Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY (2338 Views)

Man's Car Burgled Within 12 Minutes Of Using An ATM In Abuja / Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos / A Soldier In Uniform Beaten By A Policeman In Mufti At ATM In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by xxolisexx(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2018
So yesterday, 28 may, i was in school to commence my final year clearance and as usual as is mandatory for every final year student wanting to go for service, you have to pay for alumni(#5000) and completion of schl fees 2015/2016(#5000 mind you we paid completely during the session, schl is just looking for ways to extort money from us b4 we leav). So after paying for this two fees summed up at #10,000 i was left with only #1000 naira as pocket money, so since i was in schl and there is a bank and atm spot for withdrawal, i had to withdraw b4 i run out of cash, so i went to the atm spot inside the school located at old seet head. To cut the long story short, i went to the atm spot operated by ACCESS BANK and inserted my diamond bank atm, i typed #7000 as amount to withdraw. Lo and behold the money came out, immediately i noticed a #50 note inside the money, i was reluctant to take the money as i was still amazed wether they were doing a promo gifting people #50naira, and then something just ran through my mind that i should check the money whether the atm machine had counted the #50 note as #1000naira note, lo and behold it was actually #6050 naira that came out against the #7000 which i typed, immediately i got a debit alert of #7000. I know it kinds of sounds absurd, but it actually happened and the bad thing about this whole stuff is that the owners of the atm(ACCESS BANK) dont have a branch in FUTO, they usually come from Nekede Polytechnic, i went to my bank(Diamond bank) to complain, the customer care i met started telling me stories of people withdrawing nylon, paper inside bundles, that it occurs sometimes and in my case it will be difficult because the bank officials from Access bank are not close to confirm my complain. The customer care agent at diamond bank had to call someone he knows who works at Access bank and told him everything, so he told us to send a mail to them with my atm details which we did.
Just trying to let everyone know so that you guys will be cautious when using atms whose banks are not located there, if you have other atms with the banks there make use of them so that incase any issue arises you can easily work into the bank premises and complain.
I have a strong feeling that the guys who are in-charge of the atm intentionally inserted the #50 note in the machine.
Below are photos to backup my story...
@ lalasticlala n mods pls help push to front page

Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by malificent(f): 10:42am On May 29, 2018
shocked

Later someone will come and tell me not to count my money before I leave the ATM.

5 Likes

Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by cometozizo(m): 11:50am On May 29, 2018
kiss
Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by mandae(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2018
Trust me, it can happen, though it is rare. It usually comes from loading of unsorted cash (bundles) into the ATM canister. The funny part is, that money was deposited that way by a customer (yes) and our banks kind of counting machines are not note sensitive. So, the error, must have been "transmitted" and you received it...

You should have snapped the notes while they are still at the ATM shutter (it is more believable that way). Sincerely, I don't see you getting a refund. Sorry for the lose.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by hefelove(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2018
Did u just say the customer care person said people withdrawl lylon and paper from that atm

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 29, 2018
@OP what level are you and what course are you studying ? Read the title of your write up again and see if the title makes sense.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by chloride6: 4:13pm On May 29, 2018
This one na small na

I wanted to withdraw 1k at firstbank ATM in UI. The ATM gave the impression it was counting the money, opens its "mouth" and nothing came out.

28th August 2014.

Was my last 1k that day. I was waiting for fresh inflows from home. I was also dumped by my EX on the night before i.e 27th of August 2014.

I just laughed and went my way.

I can not come and kee myself.

4 Likes

Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by yomalex(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2018
hmm
Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by Ayemileto(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2018
well....
Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 29, 2018
Those 1 thousand notes doesn't look like something gotten from the atm machine cos of how rough it looks and it doesn't even look straight. I stand to be corrected tho
Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by andyanders: 8:22pm On May 29, 2018
It is the cash officer loading that particular ATM that is responsible for that. You should have gone inside and create a scene there and the bank will give you the money. Your own bank is not responsible unless they want to help you contact the bank that own the ATM.
Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by xxolisexx(m): 10:18pm On May 29, 2018
andyanders:
It is the cash officer loading that particular ATM that is responsible for that. You should have gone inside and create a scene there and the bank will give you the money. Your own bank is not responsible unless they want to help you contact the bank that own the ATM.
access bank dont have a branch inside futo, it just a lone atm spot, they usually come from nekede polytechnic to load the atm with cash
Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by festus2905(m): 12:45pm On May 30, 2018
I believe the whole story, but why d money come fold like that. Im sure no ATM wud ever dispense cash with such a shape.
Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by Professorcplus(m): 4:10pm On May 30, 2018
Banks are cooperate scammers. I am sure you will never see #1000 note inside ATM machine that gives out #500 notes but reverse is the case if happens though but mine is not #50 note
Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by Hibiscuss(m): 10:44am On Jun 01, 2018
festus2905:
I believe the whole story, but why d money come fold like that. Im sure no ATM wud ever dispense cash with such a shape.

Not everybody use wallet. He might have fold it into his pocket. He snapped the pix at home and not at the atm point.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by Hibiscuss(m): 10:44am On Jun 01, 2018
xxolisexx:
So yesterday, 28 may, i was in school to commence my final year clearance and as usual as is mandatory for every final year student wanting to go for service, you have to pay for alumni(#5000) and completion of schl fees 2015/2016(#5000 mind you we paid completely during the session, schl is just looking for ways to extort money from us b4 we leav). So after paying for this two fees summed up at #10,000 i was left with only #1000 naira as pocket money, so since i was in schl and there is a bank and atm spot for withdrawal, i had to withdraw b4 i run out of cash, so i went to the atm spot inside the school located at old seet head. To cut the long story short, i went to the atm spot operated by ACCESS BANK and inserted my diamond bank atm, i typed #7000 as amount to withdraw. Lo and behold the money came out, immediately i noticed a #50 note inside the money, i was reluctant to take the money as i was still amazed wether they were doing a promo gifting people #50naira, and then something just ran through my mind that i should check the money whether the atm machine had counted the #50 note as #1000naira note, lo and behold it was actually #6050 naira that came out against the #7000 which i typed, immediately i got a debit alert of #7000. I know it kinds of sounds absurd, but it actually happened and the bad thing about this whole stuff is that the owners of the atm(ACCESS BANK) dont have a branch in FUTO, they usually come from Nekede Polytechnic, i went to my bank(Diamond bank) to complain, the customer care i met started telling me stories of people withdrawing nylon, paper inside bundles, that it occurs sometimes and in my case it will be difficult because the bank officials from Access bank are not close to confirm my complain. The customer care agent at diamond bank had to call someone he knows who works at Access bank and told him everything, so he told us to send a mail to them with my atm details which we did.
Just trying to let everyone know so that you guys will be cautious when using atms whose banks are not located there, if you have other atms with the banks there make use of them so that incase any issue arises you can easily work into the bank premises and complain.
I have a strong feeling that the guys who are in-charge of the atm intentionally inserted the #50 note in the machine.
Below are photos to backup my story...
@ lalasticlala n mods pls help push to front page

Unbelievable

Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by garywhite: 5:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
MY EXPERIENCE AT GTBank ABule Taylor Today,(01/06/2018)

GTBank is a first call bank when you make a list of banks that swept people's feet with a strong wave of wow activities toward her customers. Everyone wanted to identify with GTBank as a result of the young and vibrant members of staff attending to queries and all.

However things are changing as a result of the demolition of your bigger branch at Abule Egba bus stop, which makes the e-branch at Abule Taylor the only option people around Abule Egba and its environ got for all Financial Activities.

GTBank was a topnotch, when it came to customer service experience, but i like to say that culture is gone.

I am and have been a loyal customer to GTBank regardless of my CONSTANT heart aches at several business offices due to the unruly acts by her CSRs particularly at the e-branch located at Abule Taylor where i recently had another painful experience. Standing for more than 2hrs and seeing people jumping queues to get their issues attended to by the Customer Service Reps, and those on queue acting as queue officers angrily just to ensure they are attended to early enough.

Invariably, a GTBank staff (OLUWASEYI) acted amazingly by helping a woman that arrived in about 2mins jump queue while a lot of people had been patiently waiting. While a customer spoke against this OLUWASEYI's act another staff (TOSIN with first computer on your right after passing through the mantrap door took Seyi's side and said "I ONLY do BVN, and this woman came for BVN". What? Only BVN as a bank's CSR? Surprisingly, she attended to me and my issue wasn't BVN related. I see her act unprofessional and unethical. OLUWASEYI had earlier argued with me and gave me a BVN form when i told her categorically that my issue wasn't BVN related. While i was also explaining, she gave the attitudinal look, more like i was merely speaking "English". Lol

I have realized your CSRs aren't patient enough to LISTEN to customer complaints before jumping right into issue resolution. And this led to me having two accounts in GTBank when i wanted one. Instead of upgrading my student account to normal savings, the CSR opened a new one for me.

Well i'd waited for 2 SOLID hours to resolve two issues (1. Internet banking for my account & 2.Card decline message during Facebook Ad promotion online payment). I told CSR TOSIN about my second issue and she gave the face of "i can ONLY resolve one issue" and she referred me to the tellers, IMAGINE? I'd asked the tellers upon entering into the bank; BUKOLA a teller, said the debit card decline could either be network or to report the issue at the CSR desk.

This made me become observant; lo & behold, i saw another customer engaging the CSR between AYOMIPO and TOSIN (The pregnant CSR) in an argument while the CSR also made attitudinal faces and hissed. You wouldn't blame this customers for having to stand more than 4hrs, while the CSRs don't rest at all too, becuase you got just ONE branch in the whole of Abule Egba and its environ, located at Abule Taylor.

Going forward, i suggest you re-orientate your CSRs more on how to respect customers and always act professional while dealing with irate customers. Secondly, We need a bigger GTBank business office between Abule Egba and Ijaiye.
Re: MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY by lovediehatelive(m): 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
This case is serious and should reach their head office!!! What's their twitter handle self angry

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys – How They Make Billions Daily / Man Tries To Smuggle Three Cobra Snakes. What He Uses Will Shock You(photos) / Abia Govt. Busts Drug Cartel, Exposes How Cocaines Are Concealed In Shirt Button

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.