Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition (23190 Views)

Kizz Daniel Sues Vanguard For N100 Million Over COZA Pastor Biodun Rape Story / Simi And Her Mother Blast Each Other On Twitter, Threatens To Block Her (pics) / Adekunle Gold And Simisola Albums: The Chemistry Between Simi And Adekunle Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by Joelsblog(m): 7:01pm On May 29, 2018
X3M music act, Praise Adejoh, fondly known as Praiz and Simi and who are both signed to X3M Music are the cover stars of Vanguard Allure Magazine‘s may edition.

In the interview with the magazine, the speak about the rise to fame and how they are trailblazers in their genre of music.

Fans know him as Praiz, but his real name is Praise Ugbede Adejo. He is also a soul and R n B artiste who hails from Kogi state in Nigeria. Praiz was born on 8th of March,1984.

He came from the family of four children and was the second child among them all. Though all of his other siblings were born in Lagos, their family had to relocateto Kaduna state because of the missionary function of their father in Kaduna state.

Praiz has a National Diploma in Computer Science from Kaduna Polytechnic. It might interest you to know that Praiz career started as he participated in the first edition of Project Fame West Africa, which was a music competition show hosted by MTN West Africa.

His decent performance and love from his fans put him second runner-up behind the famous Iyanya who later emerged winner of the grand prize.

Despite not winning the grand prize, Praiz still believed in himself and still got what he deserved as his fan based increased and the road to stardom opened for him.

Interestingly, his creative job in music has made him do songs with artistes like Awilo Longomba, Seyi Shay, M.I, Cobhams , Wizkid etc.

News by JoelsBlog
https://joelsblog.com.ng/allure-cover-story-simi-and-praiz-covers-vanguard-allure-may-2018-issue/

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by Joelsblog(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2018
Read Praise Interview with Vanguard Below

Singer PRAIZ – Reaping the Fruit of Hard Work

With hearty laughs and his playful demeanor, Praise Ugbede Adejo, popularly known by his stage name, Praiz sits with us before his cover shoot in his printed silk shirt and jeans, showing us he’s ready to answer all questions with no ‘hot seat’ moment for him.
Since participating in the popular music reality show, Project Fame that brought him into lime light, Praiz has not looked back. He has gradually etched himself as one of the top R&B crooners from this continent.
Winning Headies a few weeks back, goes to prove that point. In this encounter, we wanted to know how the award-winning artiste and soul singer felt to be rewarded once again in a genre he is known for. But, in this chat, the soul singer opened up about his failed relationship, his music, and some dream collaborations he hopes to make in his life as an artiste.

Winning Headies 2018, how long have you been waiting for it?

I’ve been waiting for my next Headies since the last time I won my last Headies. And the last Headies was in 2013 for Rich and Famous. Consequent years, I’ve had nominations from seven to six to three and I didn’t win any. For me, I’ve gotten to a stage where, while I love awards and know that awards make you feel good an appreciated for all the work you put in, I’m at a level where I don’t allow awards be the determining factor to evaluate how my music is. Nominations came, I didn’t win any, but I’m happy that this year, I won something. It was about time you know (Laughs). Everyone knows I put in a lot of work and I know that what is yours is yours, I don’t even stress it. I’m grateful to God and the Headies Academy for the award and to my fans and my label, X3M Music.

Did entering the industry through a reality TV show make your journey easier?

Getting into the industry via a reality TV show had its advantage and its disadvantage. Its advantage is that while the show lasted, I was able to build a fan base. The disadvantage is that a lot of people in the industry don’t regard you as an industry person. So you need to work extra hard and prove yourself to be a part of the industry.

You’ve experimented with different genre, how do you feel to be awarded for Folashade after the experiment?
Anybody who knows my music knows I’m R&B. Presently, I have more R&B songs than any alternative, pop or Afrobeat songs. I am glad to have been awarded for a genre I represent. If you’re to name top five R&B artistes in Africa, I think my name will be there and I’m really excited and grateful to God for that.

What inspired Folashade?

Folashade was inspired by my last relationship; a failed relationship actually. It didn’t just work out. I’m grateful to God because it was an experience that inspired me to win big. I don’t take any situation for granted, whether winning, losing, everything is an inspiration and I like to draw out positivity from it.

You do have an interesting sense of style, what informs it?

The way I dress is influenced by how I feel. I try not to dress according to trend because it doesn’t make you feel original. If I feel like wearing printed shirt or vintage, I just go with it.

With all the made in Nigerian outfits you’ve worn, which of them would you consider your best?

It’s hard to pick, but I know I have favorites and Mai Atafo tops the list for me, followed by Jason Posh whose pieces I love rocking and then McMeka.

Who has been your greatest influence so far in the Nigerian music industry?

I can’t think of anybody in the Nigerian music industry but character-wise, I’d say, Tuface Idibia. He is down to earth. You’d rarely see Tuface with bodyguards. It’s not that he’s not security conscious; he’s a very simple man regardless of his achievements. His character inspires me a lot.

If you’re not doing music what would you be doing?

That’ll be soccer. If I wasn’t doing music I’ll be playing soccer. I know most people won’t believe me but I play soccer well.

Have you ever thought of giving up on music?

No. I have never thought of giving up on music. I’ve had frustrating moments but I’ve never gotten to the point where I’d say I’m done. I don’t know how to give up easily. I like to try and I don’t like to lose. So yes, there have been series of frustrating moments but what I try to do in those moments is to take a break, sleep and maybe party. I just take a break from what I’m doing or do something different from what I’m working on.

What would you call your best collaboration so far in the music industry?

That’s a tough one because I wouldn’t want to sleep on other collaborations because, every collaboration I’ve done, has opened a way or added value to me. It’s quite hard to pick a “best” but Sisi is a good one, Me & You featuring Sarkodie is a great collaboration, Oshe featuring Awilo Logomba in 2013 was great one because I used that song to raise funds for a child who was born with a hole in his heart. I will never forget what the collaboration achieved.

Interesting! So what collaborations would you consider your dream collaboration?

My dream collaboration would be Praiz and John Legend, Praiz and Adele or Praiz and Craig David. Now, that one I’m really looking forward to because I love Craig David a lot.

So what advice would you give to younger artiste?

My advice to young artiste is that they should be certain they’re in the right business. They must be good at what they do. They must be patient. Patience is very important. You can’t be entering this business with the mind to explode with one single. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but they need to realize that everyone’s destiny is set up differently. They must note that while patience is important, humility will take you farther than your talent. An important thing as an artiste is to also surround yourself with people who will tell you the truth instead of having yes men around you. Have people that’ll tell you your song is good but also point out things that are genuinely wrong with your song. People that will tell you the truth because they want to see you grow not people that say yes to everything. Above all these I have mentioned, have God, he’ll guide you to help you have all I’ve mentioned and even more.

2 Likes

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by beledinho(m): 8:13pm On May 29, 2018
Jesus is coming soon!!!... My FTC!!!

4 Likes

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by Gepheral: 8:13pm On May 29, 2018
Where is Praise from? Adejoh sounds Idoma

1 Like

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by efemena5050(m): 8:14pm On May 29, 2018
Simi worwor see her like a white bee

5 Likes

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by GistMore: 8:14pm On May 29, 2018
cool
Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by BlackHatNaija: 8:14pm On May 29, 2018
Simi looking like the Mona Lisa art.

1 Like

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by NIGHTMARE0O7: 8:14pm On May 29, 2018
This simi ugly die..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by IwillSucced(m): 8:14pm On May 29, 2018
This girl has been getting a lot of praises for being a great songwriter, although no one understands her relationship with Adekunle gold and falz

Looking For Capital For Your Business? Then Get It Now And Boost Your Business
www.smalllbusinessloans..com/2018/05/best-small-business-loan-websites-you.html

3 Likes

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by barallanee(f): 8:15pm On May 29, 2018
B
Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by BESTEAGLE: 8:15pm On May 29, 2018
More success is all I wish.
Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by luminouz(m): 8:16pm On May 29, 2018
Nice Lookers!!!
Me likey!!
Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by Bossontop(m): 8:16pm On May 29, 2018
undecided

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 29, 2018
X

Aunty Simi the monotonic singer grin

1 Like

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by ell17(m): 8:19pm On May 29, 2018
Simi deserves all the best she can get, she is the most talented Nigerian female, if not the most talented Nigerian artiste.
When I get there, I'll buy you a 90 Million Naira Porsche

5 Likes

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by webmaster001: 8:20pm On May 29, 2018
Good
Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by bedspread: 8:20pm On May 29, 2018
efemena5050:
Simi worwor see her like a white bee
You come fine Like TARibo West

7 Likes

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by Clyod: 8:23pm On May 29, 2018
I love Simi. She is gifted

4 Likes

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by PierreAbutu(m): 8:25pm On May 29, 2018
Joelsblog:
X3M music act, Praise Adejoh, fondly known as Praiz and Simi and who are both signed to X3M Music are the cover stars of Vanguard Allure Magazine‘s may edition.

In the interview with the magazine, the speak about the rise to fame and how they are trailblazers in their genre of music.

Fans know him as Praiz, but his real name is Praise Ugbede Adejo. He is also a soul and R n B artiste who hails from Kogi state in Nigeria. Praiz was born on 8th of March,1984.

He came from the family of four children and was the second child among them all. Though all of his other siblings were born in Lagos, their family had to relocateto Kaduna state because of the missionary function of their father in Kaduna state.

Praiz has a National Diploma in Computer Science from Kaduna Polytechnic. It might interest you to know that Praiz career started as he participated in the first edition of Project Fame West Africa, which was a music competition show hosted by MTN West Africa.

His decent performance and love from his fans put him second runner-up behind the famous Iyanya who later emerged winner of the grand prize.

Despite not winning the grand prize, Praiz still believed in himself and still got what he deserved as his fan based increased and the road to stardom opened for him.

Interestingly, his creative job in music has made him do songs with artistes like Awilo Longomba, Seyi Shay, M.I, Cobhams , Wizkid etc.

News by JoelsBlog
https://joelsblog.com.ng/allure-cover-story-simi-and-praiz-covers-vanguard-allure-may-2018-issue/

Mismatch
Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by KazeemIbrahim1: 8:28pm On May 29, 2018
Simi face be like Tokoz Padlock sha undecided

2 Likes

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by Pentools(m): 8:48pm On May 29, 2018
Joelsblog:

News by JoelsBlog

Nawaoh..
This gal's face can make someone to easily loose konji appetite merely looking at the face, I just wonder what it will be like if she now off cloth, loosing the konji appetite will be extended to like 6 months to a year.

If she's seeing this I implore her to follow the path of Duncan mighty, she should focus more on audio songs n stop shooting/appearing on videos musical or not,if she must show her face let her cover it like lagbaja.

Undeniably the gal sings tho! But her looks are nauseating.

3 Likes

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by encryptjay(m): 8:50pm On May 29, 2018
Both of them are good song writers. Just that this Pon pon beats won't let us hear world. She say give me assurance...
Kogi boy
Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by OLUWANISH0LA(m): 9:17pm On May 29, 2018
where is the couples goal? awon bloggers yi sha..
Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by diadem10: 9:24pm On May 29, 2018
Osu hating pigs on the run on the thread. Chioma chukwuka isn't even 1/3 as fine as Simi but no one is running her down on her thread. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 29, 2018
They aren't compatible cool

1 Like

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by Neminc: 9:48pm On May 29, 2018
Ugly, ugly, ugly...... That's all I am seeing in that pic.....undiluted ugliness angry

2 Likes

Re: Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition by ikorodureporta: 9:51pm On May 29, 2018
All of una wey dey call Simi ugly., na she create herself? Like say if she giv una that place una no go shine, beg for more sef..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Davido Remembers Obama DMW On Posthumous Birthday (Photos) / Sandra Okagbue Stuns In Traditional Outfit (Photo) / Naeto C & His Son (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.