Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,768 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job (476 Views)

Israel Man Using A Fake French Passport Caught In Malaysia With Guns And Bullets / $2 Million Raised For Toddler Whose Parents Were Killed In The July 4 shooting / Meet Mamoudou Gassama: The Malian Who Saved A Child In France, The Job Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 28, 2018
A Malian migrant, hailed as a hero after mounting a daring rescue to save a small boy dangling from a balcony in Paris, is to be made a French citizen.

Mamoudou Gassama won widespread praise after climbing the outside of the building to save the four-year-old.

Video showed him being cheered on by spectators as he pulled himself from balcony to balcony to the fourth floor.

After meeting him at the Elysee Palace, President Emmanuel Macron said he would be made a naturalised citizen.

He personally thanked Mr Gassama, gave him a medal for courage and said he would also be offered a role in the fire service.

Why migration is in the genes of Malians
Mr Gassama is said to have arrived in France last year, taking the long and dangerous journey to Europe via a boat over the Mediterranean to Italy.

The drama that thrust him to fame unfolded on Saturday evening on a street in the north of the city.

Mr Gassama said he had been walking past when he saw a crowd gathered in front of the building.

He told Mr Macron: "I just didn't have time to think, I ran across the road to go and save him.

"I just climbed up and thank God, God helped me. The more I climbed the more I had the courage to climb up higher, that's it," he added.

He said that the boy was crying when he hauled him to safety and had also suffered an injured foot.

Firefighters arrived to find the child had already been rescued.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44275776
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 28, 2018
H
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by madridguy(m): 5:06pm On May 28, 2018
Good.
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by madridguy(m): 5:11pm On May 28, 2018
Chai, Oyinbo will surely appreciate you. It is time for me to port into the US, who knows I can safe President Trump from falling from the balcony tongue

igbodefender:

After meeting him at the Elysee Palace, President Emmanuel Macron said he would be made a naturalised citizen.

He personally thanked Mr Gassama, gave him a medal for courage and said he would also be offered a role in the fire service.

Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by Anigreat: 5:12pm On May 28, 2018
Good one

if it where in Nigeria, he would have automatic employment to herd cow in daura.
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 28, 2018
madridguy:
Chai, Oyinbo will surely appreciate you. It is time for me to port into the US, who knows I can safe President Trump from falling from the balcony tongue

I hope our slay queens and trenders are seeing how to trend 'profitably'. grin
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by eyeview: 5:23pm On May 28, 2018
If it were in naija, the IGP will take the glory and tell the world how his men on hearing the baby's cry from their office swung into action and rescued the boy.
As for the real hero, they will secretly slam him with illegal immigrants charges

1 Like

Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by Lucasbalo(m): 4:49am On May 29, 2018
madridguy:

If That guy had done that in the present US, I can safely assure you that the racist Trump and his ICE henchmen will probably deport him back to Mali for being undocumented. So if you save Trampy from falling off the WH balcony, believe me you will still end up in Nigeria via deportation. That's how vile a man Trampy is.
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by madridguy(m): 4:51am On May 29, 2018
I doubt it tongue

Lucasbalo:
If That guy had done that in the present US, I can safely assure you that the racist Trump and his ICE henchmen will probably deport him back to Mali for being undocumented.
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by Lucasbalo(m): 4:52am On May 29, 2018
madridguy:
I doubt it tongue

I know him much better than you do. He ain't worth a Nickel.
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by madridguy(m): 4:53am On May 29, 2018
You live in the US?

Lucasbalo:
I know him much better than you do. He ain't worth a Nickel.
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by Lucasbalo(m): 4:56am On May 29, 2018
madridguy:
You live in the US?

Yes. I have known of him as an unrepentant racist for over 30 years. That's my main grouse with him. I do not like any one who think of me as a second class citizen or subhuman.
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by madridguy(m): 5:01am On May 29, 2018
Got your point now.

Lucasbalo:
Yes. I have known of him as an unrepentant racist for over 30 years. That's my main grouse with him. I do not like any one who think of me as a second class citizen or subhuman.
Re: 'spiderman' Who Saved Toddler Meets Macron, Gets French Passport, Automatic Job by donestk(m): 5:47am On May 29, 2018
If I did same, I'd also be granted citizenship but posthumously

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Making History As Successful President In Economy-CNN / George H.W. Bush, The 41st U.S. President And Father Of The 43rd, Has Died At 94 / Why China Creates Its First Military Base In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.