Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,877 members, 7,862,958 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers (681 Views)

Pastor Delivered From Ritual Kidnappers, Says God Of Solution Ground Saved Him / Evans’ Sister Lost 2-Month Pregnancy After Torture From SARS / iPhone8 Saved Man From SARS Bullet In Benin, As He Calls For Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers by EmagNig(m): 9:32pm On May 26, 2018
A Nigerian man on twitter ha taken to the platform to narrate on how he escaped being harassed by SARS operatives after they found out he could be highly connected.

In his narration, he explained that he was flagged down by the officers while driving in an UBER and they began to interrogate him about his source of living, unknown to them the UBER driver was an Army officer.

Read his full narration below:

This unplated Toyota Corolla car just drove off now, it's filled with at least 4 #SARS operatives who stopped me in an Uber on my way from Lagos island just before Boni Camp. They flagged down the Uber, I didn't even notice until he parked cause I was on my phone.

One of them asked me to identify myself, I did and presented my National Driver's license. He then asked for what I do, told him in a Software Engineer. He then asks that I present an ID to verify that I'm a Software Engineer.

At this point I'm like I'm coming from the market on a Saturday, why do you think I'll have my company ID card on me? I then ask if I'm being suspected of a crime, and that if that's true I should've been called to the station to provide this sort of identification.

You won't expect me to validate my entire work history on the streets of Lagos. The Uber driver then engages them, unknown to them he's an off duty Army officer doing Uber part-time. He reveals that and starts to call the base at Boni Camp...

because apparently they've heard of these guys before and have been looking for them. At the same time I got on the phone with one of my highly placed friends in government because I had told them I wasn't going anywhere with them.

After she introduced herself the guy mounted a false defence saying after they stopped me I agitated them by shouting at them questioning their stop. Immediately he got off the phone he beckons the other guy to leave being scared of the sort of people I might know.

Remember my Uber driver is an Army officer, at this point he's super pissed and is trying to detain them while calling the military base at Boni Camp for people to come out. They hurriedly got into their car and zoomed off.

What becomes of the average Nigerian hustler youth who has no connections and whose Uber driver isn't an Army officer? He'd probably have been taken to black site to be beaten up and extorted. #EndSARS #EndSARSNow!!!

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-narrates-how-being-connected-saved-him-from-sars-officers/

lalasticlala

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers by hadjipapiey(m): 9:38pm On May 26, 2018
Na wetin dey reign now be that wink

Connectivity, man know man undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers by odiereke(m): 10:20pm On May 26, 2018
U are really lucky my man.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers by decatalyst(m): 10:31pm On May 26, 2018
How I wished as dem dey run with the car, make two tyres just burst grin

Nothing wee Sha happen nau grin
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers by andyanders: 11:23pm On May 26, 2018
Official armed robbers> SARS
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers by annnikky(f): 11:49pm On May 26, 2018
Hunger dey for town so they are hunting for prey undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers by HtwoOw: 11:58pm On May 26, 2018
Until Nigerian youths , legit or G's start mobbing SARS , the IMPUNITY will not stop

If Nigerian youths are 100 in Number at least 60 have at one point encountered or had friends / family who has been robbed blind by SARS operatives

Also Nigerian youths should learn to come together , #EndSars did not last a week on Twitter because they gave us news about how SARS arrested some Notorious Armed robbers

If there's no open investigation on someone , anybody gun weilding forming SARS should be treated as an armed robber because that's what they are
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers by Jabioro: 7:59am On May 27, 2018
SARS are more harmful,dangerous to her original purpose than the advantages it intended.Their are everywhere pronuced as official extortionist power,most of them are there to devour,maimed and cause bitter pains..l?m begin to have the second thought...All these because we have no credible,displined proactive at helm of affairs who are there for normal affairs.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How Being Connected Saved Him From SARS Officers by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:07am On May 28, 2018
they may not even be true sars officers self..these are thieves on the highway taking advantage of the fight against Yahoo yahoo boys to defraud innocent victims.,.there cup go full one day!

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Duty Truck Falls On Ojuelegba Bridge Kills Many / Ritualists Abduct Young Boy In Benue, Abandon Him On A Road In Abuja (photo) / Neighbour St*bs Family Man To Death Over Bathroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.