Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) - Sports (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) (145402 Views)

Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia: Int'l Friendly (2 - 1) On 13th October 2023 / Ukraine Vs Nigeria: International Friendly (2- 2) Full Time / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Viking007(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
pelezico:
I was at the game. Great atmosphere indeed.

As was the case with the previous games including Argentina we start to slow and concede to much space. Midfielders are not in the game and Oyinbo wall does not work.

Joe Obi and Onazi do not play well together and I'd say the J Obi should not be going to the WC.

1st half was a poor display in tactics and positioning of players in midfield was not good. We made England look like Spain or Brazile if you can believe that.

2nd half substitutions was amazingly effective. The goal scored was class. England now looked like the England we know and that's "not very good"

Nigeria have worked to do and what I saw its a 50 50 for me.

Croatia will not be a problem if Nigeria plays consistently 90 minuets. The team that will give Nigeria problems will be Iceland not Argentina.

From what I saw if rohr does not assert a first 11 we will not make it out of the group at all

Pluses

Goal keeper was brilliant

Iwobi was brilliant

And ekong was Sound
Which goal keeper was brilliant biko? Did they change the keeper in 2nd half or you are referring to that dude that let in two cheap goals? The second goal conceded was a disaster.

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Caseless: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
Geofavor:
If we got taken to the cleaners by this lacklustre English team, how would we not get pulverised by croatia and iceland?
what's "taken to the cleaner" in this game? Misplaced description!

8 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by cashful(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
princejayboss:

Funny how people make mistakes with technicality of football, Ogu is quite too heavy and slow; though played out of position but Onazi should not be dropped, Joe Obi should be home... I think Ndidi will player ahead of them all in the mundial, Mikel had a good game... we have a decent goalkeeper, my concern is Iwobi who I think pulled his hamstring

His being heavy does not impact negatively on his game, for his club he plays a bit more forward than he does for Nigeria.

Onazi is definitely making the cut, has experience but has slowed down too..

Ndidi will sure start ahead of the two if fit.

Iwobi played very well in d middle role with Ogene , both were fluid.

Mikel needs to watch how he holds d ball, teams try stealing d ball from him always..

I think it was a good match for the team overall, we can still do well at d world cup

5 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Damfostopper(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
maverickdude:
If u hadn't jumped into conclusion,you would realise that i only gave illustration of how it is possible for 3 teams to have 6points each to the guy undecided

And yes,Nigeria can defeat Croatia cheesy
hahahahahahahah..... am seeing Nigeria having one point maybe a draw with Iceland .....we shall see then
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by baum1: 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
Wow, did you guys see Austria's equalizer, nice
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Kenturkey048(m): 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
spartan117:
So you were one of those booing dele Ali grin

Good job! You represented well wink
ahahahahhhhah
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by samtol4(m): 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ndonu101:

I really can’t believe we are still being scored with set pieces like this
ALL our past goalies suffer from this problem
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by stagger: 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
cashful:

His being heavy does not impact negatively on his game, for his club he plays a bit more forward than he does for Nigeria.

Onazi is definitely making the cut, has experience but has slowed down too..

Ndidi will sure start ahead of the two if fit.

Iwobi played very well in d middle role with Ogene , both were fluid.

Mikel needs to watch how he holds d ball, teams try stealing d ball from him always..

I think it was a good match for the team overall, we can still do well at d world cup

Players are given a weight limt. A heavy player whos is above the optimal weight cannot perform effectively.

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by spartan117(m): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
Donbabaj:
Please i need an answer to this question. I know Mikel is the captain if the team but is it a must that he must start our match at the world cup? undecided
Young man you know nothing about football undecided
Didn't you notice that when Mikel was removed from the AM role to his natural CM role in the second half, his game improved and the midfield in general improved?

Mikel still remains our most important player. There's no replacement for him.

9 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by sapeleboi(m): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
do u bet
isalegan2:

lol. I understand. I would have had heart palpitations too, but no stream to watch match. But the USA friendly with Ireland is on ESPN2 so I get to see that. Thank heavens for small mercies. I'll take whatever I can get. I was so psyched for a futbol match today mehn! angry
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by tuoyoojo(m): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
a very disappointing performance from Nigeria

I do not care if you lost the watch but biko play good football

the team lacked cohesion, no drive, just almost virtual kicking the ball around

I wasted time watching this match

I truly pray this is not the kind of football they intend to play in Russia if not na points we go just go distribute to our opponents

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by trytillmake(m): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
The midfield is not existing, what is going on can't this coach see that why should moses be dropping back so deep to collect balls wetin be this. Onazi confused behavior caused the first goal abeg Coach drop that guy also joel obi i don tire.

These guys should be confident playing ball they are all professionals noboby is better than them if they can only be confident in themselves.

GO SUPER EAGLES GO BY FORCE

3 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by pelezico: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
spartan117:

So you were one of tho
se booing dele Ali grin

Good job! You represented well wink
Zanas:

They can still be removed, Nigeria can still drop two players

Thank you kind sir smiley grin grin
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by samtol4(m): 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2018
AT world cup anything can happen .IN 2014 argentina struggled to beat Iran infact messi scored at 90 + for a slim win. Costa rica beats Spain defending champion at that time. If we get our formation right we will sealed second round but if we played like the first half today we will be punished by our opponents
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Kingdolo(m): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
Iwobi is the man of the match

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by samtol4(m): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
spartan117:

Young man you know nothing about football undecided
Didn't you notice that when Mikel was removed from the AM role to his natural CM role in the second half, his game improved and the midfield in general improved?

Mikel still remains our most important player. There's no replacement for him.
no mind him that is the spirit of Nigerians they nailed any player once they loose
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Kylekent59: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
Otunbalarry:

You can opt in na
not too late coach
yu saw the match,u didnt see the match
or you saw highlights aftr d match

d guys need to work truly but not so bad the way you make it look
if you didnt watch d match,read comments and let it slide
must you comment here?

It is the duty of a player to play well. If you don't perform well in your job your employer will sack you.

So also in football. Any player playing nonsense should be benched.

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by bedspread: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
Caseless:
ogu is a complete DM - he has the flair of Marcos sena if given a full role.

Remember the pass he gave mikel obi at fifa confederations cup ? He got my respect from that moment.
Ogu has Really improved from the much I saw of him today.. he could make a sweet 4 just as Macos Senna of Villarreal like u said

Shehu Abdullai should be dropped... May be Onazi can be used to deputize ebuehi for the right back
JOEL obi should also be dropped...
A faster No9 should be used .. ighalo could come in from the bench..
Seriously we made a mistake not picking that under 17 young boy...

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by pelezico: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
trytillmake:
The midfield is not existing, what is going on can't this coach see that why should moses be dropping back so deep to collect balls wetin be this. Onazi confused behavior caused the first goal abeg Coach drop that guy also joel obi i don tire.

These guys should be confident playing ball they are all professionals noboby is better than them if they can only be confident in themselves.

GO SUPER EAGLES GO BY FORCE

Big issue was that I can't remember Mikel in the game it was Iwobi making things happen. The issue is who do you replace for Mikel, onasi and Obi. They need nimble players. Some of our players are big and fast but we need nimbleness and genius ball control when it matters

Maybe to much to ask for
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by samtol4(m): 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
Kingdolo:
Iwobi is the man of the match
He is a very good passer of the ball . Combination with Kelechi against Zambia in Ndola was awesome
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Geofavor(m): 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
Caseless:
what's "taken to the cleaner" in this game? Misplaced description!

Stick to your pidgin. English isn't for every dick and harry.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Neymar1095(m): 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
When the Commentator said Nigeria hasn't
been bright as their shirts

3 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by OttHin: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
I am happy de way the super eagles promise the president the world cup... Let him feel de pains of promise and fail small

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
Genot Rohr plays defensive game in the first half and attacking game in the second half but these boys are finding it to adapt, later him allow them play a balanced game all through like they always do in the second half and let's see if we won't be going on winning streaks. We always conceive goals in the first half because we lose the momentum which is crucial in African football. Nevertheless it was a good game, the boys did well but need improvement. Kudos supereagles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by discusant: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
What's the objective in bringing Nigerian team to play England in Wembley a few days to the beginning of the World Cup?

Who the goat did not know that certain defeat and ugly exposure awaited Nigeria team playing England at Wembley this time - a few days before the beginning of World Cup?
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by package7(m): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
Please and please, let someone pass these information to the head coach... He should not feature Joe obi in the first eleven again, if he still want to win any game henceforth . I wise Super Eagles all the best at the tournament. I pray they shall soar high like eagles.

4 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by samtol4(m): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
bedspread:
Ogu has Really improved from the much I saw of him today.. he could make a sweet 4 just as Macos Senna of Villarreal like u said

Shehu Abdullai should be dropped... May be Onazi can be used to deputize ebuehi for the right back
JOEL obi should also be dropped...
A faster No9 should be used .. ighalo could come in from the bench..
Seriously we made a mistake not picking that under 17 young boy...
Shehu wont be dropped watch all our qualifiers he did well .i think he should be on the bench for Ebuehi to play
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
Good news for Nigeria! Gernot Rohr hasn't submitted his 25 man list yet. Joel Obi may still be replaced by Nwakali. There were information that the NFF plans submitting the 25 man list after the England game. So cheer up people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by samtol4(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
discusant:
What's the objective in bringing Nigerian team to play England in Wembley a few days to the beginning of the World Cup?

Who the goat did not know that certain defeat and ugly exposure awaited Nigeria team playing England at Wembley this time - a few days before the beginning of World Cup?
To be exposed at friendly match is better so that players like joel will not sneak into 23 teamlist

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by jaytime(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ok now that they've given us that kind of performance on that Jersey, can Nike just crash the price of that Jersey from N41,000 to N4,000 asap.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by cashful(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
stagger:

Players are given a weight limt. A heavy player whos is above the optimal weight cannot perform effectively.

Quiet true.. but Ogu I'm sure is within the right weight for his height..

Nobody expected Ogu to play that position when Awaziem is on the bench..
Ebuehi and Idowu will play better as wing backs rather than full backs, so I see us using the 3 back line for our matches at d world cup.. 3-5-2 or 3-4-3

I think Rohr knows what he is doing.. You don't need to let our WC opponents have a full knowledge of our pattern

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by oooduancalmdown: 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
dabossman:

Why were they better? Because we won against Argentina and Poland? This game was better than the Poland and Serbia game in my opinion. And again it's a friendly. The coach is trying different systems with different players. Against Argentina we started with 3 at the back and quickly conceded goals. Today 3 at the back in 2nd half stabilized the team.

You guys need to lower your ecpectations. We are not even favourites to qualify from the group. Encourage the team and hope for the best.
A lot of Nigerians believe they will reach semi final

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (59) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Did You Notice This Lady During Nigeria Vs Iceland Game? / Congo Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (0 - 2) ON 15th November 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.