Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,277 members, 7,826,080 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black (798 Views)

Christmas Message: PDP Urges Nigerians To Vote Out APC In 2019 / 2019: Shehu Sani Urges Nigerians To Vote Out PDP And APC / In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by Tittos: 11:26am On May 28, 2018
Today has been set aside by leaders of Civil Society Joint Nigeria Crisis Action Committee, JN-CAC, as the National Day of Mourning.
This is to rally all Nigerians to denounce the level of impunity and frequency of violent killings in the country in recent times.

A statement by Chidi Odinkalu, Yemi Adamolekun, Abiodun Baiyewu, Ier Jonathan-Ichaver and Auwal Musa (Rafsanjani) on behalf of the Co-Ordinating Committee of JN-CAC, said the day of national mourning would witness a set of activities for remembrance, solidarity and awakening to the challenges confronting the nation.

According to the group, the day will be marked by a series of symbolic actions such as “mourning at Unity Fountain, Abuja. As a sign of our collective mourning, citizens will organise and hold solemn assemblies and ‘Say their names’ ceremonies across the country.

“We will, from May 28, commence the dispatch of citizen-led humanitarian convoys to sites of mass killings and displacements across the country. We will call on the Nigerian government and its agencies to provide protection to these convoys and will enlist the communities through and to whom we will be going to defend the rights of Nigerians to show solidarity with one another.

“We invite all Nigerians to wear black on May 28, or at least a black arm band, or black ribbons as a symbol of solidarity.”

The group lamented that “the level of impunity and frequency of violent killings in Nigeria in recent times is a source of grave concern to citizens and all people who wish our country well.

“Even with the suppression of information on these killings, it is quite clear that the toll of killings has risen dramatically in recent times.

“From Abia to Zamfara, Nigerians wake up daily to fresh news of mass atrocities which are barely acknowledged by government and a vast majority of fellow citizens. This is an anomaly that must end.

“As a country, we seem to have normalised the violent killings of our own citizens and the pillage of our communities. Reports have reduced human lives lost to mere numbers that are bandied and argued about without thought of properly accounting

for them, or according them dignity by naming them.

“Politicians who should be interested in currying our ballots are manifestly unconcerned.”

http://thetnmedia..com.ng/2018/05/national-day-of-mourning-jn-cac-urges.html?m=1
Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:32am On May 28, 2018
It's necessary.
The killings are getting too much day by day.
Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by Firefire(m): 11:54am On May 28, 2018
post=67952808:
It's necessary.
The killings are getting too much day by day.

Buhary has failed as expected. He promised to defeat Boko Haram within 3 months of his administration.

1 Like

Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:56am On May 28, 2018
Firefire:

Buhary has failed as expected. He promised to defeat Boko Haram within 3 months of his administration.
He tried and he is still trying.

The foundation has been destroyed for a long time, it will take time.
Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by Firefire(m): 11:59am On May 28, 2018
post=67953535:

He tried and he is still trying.

The foundation has been destroyed for a long time, it will take time.

Mohomodu Buhary is part of the foundation. He truncated our young democracy in the ‘80s.

If not, Nigeria would have gone far in good governance and stable democracy.

2 Likes

Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:01pm On May 28, 2018
Firefire:

Mohomodu Buhary is part of the foundation. He truncated our young democracy in the ‘80s.

If not, Nigeria would have gone far in good governance and stable democracy.
Hmmmm, to be continued.
It's 6:01am where I am for now bro.
Talk to you later.
Cheers!
Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by Firefire(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2018
post=67953663:

Hmmmm, to be continued.
It's 6:01am where I am for now bro.
Talk to you later.
Cheers!

Sarki. Enjoy that side and continue to defend bad governance back at home. Posterity will judge us all.
Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:05pm On May 28, 2018
Firefire:

Sarki. Enjoy that side and continue to defend bad governance back at home. Posterity will judge us all.
Wrong number.
Sarrki , The name you mentioned is a comrade.
Someone I really respect a lot.
We support the President and keep praying for the betterment of Nigeria and nothing more than that.

Anyways....you can believe what you want to believe my broda.
See ya!
Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by Firefire(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2018
post=67953776:

Wrong number.
The name you mentioned is a comrade.
We support the President and keep praying for the betterment of Nigeria and nothing more than that.

See ya!

Is okay, continue to support bad governance and bad leadership while you secure your own children’s future in a strange land.

Remember, home is still home no matter how long you stay away.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:11pm On May 28, 2018
Firefire:

Is okay, continue to support bad governance and bad leadership while you secure your own children’s future in a strange land.

Remember, home is still home no matter how long you stay away.

God bless Nigeria.
Went for business.
I'll be back soon.
We are all in this together.
Our generation will make Nigeria great again if we make good choices.
No place home.
To Nigeria we belong and we will do all we can to make the country better for the citizen.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by Firefire(m): 12:16pm On May 28, 2018
post=67953945:

Went for business.
I'll be back soon.
We are all in this together.
Our generation will make Nigeria great again if we make good choices.
No place home.
To Nigeria we belong and we will do all we can to make the country better for the citizen.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Good & safe trip with good business

But please stop supporting bad governance. Buhary is a mistake.
Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:18pm On May 28, 2018
Firefire:

Good & safe trip with good business

But please stop supporting bad governance. Buhary is a mistake.
Everyone can't support the same person or be align politically.
It is not possible.
I respect your choice politically and do respect mine too.
Be good and thanks!
Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by Firefire(m): 12:20pm On May 28, 2018
post=67954121:

Everyone can't support the same person or be align politically.
It is not possible.
I respect your choice politically and do respect mine too.
Be good and thanks!

IF we must get our country back, the recycling of the same old fools called politicians should be stopped.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: National Day Of Mourning- JN -CAC Urges Nigerians To Wear Black by Tittos: 7:39pm On May 28, 2018
post=67953776:

Wrong number.
The name you mentioned is a comrade.

See ya!

You are not in Nigeria. The terrible condition that the leadership has put us in doesn't affect you, you support a 'comrade' who earns his salary by defending the leadership and you think you are not one of the issues of the country. The president has a responsible to protect the lives of his citizen. In Benue alone more than a thousand are dead from terrorism. If the president is trying his best and yet we are in the condition, then it simply means his best is not good and competent let him give way to a younger person whose best will yield results instead of deaths. The failures of our former leaders should not be a justification for the failure of the present.

(1) (Reply)

The Horrendous PTF Fraud: How N 25 Billion Was Stolen Under Buhari’s Watch! / Former Anambra Governor- Arresting Obasanjo Will Be The End Of Buhari / Cowards Welcomes Bukola Saraki Into Ilorin After Victory At The Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.