Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Help..-- Ford Focus Fuel Pump - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help..-- Ford Focus Fuel Pump (1095 Views)

Please Help Ford Escape 2002 Model / HELP Ford Edge 2008,toyota Highlander 2003, Or Acura Mdx 2005 / HELP: Ford Galaxy 2004 Veva 2.3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help..-- Ford Focus Fuel Pump by tamzy123(m): 12:57pm On May 26, 2018
Hi there.

I got this small Ford Focus 2000 (hatchback) abt three months ago. It works fine but has issues when I use it for like four hours non-stop or when I put on the ac full blast while going around (which could be less than an hour).

What it does is, it slows down when I accelerate and jacks. This happens especially when I am climbing a hill but is normal on descent.

We have changed the air flow meter, the plugs, done full servicing, cleaned the fuel pump but it persists.

Now, I'm told I need to change the fuel pump which could be 18k (original tokunbo).

Please anybody expert should advise me if the tokumbo is better..
Re: Help..-- Ford Focus Fuel Pump by AutoElectNG: 1:32pm On May 26, 2018
tamzy123:
Hi there.

I got this small Ford Focus 2000 (hatchback) abt three months ago. It works fine but has issues when I use it for like four hours non-stop or when I put on the ac full blast while going around (which could be less than an hour).

What it does is, it slows down when I accelerate and jacks. This happens especially when I am climbing a hill but is normal on descent.

We have changed the air flow meter, the plugs, done full servicing, cleaned the fuel pump but it persists.

Now, I'm told I need to change the fuel pump which could be 18k (original tokunbo).

Please anybody expert should advise me if the tokumbo is better..

Inconclusive diagnosis...but what of the fuel filter?
Re: Help..-- Ford Focus Fuel Pump by tamzy123(m): 1:47pm On May 26, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Inconclusive diagnosis...but what of the fuel filter?
Tnx bro.. the mechanic said the fuel filter is still ok
Re: Help..-- Ford Focus Fuel Pump by mayor2013: 3:09pm On May 26, 2018
Standard procedure . When you change your fuel pump you change the fuel filter along side
Re: Help..-- Ford Focus Fuel Pump by sultaan(m): 4:59pm On May 26, 2018
Changing parts without scanning first is the wrong way to fix a car.

People have a tendency to get their car messed up first before asking for help after a minor issue has been turned to 3 major ones.

Scan the car and what type and part number of the spark plug you installed, each car has a specific spark plug that it is designed to use thread ,gap, temp etc
Re: Help..-- Ford Focus Fuel Pump by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:19pm On May 26, 2018
sultaan:
Changing parts without scanning first is the wrong way to fix a car.

People have a tendency to get their car messed up first before asking for help after a minor issue has been turned to 3 major ones.

Scan the car and what type and part number of the spark plug you installed, each car has a specific spark plug that it is designed to use thread ,gap, temp etc

exactly

(1) (Reply)

Audi Shows The Amazing Virtual Mirrors On Its Upcoming All-electric E-tron SUV / Don't Drink And Drive, Drive Safely / How To Properly Diagnose And Change An Air Flow Meter (bmw Case Study)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.