Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? (1556 Views)

I Need Someone To Teach Me How To Create Web-site / How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by nikky5(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2010
Hi Web masters in the house.Can anyone pls help me out on how to create a web email with the domain name of the organisation using dreamweaver.Secondly, how can i get my form processed using dreamweaver?Thank you and God bless for your response.LUV U ALL.
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by c7(m): 9:04pm On May 28, 2010
Why creating double topics? I've nt use DW so well B4, so wait for DW masters 2 Enter>>>>
Waiting. . . .
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by c7(m): 9:04pm On May 28, 2010
Why creating double topics? I've nt use DW so well B4, so wait for DW masters 2 Enter>>>>
Waiting. . . .
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 28, 2010
Look, this is one of the many reasons why i hate developers who teach people or encourage people to learn development of sites with DW,

It sucks, hope no developer feel offended, but i feel one should be able to decifere the difference between what DW can do and what is obtainable with some other technologies,

@Poster. Both of the things you mentioned are only obtained off DW. What i mean is that you need to make use of some other stuffs.

A mail for an organisation/webmail can be gotten once you host a site, Major hosts come with amount of mail you can set up. All you need do is to register it, Your host can do that for you, or you can do that yourself with CPanel, a software that comes with hosting a site. Then you recieve the mails when you loging to your CPanel.

The second thing you wanna do, will need a Serverside Programming Language like PHP, JSP, ASP or the likes. It needs a level of knowledge of programming, although the interface (Form GUI) will be done using dreamweaver.

Like your dropdown box and the likes. But making it work will require Programming!
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by Borat1: 11:18pm On May 28, 2010
c++:

Waiting. . . .

c++:

Waiting. . . .

[size=20pt]Why making double posts? [/size] tongue
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by canachy(m): 8:47am On May 29, 2010
Donpuzo:

Look, this is one of the many reasons why i hate developers who teach people or encourage people to learn development of sites with DW,
U don't have to.

Donpuzo:

It sucks, hope no developer feel offended, but i feel one should be able to decifere the difference between what DW can do and what is obtainable with some other technologies,

Advanced DW users can achieve everything u can achieve with your so called "other technologies"

Donpuzo:

@Poster. Both of the things you mentioned are only obtained off DW. What i mean is that you need to make use of some other stuffs.

BIG  LIE!!!

Donpuzo:

The second thing you wanna do, will need a Serverside Programming Language like PHP, JSP, ASP or the likes. It needs a level of knowledge of programming, although the interface (Form GUI) will be done using dreamweaver. Like your dropdown box and the likes. But making it work will require Programming!

Who told you DW does not handle PHP, ASP, JSP? You better say what you know!
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by Obanimoh(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2010
Donpuzo is rigth. Login to your hosting control panel and and click "Mail Account" to create as many email as possible depending on your hosting package.

Meanwhile, as a beginner don't consider serverside programming languages because you may get stocked.
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by c7(m): 4:57pm On May 29, 2010
Hmm. . .
hibernating. . .
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by schneid: 6:01pm On May 29, 2010
why are yuo guys hitting at urself. na waoh. just to respond to simple question.

ANYWAY my guy, you can simply create the email account from the control panel. as for the form using dreamweaver, u still need some script as suggested but if u really want to do something fast and your clients won't have to really bother, about the way they receive the email(SEBI NA TO RECEIVE INFO!), you can create a free form template using www.123contactform.com. when creating the form, direct the receiving email id to the one you created in the control panel. it works. all data will be received in the email. -PRONTO!
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by Borat1: 6:27pm On May 29, 2010
**why do people launch scathing attacks on dreamweaver, but go behind to use it?**  tongue tongue
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by nikky5(m): 7:08pm On May 29, 2010
Thank you guys for all your contributions.May the good Lord bless you.
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by c7(m): 7:14pm On May 29, 2010
@~Borat~
lol. . .
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 29, 2010
@Borat. Lol, I don't even know how to use DW

@Canachy. I no fit waste time with you.

Ok. lets be factual, when you want to code PHP, ASP or JSP, is it with the design view or the code area you will include it.

When i meant other technologies i meant languages! and not something i invented!

DW, Front page and all such software generate code for the Layout or GUI. When you need to do serious coding, i wonder if DW can do that.

Now how do you want to set up a mail for a website with DW. or how do you want to code a Contact for to hit somewhere using only DW. Yet you say i am telling a lie.

Honestly that's why i hate Nland's webmasters area. I am off!

Guess you are looking for a web developer to waste time with arguing pointlessly.
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by DualCore1: 9:58pm On May 29, 2010
Make una leave DW alone oooooo, it is making me work faster here and i dey dance  tongue. Check my screenshot and see how many files i have created and i'm working on.

Now imagine moving around all those files with my former pal NP++. Its the reason I really couldnt work well without 2 monitors while using NP++

I dunno what the design view of DW really looks like though :-p
Havnt checked that part out since I got this CS5

DW is only a tool. Its as flexible as a drop dead gorgeous babe. The reaction she will give me (as a fine boy that i think i am) will be different from the reaction that she will give you (as an ugly boy that i know you are)  grin Now we know that was a joke, right? Why the squeezed face?  tongue
All i'm saying is, leave the tool alone and face the solution.

Very soon una go soon start to treat jQuery they way una dey treat DW. Over the past few days I've been talking with one nl oga (not dhtml, not omni, not tellin u his name). He can work with pure javascript (which i cant do without ending up with migraines) and doesn't fancy jQuery. So whenever he tells me what he's up to in a project he's working on which involves pure javascript. I give him the jQuery equivalent which is ofcourse shorter and easier. But he says he wants full control of his javascript so he doesnt fancy jquery. I'm not bothered though cuz he is pretty stunning with pure JS. His name is  lipsrsealed

Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 29, 2010
@Dual, I see,

But help the poster out of hiis fix and say your opinion instead of derailing treads, Abi u don turn to my friend,

You know who i mean! lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by DualCore1: 10:51pm On May 29, 2010
I should provide what other solution? The things above me aint solution enough? Oya come and pay me for solution naw. How do u wonno be charged? Per second or per hour.

If you had just faced the issue at hand without facing the matter of using DW or not, there wont be any derailment in the first place.
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 29, 2010
Per seconds grin
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by DualCore1: 12:08am On May 30, 2010
LoL, you crazy.

Solution to problem 1 = yoursite.com/webmail (or whatever alias your host has chosen, as given in the welcome mail)

Solution 1 to problem 2 = create a html form and set its action to process it with a php (or any other serverside lang) file. You can choose to do validation on both server and client or on either of them.

If you wonno do some fly ish, you can leave the form "action" blank and let javascript take care of the action. You set a click() action using jQuery, for the button and do the validation before passing it to jquery's ajax() post method which takes care of posting the form to the php (or any other serverside lang) file and returns feedback to the user on successful submission. All this happening without any page refresh/reload. Having a thank_you.html file is kinda old school  grin

These solutions are what I can come up with and they work. It is left to you to implement the solution through any means possible. Sadly, I cannot offer a click this click that tutorial on Dreamweaver as I do not click this click that on Dreamweaver.
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by DualCore1: 12:53am On May 30, 2010
I have provided a solution that has been held down by our friend the bot. If it gets cleared, it will be shown.
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by Nobody: 9:36am On May 30, 2010
Nice idea, What if Javascript is Turned off, Is there a way to check that and fall on an alternative way,

What i do is, i don't display a Thank You page again, the page that has the engine for validation, I mean the .php page,

Below, after the action, i just pass a variable that if it is succesful, It should say, Thank you,

But if it's php i use, i simple show a page with the same Header ad footer.

And use <<<print this (Here i will have the full site header and footer with the message showing thanks for submition)print;,

And surely na the same page grin
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by DualCore1: 10:56am On May 30, 2010
That's neat.

If javascript is turned off it won't work! Lol this is my personal opinion, if someone is archaic enough not to have javascript turned on in this age and time (year check: 2010) for whatever reasons best known to him/her, my jobs are not for him/her. Na my personal thinking o, not imposing it on anyone. I have left the days of catering to non javascript surfers but i still put them in my prayers though that they have JS turned on one day. Until then, all they can get if they access any of my recent jobs, is a suggestion that they get real with trend and get a javascript enabled browser.  tongue
If I keep catering to people that dont want to upgrade their user experience, I wont move forward, I will be stuck with them in 1997.
Re: How Do I Create Web Email In Dreamweaver? by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 30, 2010
Dual Core:

Na my personal thinking o, not imposing it on anyone. I have left the days of catering to non javascript surfers but i still put them in my prayers though that they have JS turned on one day.

If I keep catering to people that dont want to upgrade their user experience, I wont move forward, I will be stuck with them in 1997.

Funny Guy, No be small prayer point!

(1) (Reply)

How To Integrate Sms To A Online Registration Form (php, Html, Aspx Etc) / Valentine Web Promo / Can I Receive Paypal Payments In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.