Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG (12822 Views)

MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway / Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works / 11 Very Useful Car Accessories You Need When Traveling This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 2:40am On Sep 12, 2020
Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by Miyo190: 3:02am On Sep 12, 2020
radautoworks:
Expires September 30, 2020

Hello Aunty Radu, I have been planning on carying out a diagonsis on my corolla for a while now. can i just come to your workshop and carry it out this period.
Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 4:34am On Sep 12, 2020
Miyo190:

Hello Aunty Radu, I have been planning on carying out a diagonsis on my corolla for a while now. can i just come to your workshop and carry it out this period.
of course, just set an appointment using any of the contracts below and mention the coupon
Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
NEW STOCK

Been getting a lot of questions about fuel treatments and octane boosters lately. We have MANY in stock. This is some of the lastest addition of fluid treatments, boosters and sealants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Pr9Hs4GoA

Last pictures, I thought you might like to see inside the Florida distribution center. Each Carquest/Advance distribution center carries $20-40 MILLION in parts at any given time.

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 4:49am On Sep 25, 2020
Looking for cars that LAST?

Forbes compiled a list of cars that regularly clock over 200,000 miles. Unsurprisingly, Toyota makes half of them wink

Click below for the rundown

15 Vehicles That Can Run for 200,000 Miles or More https://www.forbes.com/stories/15-vehicles-that-can-run-for-200000-miles-or-more/
Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 7:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR TO SHOW YOUR CAR SOME LOVE FOR KEEPING YOU MOVING! FIND COUPONS HERE.

For one (1) year of stress-free maintenance, check out our Silver and Gold Maintenance Packages and to stock up on oil, check out our OIL-TOBER Special (Applies to ANY weight of conventional oil not just 5w20).

https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/coupons

Thanks to HeavenlyBang for reminding us people need stress-free maintenance solutions.

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
Some NL newbies may not be familiar with who we are and what we do. We are an American auto repair franchise and repair ALL car brands with warranties and sell authentic parts with warranties as the first African location of America's largest part chain (Carquest/Advance Auto Parts). Here's a taste. And NO, we are not as expensive as you think we are cool

Instagram @RADAUTOWORKS
Youtube @Rad Auto Works presents Mr. Transmission-Milex
website www.radautoworks.com or www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNNqshboyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50iK3pcKvh4

See posts above this one for current specials.
Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 11:23am On Oct 12, 2020
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. WE WILL BE AVAILABLE BY EMAIL @ SUPPORT@RADAUTOWORKS.COM FOR QUESTIONS AND UPDATES IF WE HAVE YOUR VEHICLE.

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2020
Apologies to all but the environment has led us here.

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
**CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY SNEAK PEEK**

I scratched my head wondering how best to show appreciation to NLers. I didn't want to give something that is quickly consumed. Based on what I see everyday it seems there is a real need for people to be able to do basic code reading to inform/assist their mechanics (and know when they are being had), if I'm to accomplish my goal of changing the auto repair industry in Nigeria.

All 12 of these will be given away in December. I am still thinking of a fun, fair way to accomplish that. Input will be appreciated.

As always, thank you NLers. We may squabble but at the end of the day it is all love cool

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2020
New shipment of drive belts just arrived. When serpentine belts break they can also flap around and cause A LOT of damage to the engine.

Stop buying poor quality belts when good ones with warranties are available for N5,000 up.

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
LeJeun3:

Oga it's not possible.....
- engine not smoking
- engine not leaking

And 20Liters of oil loss??

This one is for you LeJeun3.

It IS quite possible for a car to short oil massively without smoke or leaks more often than not when the valve seals have issues. Toyotas are notorious for this. It is easily verified by running a finger in the tailpipe/exhaust for black residue. There is another dead giveaway but we can't give away all our secrets now can we wink

https://www.wilsonvillechevrolet.com/service/information-reasons-car-is-losing-oil

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by LeJeun3: 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2020
radautoworks:

This one is for you LeJeun3.

It IS quite possible for a car to short oil massively without smoke or leaks more often than not when the valve seals have issues. Toyotas are notorious for this. It is easily verified by running a finger in the tailpipe/exhaust for black residue. There is another dead giveaway but we can't give away all our secrets now can we wink

https://www.wilsonvillechevrolet.com/service/information-reasons-car-is-losing-oil

I totally agree with you about the possibility, however like you clearly noted in the bolded, there would be proof. Which I asked OP for...

Then again OP said he hardly drove the vehicle, so loosing 4quarts would have been within range if normal oil burn was 1quart to 2000miles, however for a vehicle that was barely used and hadn't covered 2000miles to have gulped almost 20quarts , well maybe I just don't know enough....

Thanks

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 12:56am On Nov 26, 2020
LeJeun3:

I totally agree with you about the possibility, however like you clearly noted in the bolded, there would be proof. Which I asked OP for...

Then again OP said he hardly drove the vehicle, so loosing 4quarts would have been within range if normal oil burn was 1quart to 2000miles, however for a vehicle that was barely used and hadn't covered 2000miles to have gulped almost 20quarts , well maybe I just don't know enough....

Thanks

It's possible. I'm thinking 20 was a bit of hyperbole. Probably more like 10-12. As far as proof, a lot of "techs" don't know that. Soot may not be conclusive but there is another check that is like I mentioned before. My main point though we agree on. It is possible.
Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by Stanleyallen17(m): 11:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
Do you have any if this in your office?

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 3:04am On Nov 29, 2020
Stanleyallen17:
Do you have any if this in your office?

Please email support@radautoworks.com or use our online tool here https://www.nairaland.com/post/92790045
Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by Stanleyallen17(m): 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
radautoworks:

Please email support@radautoworks.com or use our online tool here https://www.nairaland.com/post/92790045

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2021
This electric car battery takes the same time to charge as filling up with gas

A new type of electric-car battery, that can be charged in five minutes, has been unveiled in China.
Standard electric-vehicle batteries can take many hours to fully charge and is seen as a barrier to mass adoption of electric vehicles.
The switch to electric cars is an important part of global efforts to lower emissions and combat climate change.
An electric-car battery that can be charged in five minutes, the amount of time it takes to fill up a tank of gas, has been produced for the first time in a factory in China.

The new lithium-ion batteries were developed by the Israeli company StoreDot and manufactured by Eve Energy in China. The company has produced 1,000 sample batteries compliant with li-ion battery certifications, StoreDot said.

The samples will be used to showcase the company's technology to prospective buyers and investors looking to get a jump on the electric-vehicle market, including BP, Daimler, Samsung Ventures, and TDK.

Faster-charging batteries would make electric vehicles more functional

For many drivers, electric cars do not cut it for long trips because of the amount of time it takes to charge the vehicles. Electric-car batteries on the market can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 12 hours to charge, though a typical EV takes about eight hours to charge from empty to full, according to Pod Point, a manufacturer of electric-vehicle chargers.

Electric vehicles are a crucial part of Biden's $2 trillion climate-change plan, in which he wants an entirely green electric power grid by 2035 with cars running on electricity instead of gasoline. StoreDot's new battery technology would make this green future more feasible, eliminating what CEO Doron Myersdorf called electric vehicle's biggest barriers: "range and charging anxiety."

"Today's announcement marks an important milestone, moving XFC for the first time beyond innovation in the lab to a commercially-viable product that is scalable for mass production," Myersdorf said in a press release. "We're on the cusp of achieving a revolution in the EV charging experience that will remove the critical barrier to mass adoption of EVs."

Electric cars average about 250 miles of driving per charge. With a battery that could charge faster, drivers would not be range-bound and could take EVs on longer trips.

While lithium-ion batteries use graphite as an electrode, the StoreDot battery works faster by replacing graphite with semiconductor nanoparticles that allow ions to pass more easily and quickly. The company expects to replace this electrode with silicon, a much cheaper component, by the end of the year.

Tesla is also working on developing silicon electrodes.

On Monday, Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted, "Battery cell production is the fundamental rate-limiter slowing down a sustainable energy future. Very important problem."

Tesla has been making strides to give EVs a longer travel range through an extensive Supercharger network, as well as its new generation of long-range electric cars that can go up to 400 miles between charges. Musk hopes to make electric cars as convenient and accessible as conventional combustion-engine vehicles.

Fast-charging EV batteries are still several years away

StoreDot's five-minute battery will likely not enter the mainstream market for many years, as mass production will not be available for quite some time as the company continues to hone its technology.

The startup has experimented with fast-charging batteries in the past for phones, drones, and scooters. In 2014, the company developed a prototype of a charger that could boost your phone's battery from dead to fully charged in 30 seconds.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/electric-car-battery-charge-time-vehicles-climate-change-sustainability

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 3:13am On Apr 20, 2021
What to Know About Your Car’s Air Filters

Committing to changing the air filters on your vehicle on a regular basis can prolong engine life, maximize engine power, help the planet, and improve your health.

There are two types of air filters in every car. One filter cleans the air that enters the engine, and another filters the air you breathe inside the vehicle. Both filters are made of paper, cotton, or foam and trap dust, pollen, mold, and debris, preventing it from getting in the engine or in the air you breathe. The experts at Milex Complete Auto Care recommend changing the air filters on your car to keep it performing at the top of its game. Learning how to check your air filters and understanding why keeping them clean is important are key to your health and the well-being of your vehicle.

How to Tell if Your Engine Air Filter Needs Changing

Your car’s engine requires sufficient airflow to run properly. A clogged air filter can create build up on your spark plugs, which can cause the car or idle roughly. Small particles from the air can cause damage to various parts of your engine. Having a clean air filter can prevent costly repairs to your engine.

Mechanics used to recommend changing air filters frequently to maintain fuel economy. A study from the U.S. Department of Energy revealed a car’s air filter does not improve fuel efficiency on new, fuel-injected engines, according to the American Automobile Association. While older carburetor cars needed fresh air filters, present guidance recommends changing the air filter only if airflow is badly restricted, or as directed by the automaker.

Most automakers recommend changing the filter every 30,000 miles. Checking the condition of your air filter is an easy task.

Open your car’s hood and find the plastic box with a large hose sticking out of the side on top or the side of your engine.
You may need a screwdriver, but the engine air filter housing will likely be closed with clamps. Pop open the box and remove the filter and see if it is full of debris. If you tap the filter and dirt falls out, it’s time to replace it.

Signs Your Cabin Air Filter Needs Replacing

The cabin air filter is responsible for keeping the air in your car fresh and clean. The World Health Organization estimates that around 7 million people die from exposure to polluted air every year, and nine out of 10 people breathe polluted air. One of the leading causes of air pollution is truck and car emissions on the roadway. While the United States has taken great strides to reduce air pollution with regulations and emissions testing, making sure your cabin air filter is in proper working order can help protect your health on the road. Pollutants are often higher inside your vehicle, especially if you are idling in traffic. In fact, the air inside your car can be up to 15 times more polluted than the air outside, reveals IQAir, an air-quality resource. If you live in a smoggy city, or a desert climate, you may need to change your air filter more frequently, Car and Driver reports. In addition to keeping out pollutants, the cabin air filter helps keep out dust, dirt, pollen, bugs, and leaves. Pollen is especially problematic for people who are prone to allergies. No one wants their eyes to water, or have a sneezing fit, while they’re concentrating on the road.

Milex Complete Auto Care recommends changing your cabin air filter every 30,000 miles, or when you notice a sign it may be dirty. Here are the top signs your cabin air filter needs replacing.

Your car smells musty or unpleasant.
Weak airflow from your heat or air conditioning unit or it is louder than normal.
A whistling sound coming from vents or you see debris.
Your allergies are acting up.
Your windshield takes a long time to defog.

If you are driving in a big city with a lot of trucks emitting harmful emissions, you can minimize the impact and keep out pollutants by driving with your windows closed and using the recirculation setting on your car’s ventilation system, according to Occupational Health & Safety magazine. You can spot-check your cabin air filter easily. Cabin air filters are typically located under the dash or behind the glove box. A quick look at your owner’s manual will tell you where to find your filter. If it looks filthy, it’s time to get a new one.

Keep your engine and your lungs healthy by visiting an expert at Milex Complete Auto Care to make sure your car’s air filters are in top form.

https://milexcompleteautocare.com/blog/what-to-know-about-your-car-s-air-filters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by futurenix(m): 2:51am On May 29, 2021
radautoworks:

MY AC IS NOT COLD AND I JUST FILLED GAS

This is a very common complaint and most of the time or dear Kazeems will recommend a compressor. Fact is if you recently filled with gas and it's no longer cold you have a LEAK. If you're lucky, all you need is a can of Interdynamics refrigerant with stop leak and you are good to go. Interdynamics makes the best AC chemicals and this will fix almost all common leaks in hoses, gaskets and O rings.

Believe us, it's a LOT cheaper than a compressor. cool

Please what's the price or link to the price for this. Have some leakage on my sienna around the compressor area or so.
Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 4:31am On May 29, 2021
futurenix:

Please what's the price or link to the price for this. Have some leakage on my sienna around the compressor area or so.
hi, currently out of stock.

You can check out website for pricing and inventory 24/7

Weblink.carquest.com
Username Cust498
Password Password1
Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
Because of the incredible support we have received, we can no longer keep up with the volume of customers in a walk-in basis. For now, we will be operating based on appointments only. Quick changes like oil and brakes are still available via walk-in.

As we open more locations to spread the load we hope to be able to return to walk-ins for all services.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
WE HEARD YOUR COMPLAINTS AND MADE SOME IMPROVEMENTS!

By far the largest complaints we ever had were about our lack of communication. With our new system, all information about your repair is at your fingertips 24/7 LIVE as it happens. Still have additional questions? You can reach your auto advisor without having to make a phone call. The message goes directly to YOUR service advisor, is logged and monitored and if they are not immediately available they will respond as soon as they are free!

BUT HOW DOES IT WORK?
When you come in, you will receive a welcome email like the one below with a link were you can monitor all aspects of your repair.

The link will take you a webpage like the one below.

From this page you can MESSAGE YOUR ADVISOR...

View the different recommended repairs and their estimated costs (broken down into parts and labor per service as well as in total)...If you scroll down the page, you can also see any findings and notes to and from your auto advisor...

And approve all or part of the estimate without ever having to come into the shop or make a phone call! Pertinent pictures will even be available to view of your vehicle repair!!! No more being placed on hold, no more waiting for a callback cool

We continue to try to improve our services and feel that this will address communication issues and help us be more green by reducing paper waste. More improvements are in the works and will communicate them to you as they come.

We thank you for your loyalty and hope this helps continue to build "customer experiences that result in loyalty".

1 Like

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2022
Nobody likes to think about it, but things can go wrong when you’re driving. Sometimes very wrong.

One reason we often tell people to bring their vehicles in for regular maintenance is that things are less likely to go wrong if you take care of your car. You’re far less likely to have a flat tire or to see your car engine suddenly go up in smoke if you’re bringing in your car into our shop. But sometimes things can go wrong even if your car is being routinely inspected and is running well.

Be Prepared: 9 Must-Haves in Your Car In Case There’s an Emergency: Your cell phone ; Car window breaking tools ; Roadside flares ; A flashlight ; Jumper cables ; A first-aid kit ; Water bottles and maybe some snacks ; Blankets ; A spare tire. Of course, you could probably fill up your car with numerous things in case of an emergency. Plan ahead and think about the scenarios that seem plausible and prepare for them. Many car emergencies, like a tire blowout or brakes failing on a busy freeway, are completely preventable. Visit or call. ⭐️

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sorry it took so long. Here is our new customer interface and how to use it. It's long but it's also a lot of information grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlfWk8BZmsw

1 Like

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2023
COMMON SIGNS OF TRANSMISSION WEAR INCLUDE:
-Loss of power upon acceleration
-Transmission is unable to go into gear
-Hard or late shifting of gears
-Transmission slipping
-Chatter or grinding noise in the transmission
-Transmission leaking Car is unable to move

At Mr. Transmission Milex we offer different levels of service – from fluid and filter exchange to fluid and filter flush – we offer the best service needed to keep your transmission in road ready condition. Our transmission maintenance services can help provide smoother shifting, improved performance, component failure reduction and increased vehicle longevity. As a vehicle ages, it is normal for the transmission to undergo wear and tear. Over time the fluid becomes thinner and contaminated and can cause premature wear on the transmission. Extreme temperature, towing and stop and go traffic also increase the wear on your transmission.

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 10:23pm On May 24, 2023
One of the most common reasons for loss of fuel economy is a dirty fuel system. A clogged and dirty fuel system can also cause other major problems in your vehicle, such as engine malfunction, hard starts, and poor performance. Attending to your vehicle’s fuel system with preventive maintenance can help prevent these failures.

FAQs about Fuel Systems:
What type of maintenance service does the fuel system need?
A Fuel System Service can clean and unclog accumulated carbon deposits, varnish and other fuel residue from the fuel injection system and other components. This service includes replacing your fuel filter. A clean filter will improve fuel flow from the fuel pump helping extend the life of the pump.
What are the benefits of a fuel system service?
Increases fuel economy
Reduces exhaust emissions
Improves vehicle performance
Helps prevent rust and corrosion in the system
Prolongs life of fuel system components

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 9:21pm On May 31, 2023
POV: You're about to spend millions on a car purchase but won't PROTECT YOUR EXPENDITURE WITH A SIMPLE N30k COMPREHENSIVE CHECK

Let us check out that car complete with uploaded pictures of our findings before you purchase it. You have no idea how many times customers thought they bought "unaccidented cars" only to find out they were in major front-end collisions (more on that in another post) undecided

DON'T BE PENNY WISE AND POUND FOOLISH!

1 Like

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
In your vehicle there are two main belts - the timing belt and the serpentine belts. 🔧

The timing belt works with the crankshaft, allowing it to turn the camshaft. As a matter of fact, the timing belt used to be a chain, but it got changed to a belt to help protect the parts around it.

The other main one, the long serpentine belt, is responsible for driving the engine's components - a rather important job. If it breaks, your engine cannot run whatsoever.

As an honorable mention, older models of cars used V belts - short belts that ran various individual components of the vehicle. In the end, they were replaced by the serpentine belt to keep it more efficient.

Re: Useful Car Information at Mr. Transmission/Milex, Carquest BLOG by radautoworks: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
Please watch. This is not about us trying to make money. Buyer beware is REAL undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSZwkFScl2E?si=3NxIcWkfodkAJKiH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC / Driving Tips For First Time Drivers In Lagos / I Need A Good Driving School In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.