Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) (35920 Views)

Xenophobia: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Protested, Carried Placard In 2014 (Throwback) / Sheikh Adio Confronts Oluwo Of Iwo Akanbi: You Wanted To Have Sex With My Wife / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Moneywomen17(m): 2:13pm On May 27, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Please leave igbos out of this.

Focus on ur Mad Iwo
u mean mad obi coz u are quoting ur fellow ibo
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 27, 2018
Moneywomen17:
first of all the guy u quoted is ibo now second of all oba means king in Yoruba it may be “title” to Benin people coz ur word for king is Ogie but the word for king in Yoruba language is oba. Only person confuse is u.
What is the title of the british queen ?
What is the title of the russian king ?
What is the title of the roman king ?
What is the title of the german king ?
What is the title of the turkish king ?
slowpoke, the title for king and the word for king are the same in every kingdom !
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Moneywomen17(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2018
prolog2:

What is the title of the british queen ?
What is the title of the russian king ?
What is the title of the roman king ?
What is the title of the german king ?
What is the title of the turkish king ?
slowpoke, the title for king ans the word for king are the same in every kingdom !
my guy this is Africa don’t compare with Europe those u listed up there has gone by different title in the past too. Now let me give u an example of Africa tribe that their title is different from their word for king apart from Yoruba. The igala king is called attah igala but the word for king in igala is onu. Another one is also the uhrobo okpe people whose king title is orodje despite the uhrobo word for king being Ovie and so many others even the itsekiri. Now Yoruba is one language and others like ekiti, ijebu are mere dialect I assume u know the difference between dialect and a language if not let me help u. The general word for king in Yoruba is oba things like alafin, Ewi are title the took due to specific reason when they become king, it doesn’t means king unless u think a single language has a thousand meaning of the word king. Now Benin king were ogiso in the past ur word for king is Ogie now ur title is omo n oba n edo which sounds coincidentally like a corrupted version of Yoruba a child of king in edo(omo oba ni edo) I will just leave it at that.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 27, 2018
Moneywomen17:
u mean mad obi coz u are quoting ur fellow ibo

Nah, Am talking to a top AFONJA.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 27, 2018
Moneywomen17:
my guy this is Africa don’t compare with Europe those u listed up there has gone by different title in the past too. Now let me give u an example of Africa tribe that their title is different from their word for king apart from Yoruba. The igala king is called attah igala but the word for king in igala is onu. Another one is also the uhrobo okpe people whose king title is orodje despite the uhrobo word for king being Ovie and so many others even the itsekiri. Now Yoruba is one language and others like ekiti, ijebu are mere dialect I assume u know the difference between dialect and a language if not let me help u. The general word for king in Yoruba is oba things like alafin, Ewi are title the took due to specific reason when they become king, it doesn’t means king unless u think a single language has a thousand meaning of the word king. Now Benin king were ogiso in the past ur word for king is Ogie now ur title is omo n oba n edo which sounds coincidentally like a corrupted version of Yoruba a child of king in edo(omo oba ni edo) I will just leave it at that.
Is there a reason why you and your fellow yoruba never talk facts, all you say is mere speculations.
It doesn't seem to matter one bit to you.
For your information, Urhobo are Edo. Their king is Omo n'Oba n'Edo ! Their word for king is Oba ! Same with the itsikeri (eventhough they like to align with yoruba). (Yeah, Benin Kingdom is not a made up kingdom, kingdoms have dukes who rule sections of the kingdom, your yoruba made up kingdoms have no such thing) I am getting sick and tired with the fact that you yoruba can't have a serious logical conversation, you must dive into fairytales at some point.
I like the way you yoruba just claim that what goes everywhere else in the world doesn't go in africa. You claim that in an african kingdom each streat has its own king (thousands of kings for just one kingdom) each yoruba village is now called a kingdom and a man whose predecessors never had an army is now calling himself emperor ! Now use your brain. There are things which are the same in every kingdom. That is just human nature. The word for King and the title for King are always the same. That is one of the reasons everybody knows you yoruba are rewriting your history. You keep building upon lies and now your made up story is defying logics and yet you still want to debate this rather than finally admitting the truth !
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 27, 2018
Moneywomen17:
Now Benin king were ogiso in the past ur word for king is Ogie now ur title is omo n oba n edo which sounds coincidentally like a corrupted version of Yoruba a child of king in edo(omo oba ni edo) I will just leave it at that.
Cool how you yoruba chose which Edo fairytale to believe and which one not to believe. A more consistent person would either believe all of them, either deny all of them. Instead, you just devide the story and accept only little parts of it in order to use it in your yoruba-centric claims.
The same fairytale which claims the leaders of Benin Kingdom were Ogiso also claims that oduduwa is the son of an Ogiso. You can't just pick which part of the story you want to believe. Anyways it is a fairytale. All records of Benin Kingdom have talked about Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
You have the audacity to say Omo n'Oba n'Edo looks like a corrupted version of "Omo Oba ni Edo". It is just as if you yoruba have no brains. Ask yourself since when your leaders have been using the name Oba (look for the precolonial and colonial documents) before spewing more rubbish ! The word Oba has been used by Benin Kingdom for more than 700 years (with proof). I don't even get why you would take an expression from one language and call it a "corrupted expression" from your own language, are you that self centered ?
It also seems that you believe Edo state was already in existence in precolonial days. For your info, Edo has two meanings to us Edo: the language and the people. Edo and Edo-state are two different things. Edo is not a place, it is a people and a language ! Which is why "in Edo" makes no sense !!!! But this wouldn't stop yoruba-conspiracy theorists from believing what they want.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 27, 2018
yoruba, it is just as if you guys saw the african americans who are in research of their roots and would swallow any rubbish you tell them about their roots. And now you think you can do the same with your neighbours ? Stop trying to tell us our history especially because you are not only a proven fraud, you also know nothing about us ! Our history has already been documented by the written works of the traders and map makers who visited our ancestors hundreds of years ago !
We do not need your disservice. You don't even know yourselves. You don't know where your name "yoruba" came from. You do not know why your name wasn't recorded untill the 19th century. Research your own history and shut the hell up !
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Moneywomen17(m): 10:19am On May 28, 2018
prolog2:

Is there a reason why you and your fellow yoruba never talk facts, all you say is mere speculations.
For your information, Urhobo are Edo. Their king is Omo n'Oba n'Edo ! Their word for king is Oba ! Same with the itsikeri (eventhough they like to align with yoruba). (Yeah, Benin Kingdom is not a made up kingdom, kingdoms have dukes who rule sections of the kingdom, your yoruba made up kingdoms have no such thing) I am getting sick and tired with the fact that you yoruba can't have a serious logical conversation, you must dive into fairytales at some point.
I like the way you yoruba just claim that what goes everywhere else in the world doesn't go in africa. You claim that in an african kingdom each streat has its own king (thousands of kings for just one kingdom) each yoruba village is now called a kingdom and a man whose predecessors never had an army is now calling himself emperor ! Now use your brain. There are things which are the same in every kingdom. That is just human nature. The word for King and the title for King are always the same. That is one of the reasons everybody knows you yoruba are rewriting your history. You keep building upon lies and now your made up story is defying logics and yet you still want to debate this rather than finally admitting the truth !
shut up there fool uhrobo are no edo dumbass they have several king of different town and their word for king is Ovie not oba u fool even the prince is omo ovie. Itsekiri word for king am not sure. Igala word for king is onu but the title for king is attah igala u can’t disprove that. My guy u say a lot of bullshit what fairy tale did I post in my comment. Where did I claim that in an African kingdom every street has his own kingdom I disprove ur claim that the title is always the same has the word for king and u are crying tears here. Once more I will tell u coz I have told u before the ooni is not calling himself emperor if ur king calls him that it means he consider him his own emperor coz emperor is not Yoruba
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Moneywomen17(m): 10:28am On May 28, 2018
prolog2:
yoruba, it is just as if you guys saw the african americans who are in research of their roots and would swallow any rubbish you tell them about their roots. And now you think you can do the same with your neighbours ? Stop trying to tell us our history especially because you are not only a proven fraud, you also know nothing about us ! Our history has already been documented by the written works of the traders and map makers who visited our ancestors hundreds of years ago !
We do not need your disservice. You don't even know yourselves. You don't know where your name "yoruba" came from. You do not know why your name wasn't recorded untill the 19th century. Research your own history and shut the hell up !
my guy yoruba was recorded in the 16th century by the Songhai scholar I don’t know where u get ur own 19 century from and this is coming from a guy that always claim he dwells with “fact”
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Moneywomen17(m): 10:31am On May 28, 2018
prolog2:

Cool how you yoruba chose which Edo fairytale to believe and which one not to believe. A more consistent person would either believe all of them, either deny all of them. Instead, you just devide the story and accept only little parts of it in order to use it in your yoruba-centric claims.
The same fairytale which claims the leaders of Benin Kingdom were Ogiso also claims that oduduwa is the son of an Ogiso. You can't just pick which part of the story you want to believe. Anyways it is a fairytale. All records of Benin Kingdom have talked about Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
You have the audacity to say Omo n'Oba n'Edo looks like a corrupted version of "Omo Oba ni Edo". It is just as if you yoruba have no brains. Ask yourself since when your leaders have been using the name Oba (look for the precolonial and colonial documents) before spewing more rubbish ! The word Oba has been used by Benin Kingdom for more than 700 years (with proof). I don't even get why you would take an expression from one language and call it a "corrupted expression" from your own language, are you that self centered ?
It also seems that you believe Edo state was already in existence in precolonial days. For your info, Edo has two meanings to us Edo: the language and the people. Edo and Edo-state are two different things. Edo is not a place, it is a people and a language ! Which is why "in Edo" makes no sense !!!! But this wouldn't stop yoruba-conspiracy theorists from believing what they want.
trash all trash u post lot of gibberish and try to pass it off as intelligent comment but anybody with half a brain can see through it.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by Moneywomen17(m): 10:37am On May 28, 2018
prolog2:

can u point out specifically where I said every street has its own king dumbass I mean what the Bleep are u talking about. The king of igala title is attah igala that’s a fact but igala word for king is onu that’s also a fact. Deal with the fact edo boy u said every kingdom title is the word king and I have proven otherwise. I will still bring more title and different word for king kingdom to the table so u can keep crying and raining insult.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) by revontuli(f): 9:50pm On May 30, 2018
So this Oba will try on the traditional attire of every Nigerian ethnicity to give a message of unity? That's a cool idea if he can talk the traditional monarchs of other tribes into doing the same.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Celebrates His Daughter, Maryam On Her Birthday (Photos) / Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? / Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.