Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities (33221 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Post Ume Has Been Abolished By The House Of Rep / Ebonyi State University (ebsu) Post Ume Has Been Postponed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by fataiiyo(m): 10:09am On Jan 27, 2008
POST UME HAS BEEN COUNCILED IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES
I read it on the paper yesterday that post ume examination has been counciled in all nigeria university, but i don't knw how real it's.
Any1 who has come across this kind of information? should pls sheld more light on it.
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 4:34pm On Jan 27, 2008
not seen that myself.but its goin to beĀ  really bad if its real cos PUME is the best thing that's happened to nigerian universities,
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by ade4prof: 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2008
The Post ume screening examination in Nigeria Universities is Just like a challenges toward your step in storm to the success of your admission.

Advice to all ume candidate this year admission

1 ) Read Hard

2) Connection

and Pray Hard

1 Like

Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by Uzzyan: 12:41am On Jan 28, 2008
Hey Ade as for me the criterion to pass in a skool like UB{Uniben} is study hard and pass.
If u pass the Pume then u are a lucky chap.
For the connection, for where? I have an Uncle in UB as a lecturer and during that period, he told mi that i shld be happy with whatever the skool gives mi.
So u see there ain't no connection ooo. Besides he is a prof. and a member of the skool's senate
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by hanen(f): 8:07am On Jan 28, 2008
i take it you meant 'cancelled' right?
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by ade4prof: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2008
BEYOND THE POST UME SCREENING EXAMINATION IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES

The Implementation of Post Ume examination conducted by Nigeria Universities to to test the challenges of Sub-standard and standard student accros the Nation.

I said for post ume test in Lasu during the First Implementation , the question was 100, I score 57/100 and my aggragate score was 71 offered admission in PHYSICS EDUCATION.

In the case of connection in admission process, A colleagues of mine who score 45 in Futa post ume over 100, The father of Guy was Professor , The Dean of Biochemistry Professor Kolade Impinronti Olruntoba in Biochemistry, when the first Admission list was out, Her name was Number one in the list Kolade Adebayo Oluwafemi living in G.r.a Ikeja with her Mother
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by niyitex: 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2008
post ume must be council because ng univ didn't folow the procedure again.I got 56 in futa post ume for mcb and there is no admission
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 29, 2008
Old wine in a new bottle, huh!

1 Like

Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by penny3008: 11:07am On Jan 29, 2008
Well ,I Pray that the post ume should stop in nigeria because i dont know the usefulness of it .I score well in my post ume but i was not given admission.I want u people to know that all this school who said that the cut off make for there Jamb is 160 ,they are all lieing to people ,they just want people to come for the post ume so that they can make money
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by imhomoh(m): 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2008
PLEASE MAY I KNOW THE NEWSPAPER YOU GOT THAT INFORMATION FROM. I WOLUD LOVE TO READ IT MYSELF.

OR YOU MIGHT PASTE IT OUT HERE 4 OTHERS TO READ IT.

TAKE CARE BYE
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 30, 2008
If post UME was cancelled 2 or 3 years back, I would have been the happiest person
I would have been in 200L right now in University of PortHarcourt

I was offered admission into Port directly from JAMB, but I couldnt go to school cos
of POST UME. What a waste.
Even after writing the exam with my 227 JAMB score, I lost the admission.

If post UME has been cancelled it'll be of great help to students who dont need to go
through the trouble of registration for the silly exam. It will be much easier for students
who are granted admission directly from JAMB.
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by trakos(m): 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2008
it will be a two edged case for admission seekers in Nigeria if this information is genuine.It all depend on schools.
i said this because P-UME has helped many to gain admission and it has also deprived some of the admission.I passed ume in 2006 &2007 with score 233 and 254 respectively but i was never given admission,not even another course.these two occassions in FUTA,i passed their P-UME with the score 53% and 70% respectively as engineering candidate.i later heard that some candidate who scored less was admitted due to one connection or the other.They made a lot of money all in the name of POST-UME.
Thank God i did 2007 MPCE which gave me admission to FED POLY ILARO after a conc post-PCE.Now doind elect/elcet engineering down here.
it will be better if they start using UME for admission directly
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by azeezadez: 4:19pm On Jan 30, 2008
Pls can i use combination of WAEC and NECO to proccess admission are they not going to disqualify me.
Secondly,can one obtain more than one DE form in the same year pls enlight me on this.
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by tunene: 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
if post-UME is cancelled, good for all Nigerians, my brother score 234, 11/13 in English, 13/20 in maths, for unilorin admissions. he was denied even though we were told that the cut-off for the post-UME was 5 and 6 respectively. we heard later the university only admitted enough students from Kwara and Kogi. what manner of federal university is that. I think that is the first Kwara state university while they are thinking of creating the second one this year.

NO MORE POST JAMB!!!!!!
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by dragnet: 8:54am On Jan 31, 2008
May GOD help us all. . . .
Post UME was initially thought to be the key to sanitation of the university admission process. . . .but the reverse has been the case!
Pre-degree,post-ume etc has just turned out to be another money-making venture by the school authorities . . .
Lets consider the amount of trouble aspiring students undertake and the amount of money they spend & the frustration,travails etc. . . .all because they want to get "educated" and guess what comes out of all that? NOTHING !! . .but should that be the case??
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by ade4prof: 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2008
The Implementation of the Post Ume screening examination conducted by the Nigeria Universities accross the global Nigeria tourism and Development is no more consideration as true reflectio due the coalition of the Fraudulent activites , I think he should be concelled by the Federal Government if truel they want to achieve the visssion 2020 dream actualization.
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by ufuoma24(m): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2008
well, am a beneficiary of the p-ume programme so i have no complaints, study hard and stop blaming others for your misfortunes. its not a warning, just a piece of advice. GREAT UNIBEN
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 01, 2008
ufuoma24:

well, am a beneficiary of the p-ume programme so i have no complaints, study hard and stop blaming others for your misfortunes. its not a warning, just a piece of advice. GREAT UNIBEN

That was an awful rude thing to say
The fact that you got admission through Post UME doesnt mean those of us that werent so lucky dont study
and hey for your 411, not being able to gain admission is NOT a misfortune to anyone of us here.
So, WATCH YOUR TONGUE

If you read other people's post very well, am sure you understand what everyone here is trying to say, no one was blaming anyone.
Nigerians and their sense of reasoning.
God help us
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by delejames(m): 11:54am On Feb 01, 2008
ufuoma24:

just some couple of luck for her,and here she is boasting.
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
ufuoma24:

Hey Dude, you misspoke here on this one. You better apologize. PUME is not any way better than straight admission procedure from JAMB and you didn't study harder than anybody complaining about the system. The University education in Nigeria is sucked and you are bragging on this misnomer. Haba Dude!
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by Mustay(m): 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2008
there's no credible source to prove this.

post the link.

and at least, u ought to have mentioned the paper's name, page et al
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by ade4prof: 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2008
Beyond the Implementation Post ume screening examination

I'm Akingboye Omolade Okanlowon undergraduate student from Lagos State University Ojo campus, Faculty of education, Department of Physics , 200LVL

The Post ume is the best way to test one knowledge , So stop acces to sub-standard information Read and Pray to come out with a different
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by ade4prof: 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2008
Beyond the Implementation Post ume screening examination

I'm Akingboye Omolade Okanlowon undergraduate student from Lagos State University Ojo campus, Faculty of education, Department of Physics , 200LVL

The Post ume is the best way to test one knowledge , So stop acces to sub-standard information Read and Pray to come out with a differenta
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by holythug(m): 6:33pm On Feb 01, 2008
i also had a misfotune wit dat dia irrelevant post ume despite meetin all required standards . . . to me d post ume is just anoda source of income for dem. . .will b very happy if dis info is true
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by engrsegs: 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2008
the post ume is okay if and only if the organizers will do the right thing. i av lost admission due 2 post ume twice but does not stop me from reading and i know this year is my year i get the admission leave dose that are boasting alone God will answer us 2.
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 05, 2008
I scored 288 in post ume in Uniport for pharmacy but yet no admission.Some people who didnt even write the post ume were given admission.Is this the way forward of education in Nigeria.I'm calling on the University authority and the federal government to fight for my plight because this will lead us nowhere.My jamb registration number is 72835557II, Ugbeva Elliot
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by jonuel: 11:52am On Feb 06, 2008
if its tru that post jamb has been cancelled, i will be very happy.

kindly post the paper, date and pg.

thanks
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by keji2008(f): 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2008
thats a big lie,don't u know that the post ume is like a source of income for the universities.
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by esilove(m): 3:55pm On Feb 06, 2008
PUME has come to stay. There is no going back. some universities has included part time students to screening test.

e.g. my school. RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by ade4prof: 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2008
The post ume screening examination in Nigeria Universities is for intellectual Purpose
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by ufuoma24(m): 7:38pm On Feb 07, 2008
@ QUEENZY
LIKE I SAID EARLIER, DONT BLAME OTHERS FOR YOUR MISFORTUNES, I GOT EMBARRASED BY THE SAME SYSTEM TIME WITHOUT NUMBER, SO YOUR PAINS ARE MINE AS WELL BUT THAT DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT IF YOU DIDNT MEET THE CRITERIA USED TO ADMIT STUDENTS, SOMEONE ELSE DEFINATELY STUDIED HARDER THAN YOU OR CHEATED BETTER. NO-ONE CAN HOLD YOU BACK IF YOU DO EXTREAMLY WELL. I SAID NOTHING WRONG, JUST STATED A FACT. THE YEARS I DIDNT GET IN, I HAD NO-ONE BUT MYSELF TO BLAME BECAUSE I DIDNT MAKE THE APPROVED SCORES. THIS TIME I WORKED ON MY MISTAKES AND GOT ADMITTED IN ALL THREE UNIVERSITIES I APPLIED FOR. WE DETERMINE OUR FATE, GOD WORKS WITH THE RAW MATERIALS YOU SUPPLY HIM.
Re: Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities by ufuoma24(m): 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2008
i admit that the system is far from perfect, perfection is an illusion. jamb itself isnt perfect. all we can really do is do the best that we can and pray that no-one takes that which is rightfully ours. I KNOW OF INSTANCES WHERE STUDENTS PAY TO GET THETR POST-UME RESULT SCORES INCREASED TO MEET REQUIRED STANDARDS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spending 4+ Years In A Nigerian Institution Is A Waste Of Time / Anambra University Lecturer Wears Boxing Gloves Into Class For Morning Lecture / Cheapest Universities And Polytechnics In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.