Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,463 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents (14210 Views)

Some Senators Are Planning To Impeach Buhari – Sen. Kwankwaso / PDP Senators Are COWARD / Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by adconline(m): 11:03am On May 29, 2010
We are revolting on NL, do yourself a favour, just step into NASS complex and you will be amazed by the type of cars these Thiefnators and Thiefratives are driving. They have dedicated elevators and wifi access as fast the speed of light, but NEPA is not their friend.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by samcc30(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2010
t
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Bsideboy(m): 11:20am On May 29, 2010
this is too much, we just keep talking and nothing seems to be happening, we will have to pick up weapons some days and fight, how can one idiot be collecting a 100 million as allowance and then civil servants are been paid 15 thousand naira not only that staff are been demoted to casual staff to be paid 5k, what a shame this is horrendous and enough is enough, we got to chase dem bad bad people away. lets get involved, let us rescue naija.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Kayflexy1(f): 11:39am On May 29, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

ABEG O! NA HOW MUCH PRESIDENT GO COME DEY COLLECT?
D IDIOTS DO NOT HAVE N.G.Os WHATSOEVER FOR THE POOR O!

THEY JUST KEEP, TOO ANGRY 2 COMMENT SEF
ANI OLOSHI NI GBOGBO WON SE,KO DE NII RAGBA FUN AWON OLE TO N DA ILU YI LAAMU

AWON MORRRAFOKAS, Msheeeeew!!!
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by monkeyleg: 11:48am On May 29, 2010
Well, for all the shouting we do on NL, we need to transform noise making to actions. These guys are stealing us dry, and I be you we still have people on here that will defend them.

Look at Ibori,his enjoying massive support from some people on this forum. And that is the reason i am convinced we have a Nigeria we all deserve. If you do nothing, people will take advantage and fhuk you from all corners. Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by monkeyleg: 11:48am On May 29, 2010
Well, for all the shouting we do on NL, we need to transform noise making to actions. These guys are stealing us dry, and I be you we still have people on here that will defend them.

Look at Ibori,his enjoying massive support from some people on this forum. And that is the reason i am convinced we have a Nigeria we all deserve. If you do nothing, people will take advantage and fhuk you from all corners. Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by kabarka(m): 12:36pm On May 29, 2010
@monkeyleg,
i agree with you completely.Because our present condition is as a result of our past decisions.
If we need a change,we do sth diff starting with ELECTORAL REFORM.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:38pm On May 29, 2010
What is the solution? I am sure 90% of Nairalanders will say "Let us go and talk to them maybe they will stop being immoral and corrupt" lipsrsealed Trust Nigerians, the solution to every problem is not far from Talk, Pray and Kiss-ars.e grin
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by 190: 12:45pm On May 29, 2010
adconline:

We are revolting on NL, do yourself a favour, [size=20pt]just step into NASS complex and you will be amazed  by the type of cars these Thiefnators and Thiefratives are driving. [/size]They  have dedicated elevators and wifi access as fast the speed of light, but NEPA is not their friend.
i see them everyday,
S-CLASS
CLS500,
GL-CLASS
RANGE ROVER SPORTS HSE
ALL SORTS OF MERCEDES, C-CLASS
LEXUS JEEPS
ALL THE LATEST PEUGEOT

JUST 2 NAME A FEW,
IF U CANT BEAT DEM,ARRANGE FOR THEM 2 B BEATEN
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by bioye(m): 12:48pm On May 29, 2010
Dimeji Bankole is NOT a Senator. Please correct the link on the home page to Obama Earns N60m - Speaker Bankole Earns N400m
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by redsun(m): 12:53pm On May 29, 2010
Nigerian police officers deserve to get more money than those thieving and perverted comedians called senators.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by doctorbabs(m): 1:00pm On May 29, 2010
how do we want to stop corruption in this country, no way! we are just wasting our time and money on the crusade in as much as people who suppose to be our servant now turn that place for avenue for them to enrich themselves. if Bankole happened to be a civil servant and worked for 200years, he can never realized such a huge amount. we just started everybody we look for every avenue to make money in this country unless we make that place less attractive. this country is set for doomed
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by adconline(m): 1:28pm On May 29, 2010
tomorrow someone would wake up and say that Dr James Watson's assertion that blacks have lower IQ is wrong.  Richest Nigerians are those who have amassed public wealth.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by paddylo1(m): 1:40pm On May 29, 2010
who is the retard that started this thread. .Bank - OLE is not a senator ok. .
Hes in the House of Reps. . and i support paying them well

as long as they dont steal from us after that. . .its better to pay politicians well

And yea am on my way to the House of reps so. . u'all can suck on it
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by bigdoo: 1:47pm On May 29, 2010
Nigeria needs to replicate what Rawlings did in Ghana if we are serious about getting ourselves out of our present predicament. Unless all the looters of government treasury are rounded up and killed, this country will only continue to go down. The looters have become so comfortable with luxurious lifestyle and the fact that they go scotch free with their booty. They buy private jets, build mansions, buy houses overseas worth millions and billions of dollars and pave the way for their children and grandchildren to become future rulers of Nigeria. They buy bullet proof cars and provide themselves with adequate security so that nobody can reach them and their families. They have high jacked the entire system like a cabal or kind of Nigerian mafia. They have become so pompous because they feel that nobody can challenge them in a system where money is everything.

I will not be surprised that when Nigerian politicians feel that they have become too unpopular with the Nigerian populace and if there is enormous pressure or serious threat by the masses, the politicians can will out power to the military and allow them to take their own turn in looting our money for a period of time. And when the masses start crying out once again for democracy and protesting about the military, then in a similar compensatory gesture the military will hand over power to the politicians once again. By then the nation would have been taken over 70 years backward. Laconically, Nigeria will continue to go round in a viscous circle of poverty and self destruction unless something very drastic is done now. Nigerian leaders (civilian or military) have no plans of making Nigeria to become a better place for everybody because there is nothing for them to benefit in doing so. The masses need to device a way of salvaging themselves.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by kshow1(m): 1:49pm On May 29, 2010
This is one of the reason why the country is a failed nation.

ALL WE NEED IS A REVOLUTION TO SANITIZE THE SYSTEM.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by AlhajiBako: 2:29pm On May 29, 2010
PDP can not win any state in nigeria, expect by rigging.

Show us. for 12 years what the PDP have done in the nigeria. ,  zeroo. why should the nigeria vote for PDP.
After 12 years, the people of nIgeria are feedup with PDP. Even polls shows 75% of nigerian do not want the PDP to return back into government. 

75% of nigerian do not want the PDP back to power. After 12 years of the PDP have not done anything for nigerian.
Most nigerian score the PDP zero in the poll.

Electricity PDP score zero
Education PDP score Zero
Road PDP score zero.
Health PDP score zero
Transportation PDP score zero
Food and agric PDP score zero
Steal government fund PDP score 100%

The poll also shows most nigerian are counting on the labour party to win 2011 election.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by kayc33(m): 2:55pm On May 29, 2010
thieves  angry
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by kabarka(m): 3:12pm On May 29, 2010
Noo, oh,arrogant and shameless thieves wit dark and dead concience.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 29, 2010
i have stopped thinking of all this lawlessness and looting going on in this country because corruption has come to stay. if i were in that position i'll do worse because i don suffer no be small , upon say i get sense.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by kildran: 4:10pm On May 29, 2010
@Ezeuche

You are quick to point at the speck in another's eye, whilst a log covers your. May I humbly point put it to you that people don't create sentences they make them.
What are you studying? What education do you have? Where have you worked? Mr. Eze please show decorum by keeping quiet. You will be stunned by what some of us on this forum have done.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by EzeUche(m): 4:19pm On May 29, 2010
kildran:

@Ezeuche

You are quick to point at the speck in another's eye, whilst a log covers your. May I humbly point put it to you that people don't create sentences they make them.
What are you studying? What education do you have? Where have you worked? Mr. Eze please show decorum by keeping quiet. You will be stunned by what some of us on this forum have done.

You must be a Yoruba as well, because you skipped what was said to me and zero in on my comment which was a response to an attack on my intelligence. Hush up if you have nothing else to provide on this thread. I was simply responding to someones attack on me.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by kildran: 4:23pm On May 29, 2010
@Ezeuche
I am a Nigerian, I have no issues to this argument. I just didn't like the fact that you seemed a little arrogant. This a forum where we can freely express our opinions, if you keep insulting people based on their poor education you rid them of what may be their only outlet. I just want us to address issues, as up and coming Nigerians, and not make anyone feel inferior. Can we do that
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by EzeUche(m): 4:27pm On May 29, 2010
kildran,

Ok, let me reiterate this so this can get through your thick head, my response was directed at someone who insulted my intelligence you dunce. How hard is it for you to understand? Are you blind? Did you see the post that were directed to me? Did you have a problem with those responses? Or did your tribal lens zero in on my Igbo identity, so you had to attack me?

Stop the hypocrisy, if you are not going to state that the others I was arguing with were wrong, then you need to shut up, because you have nothing to add, because I will deal with you as well.

I hate posters who make asinine statements. I really do. Sometimes I play around, but when someone wishes to attack my intelligence, then I will show you the true errors of your ways.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by kildran: 4:34pm On May 29, 2010
@Ezeuche
Two wrongs never make a right, you seem to have adequately addressed those people using caustic remarks and cuzz words. I am trying to be civil with you and you are calling me a dunce, that does not potray you as an even mannered gentry. I am not going to stoop and insult you, you seem to have a case of misdirected aggression.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by EzeUche(m): 4:39pm On May 29, 2010
kildran,

Save your passive aggressive responses for someone else. I am not going to tolerate such insubordination from a biased poster. Yes, you are a dunce. You should be happy I did not use such harsher words. The word lacks in its intensity compared to a cuss word, but for a somewhat intelligent poster, the point can be still made.

I do not compare myself to the so called Nigerian "gentry." I am a part of the petty bourgeois social class in both the United States and Nigeria.

However, you are not even discussing the topic, but making it a personal issue. Stick to the facts or move on.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by kildran: 4:51pm On May 29, 2010
@Ezeuche
EzeUche:

kildran,

Save your passive aggressive responses for someone else. I am not going to tolerate such insubordination from a biased poster. Yes, you are a dunce. You should be happy I did not use such harsher words. The word lacks in its intensity compared to a cuss word, but for a somewhat intelligent poster, the point can be still made.

I do not compare myself to the so called Nigerian "gentry." I am a part of the petty bourgeois social class in both the United States and Nigeria.

However, you are not even discussing the topic, but making it a personal issue. Stick to the facts or move on.

Friend, you just insulted yourself with that word. Anyways its all good, all in a day's laugh. I totally agree with your postts on this thread. However I do not think your manner is appropriate. Anyways we are good. I gtg my Igbo babe is around, I don't have to upset her.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by dgr8truth(m): 6:34pm On May 29, 2010
I get sick every day when i hear of the huge sum of money politicians corner to themselves. I am afriad of reading the news papers because of the news of political scam. I get tired of people waiting for God to and help. Is't to hard to start a revolution in this country. Why are we so religious. These bloodly politicians need jungle justic to curb their excesses.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 29, 2010
paddy_lo:

who is the retard that started this thread. .Bank - OLE is not a senator ok. .
Hes in the House of Reps. . and i support paying them well

as long as they dont steal from us after that. . .its better to pay politicians well

And yea am on my way to the House of reps so. . u'all can suck on it

Are you serious about that?
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by redsun(m): 7:08pm On May 29, 2010
Honestly in nigeria the people that contributes more to the nation building are the least less regarded and rewarded.Market women and local farmers are more resourceful and more productive than the so-called senator aka law breakers,all they do is break the law of the land and loot the nation's coffer dry.
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by SEFAGO(m): 7:18pm On May 29, 2010
petty bourgeois social class

kini ele yi?

Just say you are middle class lol. Middle class does not mean much in naija or the US. It just means u dey struggle for survival grin
Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 29, 2010
SEFAGO:

kini ele yi?

Just say you are middle class lol. Middle class does not mean much in naija or the US. It just means u dey struggle for survival grin
So bleeping true mehn. It pays more to be poor than to be middle class.
Poor ppl get everything free. . . . middle class, no matter how many kids you have, how much bills you gotta pay, school loans etc, as long as u get that paycheck. . . . them no care. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dasuki Lied, Shunned Arms Probe Panel’s Invitation –presidency / Nigeria's Current Leadership Has Lost Focus, Vision - IBB / Governor Ortom Suspends 6 APC LG Chairmen In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.