't appreciate you enough. But brother keep up the good work, May your stories be read by generations to come. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by chorlay: 8:07am On Aug 18, 2018
really enjoyed my self with this nice piece,
good story. more lessons to be learnt in the story. we should all look around us carefully and pray God reveals the real enemies within u to us on tym

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by bukola89(f): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2018
Wow,nice one

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Madera001(m): 5:15am On Aug 19, 2018
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - WAKA WAKA IS NOW ON, GO CHECK IT OUT AND DON'T FORGET TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by stevodot22(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2018
Well-done madera, enemy within one's home could bring so much mishaps and prolong problems, but with prayers and hard work you will definitely overcome.

1 Like

Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Madera001(m): 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
Amen
DeeJayBrown:
Wooooooow!!!!!! It's the best story so far I have read on Nairaland. I can't appreciate you enough. But brother keep up the good work, May your stories be read by generations to come. grin grin
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by kdavid07(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
WOW. THANK YOU FOR FINISHING THE STORY
Re: The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal by Attackerokenwa: 11:13am On Aug 20, 2018
I enjoyed the story job well done

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here / A Night That Destroyed Me.....sex Story / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.