Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:38 AM

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (62059 Views)

Xenophobia: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Protested, Carried Placard In 2014 (Throwback) / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Celebrates His 52nd Birthday With His People On A Horse / Sheikh Adio Confronts Oluwo Of Iwo Akanbi: You Wanted To Have Sex With My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Olabenjamen22(m): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
By Gbenga Olarinoye, Osogbo

The Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Saturday made history when he dropped the the title of Oba and declared his resolve to adopt the Emir title popularly known with Northern traditional rulers.

Speaking at the installation and turbarning ceremony of an Islamic scholar, Sheikh Yahquub Abdul-Baaqi Mohammed as first Waziri of Yoruba land, Oba Akanbi said he decided to now bear “Emir of Iwoland” because he wants to emulate the attitudes of northern Emirs.
According to Oluwo, Northern traditional rulers are better behaved than his counterparts from the Southwest saying Yoruba Obas are full of bickering, acrimony and enmities.

He said Yoruba traditional rulers lacks cooperation and expected royal characters saying the Yoruba Obas have been polarized owing to enmities.

Oba Akanbi said until Yoruba Obas come together, shun enmities and backbiting, Hausas would continue to rule Nigeria.

“I have decided to officially adopt Emir title today because I want to emulate the attitudes of Northern Emirs. They don’t begrudge themselves like Yoruba Obas.

” It will surprise you to discover that for the past two years, there has not been meeting of Yoruba traditional rulers just because of enmities. There is nothing strange in adopting Emir title. I am the Emir of Yorubaland,” Oluwo said.

Meanwhile, amid tight security presence, Oba Akanbi installed and turbarned an Islamic scholar, Sheikh Yahquub Abdul-Baaqi Mohammed as first Waziri of Yoruba land.

At the well attended ceremony held at the palace of of the traditional ruler in Iwo on Saturday, Islamic scho)lars, Islamic organisations, Imams and Alfas, government functionaries among other notable personalities in the state were present.

The installation of the Waziri was against warning served on Oluwo by the League of Imams and Alfas in Southwest Nigeria, Edo and Delta States asking Oba Akanbi to desist from installing Alhaji Mohammed as the Waziri of the Southwest.

In a statement signed by the President , League of lmams and Alfas, Southwest Nigeria, Edo and Delta States, Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere Bello urged Oba Akanbi to limit the title to Iwoland and not to the entire Yorubaland as being purported.

” The proposed installation of the said recipient by your Highness as the Waziri of Iwo land is no doubt the result of your avowed commitment to the development of lslam, the lwo Community and Osun State in general
“However, it is our considered hope that your Highness should as a matter of urgency correct the rumours making the round that the organisers of this event are trying to over blow the ceremony to capture the entire Yorubaland. This is not right.”

But Oba Akanbi shunned warnings by the Islamic leaders and installed the Waziri amid pomp and pageantry saying “Iwo has used this Waziri title to announce to the world that truly Iwo is the citadel of Islamic knowledge.”

The traditional ruler added that “Iwo has a unique and distinctive traditional history among the entire Yoruba race. And these peculiarities have made Iwo to be at the forefront in Yoruba land.

” The occasion of the installation of Waziri Yorubaland is another great opportunity to create the necessary awareness and promote to the entire world the deep Islamic culture and heritage in Iwo.

“Waziri did not come from Northern part of Hausa tribe but from God. So, there is nothing strange in installing Waziri. Yoruba has forgotten their history. Whoever is critisising me lacks history of Yorubaland,” the monarch noted.

The new Waziri promised to render selfless services that would promote religious growth and peaceful coexistence in Yorubaland.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/yoruba-oba-drops-title-becomes-emir/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
Omo ale. If you are fighting with majority of the Yoruba monarchs, that means you are the proud one. Was he not same king that was accused of frauds in Canada? I mean yahoo yahoo king? Don't worry, in fact, you can invite Fulani herdsman to come and be chiefs and decision makers too in your kingdom. This is a type of a king that can sell his kingdom for money. No regard for any of his senior fellow..And he is the type that makes a won omo ajokuta mamumi, feeling funky, ( won oni pe show ni bi yi na).
Afonja cases never teach you lesson. By the time they are through with you and your people, they will put rope in your neck and turn you to dog, guiding their cows while you bark up and down.

368 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by oluwasegun007(m): 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
this will always happen when;
1. The choice of the oracle is disobeyed when selecting an Oba.
2. when you instal an Oba that doesn't know history or tradition..

.....long live the king.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Standardcosting(m): 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Zico5(m): 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
And somebody is saying this man won't enter market soonest. I have watched him closely and it seems something is seriously wrong with his brain. This is what happens when u choose immature, reckless and extravagant man to rule because he has some cash to spend. This is one of the youths that we are clamouring to lead us to the promise land. shame on sons and daughters of iwoland if they fail to remove this bastard calling himself king. He single-handedly desecrated the revered tool of iwoland. So shall calamity comes upon him and his generation.

104 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
Slavery is really embedded in the gene of the Afonjas

Small time now, Ooni go vex change him title to Sultan of Ife

332 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by OSUigbo: 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
grin
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by stevodot22(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
This one na Oba or gee guy?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by meeky007(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
hmm
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by themonk(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
angry
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by ODVanguard: 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
This oluwo just can't help acting stvpid and foolish. He deserves to be deposed for this crap. Smh.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by ednut1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
Apart from eating from state resources wat exactly are these numerous monarchs useful for

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by oluwafemim(m): 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by BlackDBagba: 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
undecided
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by hucienda: 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
Like play like play, the Ilorin situation could coast towards the Atlantic in south-western fashion ...

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by sotall(m): 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
Tribal e-warriors and keyboard warriors....Food don ready

grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
cry cry cry cry
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by LotannaAnaekwe: 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
angry

Imhotep
LZAA
where at thou?
This is associated licking and slavery taken to a whole new level. Chai.
Yoruba Christians ntoooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Chai I give up!!! cheesy cheesy ;DThis stupidity pass my power.

Oba Akanbi said until Yoruba Obas come together, shun enmities and backbiting, Hausas would continue to rule Nigeria

LMAO!!!!!

“I have decided to officially adopt Emir title today because I want to emulate the attitudes of Northern Emirs. They don’t begrudge themselves like Yoruba Obas

Oh my days! Laugh Don kill me here ooo. This guy just insulted all the obas in Southwest with the truth! Lagoon king comes to mind. Shameless lots! grin

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by coluka: 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

According to Oluwo, Northern traditional rulers are better behaved than his counterparts from the Southwest saying Yoruba Obas are full of bickering, acrimony and enmities.

He said Yoruba traditional rulers lacks expected royal characters saying the Yoruba Obas have been polarized owing to enmities.
Chai!!!

141 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Eziokwu1: 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
Yoruba Muslims are the problem with Yorubas.

Nobody should say or tell me otherwise. Anybody with common sense would know this by now.

I am just here imagining how progressive, forward thinking and trail blazing the Yorubas would have been if they were 100% christian, if they can achieve what they have right now with just 50%.

Check out the list of top 100 Yoruba intellectuals or 95% of any positivity that comes out of the Yorubas and you will see that Yoruba muslims are gross underperformers.
Islam always a negative to development.

I just thank God for my own people. Aspiring to be a jew (Highest achieveing ethnic group on the planet). Infact, just about any other thing out there is 1000% better than being a Mohammedan headslammer with acute slave mentality and innate inferiority conplex.

Tufiaa

Argue with your shadow.

197 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by itchie: 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2018

He said Yoruba traditional rulers lacks cooperation and expected royal characters saying the Yoruba Obas have been polarized owing to enmities.

Oba Akanbi said until Yoruba Obas come together, shun enmities and backbiting, Hausas would continue to rule Nigeria.

Oba of Lagos and ooni of ife comes to mind

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by mcfynest(m): 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
But what is this nah! The throne is not for comic purposes.

Want to learn more about the Yorubas?
Visit, like and follow http://Www.facebook.com/wetheyorubapeople

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by deji17: 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
Emir is nothing but a muslim title. If he likes he can call himself Revd Father, that is his cup of tea.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Intrepid01(m): 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
that is what happens when you install a kid as a king....everything he does breathes stupidity....

21 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Sctests: 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
E don reach fp. grin

Cc Lzaa, Imhotep, Gworochewinmaga gworochewingmaga

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Vinstel: 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
This is all I am seeing ..... Na dem!!

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by johnnyvid(m): 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2018
this is very bad from the king of iwo land. the SSG to the state government that always gives staff of office to the kings should do the needful and withdraw the staff from him. this is against Yoruba culture.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by conductorGX: 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2018
I tell you, this people no get sense.

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by lilfreezy: 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2018
Afonja part 2 will be out soon grin

They will use his throne as a strategic enslavement point

66 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi / Olori Chanel Chin: Why I Recorded Oluwo's Atrocities Inside The Palace / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.