Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Be Careful Who You Assist At The ATM Points - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Be Careful Who You Assist At The ATM Points (498 Views)

Be Careful Who You Meet Online See How Instagram Model Is Killed By A Man / What Happened Yesterday, I Went To First Bank To Use The ATM / My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful Who You Assist At The ATM Points by SaroWiwa: 9:01am On May 30, 2018
Please read below extract and be careful Who you assist at the ATM points, you may unknowingly taking part in a crime so as not to fall victim to crimes you know nothing about. A friend posted this on his facebook.

"Last Friday, I ordered food from my food vendor, but a different guy delivered it. I asked what happened to the guy that usually serves me food, and was told that he was arrested by the police.
Yesterday, I ordered again, and the arrested guy brought the food. I asked him why he was arrested, and the story below will shock you.
He was at the ATM last weekend to withdraw some money. After withdrawing and about to leave, a man whom I met in the ATM stand that evening walked up to me and complained about how his bank was not available and he needed money urgently to settle bills.
In fact, he told me that his car knocked someone down and he needs money to pay the hospital bills.
He asked if he could transfer the some of N90 thousand Naira to my account, so I could help him withdraw with my ATM card. After considering what hospitals do to patients that have no money to deposit before treatment ,i gave him my account number and he transferred the money and I withdraw it with my ATM card. He thanked me profusely and we departed.
Few days later, I got a call from my bank to come and fill a form. When I got to the bank, I was asked to sit and a BVN Re-registration form was given to me. After some minutes, some policemen came and I was arrested for phone theft and fraudulent transfer and withdrawal of funds.
To cut a sad story short, the man I helped at the ATM stole someone's phone, hacked his account and transferred to unsuspecting nine(9)persons in different t ATM machines across Enugu.
We all helped him withdraw close to 1m that day!
I was made to pay for the 90 thousand naira he sent to my account , hence my release from police custody".

Please learn from this event and protect yourself from criminal elements.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Who You Assist At The ATM Points by Samsimple(m): 9:16am On May 30, 2018
Na human being dey make human being wicked.. Imagine that guy in d same situation again he would definately turn d person down. Weda the person is telling d truth or not..

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful Who You Assist At The ATM Points by gonkin(m): 12:45pm On May 30, 2018
They are everywhere. One day, a sunday. I went to the bank to withdraw some funds and a guy was just hissing and hissing. He said the atm is rejecting his card LOUDLY, i continued to ignore wetin concern me when it got to my turn he asked if he could transfer via mobile banking so i could help him withdraw that he WILL SETTLE ME. That word alone raised my suspicion cuz the guy had this blingy appearance and studs also i believed him to be a yahoo boy. Omo. I just told him straight that i cant help him.

He still pressed it and said I GO SETTLE U NA JUST 100K I WAN COLLECT BUT THE ATM DEY REJECT MY CARD. And i said. NO WAY and now pointed he should go and meet some other person there. He just walked out angrily. Some one there now brought up the issue that the guy is a fraudster. If i had agreed, he will do fake transfer and say the money is in my account and we would both wait when the money doesn't appear on my bank he will now accuse me of stealing his money and force me to payback. Or worse its a stolen account like the op.

When i was at school my colleague was a victim. He harbored a kidnapper in his room. So the kidnapper said he's expecting some money but doesn't have a valid account my colleague give the criminal the account number and he used the account to post as ransom. The alert was sent and when my colleague went to make the withdrawal he was asked to wait. Behold he was arrested and had no idea, after 2 weeks he was released with a swollen red eye. He now narrated what happened.

Another one was 3k recharge card. The kidnappers requested recharge card from the victims family and sold it to a vendor. The vendor loaded the card and surprisingly it was tracked to his place in delta. He was arrested and later bailed with the sum of 200k. So one has to be very careful. Sometimes i dont help a novice using the machine i ask em to call security

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Who You Assist At The ATM Points by Samsimple(m): 4:24pm On May 30, 2018
Lalasticlala come and see this oohh

(1) (Reply)

Man Allegedly Beats Wife To Death 4 Months After Wedding / I Left Church Vigil To Burgle House –suspect / Fake PHED Official Busted In Portharcourt After Collecting 90k For Meter (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.