Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators (30373 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / 2019: What Buhari Told Miyetti Allah In Aso-rock Today (PHOTOS) / Saraki: What Buhari, Oshiomhole, APC Lawmakers Plan To Do Today – Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by dre11(m): 7:06am On May 26, 2018
By Ismail Mudashir

President Muhammadu Buhari in clear terms told senators who went to seek his intervention over the face-off between the Senate President, Bukola Saraki and the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, that all public officers should be allowed to perform their duties in line with the law.

Sources told Daily Trust that the president who spoke to the senators for only about five minutes said he was firm about his belief that public institutions should be allowed to function without interference from any quarter.

A delegation from the Senate on Tuesday met with the president at the Presidential Villa over the outcry by Saraki that the IGP had transferred some suspected cultists being interrogated in Kwara State to Abuja to frame him up.

The Senate leader, Ahmad Lawan (APC,Yobe) who led the delegation, told newsmen at the end of the meeting that the president said he had taken note and would to take appropriate action on the matter.

The sources said though the delegation spent about an hour speaking on their mission, the president’s response lasted only about five minutes.

Daily Trust gathered that the salient point of the president’s response was his resolution not to interfere on the responsibilities of other arms and that the executive should be allowed to function based on the rule of law.

The president, one of the sources said, told the delegation of how interference by the executive arm in previous administrations undermined the judiciary.

A source said the president who spoke about his experiences in courts over election matters, said he does not interfere in the activities of any other arm of government.

“However, he told us on this one he would see what he can do,” a source who attended meeting said.

A lawmaker said the reception by the president was an indication that the message they went with was well received.

“In parliamentary parlance, the message was well received. After the meeting we spent about 30 minutes exchanging pleasantries and handshakes with the president.

This is to tell you that the mission was accomplished. Otherwise, immediately after the meeting, he (the president) would just return without waiting for photos and what have you,” he said.

Another source said the president told the lawmakers that he does not dabble on any issue that is in court.

“It wasn’t a successful outing for our colleagues, otherwise why would the president only say he had taken note and that he does not interfere on investigation. It is only the guilty that is afraid. If not, the burden of proof is on the prosecution.

Nobody is above the law and nobody should be above it, “ the ranking lawmaker said.

He said the main cause of the face-off was
that: “He (Saraki) wants to be giving orders to the IGP like the president, and that cannot be possible.”

It would be recalled that a member of the delegation, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, told newsmen after the meeting that the row between Saraki and the IGP was about politics.

Adamu, a former governor of Nasarawa State, said there was no need for them to meet with the president on the issue since a senior police officer in Kwara State had said Saraki’s name was not mentioned.

Tuesday’s meeting was the second time the issue of the IGP and the Senate were taken to the president. On May 7, Saraki and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, met with the president over the refusal of the IGP to appear before the Senate.

Trice, the IGP who was summoned over the arrest of Senator Dino Melaye (APC,Kogi) and killings in parts of the country, had snubbed the Senate. On Wednesday, a day after the meeting of the senate delegation with Buhari, the IGP repeated same when the security chiefs appeared before the Senate at plenary.

The police chief was represented by the Deputy Inspector General of Police (Operations), Habila Joshak. Unlike previous occasions when Joshak was sent back when he represented the IGP, he was allowed to participate in the security chiefs meeting with the Senate on Wednesday.

How IGP- Senate face-off started

The trouble between the IGP and the Senate started last year when he had a running battle with Senator Isah Hamma Misau (APC,Bauchi) over alleged corruption in the police force.
Misau, a retired police officer and the IGP engaged in a war of words that led to the institution of legal actions.

A panel of the Senate probing the matter summoned the IGP but after several uproars, he appeared but declined to speak, saying the matter was before the country.

It was before that could settle down that the issue of Senator Dino Melaye (APC,Kogi) started. Enraged by the way and manner Melaye was treated, the Senate summoned the IGP.

Melaye and Misau are among the top diehard loyalists of Saraki at the Senate. Melaye aside being the one who seconded the motion for the nomination of Saraki as the Senate President on June 9, 2015 when the National Assembly was inaugurated, he is regarded as a “Saraki boy” by his colleagues in the Upper chamber.

The refusal of the IGP to honor the invitation led the Senate to declare him as an enemy of democracy and unfit to hold public office in Nigeria and abroad.

As the issues of Misau and Melaye were trending, Saraki himself raised an alarm that the IGP was plotting to frame him up over the Senate’s declaration that he (IGP) was an enemy of democracy.

Saraki said: “In my own view, this plot is an act of desperation, blackmail, intimidation, abuse of office and crude tactics aimed at turning our country into a police state where top officials cannot be made to obey the law, follow due process and subject themselves to constituted authorities”.

On the same day Saraki raised the alarm, the Deputy Minority Leader, Emmanuel Bwacha (PDP, Taraba) narrated how policemen were withdrawn from him while travelling to Jos over his remark on the IGP on the floor of the Senate.

He told his colleagues: “I was travelling from Abuja to Jos with policemen I requested legitimately through a route that is notorious for kidnapping and killings. While getting to Jos, the commander of the mobile police called them and said, ‘withdraw from him and go to the nearest police station’.

“They told me that they needed to withdraw, that they had the instruction to leave me alone. I stopped there because I was afraid, I decided to let them leave so that they won’t know where I would lodge.

So, I left them. They went to the nearest police station, abandoned me there. The next day, I managed to drive back to Abuja in fear.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/igp-vs-saraki-what-buhari-told-senators-252529.html

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by omowolewa: 7:09am On May 26, 2018
that all public officers should be allowed to perform their duties in line with the law.

Nice clearance for IGP

44 Likes

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Firefire(m): 7:10am On May 26, 2018
I laugh.

In same manner, Buhary & or his cronies should not interfere if in 2019 election.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:12am On May 26, 2018
Really?

It is well

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Baawaa(m): 7:14am On May 26, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari in clear terms told senators who went to seek his intervention over the face-off between the Senate President, Bukola Saraki and the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, that all public officers should be allowed to perform their duties in line with the law.

Sources told Daily Trust that the president who spoke to the senators for only about five minutes said he was firm about his belief that public institutions should be allowed to function without interference from any quarter.
Saraki don enter one chance grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by espn(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2018
So you are afraid of bin kidnapped... What of thousands of Nigerians that ply that route daily...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by OfficialAwol(m): 7:57am On May 26, 2018
Saraki my guy.

Nigeria will be better for it if Saraki should become president. Such an intelligent guy.

Don't say he's corrupt because APC told you so. When would you see beyond the garb?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Ovamboland(m): 8:06am On May 26, 2018
“They told me that they needed to withdraw, that they had the instruction to leave me alone. I stopped there because I was afraid, I decided to let them leave so that they won’t know where I would lodge.

So, I left them. They went to the nearest police station, abandoned me there. The next day, I

You see the type of person people we allow to determine what the future of our country will look like?
They know what they've done and are afraid to even thread on the roads. They don't even care we have no choice but to walk the same roads without additional security.

16 Likes

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by JoeShiGma(m): 9:35am On May 26, 2018
God! I need a JOB
Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Narldon: 9:36am On May 26, 2018

The way ATM Ejects Debit card after withdrawing 1k is very disrespectful.

I had to pick mine from the floor yesterday.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Bossontop(m): 9:36am On May 26, 2018
undecided
All nigerian politicians at all levels are corrupt thieving asshôles......fullstop....including the police

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by emaculate99: 9:37am On May 26, 2018
Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by darocha1: 9:38am On May 26, 2018
Uninterrupted power supply now within your reach

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:38am On May 26, 2018
Yeah!

All the senators are gun runners and gangbangers!

Especially the ones Booboo don't like!

Ride on, Booboo!

Straight to oblivion!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Temple1288(m): 9:39am On May 26, 2018
Transmitters!

1 Like

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Daniel058(m): 9:39am On May 26, 2018
Cry cry babies, Corrupt men afraid of being called out...

Mr president, no try interven abeg

Make that wind blow

Na so Apc go dey scatter dey go..

1 Like

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Nobody: 9:40am On May 26, 2018
omowolewa:
that all public officers should be allowed to perform their duties in line with the law.

Nice clearance for IGP

1 Like

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Nobody: 9:40am On May 26, 2018
Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by santakris(m): 9:42am On May 26, 2018
Many might have forgotten that the current IG , Idris was the CP of Kano State when Buhari polled 2Million votes and Jonathan only 150,000 in the last 2015 election.
The then INEC Returning Officer in Kano was burnt to death together with his family in their home, immediately after the election and the result announced.

Till date no arrest nor anything found as the cause of the fire .

NOW HEAR THIS:-
As if it is a payback for a job well done,CP Idris was promoted to IGP over 12 other senior CPs, over 22 senior AIGs, and of course over the 7 most senior DIG police officers to become IGP immediately Buhari was sworn in.

Every other officer that was senior to CP Idris was retired just to make way for the now IG Idris to occupy this highest position.

Corruption is not only when you embezzled money.
There are several forms of corruption that has become cankerworm in our governance, nepotism is one of them. Comr Ohinoyi Mathew Okene wrote :

Idris Ibrahim was a CP in Kano during the 2015 election. That was in March 2015. How did he become Inspector Gen by March, 2016?
CP - AIG - DIG - IGP. Classical corruption from Buhari. FACTS DON'T LIE
Here is the list of the AIGs that were retired to make former Kano state commissioner of police, Idris Ibrahim, the IGP:

1 Bala A Hassan
2.Yahaya Garba Ardo
3. Irmiya F Yarima
4. Danladi Y Mshebwala
5. Tambari Y. Mohammed
6..Bala Magaji Nasarawa
7. MUsa Abdulsalam
8. Adisa Bolanta
9. Mohammed J Gana
10. Umaru Abubakar Manko
11. Lawal Tanko
12. Olufemi A. Adenaike
13. Johson A Ogunsakin
14. Adenrele T. Shinaba
15. James O. Caulcrick
16 Olufefemi David Ogumbayode
17. Edgar T Nanakumo
18. Kalafite H. Adeyemi
19. Patrick D Dokumor
20. Mbu Joseph Mbu
21. Sabo Ibrahim Ringim.

21of them
ALL the 7 DIGs were also retired. That was a lot of heads to roll for one man's. Remember also that Kano INEC returning officer, with his whole family, was burnt to death. Till date the case has not seen the light of day. All the registered voters in Kano for 2015 presidential election voted 100% for APC. No single invalid vote, no card reader malfunction. Go figure

Please note that I am not saying anything other than supplying facts.

Dazzall.

#COPIED

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Joemetry(m): 9:43am On May 26, 2018
ME JOEMETRY, PUT MYSELF IN CONFUSION WITH THIS TRANSMISSION EPISTLE?

TUFIYAKWA !!!

I LIBIUK YOU...
Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by oshe11: 9:43am On May 26, 2018
Dead men tell no tales....
Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Jesusloveyou: 9:46am On May 26, 2018
Tell me why buhari is not the best president so far.

But the jobless evil idiotic pigs of Biafra love corrupt people
OfficialAwol:
Saraki my guy.

Nigeria will be better for it if Saraki should become president. Such an intelligent guy

Don't say he's corrupt because APC told you so. When would you see beyond the garb?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by saintol(m): 9:47am On May 26, 2018
It is only the guilty that is afraid. If not, the burden of proof is on the prosecution.

4 Likes

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by Joemetry(m): 9:48am On May 26, 2018
Narldon:

The way ATM Ejects Debit card after withdrawing 1k is very disrespectful.

I had to pick mine from the floor yesterday.

All for the likes, I have given you mine anyways...

Now feel good, okay bye.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by obinoral1179(m): 9:53am On May 26, 2018
Requested for security legitimately, on whose expense

1 Like

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by yahmohy27: 9:56am On May 26, 2018
JoeShiGma:
God! I need a JOB
My only concern too

2 Likes

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by enonche85(m): 9:57am On May 26, 2018
espn:
So you are afraid of bin kidnapped... What of thousands of Nigerians that ply that route daily...

Why won't he be afraid?, is he not human?, or because he's a senator he should not be afraid abi he's immune to kidnapping?.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by DaudaAbu(m): 10:00am On May 26, 2018
Good.why would you like him to interfere.

Who would interfere when common citizens hav issues with the police

3 Likes

Re: IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators by farmsata(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2018
santakris:
Many might have forgotten that the current IG , Idris was the CP of Kano State when Buhari polled 2Million votes and Jonathan only 150,000 in the last 2015 election.
The then INEC Returning Officer in Kano was burnt to death together with his family in their home, immediately after the election and the result announced.

Till date no arrest nor anything found as the cause of the fire .

NOW HEAR THIS:-
As if it is a payback for a job well done,CP Idris was promoted to IGP over 12 other senior CPs, over 22 senior AIGs, and of course over the 7 most senior DIG police officers to become IGP immediately Buhari was sworn in.

Every other officer that was senior to CP Idris was retired just to make way for the now IG Idris to occupy this highest position.

Corruption is not only when you embezzled money.
There are several forms of corruption that has become cankerworm in our governance, nepotism is one of them. Comr Ohinoyi Mathew Okene wrote :

Idris Ibrahim was a CP in Kano during the 2015 election. That was in March 2015. How did he become Inspector Gen by March, 2016?
CP - AIG - DIG - IGP. Classical corruption from Buhari. FACTS DON'T LIE
Here is the list of the AIGs that were retired to make former Kano state commissioner of police, Idris Ibrahim, the IGP:

1 Bala A Hassan
2.Yahaya Garba Ardo
3. Irmiya F Yarima
4. Danladi Y Mshebwala
5. Tambari Y. Mohammed
6..Bala Magaji Nasarawa
7. MUsa Abdulsalam
8. Adisa Bolanta
9. Mohammed J Gana
10. Umaru Abubakar Manko
11. Lawal Tanko
12. Olufemi A. Adenaike
13. Johson A Ogunsakin
14. Adenrele T. Shinaba
15. James O. Caulcrick
16 Olufefemi David Ogumbayode
17. Edgar T Nanakumo
18. Kalafite H. Adeyemi
19. Patrick D Dokumor
20. Mbu Joseph Mbu
21. Sabo Ibrahim Ringim.

21of them
ALL the 7 DIGs were also retired. That was a lot of heads to roll for one man's. Remember also that Kano INEC returning officer, with his whole family, was burnt to death. Till date the case has not seen the light of day. All the registered voters in Kano for 2015 presidential election voted 100% for APC. No single invalid vote, no card reader malfunction. Go figure

Please note that I am not saying anything other than supplying facts.

Dazzall.

#COPIED

Bunch of lies

Idris served as Commissioner of Police Kano State Command from 7th July 2011 to 16th February 2013.

AIG Idris was in charge of Operations at the Force Headquarters before his appointment as the Acting Inspector-General of Police.

19 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-IGP Tafa Balogun Is Dead / Tinubu: APC Presidential Rally In Ogun State (Pictures) / Funny Comic Strip (pics) About Nigeria Politics (will Be Update Every 48hours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.