Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) (37447 Views)

Body Of A Girl Found Floating In Katsina River (Graphic Photos) / Blindfolded Corpse With Hands Tied Found Floating In Ilorin River / Woman’s Corpse Found Floating In A River In Okrika, Rivers State (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:05am On May 31, 2018
Hahahaha.
Fish turn human.
The lord is marvelous in his works.
Is the latest creature still alive?
Someone should pinch it n check
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:05am On May 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

God forbid that NwaAmaikpe ever becomes food for fish.

Y are u this funny. Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:06am On May 31, 2018
iyatrustee:

I dey tell you! I watch those 2 channels all the time and wish we had just half their investigative and forensic prowess.

Sadly, this death can never be solved. just another samuel doe sad
Just the same way I feel sis.
That is the station I watch most times in my spare hours.
Our country still have a very long way to go.
I pray we get there someday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:07am On May 31, 2018
Horlufemi:

You can start
No, I make barbecue, not a detective.

.....but maybe you can start.
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by Pusyiter(m): 10:11am On May 31, 2018
You no go use laff kill person
Donald95:
No one has called the authorities to recover the dead body out of fear of the policemen.

Only in the zoo, you will report a case to police and then become suspect.
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by clusay(m): 10:13am On May 31, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]e for make sense to know who dis is in us. But in naija. D aboki dat give birth of record wunt allow such system
post=68040181:
Oh noooooo..

It is this kinda time I love the detectives on ID/CI cable channel.

Unfortunately, nothing like that in my dear country!

*singing a song by Baba 70*.......Na so e go so, odigbere niyen!
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by oluwaahmed: 10:14am On May 31, 2018
Too bad. Olaniyi.
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by babatee1985(m): 10:20am On May 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But you will become food for maggots. I wish you long life anyway.
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by LosVikingos: 10:20am On May 31, 2018
Wisdomkosi:
By Wisdom Nwedene

A very disturbing report reaching 9news Nigeria has it that an unidentified dead body was seen floating in the water in Lagos State, Nigeria.

According to an eyewitness who shared the pictures with our correspondent,
“The dead Body was seen floating in the water in Lagos where the ships are dock. No one has called the authorities to recover the dead body out of fear of the policemen.

The relevant authorities should please check Lagos island and recover the dead body. See photos below.
More Details soon…

Source : https://9newsng.com/dead-body-floating-in-the-water-in-lagos-nigeriaphotos/

Just Imagine the bolded cry

See what this country metamorphosed to.
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by LosVikingos: 10:20am On May 31, 2018
Wisdomkosi:
By Wisdom Nwedene

A very disturbing report reaching 9news Nigeria has it that an unidentified dead body was seen floating in the water in Lagos State, Nigeria.

According to an eyewitness who shared the pictures with our correspondent,
“The dead Body was seen floating in the water in Lagos where the ships are dock. No one has called the authorities to recover the dead body out of fear of the policemen.

The relevant authorities should please check Lagos island and recover the dead body. See photos below.
More Details soon…

Source : https://9newsng.com/dead-body-floating-in-the-water-in-lagos-nigeriaphotos/

Just Imagine the bolded cry

See what this country metamorphosed to.
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by stasius: 10:24am On May 31, 2018
Murdered and thrown into the water.
Chai! It's a pity. May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by educhigo: 10:41am On May 31, 2018
oba akiolu you see what you cost you have fill you treat about lagun , r.i.p
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by ChuxMyk(m): 10:45am On May 31, 2018
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending. anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion. And also, considering that there might be a third view from the initial stand point. I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by Stanlo81: 10:45am On May 31, 2018
God help us..
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:55am On May 31, 2018
CRIME WRITER VIEW

CRIME SCENE

not much can be known right here until the body is taken out from the sea but there are two possible theories , the sea could either be a dumping ground where the crime of murder was committed somewhere else and the. the body dumped in the sea which unfortunately I dont believe right now owing to the lack of security and the count less plausible dumping grounds in Lagos (including the road sides) meaning you don't have to stress yourself to hide a murder or there is also the case of a murder around the riverine areas which connect to other river channels so if this is the case this deceased victim may not even be from around those parts or my obvious conclusion owing to lack of more vital evidence at the moment ,this may be a possible drowning/suicide

VICTIM

I would call for more photos to determine the actual cause of this death but for what I can give right now the absence of obvious injuries on the body , the presence of clothes still on the victim which still seem clean and okay , they are aren't torn or disturbed ,this only suggest it may not be a murder , the victim is a full able bodied man I bet this guy would need to put up a fight if he was going to be attacked or killed somehow , he is bound by the hands or legs or even a bloody body part to initiate a stab or hacked death theory.

PLAUSIBLE CONCLUSION

Here is my conclusion I believe with the little evidence here that this guy died by drowning either accidentally or by forceful means with the rate of crimes spree and the zeal for soon to be apprehended criminals trying to escape arrest by jumping into canals and so on , I may not be surprised if this guy tried escaping from something or someone or some people by plunging into the river and hence his death.

WHAT THE POLICE NEED TO DO

get the body out and launch a full autopsy report to determine cause of death , put the news out of the victim with his face on , let's see if someone can identify him , get a map locate channels that lead to the river and continue the investigation, someone knows something ,they just have to find out who he is first.

MAY THE SOUL OF THE DECEASED REST IN PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by olaoluwasaola(m): 10:57am On May 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

NwaAmaikpe Look-alike tho.....
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:59am On May 31, 2018
clusay:
[color=#990000][/color]e for make sense to know who dis is in us. But in naija. D aboki dat give birth of record wunt allow such system

there are detectives oga sir in the country and believe there are DNA and cyber security investigators around , there operations are limited that's the thing.
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by Dimejimichael(m): 11:04am On May 31, 2018
may is soul rest in perfect peace

2month old Infinix Note4 Pro for sale at a give away price. 55k
Serious buyer should whatsapp 08173059734
Buyer should reside within Lagos or Ogun State

Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by oladele00(m): 11:14am On May 31, 2018
He killed himself due to bubu's politics
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by idesylvester(m): 12:05pm On May 31, 2018
which God? my own God is not gay
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by gaby(m): 12:12pm On May 31, 2018
iyatrustee:

I dey tell you! I watch those 2 channels all the time and wish we had just half their investigative and forensic prowess.

Sadly, this death can never be solved. just another samuel John doe sad

grin grin
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by omoharry(f): 12:23pm On May 31, 2018
gonkin:

Thats why most hit and run victims die. Cuz when u help they accuse you.
A bike man was hit by an unknown car and fled the scene another man driving say the man lying there still alive, he took the man to the hospital where he eventually died. The families of the man accused the good Samaritan of hitting the victim and asked him to fund the burial. So its not only the police, its all of Nigeria.

Another case is an accident victim was pull out of his car struggling for life and people were just standing there looking at him. A man that's a qualified first aid came to give him first aid then from no where he heard a voice speaking "if the man die na u we go hold" on hearing that he took his first aid kit and left. So u see its all of Nigeria. We have no good detectives. Even the police is shoot first and lie later. Normally you have no right to shoot an unarmed man. But naija once they see u with dada, na shoot.
Well Nigeria police has made so many good people to lose their sense of humanity..However,that should not stop us from lending a helping hand to those that are in dire need of it, especially in accident situation.

Some years back, I and my sister helped a young man along the Ajah express way ..he was knocked down by a vehicle and left for dead by the side of the road;this was the cause of the traffic we experiencing because cars in front had to slow down to take the side so as not to run over him...it was quite dark as the incident might have happened at about 5.30-6:00 AM and only means of light was the one coming from the vehicles..so one could he imagine the danger that young man was at that point in time.

While we and other cars were passing bye the corner and shaking their head over the unfortunate young man that was lying almost lifeless in his pool of blood, I am my sister decided to take the risk to see if we could be of help..because the place he was positioned he could easily be run over again by a bigger car so we reversed our car back to where he was lying face down with on-lookers and other waking away..we appealed to some of the guys around to help him up, some guys were able to lift him up into our car ..he was bleeding from his head very badly and I feared the worse would happened . we rush him to the nearest hospital around V.I before...we were able to check his phone to contact his family and friends. We kept contact with is brother and we were informed that he has been stabilized is being relocated to LUTH where he stayed for three months.

I never believed he would make it because of the state he was when he was rushed to the hospital.Six month later he contacted us to thank us for what we did..he also visited us too and we were very happy for him...you need to see a ever smiling face different from the blood soaked man we picked up from the road.He would call at least once every month after that day to thank us and show his gratitude for saving his Life until we appeal to him that it is ok.

I am very proud of what I and my sister did on that day..I remember my friends warning me not to ever try that again because of the trouble i might run into if the person dies..but would i have been at peace if i knew i was in a position to help someone but decided to pass bye because of the fear of our seek police force and false accusation that might be levied on our head. So irrespective of the challenges that we might encounter in the process of saving life it should not deter us from giving helping hand if we are ever in a position to do so.because it might be you down there tomorrow and you would so much be praying for a guardian angel to come to the rescue.

2 Likes

Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by ClassyJay(m): 12:24pm On May 31, 2018
post=68040181:
Oh noooooo..

It is this kinda time I love the detectives on ID/CI cable channel.

Unfortunately, nothing like that in my dear country!

*singing a song by Baba 70*.......Na so e go so, odigbere niyen!
pls which channel is ID
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by omoharry(f): 12:29pm On May 31, 2018
ClassyJay:
pls which channel is ID
170& 171
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by gonkin(m): 1:19pm On May 31, 2018
omoharry:
Well Nigeria police has made so many good people to lose their sense of humanity..However,that should not stop us from lending a helping hand to those that are in dire need of it, especially in accident situation.

Some years back, I and my sister helped a young man along the Ajah express way ..he was knocked down by a vehicle and left for dead by the side of the road;this was the cause of the traffic we experiencing because cars in front had to slow down to take the side so as not to run over him...it was quite dark as the incident might have happened at about 5.30-6:00 AM and only means of light was the one coming from the vehicles..so one could he imagine the danger that young man was at that point in time.

While we and other cars were passing bye the corner and shaking their head over the unfortunate young man that was lying almost lifeless in his pool of blood, I am my sister decided to take the risk to see if we could be of help..because the place he was positioned he could easily be run over again by a bigger car so we reversed our car back to where he was lying face down with on-lookers and other waking away..we appealed to some of the guys around to help him up, some guys were able to lift him up into our car ..he was bleeding from his head very badly and I feared the worse would happened . we rush him to the nearest hospital around V.I before...we were able to check his phone to contact his family and friends. We kept contact with is brother and we were informed that he has been stabilized is being relocated to LUTH where he stayed for three months.

I never believed he would make it because of the state he was when he was rushed to the hospital.Six month later he contacted us to thank us for what we did..he also visited us too and we were very happy for him...you need to see a ever smiling face different from the blood soaked man we picked up from the road.He would call at least once every month after that day to thank us and show his gratitude for saving his Life until we appeal to him that it is ok.

I am very proud of what I and my sister did on that day..I remember my friends warning me not to ever try that again because of the trouble i might run into if the person dies..but would i have been at peace if i knew i was in a position to help someone but decided to pass bye because of the fear of our seek police force and false accusation that might be levied on our head. So irrespective of the challenges that we might encounter in the process of saving life it should not deter us from giving helping hand if we are ever in a position to do so.because it might be you down there tomorrow and you would so much be praying for a guardian angel to come to the rescue.

Thats the way to go, maybe if they put law that good Samaritans would be rewarded life would be much better as long as people dont use it as an opportunity to make money cuz nigerians are crazy about money

1 Like

Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by Sinof(m): 1:33pm On May 31, 2018
iyatrustee:

Sadly, this death can never be solved. just another samuel doe sad
John Doe, Richard Roe Or Jane Doe For Females
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by Horlufemi(m): 2:26pm On May 31, 2018
post=68044174:

No, I make barbecue, not a detective.

.....but maybe you can start.

We need to go to war, y'all go ahead, I'll be making barbeque.

That's how your sound.
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by iyatrustee(f): 3:21pm On May 31, 2018
Sinof:
John Doe, Richard Roe Or Jane Doe For Females

Ooops! shocked Thanks, me sha know say something Doe ni cheesy

Seems Samuel Doe na one African country leader name? embarassed
gaby:

grin grin

tongue
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by gaby(m): 3:43pm On May 31, 2018
iyatrustee:

Ooops! shocked Thanks, me sha know say something Doe ni cheesy

Seems Samuel Doe na one African country leader name? embarassed

tongue

Yup..Late Samuel Doe of Liberia
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:15pm On May 31, 2018
ClassyJay:
pls which channel is ID
I watch it on Xfinity in the country I am, and it is on channel 713 here.
I don't know what channel it is on DSTV in Naija.
But I think Google may help bro.
Re: Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:41pm On May 31, 2018
gonkin:

Thats why most hit and run victims die. Cuz when u help they accuse you.
A bike man was hit by an unknown car and fled the scene another man driving say the man lying there still alive, he took the man to the hospital where he eventually died. The families of the man accused the good Samaritan of hitting the victim and asked him to fund the burial. So its not only the police, its all of Nigeria.

Another case is an accident victim was pull out of his car struggling for life and people were just standing there looking at him. A man that's a qualified first aid came to give him first aid then from no where he heard a voice speaking "if the man die na u we go hold" on hearing that he took his first aid kit and left. So u see its all of Nigeria. We have no good detectives. Even the police is shoot first and lie later. Normally you have no righ to shoot an unarmed man. But naija once they see u with dada, na shoot.

Until we fix the system this will continue to occur sadly. In every civilized country there is a system that checks every one and make sure the law and due processes are followed and wrong actions dealt with according to how the system provides. Law enforcement can not act against the system. However here its a jungle

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policemen Treat Us Like Their Atms – Lagos Sex Workers / My Brother Has Been Found !!!!! / "Oga What's My Offense" — Boy Cries As SARS Officers Harass Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.