Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? (7970 Views)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by 3kay945(m): 8:51am On May 28, 2018
Bantino:

I don't think it is refillable, but when you get a new one, don't try to test it, if you do, the gauge will return to "0", I think it is meant to be used once.

Yes. Bro, I did test the stuff maybe that was the cause.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by snipesdam(m): 8:59am On May 28, 2018
3kay945:
My car fire extinguisher is bad again. I bought it this year and it has expiration date of 2020 or so. I did a routine check this weekend and discovered that the gauge has moved to red mark 0. Same thing happened to the former one used.

Please, is there any way to refill or charge this stuff? Abi na fake have been buying

OP if you were in PH i'll say goto CFC along aba road and refill it. Na small change to refill it. I have two and I refill them.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Powerexpert: 8:59am On May 28, 2018
It can be refilled by a certified fire safety personnel. Also ensure you always do a routine check on your extinguisher, you never know when you might be critically needing it.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:13am On May 28, 2018
Bantino:

I don't think it is refillable, but when you get a new one, don't try to test it, if you do, the gauge will return to "0", I think it is meant to be used once.
Car fire extinguishers are refillable by certified refill agents, all they do is remove the expired chemicals, fill in new one and set the gauge to a new date.
You are right though, it can only be used once
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by fashrola(m): 9:18am On May 28, 2018
Sparkle777:
Its good to have, my former home once caught fire from the meter side and would have burnt the house down. I took the one in my car and sprayed it. I never knew the power it possessed til dat day. See fire just bow. Also, a car caught fire in Area 11 junction and would have been scrap if not that almost every car brought out their extinguishers and saved the car.
Pls ensure u have a fire extinguisher both at home and in the car. You can never tell the day it will comenin handy.

You should get a dry powder extinguisher for electrical fires....
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by fashrola(m): 9:19am On May 28, 2018
3kay945:

Don't test fire extinguishers except you are ready to fight fire...

Once you press the plunger, it's gone and you need to refill it again
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by fashrola(m): 9:21am On May 28, 2018
Bantino:

Don't assume grin

It is refillable... If you are PH, there are lot of places to refill your fire extinguishers...

And a service tag will be pasted on it on next due date
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Sparkle777(f): 9:25am On May 28, 2018
fashrola:

Yes,it was a dry one, I only go for the dry extinguisher. Its better most times.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Erotik(m): 9:27am On May 28, 2018
Please call 07018404961 (Sunday) or visit Akuchinyerenwata Oil and Gas Ltd at 4, Agunlejika Street, Ijesha (Lawanson), Surulere, Lagos.

They offer solutions to all kinds of firefighting related problem.

They supply, install, service, refill equipment like portable fire extinguishers, FM-200 Fire Suppression System, Novec1230, Fire Alarm Systems and much more.

This is their website www.akuchinyerenwatagroup.com

Or just Google Akuchinyerenwata Oil and Gas Ltd for more details.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by 3kay945(m): 9:32am On May 28, 2018
fashrola:

Don't test fire extinguishers except you are ready to fight fire...

Once you press the plunger, it's gone and you need to refill it again

I don't know bro, I just wanted to confirm if it was working o, so I pressed it small.
I learnt new stuff today. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Readonee35L(m): 9:47am On May 28, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
do we really need it
just drive safe
service your motor when due
nor buy any car wey dem writr clean toks accident free Cold AC cold room standard bla bla bla.
once u don see VIN of d motor
na dia u go decide if na to buy cartonbof extinguishers
or to just buy one lock up.
na d kind car u buy go determine
with bad and inexperienced rewire wey dey everywhr
if he go by mistake connect wire wrongly
omo na oyo o cause God help u say men na when u dey fill your car tank for filling station na dia fire start.
God forbid bad tin
I read your comments in the auto sections contained with lots. Of mediocore content . but i choose to ignore.
Dont come to this cartalk to mislead people on your own theories.

A fire extinguisher is necessary and a must have. It baffles me you think only abused cars car go up in flames. Brand New vehicles can also go up in flames for whatever reason.
A fire extinguisher is necessary it might not be a fire accident in your car but you can also save someone else's life in case they have a fire incident.

I dont expect a reasonable response from you than your rough statements. All you need to do is prove it again smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Shalomc(f): 10:03am On May 28, 2018
Olagsolags:
Go buy another one. Dem no dey fill am 4 9ja..
Next keep quiet and learn.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Cosplay: 10:14am On May 28, 2018
Pot:

I read your comments in the auto sections contained with lots. Of mediocore content . but i choose to ignore.

A fire extinguisher is necessary and a must have. It baffles me you think only abused cars car go up in flames. Brand New vehicles can also go up in flames for whatever reason.
A fire extinguisher is necessary it might not be a fire accident in your car but you can also save someone else's life in case they have a fire incident.

I dont expect a reasonable response from you than your rough statements. All you need to do is prove it again smiley

wink wink

[img]http://4.bp..com/-qquujepIT_g/Ul6CtMIisdI/AAAAAAAAXR4/6e8wYIR-kIU/s1600/pot-and-kettke.jpg[/img]
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by deic9(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2018
fashrola:

Please let's refrain from giving professional advice if it is not our profession. Visit a professional if you want to choose an extinguisher for a particular class of fire, thanks.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by 3kay945(m): 10:46am On May 28, 2018
Readonee35L:

Help me warn the guy o, some peeps may be having second thought on what he stated up there.

Imagine that.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by fashrola(m): 10:55am On May 28, 2018
deic9:

Please let's refrain from giving professional advice if it is not our profession. Visit a professional if you want to choose an extinguisher for a particular class of fire, thanks.

I'm a Seafarer and I've been trained on different fire fighting systems ranging from inert gas systems, fire hydrant, different fire extinguishers ( For different classes of fire) and how to fight fire in a dangerous environment (Onboard ships)

I don't give advice on things i have no idea about....thanks
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Barzinime(m): 11:31am On May 28, 2018
Haba, you should stop saying stuffs you dont know...thats how we spread fake news & stories

They do refill quite cheap, i know a guy that does that but i dont have his contact anymore but a new one cost around N1500 for 1kg

But you have to change/service(refill) it every 6months
wink
Olagsolags:
Go buy another one. Dem no dey fill am 4 9ja..
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Bantino(m): 12:31pm On May 28, 2018
3kay945:

That's the issue, like I said before, car extinguishers are meant to be used once.

lesson learnt, do not test it again, just look at the gauge when you buy it to certify that it is ok
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Bantino(m): 12:33pm On May 28, 2018
fashrola:

Don't assume grin

It is refillable... If you are PH, there are lot of places to refill your fire extinguishers...

And a service tag will be pasted on it on next due date

Noted

"I don't think..." pre-suposses that I am not sure
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by 3kay945(m): 11:44pm On May 28, 2018
Bantino:

That's the issue, like I said before, car extinguishers are meant to be used once.

lesson learnt, do not test it again, just look at the gauge when you buy it to certify that it is ok

I have gotten a new one today at 1500naire. I didn't try to test it again as advised.
Maybe someday I will pack the two obsolete ones to refill. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Bantino(m): 1:04am On May 29, 2018
3kay945:

I have gotten a new one today at 1500naire. I didn't try to test it again as advised.
Maybe someday I will pack the two obsolete ones to refill. Thanks.

You're welcome.
Re: How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? by Erotik(m): 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
Please call 07018404961 (Sunday) or visit Akuchinyerenwata Oil and Gas Ltd at 4, Agunlejika Street, Ijesha (Lawanson), Surulere, Lagos.

They offer solutions to all kinds of firefighting related problem.

They supply, install, service, refill equipment like portable fire extinguishers, FM-200 Fire Suppression System, Novec1230, Fire Alarm Systems and much more.

This is their website www.akuchinyerenwatagroup.com

Or just Google Akuchinyerenwata Oil and Gas Ltd for more details.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mymoto Blog: Chevorlet Volt, A Car That Uses Petrol And Electricity. / When Is The Right Time To Wash Your Radiator? / Toyota Camry 1999-2001 Vs 2002-2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.