Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! (3234 Views)

How Reno Omokri Summarised His 2019 / Atiku Speaks On US Support For His 2019 Presidential Bid / Governor Umahi Visits Arthur Eze, Excited As He Enters His 2019 Rolls Royce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by Sicozone(m): 8:56am On May 29, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
Like joke, like joke, Buhari will may well win the 2019 election because of all this Fela Durotoye and Sowore nonsense.

There is a pidgin saying "slippers get size". These guys and their followers should realize that the presidency is not an entry level job. Fela Durotoye has zero political experience and constituency. Motivational speaking is not adequate preparation for high office. Despite the fact that we want change we must be political realists and recognize that seizing power is not a picnic.
Durotaiye et al can contribute to Nigeria in other capacity such as local government chairman, deputy governor, house-of-rep member or even as minister or adviser.

We must seek a seasoned candidate who can remove the WhiteWalker from Aso villa and support such a person.
If these people and their followers continue to be unrealistic, all they will succeed in doing is split the youth vote and allow the present group of incompetent old men come in a second time.
Hmmmmm....... Your words really amaze me my dear Nigerian Youth. You seek for a seasoned candidate and you water down young men such as Fela Durotoye who have dared to confront our present predicament as a nation. Oh no! This man's got beyond motivational speeches as you acclaim. He's got a vision and I'll rather stick to a man of vision than a bunch of political warlords that have delighted in nothing but looting. And let me remind you, the men you see in the political circles of today started as young men with no political records or affiliation. If you'll desire a new Nigeria, it's expedient for you to see beyond experience, it has gotten us nowhere. Apologies to elders, but if you keep using the same method and expect a different result, you are wrong. So if we must birth a new Nigeria, a young and visionary man as FD is a man to watch out for.
A New Nigeria begins with YOU & I.
I'm with FD on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by Pollyprincess: 8:56am On May 29, 2018
ElsonMorali:
He doesn't look serious to me. He sits in Lagos posing for pretty pictures when the rest of the country barely knows he exists.

Seems Sowore too has gone to sleep.

Issorite.

Do you believe he can be a good president? If yes then he needs you to join his team, you can contribute ideas to make him win. By the way he is already going around the country but I agree he will need to do more. Come and join his team to make this happen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by Aquilazng(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2018
This guy? That cannot motivate the yoots for free? All he knows is how to make money.
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by hephta(m): 9:09am On May 29, 2018
This is my own humble submission, see ehn, its not all about the experience ... Jonathan moved through d cadres to be president, what did we get? Buhari was also around something..... he was head of state at a point.... When y'all entered d university, what experience did u av Let's be sincere.... we need to get someone who's intelligent to run this country.....

2 Likes

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:14am On May 29, 2018
cbrass:

Its shameful and very embarrassing when complete ignoramuses like you will be quick to mention young leaders of other countries that will should emulate but when our own finally braves up to come out, its then you realize they have no political experience. Who has political experience helped. What we want is Leadership experience

With all due respect, you are writing like a child. If you knew anything at all about realpolitik you would know that these aspirations are dead on arrival. I have already outlined achievable goals to which they should aspire and in which they can offer Nigeria change. Read my post again
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:16am On May 29, 2018
cbrass:

Its shameful and very embarrassing when complete ignoramuses like you will be quick to mention young leaders of other countries that will should emulate but when our own finally braves up to come out, its then you realize they have no political experience. Who has political experience helped. What we want is Leadership experience

With all due respect, you are writing like a child. If you knew anything at all about realpolitik you would know that these aspirations are dead on arrival. I have already outlined achievable goals to which they should aspire and in which they can offer Nigeria change. There is a path to political power. It does not lie in making grand visions backed by ephemeral dreams and speeches. Revolution is not a tea party. I called for seasoned candidates, seasoned does not mean old. Read my post again
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by HAH: 9:21am On May 29, 2018
cbrass:

Do not look down on your self, you can be a change in that corner where u are. All you need is to believe that a new Nigeria is possible and preach it and join the train. Except you don't want to be honest with your self, you and I know that PDP has nothing to offer us again other than looting they are known for
to be honest with you I like Fela but the truth is elections are not won on twitter Facebook or Instagram, even in the united state there are other parties but the only known ones are democrats and republican mainly due to their coverage, reach and nationwide structures, the truth is if Fela contest in any other party apart from APC or PDP , he will most likely end up like Chris okotie.

I am a realist
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by Newton4god: 9:25am On May 29, 2018
Anticipating......
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by Andiebest(m): 9:32am On May 29, 2018
The Fela Durotoye I know will not disappoint.
The only challenge (albeit not insurmountable) is the defeatist mentality of our youth who think we can't bring about a change. The older generation are OK with the status quo.
We had about 63m eligible young voters in 2015 and today that number is over 70m. Just a third (23.33m) will deliver a landslide that cannot be rigged.
We inherited a nation we cannot keep or bequeath to the next generation. Greatness has chosen, let us be great.
Do not be deceived your vote counts otherwise politicians will not pay you to vote.
Get your PVCs.
Together we will deliver the future.
A New Nigeria is possible.

4 Likes

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by mae1: 9:33am On May 29, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

"...Revolution is not a tea party. I called for seasoned candidates, seasoned does not mean old. Read my post again. "

I will state first, that you didn't sound like a student of history, if not you would have stumbled on at least, "The Boston Tea Party", one of the events leading to American civil war, which is a revolution in its own right.

Secondly, mention those that you think are seasoned young politicians or technocrats that outclass Fela Dutotoye?

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by ElsonMorali: 9:46am On May 29, 2018
Pollyprincess:

Do you believe he can be a good president? If yes then he needs you to join his team, you can contribute ideas to make him win. By the way he is already going around the country but I agree he will need to do more. Come and join his team to make this happen

I'll surely contribute ideas to his campaign if I believe in him. His blueprint will determine if I believe in him.

Nigeria has peculiar problems that need peculiar solutions. Does he have these solutions?

1 Like

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:49am On May 29, 2018
mae1:

I will state first, that you didn't sound like a student of history, if not you would have stumbled on at least, "The Boston Tea Party", one of the events leading to American civil war, which is a revolution in its own right.

Secondly, mention those that you think are seasoned young politicians or technocrats that outclass Fela Dutotoye?

God bless you.

Don't get confused : Revolution is not a tea party, and neither was the the Tea Party a tea party even though it was a was a revolution.

As to your second query, we do not yet know he that will come, but we are certain of they that will fail.
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by ElsonMorali: 9:50am On May 29, 2018
cbrass:

Have you also been sleeping? From your answer it is a yes. Because if u haven't you will have been seeing the numerous visits to schools Fela Durutoye has been involved in

You can insult me if you like. I guess that's the way he wants to interact with the people he's expecting to vote for him.

If you are part of his campaign then I'd advice him to fire you.

I'd expect you to convince me to get on his side and not insult me.

Obviously if someone doesn't agree with you you insult them, right?
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by ElsonMorali: 9:56am On May 29, 2018
mae1:

You've obviously not been folllowing his iteniary for the past few months coming, that's why you can make such unguarded statement.

If I haven't seen him, then you can be sure that others too haven't seen him.

You should be worried about that.

He might be going around but what are his publicists doing?

These new candidates don't realize that they NEED TO BE IN OUR FACES.

They are new. Nobody knows them like they do other old politicians.

Sowore and Durotoye should seize every opportunity to be in the news (for good of course).

They should address every anomaly happening in the country and very vocally too.

And lucky them, Nigeria is a country with a lot of daily anomalies.

Where is the press statement issued by these new candidates about the herdsmen's attack of the Seminary yesterday?

But what do I know right?
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by BBSweetheart: 10:02am On May 29, 2018
I also thought Fela was just a joker until I started following him closely, and now I can confidently say the story of Fela Durotoye and 2019 election will be like the story of how David defeated Goliath with a sling and 3 stones.

1 Like

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by Yoshy: 10:17am On May 29, 2018
Fela should align with Moghalu
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 10:24am On May 29, 2018
Fela durotoye and sowore.Does two idiots that decieved Nigerians to vote for buhari in 2015;Those who couldnt see beyond their noses,and campaigned seriously for buhari.Am sorry to say their presidential ambitions are dead on arrival.
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:37am On May 29, 2018
mae1:

God bless you.

You claim to be a historian but you are confused about basic things.. If you do not understand what I wrote go back to your history books. You started by conflating 'Tea Party' the incident, with 'tea party' the metaphor and it just spiraled downwards from there. A first year social science student can decipher the meaning of my simple aphorism.
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by havester: 10:40am On May 29, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
Like joke, like joke, Buhari will may well win the 2019 election because of all this Fela Durotoye and Sowore nonsense.

There is a pidgin saying "slippers get size". These guys and their followers should realize that the presidency is not an entry level job. Fela Durotoye has zero political experience and constituency. Motivational speaking is not adequate preparation for high office. Despite the fact that we want change we must be political realists and recognize that seizing power is not a picnic.
Durotaiye et al can contribute to Nigeria in other capacity such as local government chairman, deputy governor, house-of-rep member or even as minister or adviser.

We must seek a seasoned candidate who can remove the WhiteWalker from Aso villa and support such a person.
If these people and their followers continue to be unrealistic, all they will succeed in doing is split the youth vote and allow the present group of incompetent old men come in a second time.
The problem is some of us outside political arena thought to be leadership position is a big thing,but no .about 3 people who are less than 30yrs had rule this country before,it was easy then because the right structure was believe to be in place then. The issue is to have someone that will right the wrong and put the right structure in place. You may be better than your local government chairman or even your state governor, but you're thinking there are something you need to do politically before you can be a setman which a no no to me. I was privileged to listen to FD in Ibadan some month back where he said being the the president is not a do or die affair for him but there are many wrong things that can be right if he is privileges to become Nigeria president and perhaps if there is anybody going to do it better than him,he will pull his wing behind such. You mention*seasoned* candidate,are we to look among the so corrupted people in the fore front now or those who don't have bad record so far though not much political experience. Let's wait for fela durotoye blue prints.
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:46am On May 29, 2018
havester:

The problem is some of us outside political arena thought to be leadership position is a big thing,but no .about 3 people who are less than 30yrs had rule this country before,it was easy then because the right structure was believe to be in place then. The issue is to have someone that will right the wrong and put the right structure in place. You may be better than your local government chairman or even your state governor, but you're thinking there are something you need to do politically before you can be a setman which a no no to me. I was privileged to listen to FD in Ibadan some month back where he said being the the president is not a do or die affair for him but there are many wrong things that can be right if he is privileges to become Nigeria president and perhaps if there is anybody going to do it better than him,he will pull his wing behind such. You mention*seasoned* candidate,are we to look among the so corrupted people in the fore front now or those who don't have bad record so far though not much political experience. Let's wait for fela durotoye blue prints.

Nigeria is a nation of factions. Strong political leadership is required to rule Nigeria not talk.
Second, I agree with you and all those who point out the obvious, that the present generation of leaders ascended to power in their youth. Well, that was because of peculiar historical circumstances. In any case they failed too partly because of inexperience.
Third, government is a big deal. The assumption that anybody can be a political leader is what has got us to this fiasco.
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by davtunji(m): 11:05am On May 29, 2018
sowore came to U.I but the turn out was low
we are seriously expecting FD ...i believe in him
i stand for him...i know he is the type of leader this generation needs...
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by cbrass(m): 11:45am On May 29, 2018
ElsonMorali:

You can insult me if you like. I guess that's the way he wants to interact with the people he's expecting to vote for him.

If you are part of his campaign then I'd advice him to fire you.

I'd expect you to convince me to get on his side and not insult me.

Obviously if someone doesn't agree with you you insult them, right?

I never insulted, I only borrowed some of your words. Anyway am sorry if u consider it an insult
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by cbrass(m): 11:46am On May 29, 2018
davtunji:
sowore came to U.I but the turn out was low
we are seriously expecting FD ...i believe in him
i stand for him...i know he is the type of leader this generation needs...

We are hoping for the best too

2 Likes

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by cbrass(m): 11:48am On May 29, 2018
BBSweetheart:
I also thought Fela was just a joker until I started following him closely, and now I can confidently say the story of Fela Durotoye and 2019 election will be like the story of how David defeated Goliath with a sling and 3 stones.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by trendersz(m): 11:51am On May 29, 2018
Fela Durotoye never gave me money about 6(six) years ago, he sold a seed of hope into my life @ a leadership conference and today I am better for it, he also thought me to be a problem solver and solution provider and not become a problem that needs solving, YES OGBENI FELA DUROTOYE will birth a NEW NIGERIA where DREAMS and ASPIRATIONS of YOUNG people can Trailblaze throughout Nations, I stand for NEW NIGERIA and I raise the banner for FD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by majorbravo: 12:04pm On May 29, 2018
UTILITYMAY:

I only have one question for you Sir:

Who is that seasoned politician that should replace Buhari?
You won't get an answer to this. The person you quoted is one of those people that have been brainwashed by the events of the dictatorial age to believe a nobody can put on camo, shoot a gun to become Military Head of State, take it off decades after, throw on Kaftan and be suitable for President, while someone who has degrees from harvard and has consistently exhibited clean intelligence and whose parents were both professors, can not aspire for office.

It's a dictatorial era mentality. Our parents who were born before independence do not have this mentality and that's why it's easy for them to keep running for office. While every one born since the military took over in 1967, has seen only 5 democratically elected leaders (2 of which were former military turned civilian) in the past 51 years (1967 - date).

The democratically elected presidents who were civilians all their lives are only 3 in number and have spent a combined total of 10 years in office out of 51 possible years of civilian rule since 1967, and have served only 3 terms out of a possible 13, that's 20% of civilian led democracy and 80% military. That means For 41 years out of 51, the military where in charge (in and out of uniform).

It would also interest you to know all Nigeria's present and past Presidents(military and civilian) were born before 1960, and therefore are all older than Nigeria. Raised with colonial mentality.

Independent Nigeria (1960 till date) has not produced any President, and I dare say it is probably related to the dictatorial era mentality.

During the years of the dictatorial era, many grew up witnessing suppression of democracy and kids had no aspirations of becoming President if they were not in the military. The image of government was usually domineering and one that usually inspired fear rather than admiration. My brother, that guy you quoted is stuck in that age.
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by OlaCrispy: 2:27pm On May 29, 2018
I want to submit that since the day I've been privileged to meet FelaDurotoye FD my passion for the New Nigeria he has been advocating since has been fired up.
I believe he truly has a selfless passion to rebirth the Nigeria of our dream.
I stand with the New Nigeria
I stand with Fela Dorotoye and any leader different from the ancestral leaders we currently recycle...

1 Like

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by OlaCrispy: 2:34pm On May 29, 2018
Can Fela Durotoye fix the problems of this Country?

Yes, With the support of you and I. He can.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by CSTR1003: 2:49pm On May 29, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Differentiate experience from corruption. Our leaders are mostly corrupt and many are even inexperienced eg Bubu.
Cognition is not enough. If it was, all we would need to do would be to conduct IQ tests and place any 23 year old in power.
These people being bandied about cannot rule Nigeria. They cannot face up to the financial cabal, they cannot inspire the confidence of the military, they will be eaten alive by entrenched interests.

Lastly, fyi Trump is an awful president. He is racist, nepotist, politically compromised and is in danger of indictment if not impeachment
Emmanuel macron is in his early 30s and he commands the respect of the mighty French military.

Nigerian military is weak, and you think a youth can't control it.?
But the people that controlled Nigeria in the 60s, and 70s were youths.

If any arm of government can't be controlled, then it will be disbanded with the support of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by mae1: 3:06pm On May 29, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

You claim to be a historian but you are confused about basic things.. If you do not understand what I wrote go back to your history books. You started by conflating 'Tea Party' the incident, with 'tea party' the metaphor and it just spiraled downwards from there. A first year social science student can decipher the meaning of my simple aphorism.

Not to drag this back and forth, let me just say prestissimo, I clearly understood your use of aphorism in the phrase, "tea party", I thought you too would have decipher my wittiness in the use of the phrase, Boston Tea Party, becasue I quoted that phrase. It's nothing serious.

The second, a question, was the main point of my reply. I wanted to get your examples of seasoned young Nigerians that gets your nod for the presidency come 2019.
I'm still interested to know Sir.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by gidgiddy: 3:35pm On May 29, 2018
Pollyprincess:

Absolutely. We all should be part of creating the Nigeria we want. We should ask ourselves “what am I doing to create a better Nigeria for my future generations”

Why? Is Nigeria by force? I'm Igbo man who Is tired of Nigeria and wants a separate country
Re: Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! by azimibraun: 3:56pm On May 29, 2018
This guy is way ahead of him in intelligence and readiness for the job. Adamu Garba II

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Sink Nigeria IPOB Girl Leader Threatens VIDEO / Meet The Richest American Ever Who Surprisingly Paid Tithes (10 Facts) / IMO state newly appointed commissioners and there portfolios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.