Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Why Jumia Why? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Jumia Why? (507 Views)

Eleje Chukwuma: Trial Of Slain Jumia Delivery Agent Stalled / EFCC Arrests Fake Jumia Agent In Benin / Omg!! [Deals.Jumia.ng] Na Scam Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jumia Why? by Osila2: 12:41pm On May 30, 2018
On the May 22nd, 2018 a Bontel E11 android phone was delivered to me after I ordered for it on 17thMay, 2018 on a package of MPDS-373136566-7819.
I discovered, after charging it on same day, of its excessive heat and fast battery power discharging, I promptly called the Jumia customer care to lodge the complaints. Apologies were given with a promise that a dispatch man will be sent to me to pick up the phone. I received a call again from the customer care to also apologized and to inform me that a N1,000 voucher has been generated for me as a gift towards my subsequent purchase on Jumia, on the second day.
On the 3rd day, a mail was sent to me that one of the Jumia dispatch called Gabriel (same person who delivered the phone) will be coming for pickup.
I was shocked and embarrassed to receive a Jumia mail on May 28th, 2018 stating that the phone "have not been handed over/dropped off on time. Therefore, your return request has been cancelled and you might not be able to return these items anymore".
I called the customer's care and they told me that the pickup guy called me once and couldn't reach me and that's what they are hinging their reason on.
Is Jumia intentionally selling bad products to Nigerians?
Jumia told me that calls are made 3 times to a customer for delivery and only 1 time to a customer for retrieval, HABA?
Is Jumia now arm twisting, enforcing me and Nigerians by trick to accept the bad products delivered?
I want Jumia bad policy and bad business relationship with Nigerians to stop.
I also want Jumia to let me have voucher replacement against the bad phone I was sold.
Re: Why Jumia Why? by Abudu2000(m): 7:13am On Jun 06, 2018
No come spoil jumia name here. I have been using them since God knows when. The phone I'm typing with I got from them, majority of my house appliances infact I ordered something last week but when I received their call yesterday I cancelled due to insufficient cash on me.

I already ordered something else and I'm expecting their call. Before u do things always tink about the effect on someone else.

Gm
Re: Why Jumia Why? by gonkin(m): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2018
Abudu2000:
No come spoil jumia name here. I have been using them since God knows when. The phone I'm typing with I got from them, majority of my house appliances infact I ordered something last week but when I received their call yesterday I cancelled due to insufficient cash on me.

I already ordered something else and I'm expecting their call. Before u do things always tink about the effect on someone else.

Gm

It happens, you just haven't experienced it yet. Sometimes they have too many returns that the person in charge doesn't record some returned items.
I am a seller and also a buyer. The phone im using is 3years old. I ordered m3 and was sent m2. It took a month before all was settled. Also i experienced something with a battery i ordered 9 cell and they sent 6 cell. I couldn't return it cuz their stories are stressful.

I received an order for an engagement ring the order was delivered but the buyer didn't know the right size so he returned the order. This is the 2nd month and im still yet to get my return. Its both ways both buyer and seller but your case is the QC/return center they didn't record your return at the right time
Re: Why Jumia Why? by Osila2: 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
gonkin:

It happens, you just haven't experienced it yet. Sometimes they have too many returns that the person in charge doesn't record some returned items.
I am a seller and also a buyer. The phone im using is 3years old. I ordered m3 and was sent m2. It took a month before all was settled. Also i experienced something with a battery i ordered 9 cell and they sent 6 cell. I couldn't return it cuz their stories are stressful.

I received an order for an engagement ring the order was delivered but the buyer didn't know the right size so he returned the order. This is the 2nd month and im still yet to get my return. Its both ways both buyer and seller but your case is the QC/return center they didn't record your return at the right time

My Brother, thank you very much.
God bless you for your response.

(1) (Reply)

Offa Robbery: Police Invite Senate President Saraki / University Graduate Dies While Returning From Her Graduation Thanksgiving(photos / My Wife And Children Beat Me Always” – Muslim Cleric Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.