Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated (1142 Views)

How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful / The Bible Is Outdated / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by Melvyn11: 7:36am On May 26, 2018
1. Introduction

1.1. Christians often assert that their
fundamental proof for the existence of god is
based on thesefour basic ideas:

- - Their personal relationship with god

- - The bible

- - The god’s acts and miracles and

- - the god frame of reference

Whilst we cannot prove whether the first point
is true because it’s subjective and the opinion
of the individual, let’s examine the second,
third and fourth points.

2.1. The bible: contradictions, inconsistencies,
absurdities and flaws

Christians refer to the bible as god’s holy word
and it is the primary tool used by christians to
support god’s existence. Well, let’s critically
examine this book to evaluate whether there is
any truth to this notion. If the bible was truly
revealed to man by god and since god is
perfect and all-knowing, the bible should be
- - without error, inconsistency,
contradiction, flaw

- - be written in a coherent and lucid
manner;

- - should be accurate and
- - contain advanced information that
would not be known to primitive man

Comment on Bible verses that are
contradictory, inconsistent, absurd and
flawed

1. Old Testament, Book of genesis, Verse 1:3-
And God said, Let there be light: and there
was light.
Old Testament, Book of genesis, Verses1:14-
And God said, Let there be lights in the
firmament of the heaven to divide the day
from the night; and let them be for signs, and
for seasons, and for days, and years:
Old Testament, Book of genesis, Verse 1:15-
And let them be for lights inthe firmament of
the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it
was so.
Old Testament, Book of genesis, Verse 1:16-
And God made two great lights; the greater
light to rule the day, and the lesser light to
rule the night: he made the stars also.
Comment: Its common knowledge that the sun
provides light, so the bible is incorrect because
the light could only have been provided by the
sun.In addition, the moon is not a light but
merely reflects the sun’s light. Stars, although
not visible with the naked eye, shine during
the day and not only at night as stated in the
bible. The bible is therefore wholly incorrect
with respect to the sun, moon and stars. The
bible only covers the creation of the sun,
earth, moon and stars whilst nothing is
mentioned about the other planets, galaxies or
the universe. In addition, the bible states that
god created the sun, moon and stars (i.e. past
tense) when science has proven that the
universe is currently growing therefore more
planetary bodies are being created.
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by AshCoded(m): 7:43am On May 26, 2018
Melvyn11:
1. Introduction

- - The bible

third and fourth points.

absurdities and flaws

contradiction, flaw

manner;

flawed

was light.
was so.

chaii...I pity u
so basically u don't believe that there is God....

ur place in hell is special.... Specially created fr u nd ur Name written boldly at the entrance.

May God forgive me too cos I dnt have the right to judge.
God forgive me.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by AtYourCervix: 7:46am On May 26, 2018
AshCoded:

chaii...I pity u

ur place in hell is special.... Specially created fr u nd ur Name written boldly at the entrance.

God forgive me.

Do you think you're safe from hell if it exists? what if you follow Jesus and find out islam is the true religion? aren't you heading to the same hell?
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by 0temSapien: 7:55am On May 26, 2018
AshCoded:

chaii...I pity u

God forgive me.
God ALMIGHTY, the creator of Allah and Yahweh didn't make hell fire for human being, so stop saying what you don't know. God isn't wicked and evil. Where did you get the idea that God will burn people in fire from?
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by AshCoded(m): 7:59am On May 26, 2018
AtYourCervix:

Do you think you're safe from hell if it exists? what if you follow Jesus and find out islam is the true religion? aren't you heading to the same hell?

hmmm....u r kinda ryt...

nd am a Muslim sha....both islam nd Christianity I believe we serve D same God jst DAT the ways nd means r different nd the believes r diff.

bt itz better to b on a side than sitting on the fence which is nt believing that there is God...DAT is D worse

if itz true DAT out of the two religions one is the ryt way nd the other is nt...itz better to Gamble nd take the risk of picking one Dan doing ntn.
who knows, at the IR choice might be ryt.

bt I believe both r D ryt way...moreover serving God is from the heart nt by wat u do or say.

everything is from the heart nd Mind.
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by AtYourCervix: 8:01am On May 26, 2018
AshCoded:

hmmm....u r kinda ryt...

nd am a Muslim sha....both islam nd Christianity I believe we serve D same God jst DAT the ways nd means r different nd the believes r diff.

bt itz better to b on a side than sitting on the fence which is nt believing that there is God...DAT is D worse

if itz true DAT out of the two religions one is the ryt way nd the other is nt...itz better to Gamble nd take the risk of picking one Dan doing ntn.
who knows, at the IR choice might be ryt.

bt I believe both r D ryt way...moreover serving God is from the heart nt by wat u do or say.

everything is from the heart nd Mind.

Hmmmm I'd let you off the hook because you give me the impression of someone who hasn't discussed with atheists before

Forgive me for assuming you're a Christian

1 Like

Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by SOFTENGR: 8:13am On May 26, 2018
AtYourCervix:

That's why no reasonable person believe in that trash called hell fire.
It's only in a jungle justice that a person is burnt with fire.
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by CAPSLOCKED: 8:33am On May 26, 2018
SOFTENGR:
That's why no reasonable person believe in that trash called hell fire. It's only in a jungle justice that a person is burnt with fire.
WHAT ABOUT FIRE ACCIDENTS IN THE HOMES OR ROADS? undecided
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by butterflylion: 8:41am On May 26, 2018
Melvyn11:
1. Introduction

- - The bible

Christians do not assert this, you claim they do. Your premise is wrong so your entire argument is already on legs you are shaking.

third and fourth points.

The first point is actually objective for a true christian and not subjective and is also not an opinion but a right based on a newly derived and true way of life so again your table is shaking.

absurdities and flaws

This is as stale as a 2 week bread. There is no contradiction or inconsistency in scripture. Just either inadequate information or views from diverse parties who witnessed the same event which none denied ever happened.

contradiction, flaw

manner;

Again as I said before, there is no error. Also, regarding it being written in a coherent and lucid manner, do you think if the scriptures were revealed to people in wales or people in Poland they would write it in a language which is foreign to them? The bible was written originally in Greek and Hebrew and translated to English by other men. There are words in Greek and Hebrew which English words cannot adequately translate so they end up using words that come closest to such translations. So in order to such understanding to be proper you need to make reference to the original Greek or Hebrew words or phrases and get the true context of the meanings then even if an English word was used to translate it, you would get a better view of the limitation of the English word and expand on it.

The Bible is already advanced as it is because it is talking about another dimension outside of man and outside of the earth. That alone is beyond all human knowledge and will continue to be so. This information remains unknown to primitive man. Plus it also talks about healing by verbal command and other verbally commanded exploits which man is still primitive to. It also talks about stuff like walking on water, being fire retardent despite not having on clothes for such a purpose, it talks about time travel, it talks about telekinesis, it talks about visual abilities etc. All which are still unknown to primitive man.

flawed

was light.
was so.

There is zero error there.

Its also common scientific knowledge that this greater light, which is the sun actually is primarily responsible for the seasons and weather we have on earth and it was based on the position of the sun that earths time is calculated and was actually the origin of your clock or wristwatch today.

When it called the moon the lesser light it also meant the indeed the moon was to be a light in the night but not that it actually generates its own light but acts as a reflector for the light of the sun. That alone makes it a light since it was designed with a surface the is able to reflect about 12% of the suns light.

The bible simply said "and the stars also". You are the one who is talking about the stars shining during the day and during the night. For your information since you are so ignorant, the stars are so far away from our planet earth that what you call day here is not so where they are. The bible did not assign any role to the stars but simply to shine so where then is your claim of its inaccuracies coming from?

Regarding galaxies and planets, the bible says and God made the " heavens" and the earth. In Hebrew the word for heavens translates to planets, stars, galaxies, and so on. So saying the bible says nothing about galaxies and other planets shows that you need to do what I said in point one above which would cure your ignorance.

The hebrew word for heavens is shawmahyim and it literally translates to heaven, heavens, sky, visible heavens, sky as abode of the stars
as the visible universe, the sky, atmosphere,
etc

Because shawmahyim is all encompassing, its difficult to translate it to English so English translators try to use the next best words to explain it and they often fall short.

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by Melvyn11: 10:20am On May 26, 2018
2.2. Proof that god is not all powerful and perfect

The fact that man is fallible is proof that god is not all powerful since his assumed limitless ability means that what he created should have been perfect in all aspects. God displays pleasure, anger, disappointment, regret and other human emotions.
God destroys mankind and beast, with exception of the ark’s occupants, with the great flood and was driven by anger. How can an all perfect spiritual being display humancharacteristics and still be regarded as the enlightened deity it is purported to be?
The assigned human attributes to god serves as the proof that god was created by humans according to how humans perceived themselves and is therefore a figment of man’s imagination. More specifically the male father figure attributes assigned to god clearly demonstrates that god was designed around the male father figure.

Furthermore god is portrayed as having human attributes whilst simultaneously is given non- human attributes. The concept of god is therefore materially flawed since he is described as a supreme deity whilst simultaneously possession human attributes. Such a weak godly design can only be the creation of humans.
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by Melvyn11: 10:25am On May 26, 2018
butterflylion:

Christians do not assert this, you claim they do. Your premise is wrong so your entire argument is already on legs you are shaking.

The first point is actually objective for a true christian and not subjective and is also not an opinion but a right based on a newly derived and true way of life so again your table is shaking.

This is as stale as a 2 week bread. There is no contradiction or inconsistency in scripture. Just either inadequate information or views from diverse parties who witnessed the same event which none denied ever happened.

Again as I said before, there is no error. Also, regarding it being written in a coherent and lucid manner, do you think if the scriptures were revealed to people in wales or people in Poland they would write it in a language which is foreign to them? The bible was written originally in Greek and Hebrew and translated to English by other men. There are words in Greek and Hebrew which English words cannot adequately translate so they end up using words that come closest to such translations. So in order to such understanding to be proper you need to make reference to the original Greek or Hebrew words or phrases and get the true context of the meanings then even if an English word was used to translate it, you would get a better view of the limitation of the English word and expand on it.

The Bible is already advanced as it is because it is talking about another dimension outside of man and outside of the earth. That alone is beyond all human knowledge and will continue to be so. This information remains unknown to primitive man. Plus it also talks about healing by verbal command and other verbally commanded exploits which man is still primitive to. It also talks about stuff like walking on water, being fire retardent despite not having on clothes for such a purpose, it talks about time travel, it talks about telekinesis, it talks about visual abilities etc. All which are still unknown to primitive man.

There is zero error there.

Its also common scientific knowledge that this greater light, which is the sun actually is primarily responsible for the seasons and weather we have on earth and it was based on the position of the sun that earths time is calculated and was actually the origin of your clock or wristwatch today.

When it called the moon the lesser light it also meant the indeed the moon was to be a light in the night but not that it actually generates its own light but acts as a reflector for the light of the sun. That alone makes it a light since it was designed with a surface the is able to reflect about 12% of the suns light.

The bible simply said "and the stars also". You are the one who is talking about the stars shining during the day and during the night. For your information since you are so ignorant, the stars are so far away from our planet earth that what you call day here is not so where they are. The bible did not assign any role to the stars but simply to shine so where then is your claim of its inaccuracies coming from?

Regarding galaxies and planets, the bible says and God made the " heavens" and the earth. In Hebrew the word for heavens translates to planets, stars, galaxies, and so on. So saying the bible says nothing about galaxies and other planets shows that you need to do what I said in point one above which would cure your ignorance.

The hebrew word for heavens is shawmahyim and it literally translates to heaven, heavens, sky, visible heavens, sky as abode of the stars
as the visible universe, the sky, atmosphere,
etc

Because shawmahyim is all encompassing, its difficult to translate it to English so English translators try to use the next best words to explain it and they often fall short.

There is nothing divine or awe-inspiring about
the bible. The bible is nothing but a collection
of badly written stories that has been
combined and declared to be the word of god.
Yes, it contains a good number of universals
truths but that's the extent of its usefulness.
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by butterflylion: 10:31am On May 26, 2018
Melvyn11:

There is nothing divine or awe-inspiring about
the bible. The bible is nothing but a collection
of badly written stories that has been
combined and declared to be the word of god.
Yes, it contains a good number of universals
truths but that's the extent of its usefulness.

So says your obviously ignorant self . Those stories you claim are badly written have been the focus of interest by billions worldwide and including you. If it was indeed so badly written it wouldnt have caught your attention would it?

If you admit that it contains universal truths then that means that even you are subject to those truths and based on this, it is useful to you.
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by Melvyn11: 10:44am On May 26, 2018
butterflylion:

So says your obviously ignorant self . Those stories you claim are badly written have been the focus of interest by billions worldwide and including you. If it was indeed so badly written it wouldnt have caught your attention would it?

If you admit that it contains universal truths then that means that even you are subject to those truths and based on this, it is useful to you.
If god supposedly inspired man
to write the bible, why are there so many
flaws, errors, inconsistency and contradictions
throughout the book? By deductive reasoning it
can be only concluded that thebible with its
flaws, errors, inconsistencies and
shortcomings, is exactly the kind of book that
is expected to be produced by primitive humans
in an effort to provide an explanation to the
questions that they could not have known the
answers to, such as:

- Why and how was the universe created?

- Why and how was life created?

- Why is man the most intelligent of all the
species?

- What is the meaning and purpose of the
life?

The portrayal of god is not even consistent
throughout the bible itself. The old testament
portrays a vindictive, angry, vengeful deity to
whom sacrifices and offerings are brought
Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by butterflylion: 11:01am On May 26, 2018
Melvyn11:

If god supposedly inspired man
to write the bible, why are there so many
flaws, errors, inconsistency and contradictions
throughout the book?

There are no errors and inconsistencies. I don't think you read my first comment to you where I addressed this and understood it. Either that or you have no idea what you are even on about.

[s]By deductive reasoning it
can be only concluded that thebible with its
flaws, errors, inconsistencies and
shortcomings, is exactly the kind of book that
is expected to be produced by primitive humans
in an effort to provide an explanation to the
questions that they could not have known the
answers to, such as:
[/s]

- Why and how was the universe created?

Science called it the big bang which was a by product of an immense energy burst which caused the inflation from a singularity. (A singularity they have no idea what it was, what it contained and why it was even there to begin with.

The bible says that God SAID or God created the universe. Both scenarios speak of a beginning. One talks about a source with certainty while the other also talks about a source but mixed with uncertainty.

Science strives and is still striving to unravel this uncertainty. The bible simply States its position of certainty. How the universe was created shouldn't be our concern because even if we knew how, we still wouldn't be able to create any universe of our own with that information. Regarding why, if we ever find life elsewhere beyond earth then we would know WHY NOT.

- Why and how was life created?

This brings that famous question to mind. "What came first? The chicken or the egg"? If we say the egg, then where did the raw materials needed for the egg to be what it is come from? Was it preexisting?

If we say the chicken, then that means the egg had its raw materials made available first prior to its existence.

This second position would justify the scientific law of causality. Nothing in our existence can come out of nothing and every effect has A FIRST cause.

- Why is man the most intelligent of all the
species?

Why hasn't science been able to answer this question? The bible clearly told us why. God said and let's make man IN OUR IMAGE and after OUR LIKENESS.

God is intelligent obviously, creative, loves , adores, etc and this also justifies the law of causality.

- What is the meaning and purpose of the
life?

Again why hasn't science been able to unravel this mystery to you? I thought they would have done so for you by now. grin

I know my purpose and the meaning of life as given to me by God through his spirit. You should discover yours.

The portrayal of god is not even consistent
throughout the bible itself. The old testament
portrays a vindictive, angry, vengeful deity to
whom sacrifices and offerings are brought

God remains the same. He wasn't vindictive or any of those things you mentioned. He was simply a teacher laying foundations for proper learning.

The old testament is declared by the bible as a shadow of things to come and when Jesus came he is now regarded as THE REALITY of that shadow. So for God to give clear understanding of his lessons being taught, he needed reference points for sake of comparison and those reference points are the comparisons between the old and the new testaments. Based on this comparison we are now to choose which we prefer, JUDGEMENT OR GRACE. HEAVEN OR HELL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by sKeetz(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2018
The great liar and mental gymnast has invaded the thread. Watch as this thread goes to the dogs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated by Dalam0n: 6:56pm On May 26, 2018
sKeetz:
The great lair and mental gymnast has invaded the thread. Watch as this thread goes to the dogs.

He has invaded he thread spweing utter rubbish and telling endless lies. Butterflyliar.

(1) (Reply)

A Christian Is Not A Sinner And A Sinner Is Not A Christian / Darasimi Mike-bamiloye Weds Lawrence Oyor / "And The LORD Had Closed Her Womb"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.