Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,495 members, 7,861,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:05 PM

Would This Competition Really Unearth Capable Potentials In Africa? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Would This Competition Really Unearth Capable Potentials In Africa? (253 Views)

Are You Searching An Expert Who Is Capable Of Creating A Professional Website / Finally Facebook in competition as Shoelace Emerged powered by Google / Do You Have Interest And Capable Of managing website for people (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Would This Competition Really Unearth Capable Potentials In Africa? by aningnana(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2018
I know that Africa is a place of great potential. I know this because, I am African and I live here. I have had the opportunity and privilege to meet and interact with some very talented people. I look at what some of them are doing and I know that Africa has a bright future.

For someone who has dabbled in tech for a fair few years, I can say that, I have met many extraordinary people in the field. When you are in your house, you believe that you are king of the world. That holds true till you step outside and realize that you are average at best. I say this because of some of the amazing things I have seen others do with a computer.

Unfortunately, a lot of these people do not get the recognition they deserve. Some fall deep into obscurity and we never hear from them again. At this point, I ask, “What happens to their potential?”

They end up not achieving much or they end up working as the tech guy in a company. This unfortunate plight is what many of our African brothers and sisters face on a regular basis. Some abandon this dream and others consistently push to no avail.

Fortunately for us, the WealthBankers Foundation has come up with an amazing project called the prodigy hunt. It is a competition where talented and skilled people, 30 years or younger can exhibit their skills and talents to the world. These “prodigies” should be a citizen and resident of one of the 12 competing countries.

When I first came across this competition, I was stunned by it and the sheer amount of money that was being given away. $10,000 is the amount for the grand finale but at the country level, each winner gets to walk away with a $1,000.

I got in touch with the team behind this competition and volunteered for the program. So far, I am impressed with what I have seen.

I would like to appeal to my fellow webmasters here to tell others about this competition. I do hope that someone in the field of tech wins the competition though. That is just my personal bias by the way.

You can check it out here.

1 Like

Re: Would This Competition Really Unearth Capable Potentials In Africa? by airsaylongcon: 5:32am On May 29, 2018
All shades of advertising....

(1) (Reply)

Blogging Tutorial / We Want To Help You Help You Grow Your Business / Free Email Sender Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.