Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? (977 Views)

How To Easily Find Your Laptop IP Address In Window 7 And More / How To Hide Your IP Address And Prevent Being Tracked Down Or Monitored / Who Can Change My Laptop's IP Address To That Of China? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? by MistaBabz: 5:37am On May 27, 2018
Please assist me, if you have relevant information. We want to read IP Addresses of some switches at my place of work, we have over 15 switches but some are not labelled with their IP like the rest.
Re: How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? by dragnet: 7:52am On May 27, 2018
MistaBabz:
Please assist me, if you have relevant information. We want to read IP Addresses of some switches at my place of work, we have over 15 switches but some are not labelled with their IP like the rest.
brand?
Re: How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? by xreal: 5:36pm On May 27, 2018
MistaBabz:

IP address of a switch?

Is it a 'maned' one?
Re: How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? by MistaBabz: 1:17am On May 28, 2018
dragnet:

brand?
HP ProCurve
Re: How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? by hancock(m): 6:25am On May 28, 2018
Have you tried connecting them to a PC and type in “ipconfig”in the command prompt ?
Look for the gateway address or something like that
Re: How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? by trainingict: 9:42am On May 28, 2018
The brand of the HP procurve switch is important. Some have IP by default, others don't have. Connecting using console port might not be the simplest solution in your case since you have many switches. DHCP might be in place. Which means they are using IP addresses from the pool.

For serious network problems or issues contact me

Brainstorm Solutions
08033737534, 07082375805
Re: How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? by Gbengageorge: 11:11am On May 29, 2018
Your brand of switch will determine how it is configured with IP

If it is a managed switch, you need a special cable to log in, you can use its web interface or the CLI and type the command sh run.

Since you are using HP Procurve you have to log in. This can be done by a knowledgeable network engineer.

But if it is all these 8_port plug and play switch, you will see it on the label on it, if it uses address.

Am a network engineer, and my number is 08052174982
Re: How Can I Read The IP Address Of A Switch? by mice(m): 9:59pm On May 29, 2018
Oga just download ipscan on your PC and scan your network and every connected device will show up.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Hp Laptop For Scrap Price / Who Can Teach Me How To Repair Laptops, Phones On The Island? / Hp 15-e043cl For Sell. SOLD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.