Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,748 members, 7,827,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

"Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit (17908 Views)

Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request / Man United Could Pay Sanchez £12m Next Season Not To Play For Them / I Feel Sorry For Alvaro Morata - Ruud Gulit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by damickey(m): 8:02pm On May 29, 2018

Netherlands assistant manager Ruud Gullit has claimed that the inaction of those at the helm of affairs at Chelsea caused the unrest in the dressing room. According to him, the board was to blame for Chelsea’s struggles and not Conte.

Ruud Gullit spent two years as Chelsea manager from 1996-98 and admitted the peculiar difficulties of managing the club. He, rather than pointing fingers at Conte for missing out on the UCL next season, pointed fingers squarely at the board for their poor management.

“I’m not blaming it on Conte,” the Netherlands assistant manager told Goal. “I’m blaming it on the rumours from the beginning about whether he was going to have to leave or whatever. Nobody upstairs did anything about it. No one said: ‘Hey, that’s that a rumour, that’s not true. He’s our coach.’ That didn’t happen.

“The players who are playing, they don’t care, but the players who are not playing see an opportunity that if he leaves, maybe they can play. So, you get a lot of trouble into the locker room. You don’t need that as a coach.

“It’s not been a success. It has been a plaster on the wound. It’s been a very hard season.

“If they could exchange the Champions League place for the FA Cup, they’d do it.”

He then joked that longevity as a manager at Chelsea would be ensured by not winning trophies.

“If you win something, then you’re in danger in Chelsea,” the 55-year-old said. “The one who didn’t win anything stayed the longest – Claudio Ranieri. He was there for four years. All the others had to leave. It’s better not to win anything!”

READ MORE: https://savechelsea.net/gullit-blame-the-board-for-poor-season-not-conte/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by dominique(f): 8:58pm On May 29, 2018
Coach always takes the blame
Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by akeentech(m): 9:02pm On May 29, 2018
dominique:
Coach always takes the blame

Karius cost us our CL loss nd not the coach. Players also take the blame.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by CriticMaestro: 9:02pm On May 29, 2018
Who dey always field bakayoko for match....rubbish

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by Goldmaxx(f): 9:03pm On May 29, 2018
what am I doing here? someone answer me
Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by Cladez(m): 9:03pm On May 29, 2018
Mr man please pack well jhoor.Conte is to be blamed full time.
His line up and formation always looks mediocre.

Lastly we should also blame the board for his love story with bakayoko abi na mamayoko.

10 Likes

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by oshe11: 9:03pm On May 29, 2018
Chelsea should buy Players that are World Class not fill the dressing room with average players that will not make Madrid's 2nd 11

BTW....

When Afonja did One Festival and asked girls to SIT-AT-HOME no one said anything nor threatened them, so why is the IGP, Umahi and Co blowing hot air ontop IPOB matter?

PS: I'm not even IGBO/IBO

6 Likes

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by BlackHatNaija: 9:03pm On May 29, 2018
Ruud forgets the tradition at Chelsea. It's on the coach.
Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by DannyJ19(m): 9:07pm On May 29, 2018
Those Lazy players wea coach waste money buy....

UNILAG 1st eleven better pass them..

Well except Ngolochukwu Kante.

6 Likes

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by dyze(m): 9:07pm On May 29, 2018
Conte should stay as a true Chelsea fan
Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by opera1(m): 9:08pm On May 29, 2018
Not to win anything kẹ̀ ? We are not Arsenal fc.
Chelsea wahala started d day mr Michael Emenalo left d club.

1 Like

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by aveiro(m): 9:09pm On May 29, 2018
It happens and when it does,everybody point to the coach. He's in charge of the dressing room.
Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 29, 2018
Chelsea is still greater than Liverpool and Tottenham
What use is playing in the champions league when you know Real Madrid and Barca will be playing?

9 Likes

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by lilfreezy: 9:10pm On May 29, 2018
oshe11:
Chelsea should buy Players that are World Class not fill the dressing room with average players that will not make Madrid's 2nd 11

BTW....

When Afonja did One Festival and asked girls to SIT-AT-HOME no one said anything nor threatened them, so why is the IGP, Umahi and Co blowing hot air ontop IPOB matter?

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by khalids: 9:13pm On May 29, 2018
CriticMaestro:

I believe the reason he did that was to spite the board.....it was like"see wetin una buy, e no fit play ball, but since na wetin una buy i go they put am for match, eyin were...... grin grin grin"

27 Likes

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 29, 2018
There is an atom of truth but Conte too should be blamed.. WTF is Bakayoko Abi na yokoyoko sef

4 Likes

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 29, 2018
grin
khalids:

I believe the reason he did that was to spite the board.....it was like"see wetin una buy, e no fit play ball, but since na wetin una buy i go they put am for match, eyin were...... grin grin grin"
Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by badmrkt(m): 9:16pm On May 29, 2018
Too many chelshit BS on the front page!!! Wetin happen?
Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:18pm On May 29, 2018
Rubbish

Was it the board that sent a text to Diego Costa that his services are no longer needed?....

That singular act without a back up plan cost Chelsea a spot in the champions league.... Which means they might lose their best players to rivals

Who sells matic for a bakayoko sad
Who loans out Batsuayi for an unproven Morata

When did Chelsea... The blues start signing bench warmers from arsenal?...

Conte should be held responsible
He doesn't know how to manage players
He will soon sell willian to United

His time in Chelsea is up

12 Likes

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by Spar7tan(m): 9:21pm On May 29, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Na only that one dey pain you? cheesy

Poor selection nko?
Very rigid manager that won't rotate team selection

2 Likes

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by potent5(m): 9:24pm On May 29, 2018
khalids:

Spot on.
Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by abc115: 9:24pm On May 29, 2018
Conte Negative Attitude

1 Like

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by potent5(m): 9:25pm On May 29, 2018
And Conte kept on fielding Fabregas and Morata even when they were not playing anything.

1 Like

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by kunleweb: 9:26pm On May 29, 2018
If there's any body i want to be right now in the world,it is Costa.Cause right now,Costa will be chewing corn and sipping zobo watching the whole Conte drama from the sidelines.

1 Like

Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by opera1(m): 9:26pm On May 29, 2018
potent5:
And Conte kept on fielding Fabregas and Morata even when they were not playing anything.

Bakayoko nko?
Re: "Blame The Board For Poor Season, Not Conte" — Ruud Gullit by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:29pm On May 29, 2018
oshe11:

BTW....

They are all Afraid of the rising sun

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! / John Fashanu Rubbishes Interest Claim From Fan, Says It's Unfounded! / Pictures From Super Eagles Last Training Session In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.