Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

And He Died... - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / And He Died... (4900 Views)

Obituary Poster Of A Dog That Died In Ghana (Photo) / My Ram Died And I Roasted It For My Dogs (photos) / My Dog Died Right Now... Goodbye Stone.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

And He Died... by Ishilove: 8:45pm On May 28, 2018
He fought to the bitter end.

The vet stood over him and placed a gizmo on his ancient paws and declared "this dog is over 10 years old!"

Yeah, no kidding. Smh.

He had stopped eating for close to a week and was too weak to even lift himself. He was a living skeleton. It got so bad that my folks were of the opinion that another spirit had entered him because they couldn't understand how an animal could go without food for almost 5 days and yet refused to die.

He rejected everything we fed him, and each time he wanted to ease himself he would wail and cry pitifully because he couldn't get up. He finally got up this morning and tottered around on shaky legs for close to an hour before collapsing again. But yet he still fought.

You could see the hunger and desire to live in his eyes. You could also see the weariness. Old soldier don taya but e no wan die.

Finally, his cries of hunger and pain became too hair raising to live with, so we summoned The Executioner Vet.

Doc said in all his years practicing he had never seen a dog as strong as Ruggedman. A rare breed, he said.

A swift jab of cold steel to his flanks, old Gee stretched a couple of times, his breathing fell, deeper and deeper, until finally his chest stilled...

Adieus my darling.

RuggedMan

November 17, 2002 - May 28, 2018

cry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 8:47pm On May 28, 2018
#hurtsobad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: And He Died... by Tallesty1(m): 8:49pm On May 28, 2018
If only we could show humans, especially our partners half the love and care we show our pets, I'm sure many broken friendships and homes would still be living happily together today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 8:55pm On May 28, 2018
Tallesty1:
If only we could show humans, especially our partners half the love and care we show our pets, I'm sure many broken friendships and homes would still be living happily together today.
We have the capacity for even greater love but humans have chosen to imprison themselves behind walls of selfishness, distrust, anger and hatred.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: And He Died... by jaymichael(m): 9:22pm On May 28, 2018
Ishilove:

The vet stood over him and placed a gizmo on his ancient paws and declared "this dog is over 10 years old!"

Yeah, no kidding. Smh.

He had stopped eating for close to a week and was too weak to even lift himself. He was a living skeleton. It got so bad that my folks were of the opinion that another spirit had entered him because they couldn't understand how an animal could go without food for almost 5 days and yet refused to die.

He rejected everything we fed him, and each time he wanted to ease himself he would wail and cry pitifully because he couldn't get up. He finally got up this morning and tottered around on shaky legs for close to an hour before collapsing again. But yet he still fought.

You could see the hunger and desire to live in his eyes. You could also see the weariness. Old soldier don taya but e no wan die.

Finally, his cries of hunger and pain became too hair raising to live with, so we summoned The Executioner Vet.

Doc said in all his years practicing he had never seen a dog as strong as Ruggedman. A rare breed, he said.

A swift jab of cold steel to his flanks, old Gee stretched a couple of times, his breathing became deeper and deeper, until finally his chest stilled...

Adieus my darling.

RuggedMan

cry
Wetin pain me pass in all dis be say you denied some K9 eating folks some much needed life giving protein.
Well RIP ruggedman.

1 Like

Re: And He Died... by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 28, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Pinture or Adonblivit

RIP to the dog sha

☣ ☠

2 Likes

Re: And He Died... by HarunaWest(m): 9:40pm On May 28, 2018
Tallesty1:
Abi oo like me now.. ave been quarreling with my side chick since yesterday, i no send am. this evening while having dinner, i refused to share my meal with my pet cat.. after so much meowing, i shrugged the kitten off... since then e frown face keep for me... i appeased with fish and milk,, e still do face like Taribo West

3 Likes

Re: And He Died... by MrPresident1: 9:45pm On May 28, 2018
Pele Ishilove

1 Like

Re: And He Died... by Tallesty1(m): 9:47pm On May 28, 2018
Ishilove:

We have the capacity for even greater love but humans have chosen to imprison themselves behind walls of selfishness, distrust, anger and hatred.
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God
2 Timothy 3:1-4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 9:59pm On May 28, 2018
MrPresident1:
Pele Ishilove

Thanks sad
Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 10:00pm On May 28, 2018
Tallesty1:
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God
End times... it's disheartening
Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 10:01pm On May 28, 2018
jaymichael:
Wetin pain me pass in all dis be say you denied some K9 eating folks some much needed life giving protein.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 10:03pm On May 28, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Pinture or Adonblivit

RIP to the dog � sha

☣ ☠

Picture of the skeletal corpse?

Re: And He Died... by Anigreat: 10:06pm On May 28, 2018
cry

You passed away today. I miss you already. I will always miss you. Thank you for all the memories we shared together. I wil forever treasure it. Until we see each other again. I love you so much. #sobing

cheesy

As if i have seen Ruggedman before.

1 Like

Re: And He Died... by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 28, 2018
Ishilove:
Picture of the skeletal corpse?
angry angry angry
Re: And He Died... by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 28, 2018
Tallesty1:

☣ ☠

Baba how fr?

☣ ☠
Re: And He Died... by AyamConfidence(m): 12:12am On May 29, 2018
Okay I've seen all the stories about Ruggedman and I commiserate with you

He was around for a long time.... He was a strong man

It is well.....my condolences

1 Like

Re: And He Died... by safarigirl(f): 12:21am On May 29, 2018
My deepest condolences dear. I'm sure he lived a fulfilling life

2 Likes

Re: And He Died... by CrazyMan(m): 12:32am On May 29, 2018
Eyah...sorry.

I remember sometime last year when I lost my pet goat. I was so devastated because I was the one that ended his life. I just couldn't resist the urge of goat meat pepper soup that I had to kill a loyal pet. May God forgive me. cry

Back to the issue on ground, I'll suggest you give him a befitting burial. Buy casket, sew Ankara, wake keep, lying in state... Etc. I know it will be hard to let go but the Lord will give you strength.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: And He Died... by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:36am On May 29, 2018
Dog had a painful ending, you should have put him down long time ago

1 Like

Re: And He Died... by friendlyadvice: 6:32am On May 29, 2018
Ishilove:

Yeah, no kidding. Smh.

A swift jab of cold steel to his flanks, old Gee stretched a couple of times, his breathing became deeper and deeper, until finally his chest stilled...

Adieus my darling.

RuggedMan

cry

Loool
Re: And He Died... by jaymichael(m): 8:30am On May 29, 2018
Ishilove:
Lol.
Re: And He Died... by Oyindidi(f): 8:40am On May 29, 2018
R.I.P Ruggedman

1 Like

Re: And He Died... by Tallesty1(m): 8:53am On May 29, 2018
OrestesDante:

☣ ☠

Baba how fr?

☣ ☠

Good morning chairman
Re: And He Died... by Beorn: 9:54am On May 29, 2018
Accept my condolence, Ishi.

Your dog have died, but its manhood lives on.

1 Like

Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 10:23am On May 29, 2018
friendlyadvice:

Loool
What's funny?
Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 10:24am On May 29, 2018
Beorn:
Accept my condolence, Ishi.

Your dog have died, but its manhood lives on.
Lol. His manhood left with him o
Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 10:24am On May 29, 2018
Oyindidi:
R.I.P Ruggedman
Thanks for your kind words
Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 10:26am On May 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Dog had a painful ending, you should have put him down long time ago
He was very strong for a long time. Even the vet confirmed that he is strongest dog he has ever come across. Rugged only began to seriously weaken about two weeks ago and that was because his body was mortally exhausted.
Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 10:27am On May 29, 2018
Anigreat:
cry

You passed away today. I miss you already. I will always miss you. Thank you for all the memories we shared together. I wil forever treasure it. Until we see each other again. I love you so much. #sobing

cheesy

As if i have seen Ruggedman before.
You try grin
Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 10:32am On May 29, 2018
AyamConfidence:
Okay I've seen all the stories about Ruggedman and I commiserate with you

He was around for a long time.... He was a strong man

It is well.....my condolences
Yes he was strong. We recognised this quality very early when he was still a wee puppy. Why do you think we named him RuggedMan? smiley

He outlived all the other dogs in the entire community, including those born after him.
Re: And He Died... by Ishilove: 10:34am On May 29, 2018
CrazyMan:
Eyah...sorry.

I remember sometime last year when I lost my pet goat. I was so devastated because I was the one that ended his life. I just couldn't resist the urge of goat meat pepper soup that I had to kill a loyal pet. May God forgive me. cry

Back to the issue on ground, I'll suggest you give him a befitting burial. Buy casket, sew Ankara, wake keep, lying in state... Etc. I know it will be hard to let go but the Lord will give you strength.
Mscheeeew. You really are your name

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet The Australia Woman Who Keeps 5 Crocodiles As Pets In Her Home(Photos) / Pure Breed(Pedigree) German Shepherd (slant Back) For Sale / Pitbul Vs Caucasian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.