Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Anambra Government House , Maturity And Courtesy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Government House , Maturity And Courtesy (310 Views)

Land Tussle: Abba Community Protests At Anambra Government House (Video) / Governor Obiano: There Are Evil Spirits In Anambra Government House / Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Government House , Maturity And Courtesy by ariesbull: 9:06pm On May 28, 2018
In the government house and offices of Anambra State, there is a certain maturity that has almost become a culture: The culture of courtesy.

From the gate to the offices — even the offices of the mighty and high in Anambra State — attendants are mature, courteous, patient and do not exude the Nigerian arrogance of those assistants working for the Ọga/s.

The mobile police officers do not go about intimidating visitors with guns; in fact, you hardly see guns on them. The Civil Defence officers do not harass you with useless questions and do not also try to insult you. The DSS guys are gentle and do not cover their eyes with dark goggles in a bid to scare you. The receptionists are patient and ready to help so long you have a genuine purpose of visit. No one is looked down on even if a child. The SAs and other Assistants don't behave like they'd remain in office forever. The Ọgas themselves are simple, walking about energetically and smartly and never spotting such big bellies that delay the progress of things. Add to that, they are cheerful and greet you whenever they come across. Most impressively, Igbo ka fa niine na-asụ (Igbo ónú Anambra)! No such stupid forming as trying to let you know that you're in government house and therefore, you must be official by ị na-asụgheri sọọsọ oyibo. The workers, from the highest to the lowest, don't look like they're struggling to complement their inferiority at all by belittling visitors. Everyone you ask questions answers you without making a fool of you. And when you're done and leaving, some even go out of their ways to ask you, “Hope you met him/her? Hope it went well?”. And these mature fellows doing these are both men and women with no gender specifics.

This culture is what I hardly see or experience in other State government houses and offices in Igbo land and beyond as well as federal offices.

When I say I love this my State, Anambra, some folks misunderstand it. But this up � there is one of such reasons why every Onye Anambra is ever proud of that State!
-------------------------------------------------
PS: Anambra State is very serious with Igbo Language such that it's compulsory from Primary to SS II in the secondary and primary schools. Unizik has Igbo as a compulsory course to credit for one to earn a degree, whether Science or Arts student, so long you're Igbo. I can hardly tell if this is same in other Igbo States and universities elsewhere in Igbo land.

Anambra.... Ìfè Obodo! ���

Ngobili chijioke

(1) (Reply)

Ikpeazu As A Beacon Of Hope / JAMB Releases Results Of Rescheduled 2018 UTME / Abia State: It Is Time To Stop The Falsehood Against Dr Okezie Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.