Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) (56027 Views)

See The Stadium Built By Covenant University (pics, Video) / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by barojana: 2:28pm On May 28, 2018
@CUHEBRON shares photo of Covenant University's Nearly Completed Stadium. The stadium is said to rival many stadia of third division clubs in the English premier leagues like Eastville stadium, Sixfields stadium, Bescot Stadium, Priestfield stadium etc

The stadium is also said to be a Fifa certifiable stadium with high(3) grade Astroturf and seats with backrest which means it can serve as a training center for world cup matches like other university stadia in developed nations. At this time it is unclear what/if club would adopt the CU stadium as an home stadium.

All hands are on deck to complete the stadium in time Covenant university 2018 convocation ceremony.

According to reports by churchgist the stadium was funded by Winners Chapel as an endowment for Covenant university.

https://twitter.com/CUHEBRON/status/999635029272727553?s=19

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by CodeTemplar: 2:36pm On May 28, 2018
Nice work. When is King of all Unifasiti going to sample theirs.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by barojana: 3:02pm On May 28, 2018
CodeTemplar:

You just attacked the hive, the bees are coming. Take cover o cheesy

By the way this stadium(7,000 capacity) I heard was built at 500 million naira from the scratch. while onikan(5000 capacity being extended to 7,500)) is being renovated at 1.7billion naira by lasg
Codetemplar

* picture taken at night weeks ago before tartan tracks...

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by CodeTemplar: 3:13pm On May 28, 2018
barojana:

Most of those unis get 11bn Naira annually and have little to show for it.

Another school getting less than 6 billon Naira is building stadiums and have good infrastructure.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 28, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Most of those unis get 11bn Naira annually and have little to show for it.

Another school getting less than 6 billon Naira is building stadiums and have good infrastructure.
Modified
I think our public universities should be privatized.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 3:58pm On May 28, 2018
The federal government and the useless ministry of education should go to oyedepo to learn more about University management and administration, I don't care if it is tithes, offerings, sacrifice or burnt offerings they are using to develop the winners Chapel Universities but one thing is clear, it is working and the difference is clear, even Lucifer and his host of demons will beg to be admitted into the University but look at all the federal universities in Nigeria, they look like glorified nursery schools despite the billions budgetted yearly that ends in private pockets, useless Apc led federal criminals and political robbers grin

206 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by Giddymoney(m): 3:58pm On May 28, 2018
grin
Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by livinus009(m): 3:59pm On May 28, 2018
Convenat University has over the years proven it's self to be a tough competitor for Big Public Universities Accademicaly and Morally.

The Stadium again is another feet most public Universities are yet to reach.
Kudos to them.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by freemanbubble: 3:59pm On May 28, 2018
I think Uniben have the same type

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 28, 2018
asuustrike2009:

I like our public universities should be privatized.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 28, 2018
ok
barojana:

Start running

1 Share

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by ladyF(f): 4:00pm On May 28, 2018
Nice one.

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by nabegibeg: 4:00pm On May 28, 2018
grin angry
Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by Gangster1ms: 4:00pm On May 28, 2018
Can naija team play here?
Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by olawamide042(m): 4:00pm On May 28, 2018
Ok....
Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by NwaNimo1(m): 4:00pm On May 28, 2018
They need to find a renter.,,,,
Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by nephemmy(m): 4:01pm On May 28, 2018
who gives a Bleep? lemme see

searching........NO ONE
Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by afroniger: 4:01pm On May 28, 2018
Tithe money at work. undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by uzeba(m): 4:01pm On May 28, 2018
Wow!!
churches should just take over all universities in Nigeria!!
Haba!! na students go play on top that stadium Ooooh

8 Likes

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by lexy070(m): 4:01pm On May 28, 2018
They should have a football team in the Nigerian league. If they should register a club within 10years they can get to play a club World Cup final. I believe it's possible cause the ministry it self is a visionary one and they do everything possible to fulfil it.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by BlackHatNaija: 4:02pm On May 28, 2018
That's a good one
Hope the Nigerian league can use it for matches.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 28, 2018
Oyedepo is a scammer... argue with your armpit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by MSN1(m): 4:02pm On May 28, 2018
Ps2%2bBB+Q5+4SALE+%
Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by Powerexpert: 4:03pm On May 28, 2018
unilorin has one

1 Like

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by Gerrard59(m): 4:03pm On May 28, 2018
asuustrike2009:

I like our public universities should be privatized.

And rendered the vast majority of the populace illiterates due to inability to fund their studies? Where is that done?

Congratulations to CU - less than ten years from now, I see her being the best in Nigeria and amongst the top 10 in Africa.

However:

The future is private universities. Most millennials' parents attended public schools, but they (milennials) attend(ed) private schools - from primary to secondary, and to extent, increasingly, universities. In the future, these millennials' children will attend private universities. How many people are willing to send their kids to public schools these days (primary to secondary)?

However, this is not how things should be in a well-run nation. We're abdicating the responsibility of providing quality education to private individuals which is wrong as the vast majority of the populace will always attend public institutions. In a place like Singapore, the rich, middle class and lower class individuals attend public schools and public schools in saner places are where quality education is provided at affordable costs. Abdicating the responsibility of providing quality education to private individuals will get to the stage of the US where it is your economic background that will say if you're to obtain quality education and not your brain power. However, unlike the US where there are surfeit of scholarships and financial assistance, we don't have such here.

Will I send my kids to a private university if I remain in Nigeria? Affirmative! But is that how things ought to be? No. It should be that parents who desire to send their kids to private universities do so because they desire to, not because that is the only option of obtaining quality education for their wards.

The class war in the future will be epic to watch

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by lloyds(m): 4:04pm On May 28, 2018
I attend Redeem, but I admit that Oyedepo has over many other pastors is his planning and effective organisational skills / gift.

He displays the spirit of excellence in all his ventures.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by thesicilian: 4:04pm On May 28, 2018
What's the capacity?
Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by Angelb4: 4:05pm On May 28, 2018
CodeTemplar:

UNILAG, ABU and Ibadan people go chop you o

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by chubinwa(m): 4:05pm On May 28, 2018
This pics made me go mediocre abt my school. lol
Re: Covenant University's Stadium Almost Completed (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:06pm On May 28, 2018
This is lovely....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SUG Election At Federal Polytechnic Offa Turns Bloody, Many Students Killed / Best Primary Schools In Lagos / Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.