Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? (500 Views)

Buhari Participates In Katsina State Development Fund 2023 (Photos) / President Buhari Visits Imo, Receives Chieftaincy, Participates In APC Rally / Peter Obi Participates In The NEGD Presidential Debate, 12th February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by Nafizzey(m): 6:23am On May 30, 2018
As the topics says, can a civil servants participates fully in active politics such as belonging to political party, associating with politicians, joining campaigns, rallies, etc without affecting his job if known in his place of work?

Please I need enlightenment from informed Nairalanders. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by thatigboman: 6:38am On May 30, 2018
Nafizzey:
As the topics says, can a civil servants participates fully in active politics such as belonging to political party, associating with politicians, joining campaigns, rallies, etc without affecting his job if known in his place of work?

Please I need enlightenment from informed Nairalanders. Thank you
no.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by Nafizzey(m): 6:39am On May 30, 2018
Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by Siki355(m): 7:21am On May 30, 2018
yes you can if u are not going fr any political position eg LGA chairmanship, House of reps, Councillor etc
Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by Nobody: 7:31am On May 30, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

It depends. For instance, some governors have declared that any civil servant contesting for any political position should resign.

☣ ☠
Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by orisa37: 7:39am On May 30, 2018
Not in Campaign but can vote. He must resign to campaign and to be voted for.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by GuntersChain(m): 8:06am On May 30, 2018
it is against the rules. you can vote but not seeing campaigning for anyone like magu.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by Nafizzey(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2018
Siki355:
yes you can if u are not going fr any political position eg LGA chairmanship, House of reps, Councillor etc
I'm not contesting for any political position..

please I need more contributions.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by Siki355(m): 8:34am On May 30, 2018
Nafizzey:
I'm not contesting for any political position..

please I need more contributions.

like I said earlier yes you can if u are contesting for any political position

my uncle's who are in civil service,, are doing the things you mentioned above.. and its not effecting there jobs in anyway..
Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:21am On May 30, 2018
Siki355:

like I said earlier yes you can if u are contesting for any political position

my uncle's who are in civil service,, are doing the things you mentioned above.. and its not effecting there jobs in anyway..
probably belongs to the incumbent party of such state.
You cant belong to any political group as a civil servant.
Imagine having a govt policy that is different from your party ideology, what will you do?
Kick against it and get sacked? then govt incurs cost in trying to replace you.
I know people do it, but it is illegal according to civil service code, and sorry is your case if found on the wrong side of events
NB
you can participate as an observer(go to their meetings, watch events) however, note that this is difficult to prove if caught within crossfire, but not a registered member nor part of a campaign(rally, banner, insigna, etc)

1 Like

Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by Nafizzey(m): 11:55am On May 30, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

probably belongs to the incumbent party of such state.
You cant belong to any political group as a civil servant.
Imagine having a govt policy that is different from your party ideology, what will you do?
Kick against it and get sacked? then govt incurs cost in trying to replace you.
I know people do it, but it is illegal according to civil service code, and sorry is your case if found on the wrong side of events
OmeNB
you can participate as an observer(go to their meetings, watch events) however, note that this is difficult to prove if caught within crossfire, but not a registered member nor part of a campaign(rally, banner, insigna, etc)
Thanks

More views needed

Tonyebarcanista
Re: Can A Civil Servant Participates In Politics? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:19pm On May 30, 2018
Nafizzey:
Thanks

More views needed

Tonyebarcanista
Yes Sir!

The recent court judgement has permitted civil servants to join political parties BUT when such person seek elective position or is given party or partisan responsibility, he will have to either resign his job as civil servant or get leave.

(1) (Reply)

Kwara APC Congratulate Members Appointed To Function On Convention Committee / We Will Replace Buhari With Atiku - NAME, Northern Caucus Reveal. Promise To Pa / We Are Not Neglected By Kogi Apc Youth Leader – Bunu Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.