Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh (14625 Views)

Saraki Shouldn't Invite Trouble For Himself Because Of Greed - Tony Momoh / Tony Momoh: "Yoruba Leaders Are A Disgrace" / How Obasanjo, Nuhu Ribadu, Ezekwesili Destroyed Nigeria’s Democracy – Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by nairavsdollars(f): 6:43am On May 31, 2018
Prince Tony Momoh, a former Minister of Information and Pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Governing Council of the University of Jos (UNIJOS), is one of the national leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). In this interview, he spoke with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI in Abuja on the three years of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration and other issues. Excerpts:

President Buhari on Tuesday May 29 marked three years in office as president. He was elected on a four-year mandate which will elapse in 2019. Do you think three years is enough to assess his performance?

Even one day is enough. But one thing people should know is that three or four years is not enough in total consideration of your efforts to assess what you can do in any polity. But even if you spend one day, it is enough depending on which areas you are looking at. If you are looking at the area of tenure, one day tenure means you are there for one day. In one day, the person may just had breakfast or dinner or held a few meetings with security people .

There is impression that the South East and South South are predominantly PDP states and that no matter what Buhari does, he cannot win in these states. What is your perspective on that?

Let us watch! The taste of the pudding will be in the eating when the results come out. Buhari in the last three years has done a lot for these two regions despite the fact that they didn’t vote for him in 2015. He has done the East-West road. In the South East now, I saw the Minister of State for Agriculture commissioning these erosion sites in Aba, Abia state. He also said that about 26 erosion sites are being addressed, whether in the whole of Nigeria or the area, I don’t know but I know about when about 11 erosion sites were done. The office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation is responsible for these erosion sites all over Nigeria. The Second Niger Bridge is also being attended to and has been expanded. Also, Onitsha- Enugu road is there, the rail lines projects are also there. If all these challenges are there and for 16 years, PDP and Buhari is attending to them now, you think the Igbos are so ungrateful not to recognise that during elections? Do you think the Igbos are so greedy that they will join the ruling party for nothing? Nobody is giving them any money but they are grateful because of the attention being given to the infrastructures in the East. The South East has the highest infrastructural deficit in the country and they are being attended to by the Buhari administration. Do you think the people won’t show gratitude? So, a lot has been done. It is not all negative as some people are portraying the situation. I watched a television programme this morning where people are referring to negative things and are not even kind enough to refer to any positive thing. They were saying the president has done nothing in the last three years. There is nobody who can say Buhari has done nothing. In the North East, we have been fighting a war. The security agencies have been empowered, the economy has been diversified and all loopholes have been plugged.

At the beginning of this administration, you said Nigerians should stone APC leaders if the government fails to perform. It is three years now, do you think you have been vindicated?

Yes, we are not stoned because we are doing well. If we are not doing well, won’t Nigerians be stoning us? But with the opposition, stoning will always take place. Whether you do well or not, they will always criticise. So, Nigerians who will stone us are PDP members who will not see anything good in APC. Even if we do well, they will start throwing stones. This administration has performed better than any other administration since 1999 in three years.

Why do you think Obasanjo is too critical of those who succeeded him in office unlike what obtains in the United States where you hardly see former presidents criticising the incumbents despite political differences?

Everybody have their strength. Obasanjo’s strength and abilities lie in activity. When he was in power, he worked very hard, positively or negatively, that is the outcome of analysis. But the fact is that he cannot sit down without being noticed. The area he dissipates his energy is the area of manifesting spiritual immaturity. For instance, when you refuse to praise people for doing good. I may be wrong but I am not aware of any outing of Obasanjo where he praised anybody to his own detriment. He does not know how to praise. It seems therefore that he celebrates failure. I think it is a function of spiritual maturity. Anybody who is spiritually mature will concede that every human being has a role to play and then the positive area of that role will be the point you focus on in his favour. I have never seen globally where Obasanjo celebrates the success of any other person apart from himself. I may be wrong but the fact is that if you have such a person, then that person has a spiritual problem.

Read more https://independent.ng/igbo-will-show-gratitude-to-buhari-in-2019-with-their-votes-tony-momoh/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Donald95(m): 6:46am On May 31, 2018
Is Momoh A name of a person, Animal Place or thing. Abeg make person answer me

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by abokibuhari: 6:47am On May 31, 2018
grin This momoh sabi lick ass, make him come wipe my own cause buhari own too dry

Old f00l

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by PassingShot(m): 6:47am On May 31, 2018
[s]
Donald95:
Is Momoh A name of a person, Animal Place or thing. Abeg make person answer me
[/s]
He has simply said the truth and nothing but the truth.

PMB might not win SE outrightly, but the figures he will get will surprise online warriors like you.

He is getting between 30% and 40% in the SE. Mark this post.

The over 200 monarchs who declared their support for PMB for 2019 are not Tony Momoh.
The market men and women at Ariara market who now enjoy steadier power supply as a result of new power projects are not him.
Those who use Enugu-PH road are not Tony Momoh
Those who drive on East-West road and see the work ongoing there are not Tony Momoh too.
Those seeing the 2nd Niger Bridge taking shape are not him either.

Make una wait and see wonders in 2019.

43 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Jirate(m): 6:50am On May 31, 2018
More Like Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari With Their "Stones" Come 2019, Since That Was What This Same Tony Momoh Asked them To Do If APC Fails To Delivers On Campaign Promises. grin

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by izzou(m): 6:53am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

PMB might not win SE outrightly, but the figures he will get will surprise online warriors like you.

PassingShot.

You still get this kind belief?

Buhari's victory will be strictly based on votes from the North and West. He can't get up to 30% in the east. The Anambra elections should give you a clear picture.
Buhari just have his 2015 strategy as an option :

Win the North and West. Shikena

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by PassingShot(m): 6:55am On May 31, 2018
izzou:

PassingShot.

Buhari's victory will be strictly based on votes from the North and West. He can't get up to 30% in the east. The Anambra elections should give you a clear picture.

In the Anambra election you refer to, what did APC score? Let me check it for you.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by izzou(m): 6:58am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:

In the Anambra election you refer to, what did APC score? Let me check it for you.

Remember that it wasn't Buhari that was contesting

A fellow igbo brother, just because he ran into APC, he was abandoned grin

Then imagine when Buhari need their vote. Everyone is entitled to his opinion anyway. But I see APC pulling very few votes from the East

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Donald95(m): 7:02am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

The over 200 monarchs who declared their support for PMB for 2019 are not Tony Momoh.
The market men and women at Ariara market are not him.
Those who will use Enugu-PH road are not Tony Momoh
Those who drive on East-West road and see the work ongoing there are not Tony Momoh too.

lol guy. You are still dreaming, wake up.

Do you think we respect those monarch

All those things you mentioned above, It is a living soul that will use them not the dead.

Buhari brought death to Igbo land, middle belt and other peaceful places. We ain't voting, make Una carry am the go

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Paperwhite(m): 7:03am On May 31, 2018
Ok! Till then Momoh! Sycophancy can't never get this worst because of political crumbs.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by PassingShot(m): 7:03am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:

APGA (Willy Obiano) scored 234,071 - 58%
APC (Tony Nwoye) scored 98,752 - 24%
PDP (Obaze) scored 70,293 - 17%

So, if APC in 2017, with the economic recession could manage about 25% of the votes then, I am sure they will perform better in 2019.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Nobody: 7:04am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:

That result was based on the individual not party, Tony is from Anambra he has family, friends and even sympathizers, if APC is using that as a yardstick to judge their acceptance in SE, they are in for a long ride.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by PassingShot(m): 7:04am On May 31, 2018
Donald95:

lol guy. You are still dreaming, wake up.

Do you think we respect those monarch

Enugu-PH that was started by GEJ but couldn't finish it and was voted out..
What did GEJ even finish for the Igbos that he's a darling of them? grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by PassingShot(m): 7:05am On May 31, 2018
ovadozes:

That result was based on the individual not party, Tony is from Anambra he has family, friends and even sympathizers, if APC is using that as a yardstick to judge their acceptance in SE, they are in for a long ride.
Ok, we wait and see

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Jirate(m): 7:06am On May 31, 2018
Yes, we are not stoned because we are doing well. If we are not doing well, won’t Nigerians be stoning us? But with the opposition, stoning will always take place. Whether you do well or not, they will always criticise. So, Nigerians who will stone us are PDP members who will not see anything good in APC. Even if we do well, they will start throwing stones. This administration has performed better than any other administration since 1999 in three years.

The Simple Truth Is Many, I Repeat Many Are Waiting For APC At The Polls Come 2019. They Have Their PVCs And They Will Use It To Do The Stoning, Wait And See. cool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by PassingShot(m): 7:07am On May 31, 2018
izzou:

Remember that it wasn't Buhari that was contesting

A fellow igbo brother, just because he ran into APC, he was abandoned grin

Then imagine when Buhari need their vote. Everyone is entitled to his opinion anyway. But I see APC pulling very few votes from the East
I agree. However, I believe PMB will score 25% in Imo, Enugu, and Anambra based on performance.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Nobody: 7:07am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:

Ok, we wait and see
Yeah, we wait and see

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Donald95(m): 7:08am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:

What did GEJ even finish for the Igbos that he's a darling of them? grin grin grin

GEJ was not a killer, tribal bigot

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:09am On May 31, 2018
"But even if you spend one day, it is enough depending on which areas you are looking at." - Momoh

Let us assess him even for 3 years undecided which area should we even assess him on

Nothing undecided

The 2nd Niger bridge, Fashola told us that it is 50% completed but we learnt that it has not even been contracted out and you Momoh is telling us right now that it is been LOOKED INTO undecided

This government has no achievements other than propaganda and that is the truth!

Above all no one wants a recessionist/blood sucker for a president!

We dash am all the free salaries/allowances he has and will collect for 4years.

E don do, he should go back to Daura and go and do what he was born to do, the cows needs him more!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by nairavsdollars(f): 7:10am On May 31, 2018
I concur with you on this

PassingShot:

So, if APC in 2017, with the economic recession could manage about 25% of the votes then, I am sure they will perform better in 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by izzou(m): 7:10am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:

I agree. However, I believe PMB will score 25% in Imo, Enugu, and Anambra based on performance.

Imo? Yes. They have strongholds there

Anambra? Maybe. Ngige is still a force to reckon

Enugu? Absolutely No

But 2019 will be a year of surprises though angry

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Donald95(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:

Remove IMO, Rochas himself will find it very difficult to rig his candidate. Anambra belongs to Nnamdi Kanu whom disappeared wen Buhari sent military,count Anambra off, Enugu is a place full of educated people, they have nothing to do with a stack illiterate

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Kingsley1000(m): 7:24am On May 31, 2018
BUHARI WILL ONLY WIN SW60%,SE/SS25%,NC50%,NE60%,NW75%

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by IsaAbubakar: 8:01am On May 31, 2018
[s]
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

The market men and women at Ariara market who now enjoy steadier power supply as a result of new power projects are not him.
Those who use Enugu-PH road are not Tony Momoh

[/s]
trash trash trash
Buhari will not get up to 10000 votes
you know this
i know this
we know this
Stop decieving yourself

Buhari belongs to the hangman in Hague
any Muslim supporting buhari is an extremist and a pro terrorist
kiss the truth
asalamualykum bro

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by IsaAbubakar: 8:02am On May 31, 2018
[s]
Kingsley1000:
BUHARI WILL ONLY WIN SW60%,SE/SS25%,NC50%,NE60%,NW75%
[/s]
Stop talking Nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by IsaAbubakar: 8:04am On May 31, 2018
[s]
izzou:

Imo? Yes. They have strongholds there

Anambra? Maybe. Ngige is still a force to reckon

Enugu? Absolutely No

But 2019 will be a year of surprises though angry
[/s]
ngige who? force to reckon that lost woefully
imo wetin?
Buhari will never be Nigeria president beyond 2019
mark my words
cc
passingshot CilicMarin madridguy sarrki grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by IsaAbubakar: 8:06am On May 31, 2018
[s]
PassingShot:

[/s]
Stop supporting terrorism always passingshot
change your ways
you're a religion bigot
be like me
i am a Muslim but I don't support Buhari
no sane Muslim will support a terrorist like Buhari
Islam is not extremism
Islam does not support evil
Buhari is a terrorist
kiss the truth

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by IsaAbubakar: 8:07am On May 31, 2018
[s]
PassingShot:

[/s]
more trash from a body language analyser
how far Buhari's body language grin
Buhari is a criminal
my name is sheik Isa Abubakar Usman from Kebbi
i speak the truth

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by e7ejinima: 8:29am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:

The reverse of above ratios will be adverse in the general election.

Write down the following:

APGA - 3%
APC - 11%
PDP - 84%
Others - 2%

That's your presidential election

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by nairavsdollars(f): 8:50am On May 31, 2018
Hmmm. Are u sure?

IsaAbubakar:
[s][/s]
more trash from a body language analyser
how far Buhari's body language grin
Buhari is a criminal
my name is sheik Isa Abubakar Usman from Kebbi
i speak the truth

1 Like

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Cooly100: 8:55am On May 31, 2018
"...The South East has the highest infrastructural deficit in the country and they are being attended to by the Buhari administration.." Tony Momoh

Our MURIC brothers from the West will not agree with the above statement, that the SE has the highest infrastructural deficit in the country. They have always said that all regions are equally marginalized and that the Igbos are just greedy to want everything.

These people are wicked and genuinely unbelievable.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh by Donclaracuzo: 9:12am On May 31, 2018
My brother, you are too kind to offer %30 to Buhari. He is getting less than the %5 he got the last time. Ndi Igbo are not gullible and they know what they want.

izzou:

PassingShot.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-governor, 3 Gubernatorial Aspirants Defect From PDP To APC Read More / COVID 19: Senate Adjourns For Two Weeks As Reps Suspend Plenary Indefinitely / Ohanaeze, Afenifere, ACF Disagree Over Civilian JTF’s Recruitment Into Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.