Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol (60961 Views)

Pastor Orders Bride To Remove Eyelashes At Wedding / Delta Pastor Allegedly Sells His Church, Members To Another Cleric, Moves Abroad / Pastor Orders Church Members To Kiss One Another During Service (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by EtisalzTreasure: 5:19pm On May 27, 2018
Sc
Scattered children everywhere
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by justmenoni: 5:33pm On May 27, 2018
Beautiful bride
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by CandidSeeker(m): 5:34pm On May 27, 2018
bionixs:
it will take God Himself to deliver you. I pity you

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Obascoetubi: 5:41pm On May 27, 2018
adontcare:
Jesus wet turn water to wine Na Satan abi?
wine na beer?
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Macon1212: 6:18pm On May 27, 2018
adontcare:

Point of correction, the Israelites makes their drink from vine grapes just like soft drinks, it is not alcoholic but beverages, it is just called wine. In America that I am, there are some beverages that are made from grapes and it is called wine it is soft drinks and not alcoholic. Knowledge they say is power be informed.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Blessograo(f): 6:28pm On May 27, 2018
Looking at the dress of the bride and the bow tie and suit of the groom you will know it's one of those stupid churches, the bride even put on the brooche carry the logo of the church on her wedding gown. Rubbish.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by jrusky(m): 6:55pm On May 27, 2018
I think the pastor was right, if no rule no sin so the couple messed up it's like telling a new Muslim couple to flood their wedding occasion with beer and stout definitely trouble will end the ceremony so I support the pastor 100% the rule is clear follow it or go your way.

1 Like

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Akpacha(m): 7:38pm On May 27, 2018
adontcare:
stop been too careless with ur comments.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by xest(m): 7:40pm On May 27, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Catholics need a pastor like this... They turn church hall into secular parties during wedding receptions - with loads of alcohol & worldly music + dance steps

++Modified++

For all those mentions, u shld all understand that I'm not a stranger in d Catholic church.

Recently, during the Harvest of one of d outstations here, people got drunk, quarrelled, broke bottles, & destroyed some other things. The CMO particularly, shld be warned about this. Imagine a situation whereby youths come with loads of alcohol too..... The Church is a Holy place & shld be kept Holy pls!
is alcohol a sin? Your pentecostal pastors will b sleeping with there members what do u call that one? Don't be surprised that same pastor drinks alcohol n womanises
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Onisokuso1(m): 8:00pm On May 27, 2018
streetsoldier1:
Chai...This is John Lee,my course mate back in FUTA days, Applied Geophysics

Alva baba . U sabi Yusphat for app geophysics ? grin
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by wildernessVoice: 8:12pm On May 27, 2018
CandidSeeker:

Jesus took alcohol...

Matthew 11:18-19 NKJV
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' [19] The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children."

You can buy alcohol with part of your tithe...

Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV
And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

-Peace.

Oga get sense for once. Read the type of wine Jesus drank.
Matthew 26:29 (KJV) But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by LargeBreed(m): 8:14pm On May 27, 2018
Bleep the pastor and the members
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adontcare(f): 8:28pm On May 27, 2018
Akpacha:
stop been too careless with ur comments.
care less how?
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adontcare(f): 8:32pm On May 27, 2018
Macon1212:

Point of correction, the Israelites makes their drink from vine grapes just like soft drinks, it is not alcoholic but beverages, it is just called wine. In America that I am, there are some beverages that are made from grapes and it is called wine it is soft drinks and not alcoholic. Knowledge they say is power be informed.
informed guy, d bible dat recorded it did not explain wine in non alcoholic form o. Stop misinterpreting d wine in dis context
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adontcare(f): 8:33pm On May 27, 2018
Obascoetubi:
wine na beer?
beer or wine, all Na drink o
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adontcare(f): 8:34pm On May 27, 2018
Juliusdking:
u dey drink
just for my health ni o
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adontcare(f): 8:35pm On May 27, 2018
Daniel058:
but bible no talk say na Alcohol grin

Abi u never hear about non alcoholic Wine?
neither did d bible said non alcoholic. Let us forget all dis argument and ask Jesus when we see him

1 Like

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adontcare(f): 8:39pm On May 27, 2018
wildernessVoice:

Matthew 26:29 (KJV) But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
dat one Na after Jesus don drink d wine in real life, he is also promising us his obedient followers that he will still drink it with us in his father kingdom. Pls get dis and understand bros

1 Like

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:39pm On May 27, 2018
haywire07:
I like pastors who stand by their word. It's called discipline
More like conscious of heaven
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adontcare(f): 8:41pm On May 27, 2018
Oforbuikem1:

Check your dictionary meaning of "wine".

If it has no alcohol, then it is juice.

Jesus turned water into "wine" as his first miracle. It was never into juice.
After that miracle, he took another one while on the cross though a fermented one, he shouted "Alloy Alloy!! This is not from Sebastian "... Sebastian taps the wine while Aloysius buys it. It wasn't Sebastian's own he bought this time.
When Jesus resurrected, he told the first woman he appeared to, "tell my disciples to meet me at Galilee ; That was where he did the first miracle of turning water into wine, he knew some wine was still remaining there.
Remember during the last supper, he told them during the drinking of the wine "Do this in memory of me". So whenever you are drinking wine, it is in remembrance of Jesus.

Please don't mind my mistakes, I didn't proofread.
ma nigga, u sabi jare
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by CandidSeeker(m): 8:49pm On May 27, 2018
wildernessVoice:

The insult you started your post with is uncalled for, as a Christian.

Jesus was talking about the wine they shared at the last supper in the passage you quoted, which is also the same kind of wine members of the early church were getting drunk on, as pointed out by Paul:

1 Corinthians 11:21-22 NKJV
For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk.
[22] What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you.

-Peace.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adanny01(m): 8:59pm On May 27, 2018
For reasons like this, my church does not allow its pastors to go to wedding receptions. Most clergy in my denomination will not attend the reception especially if they officiated the wedding.

This pastor is a disgrace to the white collar. Next, he will censor their choice of music or worst still, ban shaku shaku dance.

What did Jesus turn water to? These half illiterate pastors are creating new laws out of ignorance or plain low comprehension of the Bible.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adanny01(m): 9:07pm On May 27, 2018
Daniel058:
but bible no talk say na Alcohol grin

Abi u never hear about non alcoholic Wine?

So Jesus turned water into non alcoholic wine?

Do you know difference between alcoholic and non alcoholic wine? If you knew you wont say this trash.

Check this out

And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!”
John 2:10 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/jhn.2.10.NKJV

Why would people be drunk from 'nonalcoholic wine'?

The bible is clear and advice against drunkenness severally in the bible. But no where it says is a sin to drink.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:19‭-‬21 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/gal.5.19-21.NKJV

There is a huge difference between Drink, Drunk and Drunkard.

If you dont know get a dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 27, 2018
haywire07:
I like pastors who stand by their word. It's called discipline
there's there's huge difference between discipline n stupidity.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adanny01(m): 9:35pm On May 27, 2018
whitebeard:
u have quoted the bible well nice...

What about people that abuse drinking alcohol...

It not a sin to drink alcohol, but it is a sin to get drunk.. Just as it is not a sin to eat, but it is a sin to be a glutton..

It a wedding party, people will surely abuse drinking alcohol, they would take it to the next level, that's why some people just don't want to see it..do u understand now..!!

It is not a sin to get drunk.

It is what you do at the drunken state that can amount to sin.

Drunkenness increases your susceptibility to sin but is not sin in itself.
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by searay(m): 11:44pm On May 27, 2018
adontcare:
What kind of wine did Jesus turned water into?

For the records, there is no where in the bible where alcohol is mention
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Makaveli1166(m): 1:28am On May 28, 2018
CandidSeeker:

Jesus took alcohol...

Matthew 11:18-19 NKJV
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' [19] The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children."

You can buy alcohol with part of your tithe...

Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV
And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

-Peace.

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by Juliusdking(m): 3:04am On May 28, 2018
adontcare:
just for my health ni o
ok well don sir
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by bionixs: 8:54am On May 28, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
lol..ignorant and foolish response from a dunce...

Stop being ridiculously judgemental even if its a defect u av on default perhaps u shud refrain and restrain ur brain to mind and keep the foolishness and lousiness within u..

My take..
sorry. what could be done for a blind that claims clear vision
Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by adontcare(f): 10:33am On May 28, 2018
searay:

so where was non alcohol mentioned?

1 Like

Re: Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:42am On May 28, 2018
searay:

wine is an alcoholi beverage.There is nothing like non-alcoholic wine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Apostle Suleman, As He Bends To Greet Faith Adeboye / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.