Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) - Sports (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) (145397 Views)

Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia: Int'l Friendly (2 - 1) On 13th October 2023 / Ukraine Vs Nigeria: International Friendly (2- 2) Full Time / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
discusant:
What's the objective in bringing Nigerian team to play England in Wembley a few days to the beginning of the World Cup?

Who the goat did not know that certain defeat and ugly exposure awaited Nigeria team playing England at Wembley this time - a few days before the beginning of World Cup?
Playing England now is the best time. At least it will reflect a last minute change to the soon to submit 25 man list to FIFA. It was Coach Gernot Rohr intention all the while. Though he was still hoping that Simon Moses may get fit before the Croatia match. Had we played Czech Republic first and won, we may be carried away thinking that we've arrived.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by tonididdy(m): 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
THIS IS A SE TEAM WITH POTENTIALS.

The first half selection by the referee was deliberate and he saw exactly the performance he expected to see and we could tell with his second half substitutions .

I still have a problem with moses , his position is very vital for creating goal chances, I feel musa would have shown more bite if started. moses is slow, weak and for me not dribbly enough to be a hazard if you know what I mean.

I am confident the coach knows his starting eleven and I won't be surprised to see them start against the Czech Republic come June 6th.
Go SE, go SOAR

3 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Rosskii: 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
ajl:

Ighalo is not a skillful striker. He can't create something from half-chance. I mean, that's why he plays in the Chinese league. If he is good, he should be playing in a top league. What do you expect when Nigeria's striker to the world cup play in the Chinese league. I am sure this guy would not make the Eagles of the 90's.

Ighalo virtually scored the Nigerian goal against England. He needs better service.

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by dabossman(m): 8:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
jtwest:
even Gary Medel a midfielder played as a sweeper(behind the two centrebacks) for Chile at last world cup and he was astounding. grin the way people analyze footy these days ehn. lazy analysts everywhere

I tell you. They just let their emotions get the better of their logical reasoning.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by doctore212(m): 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
I will buy a sex doll for each Nigeria player if the win the word cup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by oooduancalmdown: 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
donbenie:

Nigeria win Croatia and Iceland =6
Argentina win Nigeria and Iceland =6
Croatia win Argentina and Iceland =6
C'est Fini?
One country will have to have ZERO POINTS..
Nigeria will beat Croatia and Iceland?
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by caprini1: 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
samtol4:
dont mind people here with negativity spirit . when we were grouped with cameroon ,ALGERIA AND ZAMBIA many guys said we cant qualify that we do not have a team but when we qualify they praised Ighalo and Moses today they are singing a new song ... from a tender age i watch 1986 ,1990,1994,1998.2002,2006,2010,2014 world cups ... Surely we have a good team but defending set peices is a major problem of African teams in global tournaments. I think the aim of the friendly was achieved that is compare joel vs Ogu . Idowu vs aina and elderson . Idowu awesome ... Ogu okay , joel and onazi are waste of space ... Without mincing words ...Ajagun should have make this team but the coach has better plans
All i can say is ,I hail you sir,you Sabi your ball...and I take 1982 work cup pass you Sha grin. following you sharperly

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by phreakabit(m): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2018
spartan117:

The formation looks solid wink
To combat some of the cons I'll suggest using ndidi in DM role he's a known fighter, and then pair mikel with etebo in the midfield, etebo will provide the energy and work rate necessary to play the high pressing game. But onazi should not be anywhere close to the starting XI or even the stadium angry
One more thing, moses Simon would have been ideal for the left flank in this formation, iwobi is too slow and sometimes lazy and musa has been out of form for such a long time in fact I don't know why he's Still in the team. I just hope Simon can recover in time

I agree Onazi is done!
Moses Simon is injured btw...

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Ndonu101: 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
cashful:

Quiet true.. but Ogu I'm sure is within the right weight for his height..

Nobody expected Ogu to play that position when Awaziem is on the bench..
Ebuehi and Idowu will play better as wing backs rather than full backs, so I see us using the 3 back line for our matches at d world cup.. 3-5-2 or 3-4-3

I think Rohr knows what he is doing.. You don't need to let our WC opponents have a full knowledge of our pattern

Rohr should go and coach his boys how to defend corner kick

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by oooduancalmdown: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
Kylekent59:

Why are you supporting mediocrity.

A footballer is suppose to win a match. Stop this your mediocre.

Or is it because they played England?
Nonsense.

Let them go and practice, with what I had seen 3min ago, our players aren't fit for this world cup
They should have ply Brazil and Spain for us to know how good they are
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Donbabaj: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
If Genort Rohr is truly sincere. He would go with my first 11 as shown below.

Ikechukwu Ezenwa

Tyronne Ebuehi Troost Ekong Leon Balogun Bryan Idowu

Victor Moses Wilfred Ndidi Oghenekaro Etebo Alex Iwobi

Odion Ighalo Kelechi Iheanacho

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by joshmee4real(m): 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=CSTR1003 post=68120882]Defence and goal keeping which was supposed to be our weakness looks decent.

Our midfield and attack need to get Sharper.

Rohr should never play two defensive midfielders ever again to avoid the calamitous game we had in the first half .

Anyway, it is a friendly. It was promising from the super eagles. [/quote
Our goal keeper is still weak. what happened to the second goal?
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by vickodedon(m): 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
Omoh this boiz the fear big team
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Smellymouth: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
princejayboss:

Funny how people make mistakes with technicality of football, Ogu is quite too heavy and slow; though played out of position but Onazi should not be dropped, Joe Obi should be home... I think Ndidi will player ahead of them all in the mundial, Mikel had a good game... we have a decent goalkeeper, my concern is Iwobi who I think pulled his hamstring

5 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Smellymouth: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
Donbabaj:
If Genort Rohr is truly sincere. He would go with my first 11 as shown below.

Ikechukwu Ezenwa

Tyronne Ebuehi Troost Ekong Leon Balogun Bryan Idowu

Victor Moses Wilfred Ndidi Oghenekaro Etebo Alex Iwobi

Odion Ighalo Kelechi Iheanacho

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Tapout(m): 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
apparently, iwobi is the most valuable player we have.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by sod09(m): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
ibkayee:
Thank God I'm not Nigerian sha
you say wha angry
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by dabossman(m): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
samtol4:
ALL our past goalies suffer from this problem

It isn't just the goalies. Our players have never been good at defending set pieces. I can almost say that 70% of the goals we've conceded at the World Cup since 1994 have been through set pieces.

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Rosskii: 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2018
Randy91:

You ve bn eating too much pepper!!!!

wake up from ur dream son!

Shut up, fool.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Zanas: 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
At least it's better that this happened during a friendly, the boys now know they have to sit up when the tournament begins
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by ibkayee(f): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
sod09:
you say wha angry
wink tongue
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by donbenie(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Nigeria will beat Croatia and Iceland?
Na just permutations and yes anything is possible..
It wouldn't be the first time we went to a Tournament and defied the group odds.

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by joshmee4real(m): 8:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
Otunbalarry:

the guys tried,give it to them
first half was bad but they woke up

we will improve and i am sure Rohr has taken note of some weak points
This is how you will say the guys tried when the tournament starts in Ernest and at the end, we won't be able to win a single game
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
You can watch Belgium vs Portugal is live here http://nairatv.com

Note..it opens two pop ups
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Caseless: 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
bedspread:
Ogu has Really improved from the much I saw of him today.. he could make a sweet 4 just as Macos Senna of Villarreal like u said

Shehu Abdullai should be dropped... May be Onazi can be used to deputize ebuehi for the right back
JOEL obi should also be dropped...
A faster No9 should be used .. ighalo could come in from the bench..
Seriously we made a mistake not picking that under 17 young boy...
You'd appreciate John ogu more if he's given the right space to operate behind a creative midfielder.

Shehu Abdullahi is inarguably one of the best the team has. Back-to-back, he was our man of the match in the qualifiers. You can't use a single game to judge him now. He wasn't available in our match against Serbia, the ebuehi you prefer "flopped", but he did well today.

Besides, shehu was fasting.

I really pity onazi. He's so heavy now and "irresponsive". He'd still make it to the WC though.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by dabossman(m): 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
samtol4:
dont mind people here with negativity spirit . when we were grouped with cameroon ,ALGERIA AND ZAMBIA many guys said we cant qualify that we do not have a team but when we qualify they praised Ighalo and Moses today they are singing a new song ... from a tender age i watch 1986 ,1990,1994,1998.2002,2006,2010,2014 world cups ... Surely we have a good team but defending set peices is a major problem of African teams in global tournaments. I think the aim of the friendly was achieved that is compare joel vs Ogu . Idowu vs aina and elderson . Idowu awesome ... Ogu okay , joel and onazi are waste of space ... Without mincing words ...Ajagun should have make this team but the coach has better plans

My first World Cup was Mexico 86 too. And you are right set pieced have been the undoing of African teams. Most of the goals we've conceded at the World Cup have been from set pieces.

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by bedspread: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
Caseless:

You'd appreciate John ogu more if he's given the right space to operate behind a creative midfielder.

Shehu Abdullahi is inarguably one of the best the team has. Back-to-back, he was our man of the match in the qualifiers. You can't use a single game to judge him now. He wasn't available in our match against Serbia, the ebuehi you prefer "flopped", but he did well today.

Besides, shehu was fasting.

I really pity onazi. He's so heavy now and "irresponsive". He'd still make it to the WC though.
I don't agree with Shehu... The African teams we played were Not as Swift as What we saw today..

Shehu cannot perform against a Swift team.. Nothing was special about England.. the Difference was their Space....
The game of soccer today is space and Technique

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Caseless: 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
tonididdy:
THIS IS A SE TEAM WITH POTENTIALS.

The first half selection by the referee was deliberate and he saw exactly the performance he expected to see and we could tell with his second half substitutions .

I still have a problem with moses , his position is very vital for creating goal chances, I feel musa would have shown more bite if started. moses is slow, weak and for me not dribbly enough to be a hazard if you know what I mean.

I am confident the coach knows his starting eleven and I won't be surprised to see them start against the Czech Republic come June 6th.
Go SE, go SOAR

Howard Webb, the super eagles's coach, where art thou?

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
nonen:
Mikel''s time should be up with the super eagles.

You're these people that watch match on nairaland. Or your TV is black and white, plus u don't see clearly

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Donwyz(m): 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
my opinion about the game
1.uzoho is good but still needs more game time and test games to boost his confidence
2. the well praised partnership of balogun and ekong was tested today and I'll say that they disappointed with Leon not living up to expectation
3. my beloved ebuehi should start at the world cup. that bro offers a lot while going forward and does well compared to shehu.
4. onazi and Joel obi failed again, they struggled to keep possession and string passes together correctly. they did same against Congo and now the same thing
5. idowu is a little better than echiejile reason being that he knows how to support attack and defend as well
6. iwobi should never be deployed to the wings again. he does well centrally. And ndidi is needed in the team in terms of ball winning and keeping possession
7.ighalo is a good finisher as evident in the way he controlled that iwobi's pass and hit the woodwork
8. Mikel needs to be more of a Yaya toure for Nigeria in terms of surging forward with the ball and making good decisions when he gets to the final-third
9. rohr is a good tactician
10. if not for onazi and Joel's woeful perfomaces, we would'nt have looked foolish in the first half. Lastly john ogu is good. I like his body movement and confidence on the ball

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Did You Notice This Lady During Nigeria Vs Iceland Game? / Congo Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (0 - 2) ON 15th November 2014

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.