Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY (20911 Views)

Nigerians Are Not Lazy, Have No Reason To Be Poor – Tinubu / President Tinubu's Democracy Day Message To Nigerians (Video) / "We Are Not Lazy" Billboard In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari’s Statement In London. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Deo1986(m): 9:32am On May 29, 2018
Everyone is joining the "give the youth a chance" vehicle, though a youth,i do not subscribe to that rationale. Come to think of it, the youths have had several chances in this country from Gowon who became head of state at 31 to Orji Uzor Kalu who was a governor at 37 to the slowpoke we have in Kogi as governor. And many other young ones who have all led in one sector or the other, yet the country is still in one location. our problem in this country is just the right person with the right mentality irrespective of age.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Deltatoto: 9:34am On May 29, 2018
LadyNaija:
Former Nigerian President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan took on his facebook page to commend and bless Nigeria Youths to mark Democracy Day in the country. On his post he listed out some great achievement done by the youths, He said " Nigeria Youths single handedly created Nollywood, the third largest movie industry in the world, can be expected to return the favour and make Nigeria proud.

The Post read:

On this Democracy Day 2018, I want to urge all Nigerians to pray for peace in Nigeria. We need peace in Nigeria. And it is up to you and I to ensure that our National Motto: Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress, is a reality and not just mere rhetoric. I urge Nigerians to understand and accept that nobody’s political, economic, religious or social ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian.

As this year’s Democracy Day falls on the holy month of Ramadan, let me seize the opportunity to also extend Ramadan greetings to the Muslim Ummah. As you pray for Nigeria, I join my faith with yours and look forward to our prayers being answered by Almighty God.

There are many opportunities and crises on the horizon, but we must have the mentality of seeing the opportunity in crisis rather than the crisis in opportunity.

We have one of the fastest growing youth population in the world and we must see this as an opportunity, not a crisis.

As I said previously, Nigerian youths ARE NOT LAZY.

What our youth need are opportunities to showcase their positive talents. They need leaders who believe in them and show affirmation for them through their words and actions.

Democracy is a game of numbers and the youths have the numbers. More than 50% of our population are youths. If we develop policies, programs and projects to empower the youth of Nigeria, the Nigerian youth, who single handedly created Nollywood, the third largest movie industry in the world, can be expected to return the favour and make Nigeria proud.

And they are already making us proud both locally and internationally.

Nigerian youths are showcasing their brilliance around the world and I want to make special mention of Ukoma Michael, who at thirteen years of age invented a battery operated fan that lasts for 19 hours on a full charge. This ingenuity domiciled in Michael should be encouraged by our leadership.

Internationally, Princess Elizabeth Bright and Ramota Tele Lawal, two 22 year old Nigerian youths who in May of 2018 became the youngest elected councillors in the United Kingdom, have made us proud. Very proud indeed.

These youths are the epitome of the hardworking, talented, innovative and ambitious Nigerian youth who make our nation respected in the community of nations and give us hope for tomorrow and national pride for today.

Rather than discourage them with our words and actions, we as leaders must give our youths hope by using our language to draw out the very best in them. We must accept that nations only grow when elders plant trees whose shade they know they may never personally enjoy. Leaders must think of the next generation and not just the next election.

While we celebrate Ukoma, Elizabeth and Ramota, I know that there are perhaps millions in Nigeria who are equally brilliant and only need the right enabling environment to unleash their creative genius. They are my inspiration on this Democracy Day. They are the reason why I believe in the continued corporate existence of this great nation founded on justice, equity and freedom.

Happy Democracy Day. God bless you and your family and may God bless Nigeria. GEJ.

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2018/05/democracy-day-nigerian-youths-are-not.html
buhari that they replaced his brain with cow dung will not go and learn from this man o

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Udoskybest: 9:36am On May 29, 2018
A man with vision, intellect, soft mind. Abeg 4get dat nyash with his cows dat are all gays
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by bentlywills(m): 9:38am On May 29, 2018
ElsonMorali:
Jonathan can take a dive in the lagoon for all we care.

For all you care not *We*

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by ElsonMorali: 9:41am On May 29, 2018
bentlywills:

For all you care not *We*

I believe I speak for myself and my family. You are bentiwills, you are not my family.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by ElsonMorali: 9:42am On May 29, 2018
olisaEze:

who's we? speak for ursef abeg

I speak for myself and my family and other reasonable, intelligent Nigerians out there.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by electron: 9:44am On May 29, 2018
Oga Jonah,

why do you like cheap accolades?

You are one of the greatest cause of where we found ourselves today.

You had the opportunity to make this country great instead you choose the other way.

You tried your best but remember God knows all that are hiding.

Enjoy your self while it lasted.

Shomo age mi ni?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Equalright247(m): 9:47am On May 29, 2018
the problem is always be name ....now our President is called PM and we all know that Pm is evening time , this man is already in his PM time and everything about him is PM , no sunshine , no new thing and no new ideals , perhaps we should change his name to AM so we can have a bright new day in this country.....God help us all
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Splashme: 9:48am On May 29, 2018
xreal:
God bless this gentle man.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by 8stargeneral: 9:49am On May 29, 2018
Thank u sir for believing in youth,we didn't recognised ur value whn u were in office.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Oxalic(m): 9:50am On May 29, 2018
LadyNaija:

Nigerian youths are showcasing their brilliance around the world......

Rather than discourage them with our words and actions, we as leaders must give our youths hope by using our language to draw out the very best in them. We must accept that nations only grow when elders plant trees whose shade they know they may never personally enjoy. Leaders must think of the next generation and not just the next election.

GEJ.

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2018/05/democracy-day-nigerian-youths-are-not.html

Leadership 101 lectures.

GEJ lecturing Buhari on Strategic Leadership For National Development.

Thank you GEJ (Ph.d).

You are far greater than some illiterate, incompetent, nepotistic, and religious bigots.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by safetykings(m): 9:51am On May 29, 2018
Nice one Uncle Joe
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Jsdivine(m): 9:57am On May 29, 2018
nobody’s political, economic, religious or social ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian.
Chai! see what educational enlightenment, understanding, & foresight bring out of a man's heart. I salute and respect you sir GEJ. You're blessed with peace generational. True man of peace not a blood sucking beast.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by ElsonMorali: 9:57am On May 29, 2018
korel9:

Don't worry brah, I feel your pain especially when you have to compare him with the incompetent illiterate you are backing.

Don't be dumb. That I despise Jonathan doesn't mean I support Buhari the INCOMPETENT.

Jonathan is an effectual buffoon while Buhari is an incompetent leader.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Nobody: 9:58am On May 29, 2018
adadike:
Now, that's a real man talking not that cunt sitting somewhere in Aso rock that calls himself PM? and calls us ' lazy, useless, senseless and indiscipline.

check ur dp no head no brains ...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by ElsonMorali: 10:00am On May 29, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Lazy yoot. This thing pain you well well.

I'd ask you to put up your arguments so that I can refute them but I'm sure they'll be incoherent. So don't bother.

All the points you can make is "lazy yoots".
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by windwayltd: 10:00am On May 29, 2018
I beg U, I beg, i just beg u, Mr Good-luck ebele Jonathan or what ever you are called park and cage your speeches wella make we quench the fire of your speech in Ekiti state first. Hypocrisy of the century, If u so much love Nigerians why not tell Nigerians that you are ready for probe at least to wash off your hands from all the accusations you have been receiving. Even Obj was courageous and shamefully said he is ready to be probed and you are there making hypocritical speeches. Do you love they Nigerian youths as you praise them? while you were in the office you,your family and your colleagues looted away the funds to enhance the capacity of children and youths Mkpi, Okoh okoh ewu you think we are still that stupid for you as before aby. If you feel Nigerians are happy with you, try to say you want to contest any election again even local council. Before any of your yeye speech, Mr former President just tell Nigerians that you are ready for probe just to wash your hands off, for the sake youths, children, Nigeria and for Gods sake.

Failure to declare readiness for probe then any of public comments means toying with your conscience, toying with Nigerians and The Almighty God that gave u that golden opportunity to save the next generation but you joked over it.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Kylekent59: 10:05am On May 29, 2018
We miss you sir, our able and proficient ex president.

Hero of democracy, freedom of speech.

I could remember during your regime, there was nothing like Sars shooting innocent citizens, nothing like cows roaming the roads, nothing like police arresting people anyhow, every organizations were well oriented, cash flows like a river, no hunger in the land, no much extortion by the police,Nigerians were happy during your administration. But now that APC's are in power,everything changed for worse. I strongly believe Nigerians will enjoy peace and have a good leader like you.

Tnks to you all
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by SharleenJoy: 10:05am On May 29, 2018
HP, which is a brand known for its variety of products and especially HP Printer which is its core product with several features and multiple functions and highly sophisticated technology. If ever you confront with the technical errors in it such as installation error, printing error, or printer spooler is off and many more. For more Information Click on this links:- https://www.printerservicenumber.com/
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Bewiseedet(m): 10:08am On May 29, 2018
after someone will say naija youths are lazy
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by UtuokeAlcoholic: 10:10am On May 29, 2018
Foolish ogogoro PhD holder in looting. May the curses be on him for ever and ever.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2018
adadike:
Now, that's a real man talking not that cunt sitting somewhere in Aso rock that calls himself PM? and calls us ' lazy, useless, senseless and indiscipline.

Your choice of word sha ....
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by maxiuc(m): 10:19am On May 29, 2018
ElsonMorali:
Jonathan can take a dive in the lagoon for all we care.
shut up speak for yourself
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by visalo: 10:29am On May 29, 2018
Uncle Joe, My beloved President. Thank you so much. I know you have always believed in the Nigeria youth. The development of the youth. That was why many of your programs were youth oriented. I miss you Mr President.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by izime55(m): 10:31am On May 29, 2018
I am not really a lover of politics but somebody with plenty of sense should name at least one project that this buharis administration has initiated and successfully completed in this first 3years.
except the daura helipad ofcos.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by visalo: 10:31am On May 29, 2018
Waiting this one dey talk

windwayltd:
I beg U, I beg, i just beg u, Mr Good-luck ebele Jonathan or what ever you are called park and cage your speeches wella make we quench the fire of your speech in Ekiti state first. Hypocrisy of the century, If u so much love Nigerians why not tell Nigerians that you are ready for probe at least to wash off your hands from all the accusations you have been receiving. Even Obj was courageous and shamefully said he is ready to be probed and you are there making hypocritical speeches. Do you love they Nigerian youths as you praise them? while you were in the office you,your family and your colleagues looted away the funds to enhance the capacity of children and youths Mkpi, Okoh okoh ewu you think we are still that stupid for you as before aby. If you feel Nigerians are happy with you, try to say you want to contest any election again even local council. Before any of your yeye speech, Mr former President just tell Nigerians that you are ready for probe just to wash your hands off, for the sake youths, children, Nigeria and for Gods sake.

Failure to declare readiness for probe then any of public comments means toying with your conscience, toying with Nigerians and The Almighty God that gave u that golden opportunity to save the next generation but you joked over it.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by izime55(m): 10:34am On May 29, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Don't be dumb. That I despise Jonathan doesn't mean I support Buhari the INCOMPETENT.

Jonathan is an effectual buffoon while Buhari is an incompetent leader.

guy grow up and understand what this apc and buhari has done to this shithole
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by usomine2014: 10:35am On May 29, 2018
God bless former President of Nigeria, good luck Jonathan,God bless Nigeria
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by tayotv09(m): 11:29am On May 29, 2018
if I hear
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by powerkey: 11:33am On May 29, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
We've not forgotten your party's thievery, though.

Continue with Failed Fulani TERRORIST called Buhari or vote against him period!!.

It's your choice.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Day Message: Nigerian Youths ARE NOT LAZY by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:38pm On May 29, 2018
powerkey:

Continue with Failed Fulani TERRORIST called Buhari or vote against him period!!.

It's your choice.

Why did you take that single statement out of context?

Did you see what I wrote in full?

If the opposition is making good points against a government, does it not mean the government is doing well or badly?

Is is that you can't interpret what I wrote or you just want to write nonsense today?

I know you support PDP and Jona. I support neither PDP nor APC. I wish everyone would get their heads out of their asses and vote a person who can actually salvage the wreck PDP and APC have made of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solomon Dalung Summons Kazaure, NYSC DG Over Adeosun’s Certificate / Olatunji Disu: Rivers Gets New Police Commissioner / We’ve Not Unbundled NNPC- Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.