Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep (2193 Views)

Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep / Ebonyi State University (ebsu) Post Ume Has Been Postponed / Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep by Saintdix(m): 6:35am On May 28, 2010
The house of reprentative yesterday orderd the fed ministry of edu and NUC to ensure immediate abolition of Post-University Matriculation Examination(post-ume) in the national university. Goto>>www.thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/48121/1/Reps-order-stoppage-of-post-UME-exams-/page1.html OR Jst goto www.thenationonlineng.net   Read 4 urself and share your view.
Re: Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep by Mobinga: 7:38am On May 28, 2010
Reps order stoppage of
Post-UME exams

By Victor Oluwasegun Published
Today News Rating:

The House of Representatives
yesterday ordered the Federal
Ministry of Education and the
National Universities Commission
(NUC) to ensure the immediate
abolition of Post-University
Matriculation Examination (Post-
UME) in the nation's universities.

To ensure that the resolution is
abided with, the House
mandated its Committee on
Legislative Compliance to
enforce it.

Members also resolved that the
House committee on Education
and Justice should investigate
the collection of N10, 000 by
the Joint Admissions and
Matriculations Board (JAMB)
from candidates whose aresults
are being withheld with a view
to release it.

This was sequel to the adoption
of resolutions on two motion
brought before the House by
Hon. Samson Positive and Hon.
Abubarkar Shehu Bunu.

In a motion titled: "Abolition of
Post University Matriculation
Examination (Post UME) in
Nigerian Universities," Positive
noted that the introduction of
post matriculation examination
in Nigerian Universities is an
aberration.

According to him, the exercise is
"subjective, adjudged with
stress and also an exploitation
of candidates and parents."

He said that the exercise is
associated with the risk of
travelling long distances by the
candidates and that they
spend" within the range of N15,
000 to N30, 000.

Positive stated: "The current
introduction of Unified Tertiary
Matriculation Examination
(UTMA) by Joint Admissions and
Matriculation Board (JAMB)
where candidates have six
choices -two of universities and
two of Polytechnics and two of
Colleges of Education renders
Post University Matriculation
Examination unnecessary."

He concluded that in spite of
the fact that the admission
offered by the Joint Admissions
and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
is provisional, "Nigerian
Universities conduct Post
Matriculation Examination only
to raise their internally
generated revenue (IGR) at the
detriment of our poor
candidates and parents."
Re: Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep by lovethk: 7:51am On May 28, 2010
I want 2 say a big thanx to the House of Rep.
'cos they know the heart of the students.
They safe us 4rm spendin lots of money
both on transport and runs.
Re: Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep by SLIGHT(m): 9:23am On May 28, 2010
loveth k:

I want 2 say a big thanx to the House of Rep.
'cos they know the heart of the students.
They safe us 4rm spendin lots of money
both on transport and runs.
so u spend a lot on runs? lol just kidding, i think its goodnews for the children seeking admission
Re: Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep by ifkunlethe: 9:57am On May 28, 2010
SLIGHT:

so u spend a lot on runs? lol just kidding, i think its goodnews for the children seeking admission

What can i say? in your mind now, it's children that seek for admission? Learning does not have a limitation. A load of folks look for admission eigther by Jamb or DE. some have already finished yet they seek for admission for one course or the other, I hope it works sha cos Naija of nowadays dont stick to what they say, all d best lol.
Re: Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep by ccollins(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2010
JAMB ITSELF IS CORRUPT IN AWARDING ADMISSION.I JUST THOUGHT POST-UTME WILL CLEAR CORRUPT PRATICESOF STUDENTS angry
Re: Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep by Obinoscopy(m): 4:02am On May 29, 2010
Is this for real?
Re: Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep by xteve(m): 6:45am On May 29, 2010
It wont wrk.
Re: Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep by johndavid1(m): 10:20am On May 29, 2010
xteve:

It wont wrk.
says who? angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Aau Ekpoma 2010/2011 2nd Batch Out! / Unilag Diploma 2011/2012 Change Of Course Details / Student Final Year Project Topic On Mis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.