Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful (929 Views)

How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud / Proof That Religion Is A Man-made Device And Why It Is Outdated / The Word Of God Is Powerful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 5:13am On Oct 09, 2022
It is important to understand your enemy in the fullest details, as this will keep you better prepared to defeat that enemy.

And to understand an enemy we must understand it's power.

Religion is dangerously powerful and we must admit this.

I still remember around 2015 when I was in the university, the religion I was practicing held a powerful grip on my mind.

It got to a point that I told of one of the Elders in my church that I feel like it would be much better for me to give all my time to becoming a "better Christian" - which in reality meant spending hours to preach and spread the "goodnews" of my church at the expense of my studies in the university.

Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad in becoming a "better Christian", which in reality might mean a different thing to you depending on the religion you practice.

My results suffered that semester and due to some other unique circumstances, I had to focus more on my studies.

The experience I shared with you above, is a perfect example of how powerful religion can become.

Religion in my own understanding, is highly dependent on dogmas or doctrines.

These doctrines are only a version of an interpretation seen through the eyes of the religion or church doing the interpretation.

Which means for religions like these, there is a clergy-like rank that puts itself up as a channel, prophet or spokesman for GOD.

These religious leaders or interpretators Lord it over the rest of the people and refuse to let them know that in reality, we all have direct access to God.

We don't need any man in between, after all as a Christian you understand that Jesus didn't die for only some group of people, he died for EVERYONE.

But I digress - please note that when I say God, this also means that our definitions might defer.

At this stage of my metamorphosis through personal research and study of ancient history, I understand "God" to be the Infinite Mind behind the entire Cosmos - the source of all things that is everywhere at once.

Since it is every where at once, it therefore means each man and woman is only but a direct image of this infinite mind.

Our concious mind is only but a direct image of this infinite mind and the way we interact with this infinite mind is by THINKING.

Therefore we all agree that God or this "infinite mind" lives in each and every one of us.

We can boldly say that "the sprit of God" lives in each and every one of us.

Imagine my joy the day I realized that this means I have direct access to God!

Since then, I ditched the religion I was practicing.

Why did I ditch them?

All of their doctrines are built on the foundation that there are 8 old guys in New York City who are the "only channel of communication" to God.

They taught me that that only they were the "sons of God" and had the right to tell me what to do so to please God and become a "better Christian".

What makes it worse is that this religion understands the power of religion over the human mind.

They understand the power of consistent indoctrination as the best way to imprint a doctrine or interpretation into the subconscious mind of the rank and file church member.

That is why every Sunday for an hour, we used to have a Question and Answer session where we studied a church journal that is filled to the brim with the doctrines and interpretations of this religion.

When you do something over and over again , it becomes your second nature.

This is how addiction works and it is on this premise that religious doctrines are imprinted into our minds.

Those doctrines I was learning was not helping me realise that in reality, I didn't need those 8 old guys in New York city to find God.

He lives in each and everyone of us!

That is why I say that religion is very powerful.

That is it folks!

Have a great Sunday!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:40am On Oct 09, 2022
Mankind wouldn't have had a need for religion if we can cohabit peacefully, God arranged for humans to come together for worship so that we can all have the same line of thought about what is right or wrong {John 17:22 compare to 1Corinthians 1:10} this is the only way we can cohabit peacefully {John 14:27} the title "GOD" connotes SUPREME BEING and there's no sense in believing in a supreme being in the absence of ORDERLINESS! 1Corinthians 14:33

So religion is very vital in the lives of intelligent beings but then we must find out which of all the existing religions is from God and those that are from man's ideologies! Matthew 7:13-14

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 5:46am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
the title "GOD" connotes SUPREME BEING and there's no sense in believing in a supreme being in the absence of ORDERLINESS!

Who is this Supreme Being you speak about?

Is it Jehovah/Yaweh?

If yes, what are the attributes that makes him the Supreme Being?
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:55am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

Is it Jehovah/Yaweh?

The supreme being is JEHOVAH (YAHWEH)

How do we define SUPREME?

According to the dictionary:

Dominant, having power over all others.
Greatest, most excellent, extreme, most superior, highest, or utmost. supreme disgust; supreme courage. Situated at the highest part or point.

So when talking about the one who is supreme the only way to define such a person is His or Her ability to achieve what the majority are longing for.
For instance if what everyone wants is power to dominate, the one who proves to be the most powerful becomes supreme. And at a point in time when everyone is yearning for peace the one who is able to achieve it within His or Her own subjects is the supreme!
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 5:59am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The supreme being is JEHOVAH (YAHWEH)

How do we define SUPREME?

According to the dictionary:

Dominant, having power over all others.
Greatest, most excellent, extreme, most superior, highest, or utmost. supreme disgust; supreme courage. Situated at the highest part or point.

So when talking about the one who is supreme the only way to define such a person is His or Her ability to achieve what the majority are longing for.
For instance if what everyone wants is power to dominate, the one who proves to be the most powerful becomes supreme. And at a point in time when everyone is yearning for peace the one who is able to achieve it within His or Her own subjects is the supreme!

Interesting!

So is this Supreme Being everywhere at once?

I mean is he omnipresent?
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:25am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

Interesting!
So is this Supreme Being everywhere at once?
I mean is he omnipresent?

According to His letter to mankind called "Bible" He had the power to be but He chose not to due to some reasons explained in that book so He is not Omnipresent!
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 6:28am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

According to His letter to mankind called "Bible" He had the power to be but He chose not to due to some reasons explained in that book so He is not Omnipresent!

So how can he be the Supreme Being if he is not Omnipresent?

Or do you not know that the greatest height of any power, I am talking about Infinite Power is its ability to be everywhere at once and to see everything at once?

So how can your God be the Supreme Being if he is neither omnipresent nor omniscient?
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:47am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

So how can he be the Supreme Being if he is not Omnipresent?
Or do you not know that the greatest height of any power, I am talking about Infinite Power is its ability to be everywhere at once and to see everything at once?
So how can your God be the Supreme Being if he is neither omnipresent nor omniscient?

It's either you agree with the definition of the word "SUPREME" as written in the dictionary or you write your own dictionary.

Dominant, having power over all others. Greatest, most excellent, extreme, most superior, highest, or utmost. supreme disgust; supreme courage. Situated at the highest part or point.

The dictionary never added Omniscient or Omnipresent here rather it's all about the one who is able to achieve the utmost!

So let's concentrate on that definition instead of misconstruing it all with presumptuous assumptions! smiley
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by orisa37: 6:52am On Oct 09, 2022
We'll come to Religion, The Opium of Life.
I thank God for you and for The UNDERSTANDING HE IS GIVING YOU RIGHT NOW.

RELIGION IS YOUR INSTRUCTOR, DIRECTOR, DISCERNMENT, RICHES, POWER(POWERFUL AS YOU HAVE JUST REALIZED), HONOUR, EXCELLENCE AND YOUR SAFETY.

RELIGION MAKES KINGDOMS DEMOCRATIC AND PROGRESS. RELIGION MAKES DESPOTS MORE AUTOCRATIC AND PERISH UNSUNG.

MACBAN, MIYETTI ALLAH CATTLE BREEDERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA IS A RELIGION INTRODUCED INTO NIGERIA BY THE NORTH WEST COUNCIL OF EMIRS AND THE SULTANATE.
IT IS ACTUALLY A MIYETTI ALLAH CABAL BRIGANDS AGAINST NIGERIA-MACBAN AND MAKING APC PARTY EXTRAORDINARILY A MISFIT, DISORGANIZED AND UNPATRIOTIC DEVIL.
THE SULTAN OF SOKOTO AND THE EMIR OF DAURA SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO CORRECT THIS IMPRESSION AND RECONCILE QUICKLY WITH OONI, OBI, AFENIFERE, OHANAEZE, TORTIV, GBOGONJOS AND AREWA ADMINISTRATOR BEFORE ANY CURTAIN IS DRAWN.

SUCH IS RELIGION. THE VERY POWERFUL OPIUM OF THE PEOPLE.

HAPPY SUNDAY.

FROM ORUNTO27.

2 Likes

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 6:54am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's either you agree with the definition of the word "SUPREME" as written in the dictionary or you write your own dictionary.

The dictionary never added Omniscient or Omnipresent here rather it's all about the one who is able to achieve the utmost!

So let's concentrate on that definition instead of misconstruing it all with presumptuous assumptions! smiley

Acheive the utmost in what sense?

As the Supreme Being does he have all power?

If yes, do you know what does it mean to have all power?

Here is what my dictionary says -

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:00am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

Acheive the utmost in what sense?
As the Supreme Being does he have all power?
If yes, do you what does it mean to have all power?
Here is what my dictionary says -

If you check your dictionary's definition it limited the word to what i posted earlier the omnipotence is not the main definition but related!

So for someone to be supreme all he/she needs to do is being the highest achiever in all things! smiley
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 7:04am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

If you check your dictionary's definition it limited the word to what i posted earlier the omnipotence is not the main definition but related!

So for someone to be supreme all he/she needs to do is being the highest achiever in all things! smiley

Highest achiever in what sense?

Is your God all powerful?

If he is all powerful then his is omnipotent.

And if he is omnipotent, then he must also be omnipresent and omniscient.

I ask again, is your God all powerful?
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 7:07am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

What do you mean here?

Didn't you see the denefinition of the word "omnipotent"?

What is the difference between the word "omnipotent" and the word "omnipotence" ?
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:21am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

Highest achiever in what sense?
Is your God all powerful?
If he is all powerful then his is omnipotent.
And if he is omnipotent, then he must also be omnipresent and omniscient.
I ask again, is your God all powerful?

oteneaaron:

What do you mean here?
Didn't you see the denefinition of the word "omnipotent"?
What is the difference between the word "omnipotent" and the word "omnipotence" ?

The word we want to know it's meaning is "SUPREME" which means the highest or greatest in achieving anything.

But when we now digress to all powerful then we must ask ourselves this simple question:

What has anyone done in history that we can think of a higher record breaker?

Power is the ability to do work, influence or control.
So when we now talk of all-powerful there's no need going into what nobody has done before rather we only need to talk about what anyone has achieved with his or her power in the past then think of a higher record breaker. That's all.

Presumptuously adding what has not been done before shows we're not ready to find out what we need which is the meaning of the word "ALL POWERFUL" or "ALMIGHTY"
What has anyone achieved in the past with his or her might?
And has anyone broken the record?
Anyone able to break such record is the almighty (supreme) for now until another higher achiever suffice! smiley
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 7:33am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The word we want to know it's meaning is "SUPREME" which means the highest or greatest in achieving anything.

But when we now digress to all powerful then we must ask ourselves this simple question:

What has anyone done in history that we can think of a higher record breaker?

Power is the ability to do work, influence or control.
So when we now talk of all-powerful there's no need going into what nobody has done before rather we only need to talk about what anyone has achieved with his or her power in the past then think of a higher record breaker. That's all.

Presumptuously adding what has not been done before shows we're not ready to find out what we need which is the meaning of the word "ALL POWERFUL" or "ALMIGHTY"
What has anyone achieved in the past with his or her might?
And has anyone broken the record?
Anyone able to break such record is the almighty (supreme) for now until another higher achiever suffice! smiley

Do you mean there is a possibility that something or someone is actually greater than your God?

Do you mean your God is not all powerful?

If yes, then we both agree that your God is not omnipotent.

And if he is not omnipotent, then he can't be the Supreme Being as you said.

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by Dtruthspeaker: 7:35am On Oct 09, 2022
Everything God made is power backed.
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:45am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

Do you mean there is a possibility that something or someone is actually greater than your God?
Do you mean your God is not all powerful?
If yes, then we both agree that your God is not omnipotent.
And if he is not omnipotent, then he can't be the Supreme Being as you said.

The word SUPREME means the GREATEST so why not wait until another GREATER achiever suffice before concluding on that?

For now what we need to focus on is the one who has proved to be SUPREME! wink
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 7:53am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The word SUPREME means the GREATEST so why not wait until another GREATER achiever suffice before concluding on that?

For now what we need to focus on is the one who has proved to be SUPREME! wink

Why do have to wait when there is already a GREATER Acheiver?

So GREAT that it is called the Infinite Mind behind the entire cosmos.

Because it is everywhere at once, knows everything, is all powerful, and permeates into the inner spaces of the universe.

Your God Jehovah, is only a weak shadow of that infinite mind - Just as you are also an image of that infinite mind.

No wonder your God was referred to by the Gnostics of old as the DEMIURGE.

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

there is already a GREATER Acheiver?
I love this! smiley
So let's talk about the ACHIEVEMENTS of this GREATER ACHIEVER!

Don't forget that the word SUPREME according to the dictionary means power and that has to do with WORK, INFLUENCE or CONTROL.

Please can you enlighten me on the WORKS, INFLUENCE or CONTROL of this GREATER ACHIEVER and how it relates to ORDERLINESS in the midst of those who knew HIM, HER, IT?

Thanks in advance! smiley
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 8:25am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I love this! smiley
So let's talk about the ACHIEVEMENTS of this GREATER ACHIEVER!

Don't forget that the word SUPREME according to the dictionary means power and that has to do with WORK, INFLUENCE or CONTROL.

Please can you enlighten me on the WORKS, INFLUENCE or CONTROL of this GREATER ACHIEVER and how it relates to ORDERLINESS in the midst of those who knew HIM, HER, IT?

Thanks in advance! smiley

Please don't misquote me.

I didn't ask a question.

Just like how your concious mind works that it is what you think about that is created in your life, this Infinite Mind is behind all you see today in existence both seen and unseen-

Everything - You, Me, your God, and all the billions of galaxies in the cosmos, are all but a thought by the Infinite Mind.

The fact that you can think is an absolute and attestation to the power of the Infinite Mind.

The fact that you can cannot control how your heart pumps blood, neither can you control your skin to secrete sweat when you sleep, is another abosolute attestation to the Infinite Mind.

It is all in all.

It is everywhere and in everything all at once.

It is in you - look within!

Can your God claim the same thing?
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:26am On Oct 09, 2022
@oteneaaron what are the ACHIEVEMENTS of this GREATER ACHIEVER?
I will love to know about it because as i have always told you that though we concentrate on working with the God we know presently true believers keeps searching for the Most High God! smiley
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:35am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

Please don't misquote me.
I didn't ask a question.
Just like how your concious mind works that it is what you think about that is created in your life, this Infinite Mind is behind all you see today in existence both seen and unseen-
Everything - You, Me, your God, and all the billions of galaxies in the cosmos, are all but a thought by the Infinite Mind.
The fact that you can think is an absolute and attestation to the power of the Infinite Mind.
The fact that you can cannot control how your heart pumps blood, neither can you control your skin to secrete sweat when you sleep, is another abosolute attestation to the Infinite Mind.
It is all in all.
It is everywhere and in everything all at once.
It is in you - look within!
Can your God claim the same thing?

This is what you typed:

oteneaaron:

Why do have to wait when there is already a GREATER Acheiver?
So GREAT that it is called the Infinite Mind behind the entire cosmos.
Because it is everywhere at once, knows everything, is all powerful, and permeates into the inner spaces of the universe.
Your God Jehovah, is only a weak shadow of that infinite mind - Just as you are also an image of that infinite mind.
No wonder your God was referred to by the Gnostics of old as the DEMIURGE.

So instead of talking about what we can't see i want us to focus on the ACHIEVEMENTS of this your newly found GREATER ACHIEVER who has achieved much more than my own JEHOVAH so i can compare the two! wink

1 Like

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 8:43am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

This is what you typed:

So instead of talking about what we can't see
i want us to focus on the ACHIEVEMENTS of this your newly found GREATER ACHIEVER who has achieved much more than my own JEHOVAH so i can compare the two! wink

Exactly my point.

Do not quote me out of context.

Have you forgotten that it is what you cannot see that is the cause of the things you can see?

Before you do anything today, you must have first thought about it in your mind.

It is what the ancients call the natural law.

Nobody in the entire cosmos can escape this law of cause and effect.

You can't escape this law, neither can your God.

So therefore, EVERYTHING you can see today, including your God Jehovah, are only but a thought in the Infinite Mind.

I guess this is difficult for you to fathom.
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:06am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

Exactly my point.
Do not quote me out of context.
Have you forgotten that it is what you cannot see that is the cause of the things you can see?
Before you do anything today, you must have first thought about it in your mind.
It is what the ancients call the natural law.
Nobody in the entire cosmos can escape this law of cause and effect.
You can't escape this law, neither can your God.
So therefore, EVERYTHING you can see today, including your God Jehovah, are only but a thought in the Infinite Mind.
I guess this is difficult for you to fathom.

The problem here is i'm saying something but you're saying another thing! smiley

oteneaaron:

Is it Jehovah/Yaweh?

This is where we started this discussion.
I'm less concerned about what you think rather i'm interested in knowing the SUPREME BEING and what makes HIM, HER, IT supreme.

So philosophies that has nothing to do with orderliness among beings is of no use now because each of us is an intelligent being therefore the one who is SUPREME must have ACHIEVED GREATER things that we need to see before we can agree that HE, SHE or IT is truly SUPREME.

Don't forget that even among humans supremacy has to do with WORK, INFLUENCE or CONTROL so present the ACHIEVEMENTS of this your so called GREATER ACHIEVER not just THEORIES with no PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS nor BENEFITS! smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The problem here is i'm saying something but you're saying another thing! smiley

This is where we started this discussion.
I'm less concerned about what you think rather i'm interested in knowing the SUPREME BEING and what makes HIM, HER, IT supreme.

So philosophies that has nothing to do with orderliness among beings is of no use now because each of us is an intelligent being therefore the one who is SUPREME must have ACHIEVED GREATER things that we need to see before we can agree that HE, SHE or IT is truly SUPREME.

Don't forget that even among humans supremacy has to do with WORK, INFLUENCE or CONTROL so present the ACHIEVEMENTS of this your so called GREATER ACHIEVER not just THEORIES with no PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS nor BENEFITS! smiley

What makes a supreme being "SUPREME" - is it not by it being all powerful?

From the dictionary we found out, that to be Supreme you must have power over all - isn't that the same as being omnipotent?

Just as you have admitted that your God, Jehovah is not omnipotent, that therefore means he is not the "Supreme Being"

This isn't some fancy philosophy.

It is simple logic.

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:17am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

simple logic.

Power over all other beings.

That's what SUPREME BEING means.

So since you said you already have a GREATER ACHIEVER all you need now is tell me who you know that's MORE POWERFUL and has ACHIEVED more than JEHOVAH not just a hoax! wink

1 Like

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by Courz: 10:56am On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:
It is important to understand your enemy in the fullest details, as this will keep you better prepared to defeat that enemy.

And to understand an enemy we must understand it's power.

Religion is dangerously powerful and we must admit this.

I still remember around 2015 when I was in the university, the religion I was practicing held a powerful grip on my mind.

It got to a point that I told of one of the Elders in my church that I feel like it would be much better for me to give all my time to becoming a "better Christian" - which in reality meant spending hours to preach and spread the "goodnews" of my church at the expense of my studies in the university.

Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad in becoming a "better Christian", which in reality might mean a different thing to you depending on the religion you practice.

My results suffered that semester and due to some other unique circumstances, I had to focus more on my studies.

The experience I shared with you above, is a perfect example of how powerful religion can become.

Religion in my own understanding, is highly dependent on dogmas or doctrines.

These doctrines are only a version of an interpretation seen through the eyes of the religion or church doing the interpretation.

Which means for religions like these, there is a clergy-like rank that puts itself up as a channel, prophet or spokesman for GOD.

These religious leaders or interpretators Lord it over the rest of the people and refuse to let them know that in reality, we all have direct access to God.

We don't need any man in between, after all as a Christian you understand that Jesus didn't die for only some group of people, he died for EVERYONE.

But I digress - please note that when I say God, this also means that our definitions might defer.

At this stage of my metamorphosis through personal research and study of ancient history, I understand "God" to be the Infinite Mind behind the entire Cosmos - the source of all things that is everywhere at once.

Since it is every where at once, it therefore means each man and woman is only but a direct image of this infinite mind.

Our concious mind is only but a direct image of this infinite mind and the way we interact with this infinite mind is by THINKING.

Therefore we all agree that God or this "infinite mind" lives in each and every one of us.

We can boldly say that "the sprit of God" lives in each and every one of us.

Imagine my joy the day I realized that this means I have direct access to God!

Since then, I ditched the religion I was practicing.

Why did I ditch them?

All of their doctrines are built on the foundation that there are 8 old guys in New York City who are the "only channel of communication" to God.

They taught me that that only they were the "sons of God" and had the right to tell me what to do so to please God and become a "better Christian".

What makes it worse is that this religion understands the power of religion over the human mind.

They understand the power of consistent indoctrination as the best way to imprint a doctrine or interpretation into the subconscious mind of the rank and file church member.

That is why every Sunday for an hour, we used to have a Question and Answer session where we studied a church journal that is filled to the brim with the doctrines and interpretations of this religion.

When you do something over and over again , it becomes your second nature.

This is how addiction works and it is on this premise that religious doctrines are imprinted into our minds.

Those doctrines I was learning was not helping me realise that in reality, I didn't need those 8 old guys in New York city to find God.

He lives in each and everyone of us!

That is why I say that religion is very powerful.

That is it folks!

Have a great Sunday!
Interesting take on how the Watchtower uses Mind control on Jehovah's witnesses. I have a post I bumped into below that helps explain how the method Watchtower uses also involves hypnotism as well. The method of Questions and answers when they study in the Kingdom hall was thoroughly explained too. There is a psychological angle to it. Check it out. These are Mind control methods that have been explored by the See.Eye.A as well. This is why Watchtower likes JWs never to miss meetings because once they do, the indoctrination wears off with time and gives way to critical thinking ability which is why many have woken up from the Cult since the Pandemic. The pandemic interrupted their mind control classes.

1 Like

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Power over all other beings.

That's what SUPREME BEING means.

So since you said you already have a GREATER ACHIEVER all you need now is tell me who you know that's MORE POWERFUL and has ACHIEVED more than JEHOVAH not just a hoax! wink

MaxInDHouse why do love going around in circles?

Is your God, Jehovah omnipotent or not?

Since you have agreed that he is not, it's fine.

Unlike your God, the Infinite Mind is actually omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.

You can do whatever with that information.
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 11:41am On Oct 09, 2022
Courz:

Interesting take on how the Watchtower uses Mind control on Jehovah's witnesses. I have a post I bumped into below that helps explain how the method Watchtower uses also involves hypnotism as well. The method of Questions and answers when they study in the Kingdom hall was thoroughly explained too. There is a psychological angle to it. Check it out. These are Mind control methods that have been explored by the See.Eye.A as well. This is why Watchtower likes JWs never to miss meetings because once they do, the indoctrination wears off with time and gives way to critical thinking ability which is why many have woken up from the Cult since the Pandemic. The pandemic interrupted their mind control classes.

I completely agree with you.

It was not until I started doing research into the organization, religion in general and when I did a deep dive into studying the human mind, that I started seeing these things for what they really are.

Indoctrination is a powerful tool for mind control and this is what makes Religion dangerously powerful.

1 Like

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by Courz: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

I completely agree with you.

It was not until I started doing research into the organization, religion in general and when I did a deep dive into studying the human mind, that I started seeing these things for what they really are.

Indoctrination is a powerful tool for mind control and this is what makes Religion dangerously powerful.

The mere fact that you need to constantly indoctrinate people in order to control everything about them with the fear that if they don't attend the indoctrination classes, they will leave the Cult, shows that you know what you are feeding them is garbage and lies. The truth doesn't need constant repetition because it is the truth. But if you know you are telling lies, you will go far and beyond to ensure that those lies are repeated and drilled into the subconscious. And that is what makes this Cult dangerous and sinister.

Some weeks back, they were studying topics with questions like, Who are the faithful and discreet slave? who are the Elders? e. t. c Bla bla bla. Very Elementary and childish way of studying. I didn't quite understand why they repeat topics over and over again but now I understand that the repetition is Hypnotism. Including their slow speech and many use of loaded language. Long, boring hours of talks in meetings and conventions. I remember we used to have 3 meetings in a week. Everything is on purpose.

I remember whenever I miss meetings back when I was still a member, I could feel a disconnect psychologically from the hypnotic indoctrination and my mind slowly begins to recover it's critical thinking abilities. I start to see the Cult for what it truly is when I start to think of the things that don't make sense. This is why I strongly believe that explanation in the pic I posted above. But once I resume meetings and allow the talks to subconsciously register on my mind, everything goes back to default settings of a JW. All the things I have seen that don't make sense no longer matters. I push everything to the back of my mind and focus on JW. I never knew Rutherford studied Psychology. That explains why Watchtower is the way it is and why JWs are the way they are.
Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
oteneaaron:

MaxInDHouse why do love going around in circles?
Is your God, Jehovah omnipotent or not?
Since you have agreed that he is not, it's fine.
Unlike your God, the Infinite Mind is actually omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.
You can do whatever with that information.

I have told you that your definition of GOD is not acceptable since it's not the primary meaning of SUPREME BEING. But if you think it is then present the GREATER ACHIEVER you know and HIS, HER or IT'S ACHIEVEMENTS.

You're trying to dodge from the truth because you think everyone is unintelligent like you that faithless people around you wooed with cheap philosophical theories that has nothing to do with reality! grin

I am one of the WORSHIPER of JEHOVAH we are a million times smarter than Satan, all his demons and human agents put together.
If you're here to discourage people from false religions it's OK but creating a hoax and thinking true disciples of the most wonderful counselor will be trapped, no way!

Deal with the fact that the SUPREME BEING has nobody that's more powerful than Him not presumptuously creating what you can't adequately defend! wink

1 Like

Re: How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful by oteneaaron(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I have told you that your definition of GOD is not acceptable since it's not the primary meaning of SUPREME BEING. But if you think it is then present the GREATER ACHIEVER you know and HIS, HER or IT'S ACHIEVEMENTS.

Who are you to say which definition of God is acceptable?

You called your God the SUPREME BEING and I asked a simple question.

As the SUPREME BEING, is your God omnipotent?

You couldn't answer.

You're trying to dodge from the truth because you think everyone is unintelligent like you that faithless people around you wooed with cheap philosophical theories that has nothing to do with reality! grin

Who said this was an intelligence contest?

It is you who is worshiping a God that is neither omnipotent, omnipresent nor omniscient.

It is you who is faithless for denying the infinite power that lies within you.

You would rather worship something outside yourself.

Look within!

I am one of the WORSHIPER of JEHOVAH we are a million times smarter than Satan, all his demons and human agents put together.
If you're here to discourage people from false religions it's OK but creating a hoax and thinking true disciples of the most wonderful counselor will be trapped, no way!

It is clear to even the blind that this Jehovah you worship must be the actual devil.

Cos, he doesn't want his worshippers to know the truth about their identity.

He can't be Almighty or all powerful since he is neither omniscient, omnipresent nor omnipotent.

Deal with the fact that the SUPREME BEING has nobody that's more powerful than Him not presumptuously creating what you can't adequately defend! wink

Here we go again.

If there is "nobody" more powerful, does this mean your God is omnipotent?

Simple question, but you cannot answer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are African Christians 'obsessed' By Gay Issues : Desmond Tutu / Women More Religious Than Men? / Writers Needed For Christian Web Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.