Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB (9853 Views)

(disturbing) : Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB / Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB / Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by sophsia62: 5:57pm On May 27, 2018
The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Prof. Is’haq Oloyede has described the huge difference between the revenue generated by the board in 2017 and that of his predecessors as a reflection of chronic corruption in the system.

He pointed out that since the inception of the admission body over 40 years ago, the total money generated were just N52m (fifty-two million naira) while the board, under his leadership, generated N9bn in 2017 only.
Oloyede made this disclosure in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, while speaking as Lead Speaker during the 3rd Colloquium to celebrate Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s birthday, organised by Raufnomics Transformation of Osun, a socio-political group.

He also explained that the downward review of JAMB cut-off mark is a necessity caused by the need to curb inequality, by giving level playing ground to applicants.
“Nigeria is dominated by thieves at the helms of affairs, I mean certified thieves; let me talk about JAMB for instance, since over forty years that JAMB has been established, the total money generated before we came in is N52m (Fifty two million naira)
“After we finished our examinations for 2017, we generated N9bn, in which I returned the total sum of N7.8m to the Federal Government.

“Members of the National Assembly marveled at this feat, they wondered how I came about the figure.
“For this year also, I have realised over N9bn,” he declared.
Oloyede, who spoke on the theme: “Functional education as a tool for national development and a gateway to freedom” noted that education remains the bedrock of every nation.
He argued that education is essentially the main process through which a society regenerates itself, and hands down norms, cultures, and also generates wealth.
“You don’t need to use bomb to destroy a nation, just lower the quality of education and allow cheating by students in examinations.
“Education, being the art of acquisition and utilisation of knowledge is also an instrument in training individuals purposely to make them socially responsible.
“Functional education must geared towards the liberation of humanity from poverty and misery.
“All in all, education must be functional before it is adaptable.”

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/05/registrar-oloyede-reveals-what-exposed.html

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Vatsyayana: 6:10pm On May 27, 2018
Education is the key. It opens the door to breakthrough.

4 Likes

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by micfoley: 6:15pm On May 27, 2018
Jamb shouldn't be a revenue generating agency anyway. The price of writing the exam should be reduced to encourage qualified youths to write . I've met a few people who simply didn't have the money to buy UME forms

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by GavelSlam: 10:13pm On May 27, 2018
micfoley:
Jamb shouldn't be a revenue generating agency anyway. The price of writing the exam should be reduced to encourage qualified youths to write . I've met a few people who simply didn't have the money to buy UME forms

They can't afford 5k for the UME application forms. Please how do they plan to sustain their academic years at the university?

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by MaziOmenuko: 10:57pm On May 27, 2018
For him to achieve this even after scrapping the sale of Jamb scratch card for checking results is a commendable feat. I won't say the previous registrars should be probed, but let their be policies to make it difficult for forthcoming registrers to resume the looting.

GavelSlam:

They can't afford 5k for the UME application forms. Please how do they plan to sustain their academic years at the university?

They will come to Nairaland and beg, isn't that the new trend.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Okoroawusa: 11:34pm On May 27, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
For him to achieve this even after scrapping the sale of Jamb scratch card for checking results is a commendable feat. I won't say the previous registrars should be probed, but let their be policies to make it difficult for forthcoming registrers to resume the looting.

They will come to Nairaland and beg, isn't that the new trend.
Abi oo! the begging on Nairaland is getting out of leg because hand don full

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:41pm On May 27, 2018
i did not see anything here to readthat said you expose corruption, i was infact waiting to read how the snake swallowed the 36m

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Baybat: 11:59pm On May 27, 2018
That shot man devil in charge of Jamb before really looted and destroyed the olace. Among one of his agents in the looting is Limeri of Awa in Ogun State. The One is in charge of printing Jamb forms while they keep buying petrol stations all around .
Do you know the Soka Petrol Stations in Ibadan. It is no longer function since the Prof was removed from Jamb . It's now sold because they don't have money to maintain it again. Lots of Petrol stations belonged to the useless Prof using the king as front

10 Likes

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by fergie001: 11:59pm On May 27, 2018
If you curbed corruption,Kudos

But we cannot let it fester,there must be examples that should serve as deterrents,starting with Prof.Ojerinde ..........
But again jamb is not a revenue-generating agency,reduce your fees because people still pay astronomical for post-utme.

One of the things I complained during the last administration,
You want to write dssc for army/navy and so on..you pay at least 2500 for forms, immigration 1000.....and so on..
Today,it's free....you pick
Because these agencies are not set up for that..

Sir,reduce the money and dwell on money for the logistics,
Nice job....
Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Nobody: 12:43am On May 28, 2018
GavelSlam:

I wonder

2 Likes

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:35am On May 28, 2018
God bless PMB.

'Body Odour' to badt!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by ViaFast: 7:35am On May 28, 2018
grin
Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:36am On May 28, 2018
He pointed out that since the inception of the admission body over 40 years ago, the total money generated were just N52m (fifty-two million naira) while the board, under his leadership, generated N9bn in 2017 only.

So this news is actually TRUE AND REAL?!

This is so UNFATHOMABLE! UNTHINKABLE!!

52Million was realised for 40 years and 9 Billion in ONLY one (1) year.

They have FINISHED THIS COUNTRY tey tey!!!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Wasky101: 7:36am On May 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Firefire(m): 7:37am On May 28, 2018
Fraudulent administration that milk her citizens. Taking from the poor to feed the rich.

JAMB form fee should be reduced to 500 Naira, Enough poverty in the land.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by adecz: 7:37am On May 28, 2018
undecided undecided undecided

One major behavior under Buhari, is
that all his officials specialize in telling
lies to hide their mediocrity & paint themselves
& their oga in bright colors.

A short while ago, a minister said Buhari was
the first African leader invited by Trump, but na
lie, Egyptian leader was first.

They claim to be having bumper harvest
every year, but they come up with fake rice
pyramids & hunger everywhere.

How can he say that in 40, JAMB has remitted
less than 50million.??

But again, this govt is do heartless, they increase
fees on everything whit out giving
a fukc about ability of citizens to pay.

Increase in fuel price. Increase in jamb.
Tripling electrity tariff & custom duty.
Increase in driver &
vehicle license, quadrupling cost of foodstuff.

And that crazy oga for customs wanted to
backdate custom duty to five years back, only
Dino & the Senate saved us.

The lies keep getting manufactured, cooked
& served to the unsuspecting public, everyday... undecided

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by BigSarah(f): 7:38am On May 28, 2018
Okay Kontinue

Meanwhile

Please Nairalanders I need Your Help With IT/SIWES Placement

Course: Microbiology
Duration : 3months

Check Signature For Contact
Thanks smiley
Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by lonelydora: 7:38am On May 28, 2018
Somehow somehow this man is trying
Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Realdeals(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2018
I worried about him using 'I'

“After we finished our examinations for 2017, we generated N9bn, in which I returned the total sum of N7.8m to the Federal Government.

“Members of the National Assembly marveled at this feat, they wondered how I came about the figure.
“For this year also, I have realised over N9bn,” he declared.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by oyetunder(m): 7:41am On May 28, 2018
We still have responsible Nigerians...but it easier to get a pebble from the planet Mars than to recognise such few individuals.

1 Like

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Nobody: 7:44am On May 28, 2018
How can jamb generate N52m in 40 years, even the scratch cards alone are worth more than that..

Are you saying a director would swoop all the earnings of an education board leaving only N52m and not raise eyebrows?

Calm down on the lies and propaganda... we know you are working.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Boyooosa(m): 7:44am On May 28, 2018
I strongly doubt the information provided here and if it is true, then I will vote for buhaei come 2019 with just 3 conditions;
1, buhari must make him the education minister
2. He must do the same to our educational system
3. They must both use the projected recoveries to rejuvenate our education sector.

6 Likes

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by xreal: 7:46am On May 28, 2018
The difference sounds impossible.

Lala's snake swallows JAMB money.

Dibu Ojerinde right now....

4 Likes

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by ORIENTATION101: 7:48am On May 28, 2018
fergie001:
If you curbed corruption,Kudos

But we cannot let it fester,there must be examples that should serve as deterrents,starting with Prof.Ojerinde ..........
But again jamb is not a revenue-generating agency,reduce your fees because people still pay astronomical for post-utme.

One of the things I complained during the last administration,
You want to write dssc for army/navy and so on..you pay at least 2500 for forms, immigration 1000.....and so on..
Today,it's free....you pick
Because these agencies are not set up for that..

Sir,reduce the money and dwell on money for the logistics,
Nice job....
will it be advisable for someone that cannot afford jamb fee to seek admission into higher institution.if education is too expensive one should try ignorance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by talk2hb1(m): 7:50am On May 28, 2018
Realdeals:
I worried about him using 'I'

Thats the Language of Leaders who appreciate efforts of collective achievement.
Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by fergie001: 7:51am On May 28, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
will it be advisable for someone that cannot afford jamb fee to seek admission into higher institution.if education is too expensive one should try ignorance
Then please let them start selling dssc forms, immigration,police,civil defence,civil service forms for 20000 naira....after all you will earn salary if picked...
If getting a job is expensive,try joblessness...

2 Likes

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Nobody: 7:52am On May 28, 2018
I don't get it!... you generated 9.8 billion and returned 7.8 million to the government?..... oga, clarify.....

4 Likes

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by eyomade(m): 7:57am On May 28, 2018
BigSarah:
Okay Kontinue

Meanwhile

Please Nairalanders I need Your Help With IT/SIWES Placement
I can tell u tins work out during buhari regime. If u can work in a PHC (primary health center) holla back

Course: Microbiology
Duration : 3months

Check Signature For Contact
Thanks smiley
Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by saintol(m): 7:59am On May 28, 2018
“Nigeria is dominated by thieves at the helms of affairs, I mean certified thieves;...

1 Like

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by Nobody: 7:59am On May 28, 2018
Seenyo:
I don't get it!... you generated 9.8 billion and returned 7.8 million to the government?..... oga, clarify.....
blame the copy and paste blogger

1 Like

Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by debolayinka(m): 8:02am On May 28, 2018
The topic is yet to be explained. What exposed the corruption?
Re: Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB by xreal: 8:04am On May 28, 2018
post=67946380]He pointed out that since the inception of the admission body over 40 years ago, the total money generated were just N52m (fifty-two million naira) while the board, under his leadership, generated N9bn in 2017 only.

So this news is actually TRUE AND REAL?!

This is so UNFATHOMABLE! UNTHINKABLE!!

52Million was realised for 40 years and 9 Billion in ONLY one (1) year.

They have FINISHED THIS COUNTRY tey tey!!![/quote]

[quote author=Esseite
:
How can jamb generate N52m in 40 years, even the scratch cards are worth more than that..

Are you saying a director would swoop all the earnings of an education board leaving only N52m and not raise eyebrows?

Calm down on the lies and propaganda... we know you are working.

It's really true.

JAMB officials look out for sale if cards and forms every year.

You need to see the way they spent money and acquired properties.

Do you think Yinka Ayefele will praise someone in his record for nothing?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strike: ASUU Denies Fresh Notice To Shut Down Universities / Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply / LASG Unveils EkoDigitalSchool, An Online School Platform For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.