Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? (8300 Views)

Photos: How To Prevent Being Cheated By Your Mechanic / 0 / Recommend Your Mechanic, Auto Parts Dealer Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by eddy42k(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2012
have You ever fooled your mechanic? i have severally!!!

There was a time my car was jerking , i took it to my so called experience mechanic he asked me to buy a new fuel pump.

i tried to convince him to service it but he said the pump was weak then i agreed to buy another one from LADIPO market.

Instead i took it home removed the net from the suction it was blocked i cleaned it and took it back to him to fix after fixing he was so happy and said 'U SEE I SAY NA D PUMP DON WEAK SEE AS E DEY WORK WELL WELL NOW WEY U DON BUY TOKUNBO PUT AM'...

i shook my head and wondered if this man was a doctor
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by mrkels(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2012
Some are very very daft, their reasoning baffles me. All they do is try and error. What do you expect from illetrates who got to learn the job to survive? Its not as if being a mechanic was their life long dream. Anyways some have gained useful experience and now have the know-how. Thes ones however, are very few. And about playing tricks on the mechanic, yes, but they have played more tricks on me than I have on them, silly people. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by Valiantvaliant(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
Can someone tell me, what is the bleeping criteria for a topic to make front page?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by gramci: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
Valiantvaliant: Can someone tell me, what is the bleeping criteria for a topic to make front page?

There are sponsored thread on NL
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by KOMBE: 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
I once told my mechanic to check the noise on my car and he confirmed the tie rod is bad but wanted to use some ridiculous amount of money to repair it. I told him that the money is not available now. I simply went Ikoku and bought the parts but took it to another person. I usually have three good mechanics.
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by 10over101: 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
@Poster..now we know that u have a car! Clap for yourself..mtcwheeeeew
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by 10over101: 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
Valiantvaliant: Can someone tell me, what is the bleeping criteria for a topic to make front page?
Shit Happens
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by ifihearam: 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
Una dey make me laff here sometimes,nor be who get motor dey get mechanicpeople wey nor get tire sef u dey ask dem whether dem don fool mechanic before??na their yansh the mechanic go repairmumu thread. And it made front page..

Dat reminds me wetin make nairaland dry 2day abi sexkillz don ban everybody?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by CHIMCO(m): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2012
Pls allow the poster. The ways and manner these road side mechanics re handling our vehicles at our expence calls for serious discussion.
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by tonyx4x44(m): 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
mrkels: Some are very very daft, their reasoning baffles me. All they do is try and error. What do you expect from illetrates who got to learn the job to survive? Its not as if being a mechanic was their life long dream. Anyways some have gained useful experience and now have the know-how. Thes ones however, are very few. And about playing tricks on the mechanic, yes, but they have played more tricks on me than I have on them, silly people. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by bigx(m): 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
ifihearam: Una dey make me laff here sometimes,nor be who get motor dey get mechanicpeople wey nor get tire sef u dey ask dem whether dem don fool mechanic before??na their yansh the mechanic go repairmumu thread. And it made front page..

If you no get tire find another thread please
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
eddy42k: have You ever fooled your mechanic? i have severally!!!

There was a time my car was jerking , i took it to my so called experience mechanic he asked me to buy a new fuel pump.

i tried to convince him to service it but he said the pump was weak then i agreed to buy another one from LADIPO market.

Instead i took it home removed the net from the suction it was blocked i cleaned it and took it back to him to fix after fixing he was so happy and said 'U SEE I SAY NA D PUMP DON WEAK SEE AS E DEY WORK WELL WELL NOW WEY U DON BUY TOKUNBO PUT AM'...

Funny u. grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
there was a time my plugs were bleeped up and I called the mecho to my office. he spent like 1-2 hours, no show....he said I had to change the brainbox, and something else, can't remember, just told him to fashie, that I'd leave the car in the office till end of the month, no money. so I didn't have to pay him, cos the car didn't start, although I gave him 1 k for okada and coke. after he left, I started the car and it worked fine...I continued using it without letting him know it was working... I felt I had just scored my first point...100-001!!! felt good sha...cos I was a little broke then.
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by KINGwax(m): 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
CHIMCO: Pls allow the poster. The ways and manner these road side mechanics re handling our vehicles at our expence calls for serious discussion.
and how is his post helping that?
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by eddy42k(m): 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
10 over 10: @Poster..now we know that u have a car! Clap for yourself..mtcwheeeeew
i laff at ur reasoning sense in chinese grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by eddy42k(m): 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
ifihearam: Una dey make me laff here sometimes,nor be who get motor dey get mechanicpeople wey nor get tire sef u dey ask dem whether dem don fool mechanic before??na their yansh the mechanic go repairmumu thread. And it made front page..

guy u dont belong here , ...try FOOD OR PHONE SECTION it sure suit u tongue tongue
thank me later
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2012

u didnt fool him but u fooled urself. Thats to tell u that if a fuel pump can be cleaned/treated like u did, then how sure are u that u wouldnt be buying a treated shock or fuel filter, oil filter etc when next u have to change yours?

Playing smart sometimes might bounce back to hurt

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
gramci:

There are sponsored thread on NL
by who? mukinatu?
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by Abbey2sam(m): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
is like the moderators don't knw their jobs ooo!!!..how can this make the front page for God'S sake? When there are issues to be discuss..someone is tellin me how he fooled himself n his machanis....pls don't redicule nairaland cuz am proud of dis forum........
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by ifihearam: 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
eddy42k:

guy u dont belong here , ...try FOOD OR PHONE SECTION it sure suit u tongue tongue
thank me later

Ode buruku
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by MMM2(m): 12:19am On Jul 29, 2012
My driver normally take my cars 2 d mechanic not me.
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by mykhel995: 12:27am On Jul 29, 2012
10 over 10: @Poster..now we know that u have a car! Clap for yourself..mtcwheeeeew
I trust your trek home from the cybercafe was uneventful. When you see this comment please re-evaluate your life and post future comments wisely.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by DExplorer1: 12:49am On Jul 29, 2012

That dude is another terrible mod i've seen on Nairaland. Go ahead and check omo-to-dun (don't know if the name is right) that dude is calm and that's why he acts accordingly, maybe it has to do with age. SexKillz or killz, his activities truly needs to be checked else all that will remain in that section will be total humbug.

@OP, i will always prefer a mechanic to a car. I won't dare take my car around every mechanic for repair if the competence has not be proven. I think in your case, that wasn't your regular mechanic and if he is then you been able to fool him confirms his incompetence.

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by NeuroBoss(m): 1:50am On Jul 29, 2012

I thought by saying you fooled him, you ended up making him do something on ur car freely you should've paid for but on getting to know you eventually let go of some cash, I shook my head wondering, "Is this man WISE at all?"
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by Nobody: 2:57am On Jul 29, 2012
I dnt see pple fooling their mechanics here...All I see is pple fooling themselves...And how did this make its way to the front page!!! I'm gettin tired of this nL sef...Pple jst start all forms of rubbish threads and they make the front page....Shior
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by saalma(f): 3:31am On Jul 29, 2012

Must everything be on nairaland? Is it that if you don't start a thread, no matter how stu.pi.d u will die, abi how?
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by Reference(m): 5:50am On Jul 29, 2012
saalma:

Must everything be on nairaland? Is it that if you don't start a thread, no matter how stu.pi.d u will die, abi how?

Take a look at the front page. There is no criteria for topics as long as they are not indescent. Its a matter of interest. Like a library, not every book has to be read by everyone. Doesn't catch your fancy simply ignore it but it is wise to read and appreciate as much material as you can. You never know.
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by Frenchkiss(m): 6:44am On Jul 29, 2012

U get mind o. I've never tried tried it.
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by DammyFx: 7:30am On Jul 29, 2012
I did the same thing years back but i still ended up changing the pump in few weeks... undecided
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by mecussey(m): 7:58am On Jul 29, 2012
My plugs started soaking after regular servicing, after cleaning and changing plugs every day all to no avail, the mech concluded that the engine rings are bad. I asked him how, something that was working well before the servicing? He said soaking plugs is a sign of bad engine, that i should either change the engine or work on the rings. Imagine a car that is not smoking, and moves with with full force i ask? He said ok i should start using adapter plugs, that they dont soak. I try that nothing. I came the next day and asked him to remove the oil he put during the servicing and put the new one i bought, and uptill today, my car is sound. Imagine the ediot telling me to change engine.
Re: Have You Ever Fooled Your Mechanic? by emsquare(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2012
bigx:

If you no get tire find another thread please

Lmao!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lexus RX350 P0037 Code / No Duty Payment No Plate Number Issuance - Customsng / Dangers Of Overloading Your Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.